March 2017 Moms

STM Check-In : 3/20

kjd291kjd291 member
edited March 2017 in March 2017 Moms
Hey STM's or thirds or forths ;)

Hows it going this week?? Surviving two or more outside babies? Doing okay being super pregnant taking care of older kiddos? 

if you want some format you can remind us--->

1: inside or outside baby's age/siblings? 
2: current challenges as a STM
3: current happy moments that come with being a STM
4: rant/rave/random
5: Things you forgot about pregnancy/newborns since you had your last baby?

Re: STM Check-In : 3/20

• Loading the player...
  • Robi1Robi1 member
    1: inside or outside baby's age/siblings? inside baby still, 40+2, my little turns two tomorrow and my oldest is 3.5
    2: current challenges as a STM Everything is so hard with my toddlers, the worst right now is the amount of time I spend in the bathroom leaning over wiping their butts - it kills my back. Trying to climb into the bunk beds to tuck them in is rough too. I can't lift either of them and everytime they sit near me or on my lap they flail and bonk into my belly and it's so uncomfortable. 
    3: current happy moments that come with being a STM I am so excited about how close this baby is to being here and can't wait to see them all three together!
    4: rant/rave/random I am the most pregnant I've ever been - never gone overdue before. This would have been easier without the toddlers. I really hope baby comes soon. 
    5: Things you forgot about pregnancy/newborns since you had your last baby? I can't even think of anything but I'm sure it'll come up soon. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • @gators&bosox & @longliveregina nice job on the solo outings!! Super moms!! I've yet to attempt it! 
  • @kjd291 yes to the developmental leap and teething!! talk about timing lol ... sometimes when i read your posts i think we are living the same life 

• kjd291kjd291 member
    edited March 2017
    @kjd291 yes to the developmental leap and teething!! talk about timing lol ... sometimes when i read your posts i think we are living the same life 

Haha! Love it!! ((Well I don't love that you're also going through it-because it majorly sucks!))

Because we have the same age gap AND our girls have the same birthday-I'm sure we'll have many more times we get to share phases from hell as our littles grow up! 
  • Guys, DD1 (4yo)  came down with a fever tonight. It's mild, 101F. What am I going to do. The newborn cannot get a fever. She's 3 weeks old. I need advice.
    She's good at washing hands. She coughs into her sleeve etc. But if she gets DD2 sick forget it. 
    I'm breastfeeding but what else can I do?
  • @Cbeanz Besides making sure your kids keep their hands clean, I'm not sure if there's much you can do.  :/ Your kids are in daycare/school, correct? That may help with keeping the spread of germs down since they won't be in baby's face all day. Hopefully breastfeeding will help fight off any germs. 
  • If it's a virus and your lo has a fever from it, I think the exposure has already happened. Just keep doing What you're doing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1: inside or outside baby's age/siblings? 
    Catherine: 2.5yo, Asher: 2.5 weeks 

bedtime!!! My toddler hates sleeps! Pretty much, all of us go to bed at the same time, because no matter what time we lay her down, she doesn't fall asleep until 10 anyway. I just want to crawl into bed at 9, and sleep kid-free in my bed all night. The baby stays in his bassinet for the most part, but Cate almost always ends up in our bed. To be fair, she seems to be waking up and coming in right when I'm finishing up Asher's night time feeding at 3ish, so I think she is getting stirred up when he wakes up and cries.

morning snuggles after DH goes to work, I watch the news, share a juice with Cate, and snuggle and nurse Asher. No rushing, no place to be, just enjoying the half hour or so before Cate starts asking me to change the channel. We established a rule that we can watch cartoons when we are done with our apple juice. 

Cate is obsessed with Asher! She has been so helpful, and patient with him (and with me). She's always been a pretty easy kid (minus the first 6 months...then she was the worst baby EVER), but I think she is even better now, if that's possible. A new sibling has had almost the exact opposite effect from what I was anticipating!

What a great excuse a newborn can be! I have used either "I'm not up to it yet" or "I can't because of the baby/toddler/baby and toddler" excuses a few times already.
  • Thanks @kiyamurph and @longliveregina
    Older siblings are in daycare but with a fever she'll be home with us.
    And yeah you're right, exposure has already happened so not much to do at this point.

We've had stomach bugs go through the whole family while the breastfed baby was the only one who made it unscathed. But I have no experience with fevers and newborns especially when I don't have the illness so I'm not making antibodies in milk. But I'm no virologist so who knows.
  • Cbeanz said:
    Guys, DD1 (4yo)  came down with a fever tonight. It's mild, 101F. What am I going to do. The newborn cannot get a fever. She's 3 weeks old. I need advice.
    She's good at washing hands. She coughs into her sleeve etc. But if she gets DD2 sick forget it. 
    I'm breastfeeding but what else can I do?
    We just went through it last weds and thurs. I kept DS1 who is 5 in our bedroom watching movies etc and LO in his own bedroom and family room. I washed my hands a ton - every time Before i touched the baby.  DS1 miraculously stayed in our bedroom - he had a fever of 102.4 and was vomiting all day long. I lysoled everything in the house - except baby's room. I also sleep in baby's room in a guest bed right now due to nursing so I was able to stay healthy so far. My husband caught it tho. It was a miserable few days. Good luck!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • My two year old had a cold. :( It's going to be a loooooong day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ugh @longliveregina! wishing you a very long nap time and potent coffee
  • @longliveregina I hope DS can exceed expectations!  Goodluck!!

• Does any one else's toddler cry every time baby does? It's maddening
  • Does any one else's toddler cry every time baby does? It's maddening
    She was! But thankfully she stopped last week. I'm sorry you're still stuck in that stage! I think she finally just got used to it?? Now she usually says "cry" or "sad" and does a fake little cry and I will let her help me try and calm baby down, change her or rock her. 
  • Oh I'm glad yours is out of the phase already that gives me hope haha.. he's my sensitive guy so I figured it'd last a while but I'm ready for him to get over it lol
  • Of course you also have a sensitive little one! Haha. I always tell ppl who get concerned about her easily flowing tears that she's my "sensitive little lady".  Hopefully your little guy adjusts sooner than later for your sanity!! 
  • My 2yo plugs her ears and gets mad at me for not making it stop fast enough!
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2017
    More complaining:
    I'm so tired. And after four days of awesome rest my bleeding backed off. But all it took was two days tk8my care of my baby and 2 year old and it's right back where it started: like a heavy red period. I know there's nothing retained in there...the nurse practitioner, midwife, and ob all concur that it's ovetexertion. But it's maddening. Why in the world can my body not seem to handle a normal amount of activity?

And how the eff am I supposed to care for my toddler without lifting him or climbing stairs?

Combine this with fatigue and sleep depression and a cranky toddler and what I suspect is the start of baby blues and I'm a hot mess.

Seriously, are you guys sitting all day? Because apparently that's what my body needs. And it's not fricking possible. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gators&BoSoxGators&BoSox member
    edited March 2017
    @longliveregina I can only imagine how frustrating that is! When i was pregnant with my first I had unexplained bleeding and had to take it easy for the entire pregnancy. That was infuriating enough without the responsibility of taking care of anyone else! I'll tell you I'm not sitting around by any means but I am also still bleeding and it's red. The flow isn't heavy as you described though. I really hope things turn around for you soon. Hugs!  <3
  • @longliveregina I'm so sorry mama. Definitely not sitting over here. Up and running in circles trying to do it all. I replied in the symptoms thread too--but I'm having spurts of time with no bleeding but the gushes of red keep coming back too.  
    I hope the end if this is in sight!! Hugs

• 1: inside or outside baby's age/siblings?  DD-19 mo, DS 4 days 
    2: current challenges as a STM: I feel like my husband is a little overwhelmed , he's so on edge and tense I feel like he's not enjoying this period of time at all . My DD is a little jealous of her brother so navigating that on no sleep plus the normal pp challenges I think is wearing on him . I wish he would lighten up and enjoy it more.
    3: current happy moments that come with being a STM: when my DD snuggles up on me holding the baby (it is rare and doesn't last long )
    4: rant/rave/random: my nipples look like they were attacked by a dog :/ 
    5: Things you forgot about pregnancy/newborns since you had your last baby? The cute little noises they make and how loud they fart lol
  • Yes!! Love love love Bunmi Laditan!!! Have you read her books? "Toddlers are A$$holes" is seriously the best book about kids! And I just preordered her new one that comes out in May.
  • Gators&BoSoxGators&BoSox member
    edited March 2017
    @Cbeanz i have not! if i ever get a minute to read i might consider it though 
  • Figured I would chime in here as Im on baby watch just waiting endlessly!

1: inside or outside baby's age/siblings? Inside baby 39+4, DD age 3 and DS age 18mo
    Waiting for baby to arrive, contractions, water breaking, anything! I can't wait to have my full range of motion back, bending over, putting socks on, playing with my kids, tummy sleeping! 

I am enjoying being pregnant still because I know once baby 3 gets here its gonna be a hell of a ride and my current two will be on the backburner for that first few weeks. So I am enjoying my babies and enjoying not having a newborn though I am ready for it all to happen. I hope I beat April the giraffe into L&D! 
    Everyone asking, "any contractions?" "do you think she'll come today?" "do you want to talk about induction because I had 5 and they're horrible". Also constipation tricking me into thinking its go time, haha. And the thought of going late is pretty daunting, like ugh, possibly two more weeks of this?? 
    How awkward the last month of pregnancy is, with the belly and the tiredness and the "you're about to pop!" and the pointless doctor appointments 
  • So apparently I just like to lurk and not actually check in haha

1: inside or outside baby's age/siblings?

Elise 3.5weeks, Lucas 2.5years

My in laws came from TN to meet the baby. MIL had a cough and runny nose and swore up and down it was allergies. Now DS is sick, I am sick and baby is fussy and slightly snotty and MIL is missing work because she is sick! I am beyond pissed! Now I'm trying to take care of myself and two children while DH works and I am feeling so bad!

Ahh morning coffee! I love nursing baby and watching cartoons while DS drinks his milk. After Elise nurses she is wide awake and DS loves to talk to her.

See rant above. I'm so over the random stops and starts with the bleeding! Just when I think a panty liner will do it, bam! bright red blood with clots and ruined panties!

Late night grunting, sweet giggles in their sleep, how much I love snuggling, how hungry I am while BF, how I immediately need water as soon as baby latches!
  • @Lexxilou1986 You described my life today. Snotty and grumpy toddler, baby who can't breathe unless held perfectly upright, and mom with one he'll of a sinus headache. I love my in laws, but my mil used the same allergy line and now look where we are. 

And my husband had the audacity to suggest I should have taken my son outside today because it was so warm. I was barely holding it together today. At one point my toddler threw such a huge fit he threw up. Picture me sitting on the floor of the bathroom on my knees, toddler (having just spewed, thankfully into a towel I grabbed), sitting on the floor in front of me with his tired head in my lap, shower going full blast to open up my newborn's nasal passages enough to nurse. Yeah, outside was not going to happen today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina You poor thing! We are definitely leading the same life today! Although, My husband was smart enough to know that if I got off the couch today it was only to feed myself or a child and pee. I did manage to do some puzzles, coloring and play cars with DS. The rest of our morning was cartoons. Luckily, DH had a short day today and was home by lunchtime. Yesterday was 14 hours with just me and the kids. 

If if it makes you feel any better, I had to clean toddler poop off the floor when he didn't make it to the potty ! 
  • @Lexxilou1986 @longliveregina I'm so sorry you both have sickness added to the challenges of life with two littlest. Hope your weekends can bring some recovery and added assistance from DH!
  • Even though it was only 19mo ago--I don't remember the long newborn nights like this! Maybe I'm just burying the tough memories, but I don't remember DD1 being such a night nurser. I'm pretty sure she did closer to 3-4hr spaces right away instead of these 1.5-2hrs. (Except for regressions) So I'm ready for sleeping just a bit more. 

I remember the 2x a night feedings as the norm. That would be nice. 

Pro: is I actually enjoy the night nursing and cuddles a lot this time around. I don't get as much one on one bonding because I'm usually tossing LO down whenever humanly possible during the days to help with the toddler needs.
  • @kjd291 DS was a night nurser but he also ended up sleeping with me until 9 months because reflux won  :| ... DD night nurses every 1.5-2 hrs also which has me exhausted since well, you know, toddler. My milk still seems to be a lot for her especially with my forceful let down making her so gassy. I have to keep her propped up for 15-30 min before I can hope she'll go back down in her bassinet. So ofcourse that ends up being us sleeping in the recliner bc a half hour of wake time in the dark after feeding is just too much to ask of me haha .. hang in there! I'm sure your DD will start stretching out her nights soon. My doc says as they gain weight it's easier for them to go longer and your munchkin seems to be achieving that just fine lol  :)
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited March 2017
    @Gators&amp;BoSox same here (surprise surprise) forceful letdown = excess air NOT helping!  By the time I finish feeding her/ burp the crazy amount of air bubbles out/ill lay her down but then get up to change a diaper that didn't even need changing but was fooled by all the loud farting and grunting... It definitely cuts back the amount of sleep time!  Hopefully these kids will be able to handle the milk flow better soon!! 
    Can you prop the basinette up so it's on a slight angle to help??
    ETA-side lying nursing seems to make the letdown a little more manageable for baby girl.