Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 3/20

HGRichHGRich member
edited March 2017 in Pregnant after a Loss
Happy spring, PGAL mommies!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What's your secret talent? 

Re: PGAL Check In 3/20

• How far along are you?  36 weeks 

How big is baby? The size of a power drill or a 2-liter of Mountain Dew. Haha. 

Appointments coming up? Regular (weekly!) appt with OB and cervical check Wednesday. Friday I preregister with the birthing center. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?  Physically exhausted and wishing I hadn't decided to work up to 39 weeks. Reflux is bad, sleeping is difficult. So tired. Emotionally I've been doing well. Hopeful. Loving that she's big enough now that I feel most of her movements and she moves enough to satisfy me.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Term, I guess! Early term in a week. Full term in two weeks. Can't believe it! I think she dropped on Tuesday based on several symptoms and how my bump is lower. That boggles my mind. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I am nervous about transitioning to SAHM and am gonna miss my job a lot. It's been worrying me and I can't believe I only have three weeks left here! 

GTKY: What's your secret talent?  I write fixed form poetry. I've written about 100 sonnets and over 600 total fixed form poems. I like fixed form more than free verse for its structure and the challenge of expressing myself within certain rules of grammar, rhyme, form, and meter. 
  • Happy Monday everyone! I echo @HGRich, happy freaking Spring!

How far along are you? 
    21w6d

How big is baby? Baby Bok Choi??

Appointments coming up? Had my monthly this AM - all is good. My smoothie kicked the heartrate into full gear at 155! Fetal echo tomorrow - looking forward to seeing the baby again :)

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Honestly - good on both fronts. I feel very lucky physically and emotionally I have been able to quiet, not shut off, my PGAL brain. Feeling him/her move certainly helps. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? After tomorrow's appointment I'd say viability - 24 weeks. Hard to believe it's just two weeks away!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am ready for the weather to get warm and STAY warm. I'm so over this yo-yo game. I want to open the windows and clean the house top to bottom!

GTKY: What's your secret talent? Hmmm - I have an insane memory. I don't know why I remember the things I do - it's come in handy before  :)
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...

• How far along are you? 
    38w4d

How big is baby? A winter melon

Appointments coming up? Had my last NST today, Thursday will be my last BPP, Sunday will be the hospital pre-op and then finally Monday will be the c-section. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Pretty good still, no complaints really. Emotionally, good, but even now it's still hard to be 100% ok/relaxed with  it all. I think it's all just part PGAL, part second child worries and a dash of regular pregnancy worry. It all adds up and is still keeping my heart at arms length from this baby. I'm not worried over any of it, but I certainly notice a huge difference between my feelings with this baby vs. when I had my daughter. All that aside, I'm really excited and anxious to meet this little guy. It's just so surreal that all of this is almost over. It seemed to take so long and of course now it feels like it all went by in a flash. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Final, final count down! This is the last week of "everything's". Last food shopping, last Monday, last weekend, etc. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: My rave is I'm so looking forward to being done with gestational diabetes. In the end it turned out to be very manageable and no big deal. However, I'm SO looking forward to a big glass of chocolate milk, which is something I normally don't drink but have been having cravings for. Plus I packed a Cadbury egg in my hospital bag. 

GTKY: What's your secret talent? I really don't have any! 
  • @hgrich wow 36 weeks! I think time speeds up at the end!
    Becoming a SAHM will be a big adjustment for sure, especially if you love your job. I hated my job when I became a SAHM and even then it was difficult just for all the regular SAHM reasons. You'll be so busy with the baby at first that it might not even hit you til later on. With all its difficulties, there's nothing I rather be doing. Plus, with all your first hand homeschooling experience, I think you're going to be great at all of it!
  • @bok bagok holy cow! Congrats lady - just one more week!!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @Bok Bagok aww, thank you! I hope so. It's good to hear though from someone who has enjoyed SAHMing.  Glad to hear the GD was ultimately really manageable. But excited for you to enjoy that Cadbury egg. Haha! So glad your journey is almost to an end. 

@byrneme viability is so soon! I don't remember f I've asked--are you going team green? 
  • @HGRich, we are - much to my husband's chagrin :) After the losses, the IF journey and our ages this is pretty much a one and done situation so I really want to be surprised.
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme that's awesome. I love it. Excited to find out with you in 18 more weeks!! 
  • Hi ladies! I had my fetal echo today and they were FINALLY able to get some better pics since Baby B was so uncooperative at our a/s. I have to say this was by far my favorite scan - she even did some 3D shots. Everything looks great which is the most important thing but I'm smiling ear to ear  I promised to post a picture if we got them so here you go! Our baby is apparently VERY flexible!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme - So great to hear everything went well! Ride that cloud 9 as long as you can, and try to remember it if PGAL creeps up :) It's crazy how they fold in half!!
  • @byrneme yay! Glad it went well. Love the shot! 
  • How far along are you? 36 + 5

How big is baby?  Big.  Not sure on measurements, but I'm uncomfortable.

Appointments coming up? Tomorrow; 37 week OB; and I have a scan to check growth, and to see if he's flipped. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?  Approaching the final weeks, I'm scared.  I can't believe I have to do this again so soon.  My anxiety is through the roof thinking that something bad is going to happen to baby.  Physically, lol, so uncomfortable. Also, tomorrow (3/23), would be my daughters 1st birthday. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Birth?

Rants/Raves/Questions: Questions, or more thoughts/opinions...I have GD, and my baby is breech. Any ideas when they would want to schedule the c/section?  (I'm a planner, and the waiting is killing me, although I will probably have more answers tomorrow).

GTKY: What's your secret talent?  I'm a ninja ;)  Um, nothing really. 
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• @lady_1981 Unless you have high risk factors I don't believe they'll induce or schedule a csection before 39 weeks. I know for myself, they don't really want me going past my due date but it has to do with my age not my GD. I'm scheduled for a csection at 39w4d. I had a emergency c-section with my daughter after a failed induction. I really didn't want to go through that again or try for VBAC, so I knew from the start I would ask for a scheduled csection this time. I'm sure you'll get your answers tomorrow!
  • Bok Bagok said:
    @lady_1981 Unless you have high risk factors I don't believe they'll induce or schedule a csection before 39 weeks. I know for myself, they don't really want me going past my due date but it has to do with my age not my GD. I'm scheduled for a csection at 39w4d. I had a emergency c-section with my daughter after a failed induction. I really didn't want to go through that again or try for VBAC, so I knew from the start I would ask for a scheduled csection this time. I'm sure you'll get your answers tomorrow!
    Thank you for this!  I know they won't let me go past my due date bc of the GD.  I guess I'm being selfish and just want him here.  This pregnancy is much different then my other 2, lots of curveballs. 
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• @Lady_1981 - you're welcome and I hear you! I had lots of red flags and curve balls with this one myself. GD was the biggest shock though! The other day in the waiting room at my OBs office there were three other women with GD, so a total of four of us at that moment. I was surprised with how many of us there were!
  • @Lady_1981 sorry your anxiety is bothering you so much. You're so close--hang in there! Thoughts and prayers for  smooth delivery. Hope he's flipped and if he isn't, that they communicate with you about when you'd have a c-section do you can plan a bit!