Baby Names

Thoughts on jada

hey ladies, my favorite girl name is jade but since it's already my husbands cousin who lives oversees name we can't use it. Wondering your thoughts on the name Jada (middle name Elizabeth).. 

Re: Thoughts on jada

• I like it.I really do think it's a beautiful name if you're looking for something that short and a little edgy, moving away from the frilly girl names that are in abundance right now. It does remind me of Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smiths wife  and I believe it became a bit popular briefly around the time that she became more famous so my only caution would be that it might sound a little bit dated. 
  • Jada Elizabeth is great.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like it. Easily recognizable, but not too common. Pretty name that will grow well.
  • It's NMS, but there's nothing wrong with it. 

• personally not a fan but i wouldn't side eye it
  • It's NMS, but a pretty name nonetheless. 

• It's pretty but I can't help but think of Jada Pinkett Smith.  

If you love Jade but don't want to use the husband's cousin's name, Jada is still so similar to Jade that you might as well use the one you like more.  I wouldn't worry too much about a repeat name with a distant relative. 
  • What about Giada? Or even Gianna? I have a cousin Jada who is 20 and she is the only one I know with that name. It's pretty. Not over done but still pretty close to Jade.
  • It's not my style, but it seems like a good name. I also second the thought that you can totally use Jade. I wouldn't let a distant relative who lives far away stop me from using a name I love. It would be different if you saw her all the time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I agree- if you think you don't want to duplicate Jade, Jada is too close.
  • mb0112 said:
    It's pretty but I can't help but think of Jada Pinkett Smith.  

If you love Jade but don't want to use the husband's cousin's name, Jada is still so similar to Jade that you might as well use the one you like more.  I wouldn't worry too much about a repeat name with a distant relative. 
    This. But Jada is fine, too!
  • Pretty, I've also seen it spelled Jaida.
  • I immediately thought of Jada Pinkett Smith