Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of March 20

byrnemebyrneme member
edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list!

Mommies to be:
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17 with 1 boy!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 boys!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 girl!
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with 1 girl!
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with 1 boy!
@Nellin EDD 7/8/17 with 1 bean!
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@taradise99 EDD 7/16/17 with 2 boys!
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with 1 boy!
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with 1 surprise bean!
@ARB425 EDD 7/30/17 with 1 girl!
@JuliaAnn86 EDD 8/4/17 with 2 beans!
@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 with 1 bean!
@ChristinaV2015 EDD 8/5/17 with 1 surprise bean!
@Esperer EDD 8/6/17 with 2 beans!
@ljsmith805 EDD 8/8/17 with 1 girl!
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17 with 1 bean!
@DDRGirlie EDD 8/16/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 with 1 boy!
@oxinfree EDD 9/5/17 with 1 boy!
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17 with 1 girl!
@latershrader  EDD 9/12/17 with 1 boy!

QOTW:
Have you been documenting your pregnancy? IE - baby book, scrap book, etc.
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of March 20

• Hi ladies! I will start us off for the week. I am 23+5 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins, 2 more days until 24 WEEKS! Excited to hit viability! My husbands birthday is on Wednesday (which is officially 24 weeks) so I keep saying that the babies are already giving him a gift :smile: I feel pretty good these days minus my back pain and sciatica problems. But my pregnancy itself has been great. The babies are much more active- I love feeling them kick, and a few family members have felt them kick/move too. 
    I think I'm getting a cold... any suggestions on how to beat it naturally?! 

QOTW: I have created a mini picture album with all my sonogram pictures. I write the date and # of weeks I am next to the sono picture. I also explain what happened at that doctor appointment. This way I can look back at it one day and remember the pregnancy in detail, plus I can show the kids one day too! 

Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Good morning Ladies. This is my first post over in 2nd tri! I'm excited to be here!! I'm a FTM, 14+6 weeks today with one baby boy. My pregnancy has been going pretty well. Right now I'm dealing with congestion and hormonal acne. I haven't felt him move yet but I'm so excited for that to start. I have been able to consistently find his hb on my doppler for the last 2-3 weeks, so that is comforting. I have a regular OB appt this Friday. My anatomy scan isn't until the end of April. However, I'm high risk, so after the anatomy scan, i'll get ultrasounds every month. That's a plus!

QOTW: I keep a journal which I wasn't consistent with until I started IF treatment. Now I write in it once a week on Tuesday's. But that's about all I'm doing. Maybe I should buy a photo album for his u/s shots too!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Loading the player...
  • Good Morning - 19 weeks & 1 day today and the Anatomy Scan is this afternoon! Excited to see the little one. Thursday I have a gender scan booked which is also exciting but I'll be asking them to seal up the sex and picture so it's a surprise for DH and I on Saturday. I've generally been feeling pretty good this pregnancy & hope that continues. 

QOTW: I've been mostly using my Ovia App to keep track of everything but I would like to get that transferred over into some kind of book. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Hello ladies.  I am 27 weeks (!) today, so I guess I will be posting in 3rd tri next week @byrneme.
    I think my baby girl just went through a growth spurt because all of a sudden my pj's don't cover my bump anymore.  The swelling has commenced also, my ankles hurt and my hands and lips (I know - random) have started to swell at night.  I'm pretty sure it's all normal stuff though.  I had a lot of swelling with my last pregnancy.  I plan on talking to my doc about it next week at my appt.  I have yoga today so maybe that will help.
    QOTW: Have you been documenting your pregnancy? IE - baby book, scrap book, etc.
    Yup.  I have a scrapbook and a photo album for baby pics.  I did this for DD also.  I scrapbook my pregnancy and important firsts for the baby, and I put all her photos in one dedicated album so I can see how she grows and changes over time.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • janejane-2janejane-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Hi ladies! 

This is my last week on the 2nd tri board. Can't believe time has gone this quickly. I'm currently 27+6 w/ twins. They've been kicking like crazy this weekend which has been nice. I'll start seeing the MFM team next week for weekly stress test. I'm feeling relatively good though this past week I've started to get a bit tired, definitely needed some weekday naps. I've read this is normal in the third trimester so I guess I started a week early. 

QOTW: 
    Have you been documenting your pregnancy? IE - baby book, scrap book, etc.
    -I've kept stuff in a box to eventually make a scrap book. 

@Colleen0516 - yay on getting close to the 24 week mark! I know that wonderful feeling esp when it comes to twins. As for the cold, warm/hot water, lemon and honey. As much as R&R possible. 

@latershrader - welcome to the 2nd tri board! Wish I had thought to keep a journal, great idea! 
  • Happy Monday y'all! :)<3

I'm 16 weeks now and feeling like absolute garbage :s  Been super nauseated the last 3 or 4 days which has been disappointing especially given I have more energy now to actually get out and do things. It's this weird dichotomy of wanting to get out, but feeling super sick. Oh well, thrilled to be in this position and taking it all in, the good and the sick haha. I'll do anything for this little boy!!! Otherwise feeling little man move around at times is fun and excited for it to get stronger and more consistent. We shared his chosen name with immediate family which is fun, so I don't have to worry about accidentally slipping up and saying it. We also went on another hospital maternity tour and it was soooo much better than the other one we saw so now I'm having to get a new doc. This hospital has a midwife group though which I'm super excited about. Still have an OB appointment tomorrow so will be going to that in the meantime just in case. 

QOTW: I haven't really been documenting much to be honest. I have a youtube vlog so that's sort of a digital diary/keepsake I guess... I did make him a private/secret instagram account that we're posting pics of his ultrasounds, belly shots, and things throughout pregnancy etc. We'll share it with family and really close friends once we're ready or once he's born maybe, as we'll be posting pics of him there more regularly than our personal instas to avoid "baby spam". That way I can share freely without worrying about affecting people the way I was affected while struggling. I have been keeping all the physical ultrasound pictures too of course.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• I guess I need to move over to the Third Tri check-in. I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow. It was nice knowing you ladies and I wish you nothing but the best in your pregnancies. 
  • byrnemebyrneme member
    edited March 2017
    Welcome @latershrader , please send me your due date and I will add you!

@beckij34 - congrats on the move on up, I'll get you removed next week along with @kdanjou and @JaneJane, congrats to you ladies too!!

@oxinfree - I think that's plenty of documentation, it can totally be SM! I love the private insta account idea - so cute!

AFM - I'm 21w6d with one team green baby. I just got back from my monthly appointment and all is good. I managed to gain a few pounds so that was a plus (NEVER in my LIFE have I had issues putting on weight, go figure) and the HR was up at 155. Guess little dude/ette was really enjoying my strawberry smoothie that I had for breakfast! I have my fetal echo tomorrow and am looking forward to getting a glimpse of Baby B again - hopefully this time s/he will be more cooperative and we can get some profile shots!! I'm feeling good - still tired but have random bursts of energy so I try to take advantage of them. 

Edited (forgot the QOTW)! - I have a book that was given to me by a friend that documents what is going on with your baby each day and then has some spots to write, questions, etc. I didn't get this until about 12 weeks though and I had already started on a book that @wifeinraleigh28 had recommended. I found it hard to get into the typical baby books with the IF journey. I use that one for more of a 'fun' type of tracker with u/s pics, stickers. etc. I would love to have just one but oh well!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Hey everyone!

We just had our 16 week check-up even though I am technically 15w3d at this moment :smile: Everything went well. I was so happy that they gave us a scan because I had heard that lots of people don't get to see the baby at 16 weeks. She was showing off her little legs and doing the can-can! It was so funny. We got some measurements and looks like she is in the 50th percentile, which I am very happy with!

One thing that's weird: I thought for sure we'd have our anatomy scan at our next appt, at 20 weeks. But my OB said no, actually I just meet with a nurse for a check-up at 20 weeks and then I have my anatomy scan at 24 weeks! I was confused and should have asked more questions but didnt. Has anyone heard of that? I thought for sure I'd get the big appt at 20 weeks but she doesn't do it that way? My friend sees a different doctor at the same practice and she got her anatomy scan at 20 weeks! I am so confused. 

QOTW: I actually just got an ultrasound scrapbook made on etsy! With her nickname on it. I love it and i love having a place to store my sonogram print-outs. 

***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Hi everyone!!

I am currently 17 weeks and 4 days with a boy! I go in tomorrow for a quick checkup and then I have my anatomy scan in 2 1/2 weeks :) I have been feeling pretty good the last two weeks other than a few minor round ligament pains and really enjoying being pregnant. I still have not felt the baby move so I'm am anxiously waiting for that to happen!

QOTW: I have a pregnancy journal and have been periodically taking bump pics... I need to be more consistent with both though!

@omarismyhomeboy I love that you have an ultrasound scrapbook... such a great idea!! I have my anatomy scan at 20 weeks but I'm not sure how that was determined.
  • @latershrader - yah!! Welcome to the second trimester!

I just finished my Anatomy Scan and they actually gave us the gender!! I didn't think they could but they said that the supervisor can give you a coloured sticky note - not verbal, not written -  I dont understand the difference but that's ok hehe. So it's in an envelope in my pocket right now and I need to get this thing to the bakery now lol. Saves us paying for a gender scan which is great. Scan was great and it was actually a tech from the fertility clinic who works at both so it was a nice chat and she measured my endometrioma within view so I got a look at the size and it hadn't grown. Gave me a good look at baby as well so I'm feeling really good about everything.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Ya I remember in Canada them not being willing to write it out. So weird, but looks like they found a work around so that's great. So excited for you @JWatt5
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Hello! I'm 24w2d and very excited to have passed the first viability milestone. I have a regular OB appointment on Wednesday, then I leave for my baby moon in Palm Springs on Friday. Not looking forward to the 6 hour flight, but I'm so ready for warm weather and pool time. I'm still feeling pretty great, but starting to feel really full after eating. Guess that will be the new norm as space is being taken up by the little man. Starting to feel more and more kicks/movements which is lovely. 

QOTW: I am a big maker of photo books, so I am planning on making one that follows my pregnancy. I've been filling out the bump photo spread weekly and just added in my ultrasound photos this weekend. I also want to include photos of the foods I have been eating/craving and just trying to remember to take those. 
  • @Colleen0516 @mjacks16 - yah for passing the viability milestone! that's so exciting!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @omarismyhomeboy it may be a blessing. At 20 weeks they don't always cooperate, my doctor did mine then bc I wanted to know gender, but you may get a better anatomy scan at 24 weeks because everything is fully developed.

@jwatts5 ahh!! Yay! When you doing the reveal? 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• @Colleen0516 - Saturday...I hope this week goes fast lol
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Glad to hear everything went well @JWatt5
  • @jwatt5 Ahhh so exciting! That's awesome they were able to at least give you something without breaking the rules! So silly!

@omarismyhomeboy from my understanding the a/s typically is done anytime from 19-24 weeks. I know it's tough to wait but everything will be that much more developed so it's a good thing!

@colleen0516 @mjacks16 YAY!!

I'm 21 weeks with our little gal! She is a feisty little thing that gave our ultrasound tech a run for her money last week! She kept putting her hands where we needed to see and then decided to put her legs above her head for a bit! Needless to say our anatomy scan took a little longer than normal! I've been feeling pretty good except my nausea has come back unless I am eating every 2-3 hours! I'm going to try increasing my protein to see if that helps. 

QOTW: I'm going to make a photo canvas of our ultrasound pictures to hang in the baby's room. That's all I have planned for now. 
  • That posted early! Meant to add that is awesome you were able to get the post it note letting you know the gender!! Can't​ wait to see pics from the reveal.

Congrats @Colleen0516 and @mjacks16 on passing the milestone!! 

AFM, work seriously needs to slow down. I don't have enough time to regularly bump and I feel bad only coming and posting every few days or once a week. I did finally get my boss to understand that we need to figure out a plan for how to handle everything while I'm on maternity leave. 
    I'm officially 20 weeks and 2 days, with the anatomy scan tomorrow afternoon! Can't believe how fast the time is going.

QOTW: I started out taking weekly bump pictures and that tracking symptoms, but that stopped early into the first trimester. I love all of your different ideas, but can't imagine making them actually happen. 
  • @ARB425 - a canvas sounds amazing. Such a good idea!! 
    This LO today kept its arms crossed so it took a while to get the heart. We had to take a break and go back. Took 2 hours. 'makes me wonder if it's a girl (I'm stubborn) - DH has the envelope with the post it now so I don't peek! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I am 26w 6d today with baby girl, so this will be my last post here and ill move over to 3rd tri next week.  Friday I had my surprise glucose test which I failed by 8 points :( I go for the lovely 3 hr on Wednesday.  I have also started swelling like you @kdanjou especially at night, i think its from sleeping on my arm that my hands swell.  yesterday i was to the point i took off the wedding rings for the day.  I feel my sassy girl all the time now she makes me laugh with some of the ballerina moves she does in there but she is very private, i am unable to put my hand on her or she stops :(  

anyone else with animal issues?  from the day I set up the crib my cat has been in an out of it, i was able to see her little foot prints on the sheet and then this morning caught her sleeping in it!  now the baby's room is her room where we keep her litter box and food for now so my dog doesn't get into it.  Today DH moved her into the basement, i am waiting for the backlash :/  

QOTW: my mom gave me a baby book at our sex reveal and i haven't put anything in it yet, i do want to make some sort of album with all the ultrasounds since there were so many done early on.

@omarismyhomeboy im assuming they are playing it safe, i went 3 times for my AS, first time they screwed up my EDD; way too soon, 2nd time the heart wasn't quite developed and couldn't get all the images they needed, 3rd time was when everything came together.  so maybe they are just saving you the trouble of going back again for a 2nd attempt.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm 24 weeks this week and had a really scary scan yesterday that I posted on the general thread. 
    So far everything has been perfectly normal and easy for my entire pregnancy and yesterday I find out she has an irregular heartbeat and my cervix is funnelling and shortening! Way to break the relaxed happy bubble I'd finally achieved! I have to wait till next week for a follow-up scan so it's going to be a long week! 
    Everyone wanted to know how my scan went at work today and I don't want to tell anyone or I'll cry and it's easier to just keep it separate. 

QOTW I've always been terrible at journals - I've been taking intermittent photos but haven't done anything with them yet. For so long I was scared to jinx it by recording very much at all, and now I'm back to worrying again! 
  • Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! @byrneme I'm due Sept 12. 

@Nellin So sorry to hear about the scare. Praying that all is well next week and the wait goes quickly!

@rmarble23 That is totally going to be our cats! Anything new is immediately claimed!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• *lurking from 3rd tri*

@rmarble23 That picture of your cat in the crib is just too cute for words! I know that if my dogs could jump high enough they would be in the crib too. They like to hang out in the baby's room any chance they get, but I'm sure that will change the moment the baby comes home, haha.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited March 2017
    @rmarble23 - such a cute kitty!! A friend with 3 cats said theirs did the same and was worried about when the baby was born and all turned out ok. Ollie, my Chinchilla - the baby's room was his room/my office and he got put down stairs with the bunnies when we painted - he hates it, I knew he would even though the bunnies love it down there where its cool. When Chinchillas want attention, they make this gut wrenching screeching sound, sounds like they a dying or severe pain but he's perfectly fine everytime. He does it every night we don't decide to watch tv downstairs or if he hears me come in the front door. Breaks my heart hehe. 

edit spelling
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @rmarble23 I too was worried about my cat getting in the baby's crib after she was born.  I just decided to get a good video monitor and close the nursery door when she was in there sleeping.  My cat actually ended up avoiding my DD until she was about 4 years old so it wasn't an issue. 
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Hi ladies! I had my fetal echo today and they were FINALLY able to get some better pics since Baby B was so uncooperative at our a/s. I have to say this was by far my favorite scan - she even did some 3D shots. Everything looks great which is the most important thing but I'm smiling ear to ear :) I promised to post a picture if we got them so here you go! Our baby is apparently VERY flexible! ! 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @nellin thinking and praying for good news next week for you and baby!

@rmarble23 I know I've seen covers you can put over the crib cover tents. You can put over the crib to keep animals out and keep the baby from climbing out of the crib. 
  • @byrneme yay! So happy it went well!!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Nellin That had to be scary to hear! Hopefully you're able to get reassurance next week. 

@byrneme Glad the fetal echo went well and you were able to get some good pictures!

Had my a/s yesterday. Found out that I have an anterior placenta and that we're having a baby girl.  :) She was just cooperative enough for us to get the important images, but kept hiding her face in the placenta. Even crossed her legs after we found out the sex. Lol Otherwise she was just chilling out. 
  • Congrats on the big news @persnickity ! How exciting!!!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Hi all! I'm 22w5d with my baby boy. I've been super busy with appointments and baby shower stuff. Last week's check up went well and I haven't gained any more weight, which puts me at 10lbs total. We also had our maternity orientation and received a lot of good advice for picking a pediatrician and learned a lot about the hospital, how it will all work and the resources available to us. A couple of pediatricians also spoke about group vs. individual pediatric practices and vaccination schedules. I spent the weekend finishing up the baby shower invitations, which was an all day event for 2 people. I know I'm not throwing it for myself, but I have a picture in my head of how I want it to be and I'm a bit of a control freak. I just sent out the invites 2 days ago and someone already purchased my baby einstein neighborhood friends activity jumper - should be arriving today! I have a break this week from appointments, which is nice. I'm feeling stronger and more frequent movement and I love it! He actually woke me up at 3:45 am and wouldn't let me go back to sleep so I took it as a sign to get my butt out bed and to the gym for some laps in the pool. SO was also able to finally feel movement last night, which was really exciting for us both. 

QOTW:  Scrapbooking is my jam so I can't wait to get started. I have everything to go in it ready - had to visit 4 different Michaels to find what I needed. I got a really nice 100 pg scrapbook so I can fill it with his pics from embryo through first year, including my bump pics and some journaling. 

Welcome! @latershrader

@byrneme love the pic of your little yogi

Congrats on reaching viability milestone! @Colleen0516 & @mjacks16

@persnickity Congrats on a baby girl! I also have an anterior placenta and was a little bummed but relieved to find out why I wasn't feeling any movement by 20 weeks. Now at 22 I feel him often. 
  • @MicronesianMamma that's so amazing that SO felt kicks! I literally came on to ask this question as I've started feeling movements/kicks intermittently (16 weeks currently) and Eric is getting jealous haha. He can't wait to feel baby boy for the first time.

Did SO/DH feel baby's kicks any earlier than 22 weeks for anyone else? 

@persnickity yay congrats on baby girl! :)<3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree I didn't feel anything until 20 weeks (i also have an anterior placenta) but my SO felt her at about 22 weeks. Make sure your SO is pressing their hand quite firmly. 
    At first you could only feel external kicks around the sides and top of my belly I guess around the edges of the placenta.
    My partner was a bit jealous but he thought it made up for some of the crappy symptoms I've had to deal with!
  • I had a bit of a scare today. I was in my office and suddenly felt just off, then the extreme dizziness occurred. The extreme dizziness lasted for 2-3 minutes and I felt like I was going to pass out. Thank God I was sitting and didn't have a patient in my office.! My blood pressure bottomed out and when we checked it it was 90/60 after the incident. The dr said the baby was probably laying on a vessel and to increase my fluids/eat every 2-3 hours and as long as I am not bleeding all is well. It totally freaked me out and I hope this isn't a sign of having more difficulties. 
    Now I'm just taking it easy at home. Just had to vent but I'm trying to stay positive that this was hopefully a one time occurrence. 
  • @ARB425 Sorry you had a scare but I'm glad everything is okay now! 

@persnickity Congratulations on the girl!! 

@byrneme Love the ultrasound picture and glad everything looks good!
  • @ARB425 That is scary! Glad you were sitting down. My blood pressure has been lower lately and I've been dizzy, but no where near that bad! My ob said it should level out again soon, but to keep drinking fluids.
  • @Nellin thanks for the info! I'm 20 weeks and starting to wonder if I'm feeling her move or not. I imagine I'll be able to tell soon.
  • today is becoming a rough day :/ had my 3hr glucose test, ugh I think I handled it well but i was bored sitting in the waiting room :( my Dr called shortly after i was back at work and told me I failed :( they are sending me to see a diabetes educator on Friday.  now all of a sudden i am feeling very overwhelmed, I put it out to my facebook friends last night about finding a pediatrician which I was kind of blase about before last night and then every time I get into my car there seems to be another creak or noise that I just dont have the time or want to spend the money to get it fixed.  I hope this is just pregnancy hormones making me feel this way but the GD just throws it over the edge since I didn't expect it at all since I barely failed the 1 hr.

@ARB425 thats really scary, glad its nothing for right now and it doesn't happen again

@oxinfree my DH hasn't felt anything yet at 27 weeks, my LO wont let me touch her so i haven't nailed her down long enough to even say "hey come feel this"  Im sure when they run out of room they cant run too far away without SO getting a feel 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @ARB425 I had the same thing happen to me the other day! It lasted 4-5 minutes. I didn't know what it was until I read your post. 
    Happy you're feeling better! Thanks for educating me on it! 

Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**