October 2017 Moms

Anyone here age 35+?

13»

Re: Anyone here age 35+?

• Other than an amino, what tests are available for us to check for chromosomal abnormalities? Is there just the NT scan and bloodwork at 12 weeks? With my age and DH's age, I'm nervous about our odds.
  • @WRWrunnergirl i will help you!  i just can't be the only one responsible haha. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @lindsayfairlamb there are a few options that my doc went over at my 8 week check up.  there is the harmony and the MaterniT 21 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lola4411 said:
    @WRWrunnergirl i will help you!  i just can't be the only one responsible haha. 
    Ha!!  What day do you think would be best?  I can start on it this week and then put a reminder in my phone.   Maybe just remind me though if I forget!  And if you have a good list of questions or anything, send them my way.  :)
  • @lola4411 Thanks! I'll ask about both.
  • @WRWrunnergirl how about fridays? it doesnt look like they are too many weekly topics that day.  if another day works better just pick that one. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be 35 at time of delivery. I am having my genetic testing done on April 7th. I'll be 12 weeks by then. 
  • 36 here. DH is 37. We have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. We knew we'd have one more:)
  • Feeling so old... I am 40 and I felt weird just being at the ob with all these younger pregnant people... really feel like hiding until October at this point... I know that sounds horrible but I just feel so strange about being 40 and pregnant I have friends that are grandparents! I want to be excited and make cute pregnancy announcements etc but we can't even figure out how to tell anyone at this point because they will be so shocked. 
  • lola4411lola4411 member
    edited March 2017
    @nursejennie76 ugh i am sorry you feel that way!  it is so normal for women to have babies well into their 40s now a days. i am sure people won't be as shocked as you think.  i have a lot of friends who are TTC in their late 30s, early 40s.  you are NOT alone and you should be proud and excited to have this baby! :)

edit: i didn't mean to imply you aren't excited about being pregnant, just that you shouldn't feel like hiding :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lola4411 said:
    @WRWrunnergirl how about fridays? it doesnt look like they are too many weekly topics that day.  if another day works better just pick that one. 
    Friday works! :)
  • WRWrunnergirlWRWrunnergirl member
    edited March 2017

Feeling so old... I am 40 and I felt weird just being at the ob with all these younger pregnant people... really feel like hiding until October at this point... I know that sounds horrible but I just feel so strange about being 40 and pregnant I have friends that are grandparents! I want to be excited and make cute pregnancy announcements etc but we can't even figure out how to tell anyone at this point because they will be so shocked. 
    I hope when you share everyone us pleasantly surprised and super excited for you!!!
    My husband is 40 and has a  friend from high school who is a grandpa!  
  • I'm sure it will be fine thinking maybe when the shock sets in with me then it will seem easier to let everyone in on the big secret!
  • @nursejennie76  I know how you feel....I have fellow preggos at my church but they're at least ten years younger than I am. All of my friends and SILs are done, done, done while I have kept going (I'm 41). On the other hand, I feel pretty blessed to still be able to have babies and to have a husband who's still willing to keep going (he's 48).
  • @nursejennie76 Don't feel weird about it!  And if anyone makes you feel like that, the hell with them!  Lots of women are having babies at 40 these days and I think it's great! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker