Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-in (Week of 3/20)

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How's it going?

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in?

DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in (Week of 3/20)

• Loading the player...
  • @MrsMiller8588 @darkrose88 what's buti yoga?
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl I don't really know how to describe it, but it's yoga with a lot of movement and a lot of booty shaking. You could probably find some youtube videos that give you a better idea. It is a great cardio and toning workout! Probably the best shape I've been in years when I went regularly. The studio that offers it is just so dang expensive here! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @KatieEl The other thing I would add to @MrsMiller8588's description is it has a sort of tribal feel to it. It was definitely a great cardio workout, but sadly they don't offer it at my gym anymore. 
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Trying not to over eat and drink more water 

2. How's it going? I feel like a programmed robot who works out 5 days a week. :D

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Down a pound not impressive but I`ll take it 

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in? Zumba 

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Drinking way more water. I'm also starting slow and want to get back into working out so now I'm aiming for twice a week.  

2. How's it going? I downloaded an app for water intake and it's already a reminder of how bad I am.  Good news is coffee counts! 

But I did do 1.5 miles on the treadmill tonight! 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I meal prepped like a mofo yesterday! More for this week, but I'm proud. I was way off my game last week 

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in? Nothing. I'm boring! 

• @Stargazer1lily a pound is still impressive! Get pumped!
  • NICE JOB YOU GUYS!  Every little bit counts!  

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

Sticking to my Insanity @LaurenEG14workout program with the 21 Day Fix eating plan.

2. How's it going?

Great - DURING THE WEEK.  This weekend I flew off the handle and was super lazy and ate whatever I wanted  and I mean WHATEVER I wanted.  

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

I worked out 5 out of the 7 days so that's good.  My arms are already getting more muscle.  I haven't weighed myself yet.  I'm a little nervous.

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in?

I don't really do fitness group classes. I'd like to start though after I finish insanity

• @darkrose88, I wish I had your willpower. Last week's sweet consumption at work was an all time high, but I guess that's what brought about motivation and healthier choices this week.

@LaurenEG14, way to go with sticking to your goal and turning down the pizza! I have a hard time passing up some free food.

@BreezyBee, I tried Insanity at one point, and the first workout about killed me. I'm such a wimp. I'd really like to go back and try it again. I have all the videos, I just can't bring myself to try it again. Please talk me into it? I don't really work out other than the occasional yoga, so I don't know if Insanity is even the right way to start.

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Trying to be more active (whether that's true exercise or just hitting my step goal each day). I have a bad habit of jumping right into workouts hardcore and injuring myself (not majorly, just enough to stop the good habit). This time I'm trying to ease into it. Also trying to eat healthier/fewer processed foods (especially those enriched with folic acid since I know now that I have MTHFR mutations). Replacing that with more leafy greens to get plenty of folate instead.

2. How's it going? Really just started today. But I hit my step goal, partly due to the fact that I got up early this morning for a walk. Ate better for breakfast and lunch, but came home with healthy groceries at the same time that DH came home with a pizza. So that wasn't so good...

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Starting on track with healthier habits? My diet got really out of hand while my parents were here.

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in? I've done a few fun things, but nothing really out there. Zumba, hip hop classes, that sort of thing. 

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • BreezyBee and @icecubeinthedesert- I love insanity and it whips me into shape in a short time. However, I am sad to say that I have let myself go so I'm not comfortable going to that extreme while TTC. Especially since I have such sensitive cycles. The plan for me is to do easier stuff until I get KU so I can continue doing those things throughout the 9 months. Insanity is going to be my secret weapon when I need to lose baby weight.
    Me: 29 DH:30
    Dating 03/31/2011 Married 10/18/2014
    DS Born 12/28/2017
    TTC #2 06/2019

• @icecubeinthedesert Yeah even the warm ups are more than I do all day. It's freaking haaaaaard - but worth it!
    If you're interested in doing Insanity I would suggest just doing what you can. Take breaks when you need to. I'll do what I can at my speed, and before I know it, I'm getting better and better every week. And it really works - last time I did Insanity I lost 15 lbs and was super lean. It's not sustainable long term though, so I like to mix in yoga and Pilates and the 22 Day Fix workout dvds with it when I need a break, or when I complete the program. As @LaurenEG14 said, I probably wouldn't do this while KU, but I'll keep going until I am!
    DOOOOO IT!!

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Getting to the gym more frequently and eating better

2. How's it going? Ehhhh...not good. That's why I'm joining in with you ladies :) I need to be held accountable and hubby doesn't do that, which in a way I'm grateful for because I feel like he loves me no matter what size I may be sporting, but I also feel like he just knows it will hurt my feelings if he points anything out (even delicately). 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Last week had no wins, big or small. There was a lot of pizza involved. 

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in? Between 2012 and 2014, I joined a gym and lost about 40 pounds. It took a while because in the early days, I had no idea what I was doing. I thought all I had to do was exercise and I'd lose weight. Once I got my diet on track, I really started to lose. I tried SOO many different programs during that time, but I really enjoyed Shaun T's programs. I did Insanity first, then T25. They aren't necessarily unique but every time I completed an Insanity workout, I felt pretty bad ass. 

Me:31 ~ DH: 28
    Swiped Right: 6/2014
    Married: 9/2016
    TTC # 1: 11/2016 
     BFP: 5/2017
    Baby Boy: 1/2018
    Link to FF Charts
  • @ktcakes87 wow, you've made remarkable progress. congratulations. As for the last two weeks, you stuck to tracking and that can be difficult when you know you're doing "bad behavior"
    @SoldiersMom we're here for you! so, as far as holding you accountable, would you like us to ask questions or give you some motivation/encouragement? I think you have great starting goals. What kind of workouts do you do at the gym?
    @LoveInDC dressing for a workout gives you one less excuse to not do it. Good planning. What type of workout are you planning to do today? Also, that Thriller class sounds like so much fun

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai Honestly? I'm probably going to do some low-key home yoga. Maybe take the dog for a walk. It's just that *TMI* I have very active sweat glands. Like, I get sweaty and gross when I'm cold and sitting doing nothing. It's very annoying. So the last thing I want to do is any physical activity when I'm wearing a cute shirt and a nice bra. At least in work out clothes, I don't have to worry about that.
  • @LoveinDC a Thriller Zumba class sound Amazing! (And I’m totally team dress for teh workout to make it happen.  DH knows if he comes home from work and I’m still rocking the spandex it has NOT been a good day.  I’m a crank if I don’t at least get my walk in.)

@MrsMiller8588 It's not really a recipe but I love chicken breast+jar of salsa in the crockpot (low for 8 hours); it's great in lettuce wraps, on top of salads, tacos/burritos, rice bowls etc.  

And totally unsolicited advice RE: Insanity (Or ANY High Intensity Interval Training Program) Postpartum **TW**Please, please, please be gentle with yourselves and make sure to get your pelvic floor checked out by a doctor first before jumping (ha!) into it.  I started pushing my body way too soon after my last pregnancy with HIIT, and I ended up with a stage two uterine prolapse.  It took months and months of physical therapy to fix it and I wasn’t able to do any working out except for light pilates and walking during that time.  I definitely set myself back by trying to push it too hard too soon.  And I had a totally normal, fast, non-traumatic birth, so it really can happen to anyone.**End TW** (And getting off my high-horse.)
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @kbamomma33 I got a good chuckle out of your Jesus hands emoji comment. 

And I personally hate you fat skinny girls (I'm looking at you too @LoveInDC!). My sister got those good genes in our family, they skipped me and went right to her. Amazing metabolism and can eat what she wants but I always say that if we compared blood tests that I'm waaaaaaaay healthier. 
    I just have to watch what I eat and do the exercise thing. As I was on the treadmill earlier I took a Snapchat video and commented that I hate her for getting the kick ass metabolism of the family. Bitch eats Big Macs! I couldn't tell you the last time I had fast food.  God damn I want a burger now...

• @50Wife Oh trust, I know your pain. My sister got the good metabolism (she's a 00 and a stick). I got curves and zero metabolism. I just compensate by being crazy unhealthy.

*TW* I was 50lbs over my target weight in high school. Out of pain and stupidity, I started starving myself to drop those 50lbs. I got there, and was fortunately able to stop at that point. *end TW*

But my metabolism is crap, I don't exercise, and I eat junk. I compensate by eating virtually nothing. It's terrible for me, which is why I'm trying to change, but it's my life right now.
  • Haha @katieel there's NO WAY I'll be doing any excercise postpartum if that ever happens. And most def not insanity lol. I would literally DIE.  
    You guys I really cried today doing my insanity workout. It was so hard and I felt so defeated but I DID IT. God I feel so accomplished!!!  
    Aaaaaaannnnnddddd then I promptly went out to dinner and ate lasagna and hella Brie cheese and tiramisu. But I saved all my carbs and cheese all day for it, so I effing earned it. Small rewards people!  Don't deprive yourselves!
    And welcome @kbamomma33. You seem super positive and awesome - so into it!
  • @LoveInDC 21 day fix is a good way to keep yourself in check with food if you want to look into going that route! Not sure what your end goal is...it's just portion controlled clean eating. 
  • Thank you @BreezyBee!
    And tiramisu and Brie cheese, get out of town. Brie cheese is my jam! Ugh- give me all the Brie!

• @50Wife Thanks for the tip! I just started a 30 day yoga challenge that I have hopes to finish. I'm trying not to do so many "challenges" or short-term programs because I'm worried they're not going to stick (or I just won't complete them). But maybe a food one will get me on the right track. At this point, I'm just trying to eat like a normal human and exercise enough to maintain a healthy weight
  • @LoveInDC look into it. I think you can even find the container measurements online rather than buying the program. It made me look at the food I need and potions differently. So while I'm not currently strictly following it, I keep it in the back of my mind when making my food choices through each day 
  • @Avrilmai I think just have a group that I know is supportive and is looking out for my check-in will help me. I did weight watchers two years ago and I did fantastic when I went to weekly meetings, but when I switched to their program that allowed you to do everything on your own through their app I failed because I didn't have that check in. As far as workouts, I enjoy strength training and H and I recently joined a yoga class. But I find cardio tedious and dread doing it. That's why enjoyed Insanity and T25 so much. It wasn't a steady state cardio. I like in northeastern PA so it is still cold here, but once the weather gets warmer I would like to try running outside. I think I could stick to that better than a treadmill routine. Plus we have a lot of trails around our area. 

Me:31 ~ DH: 28
    Swiped Right: 6/2014
    Married: 9/2016
    TTC # 1: 11/2016 
     BFP: 5/2017
    Baby Boy: 1/2018
    Link to FF Charts
  • I'm jumping in here because I got on the scale this morning and it was not pretty!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Eating healthy 80% of the time and work out 5 - 6 days per week. Possibly get back into a half marathon training schedule if I can find one that is coming up in the next few months. Really I need to focus on losing some weight (in the "obese" BMI range now) because my doctor said that just losing 10% of your body weight (if you are overweight) can increase your chances of conceiving dramatically. Plus I want to be healthy for my future in utero child.

2. How's it going? Well today is day 1 and I didn't eat the most ideal breakfast but it's okay day 1 I guess. 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? A few days ago I made pasta (which is my go-to if my DH is working late) but instead of it just being pasta, butter and cheese, I cooked up some veggies so it was half the amount of pasta I usually eat, veggies and some cheese (no butter). 

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in? I've done Zumba (I can't dance to save my life and I look ridiculous). I also like spinning. I worked at a boxing gym one summer so I participated in some classes when I could which was interesting.

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Midweek check in: OMG someone come get this Valentine's Candy out of my house!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I really wanted to come back and check in earlier, but today was so busy. @LoveInDC how is the home yoga going? 
    @SoldiersMom I find cardio tedious as well. I love that you and your H are in a yoga class together. 
    @KatieEl I feel you on the candy. We have so much at work and today we had cake, there was so much cake.  We got a cake for our intern, then a marketer brought us cupcakes and one of our interns is leaving so she gave everyone a mini bundt cake. I split the mini cake with DH after dinner, but I honestly every time he took 2-3 bites in a row I was thinking "my cake, no more for you." 
    @justkeepswimming8  welcome! GL with you're healthy eating goals! 

On on the bright side I've met my water goal everyday this week! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Taking my vitamins regularly, completing my strength training program (The Bigness Project)

2. How's it going? Pretty good, FF has really helped me with my vitamins actually! I love the satisfaction of seeing those little boxes lining up! The working out ebbs and flows, because I work shifts work, I tend to get more exercise in on my days off.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I put on a sleeveless shirt for the first time since starting my muscle building program and actually saw how muscular my arms are becoming - I'm loving it!

4. GTKY: What's the most unique/interesting fitness class/sport you've participated in? I participated in a club league volleyball team when I was in highschool. It was quite competitive and we travelled a lot. That was probably the best shape I have ever been in in my life, I loved it and I really miss playing volleyball!

Have you ladies heard of Healthy Habits Happy Moms or are you members of their Facebook group? Being a member there has completely revolutionized how I feel about dieting and weight loss, I highly recommend it! (And yes, they allow not-yet-but-want-to-be moms in too!)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kvacmak I love Healthy Habits Happy Moms! And they're B365 program has been so good for me.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • LaurenEG14LaurenEG14 member
    edited March 2017
    So I just ate a muffin and this is how I feel....

ETA- It was a HUGE muffin...
    Me: 29 DH:30
    Dating 03/31/2011 Married 10/18/2014
    DS Born 12/28/2017
    TTC #2 06/2019

• @Avrilmai Sorry I missed this! Home yoga is going good so far. I don't know how well I'll handle it on the weekends, but we'll see! I'm doing the 30 day yoga challenge with Yoga by Adriene. She's very easy to follow and listen to. She has a lot of variations for different levels. She's very free-flow and as a new yogi, I'm excited about it. I'll report back after day 30 :)
  • @KatieEl I haven't done B365 but I've heard amazing things. It's crazy how once you recognize 'diet culture' you start seeing/hearing it EVERYWHERE. It's kind of annoying. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers