November 2017 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Mondays

Hey Ladies, late start for this board this week, but let's give it a shot anyways! I'm not totally planned out yet, but here's what I'm thinking for the week:

Monday - we had grilled chicken thighs, sweet potato and roasted brussels sprouts (from the garden!)

Tuesday - lentil-arugula-couscous salad

Wednesday - chili

Thursday - garlic pasta and salad

Friday - maybe saag paneer or some other Indian food/curry?

Saturday - hot and spicy crispy tofu with sautéed greens and rice
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Meal Plan Mondays

• Options
    @lahansen That sounds great! I really want chili now :) 

I was too sick to meal prep at all this week, but fortunately on Sunday my husband made a huge dish of stuffed shells, so that will tide us over for at least a couple of days. I may ask him to make a big batch of chili for the second half of the week! Yum!

• Options
    @lahansen what is this garlic pasta? It sounds amazing. We didn't do a great job meal planning this week, we have crockpot lasagna that will last us the whole week. Unfortunate since I have no appetite for it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had spaghetti squash with meat sauce yesterday

Tuesday: crock pot crock chicken (chicken breast, butter, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, and pepperoncinis)

wednesday: leftovers

Thursday: Pizza

Friday: our standing babysitter/ datenight so eating out!
  • Options
    Monday - spaghetti 
    Tuesday -leftover spaghetti
    Wednesday - chicken tacos 
    Thursday - leftovers or chicken salads
    Friday  - date night

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @adirat My husband will also be making the chili for me :) It sounds great because it's rainy, plus I know beans are really good for the baby!
    @DuchessOfCambridge Garlic pasta is one of my major comfort foods - saute a TON of garlic in plenty of butter or olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss with fresh pasta (the kind out of the refrigerator section of the store) and, preferably serve with an absurd amount of parmesan. I also like to add fresh herbs or sautéed mushrooms or tomatoes and onions.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge If you want recipes, google its Italian name -- aglio e olio. @lahansen That is also a favorite recipe in our house and so easy! Of course my Italian husband could eat pasta every day ;)

• Options
    Monday - Korean beef salad
    Tuesday - turkey meatloaf
    wednesday - cajun chicken "pasta"
    thursday - baked trout + veggies
    friday - ???? - H is out of town, so I will probably get pho :)
  • Options
    @hezzer78 What's korean beef salad? I made a batch of kimchi a couple weeks ago, so now it's ready and I'm looking for new dinner ideas to use it all up!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @lahansen @adirat thank you I'll look it up! 
    @heatherdubrow I need that crockpot chicken recipe. Is it just throwing it all in on low for 8 hours or something?

• Options
    Monday: French bread pizza 
    Tuesday: Pad Thai and Chicken
    Wednesday: Moroccan yam soup
    Thursday: Steak, broccoli and cauliflower 
    Friday: Pasta
    Saturday: Leftovers/Eat out
    Sunday: Probably will just have a late lunch and nibble for the rest of the day. 

@lahansen I am going to have to try your garlic pasta sometime! Sounds amazing. 

@adirat awesome that your husband is cooking, that would be so nice when you're feeling sick. 

@hezzer78 your Cajun chicken pasta sounds so good!

All these pasta dishes are making me hungry, maybe I should flag my current plan and do a different pasta each night  :D 
  • Options
    kaitlinlizkaitlinliz member
    edited March 2017
    Monday - avocado mac and cheese
    Tues - Mongolian beef 
    Wed - vegetarian shepherds pie with mashed sweet potatoes instead of a crust
    Thurs - turkey and veg skillet
    Fri - most likely leftovers (idr if I had a 5th meal planned)
    I'll be out of the state for the weekend, so whatever is planned those days I have no idea. I'm throwing a shower for my best friend and her FMIL is cooking 

All meals are from scratch and gluten free - I have an intolerance so I can't eat many packaged items or eat out, so I have to cook
  • Options
    @Perfectypo I need the recipe for Moroccan yam soup! We've been on a Moroccan kick and that sounds delicious!
    @kaitlinliz Avocado mac and cheese sounds great! Too bad avocados are like $2.50 each lately.... ugh. I think shepards pie will have to go on my list, maybe for Sunday.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @lahansen  I sautee onions and garlic in a pan with butter, once they are soft and translucent I just peel and chop up a bunch of yams and sometimes a few carrots (however many will feed the amount of people you have), cover them with water and add veggie stock cubes, sauteed stuff and pepper. Boil it until the yams are soft. Then I add Moroccan seasoning, lots of butter, and some cream and blitz it up with a hand blender. Add more seasoning to taste and then serve straight away or freeze (it freeze fine). So easy, but a favorite in my house!
  • Options
    @Perfectypo I look forward to trying it... sounds yum, and super simple!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    I look forward to rereading these later, no meal plan for me this week as the thought of food isn't a good one right now, hoping to make simple things that don't send me gagging.