September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20

• Aaaaaand now I want mashed potatoes foe lunch. Yum. I don't think I've ever seen frozen mashed potatoes before, where'd you get them. @Msashley2010?

• Loading the player...
  • @amandarene112 I usually get them from the grocery store Publix, but I've seen them at some wal marts. They are delicious! 
  • So I am just curious... I've seen a lot of people post that 14 weeks is their 2nd trimester. As far back as I can remember 13 - 28 weeks is the 2nd trimester. Am I missing something?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006
    None of my apps agree when the 2nd trimester starts. I hit 14wks on sunday and am saying i am officially officially in the 2nd tri
  • The official answer is 13+6 I think? That's why some say 13 and others say 14
  • @Msashley2010 That's great!! Especially now with another baby on the way. :grin:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes!! It's especially welcome. Any money that I can save for baby will be a blessing!! 
  • My dishwasher has broken several times in the last month or two and DH keeps finding some way to fix it. Its not working again today. I think I need to break down and buy a new one. I want to cry.

• @Ae_Lovely321 Have you thought about going to an elective ultrasound? If I had to wait that long in between, I would probably break down and pay for the elective. 

• I just found out our anatomy scan won't be until I'm 24 weeks.  We haven't seen the little one since 12 weeks.  The wait is slowly killing me inside.  
    Why 24 weeks? Usually they are done at the twenty week mark. I find it strange that they would wait a full four weeks longer. 
  • @Ae_Lovely321 Have you thought about going to an elective ultrasound? If I had to wait that long in between, I would probably break down and pay for the elective. 
    I second that! 
  • @amandarene112 @Msashley2010 Yes, but we were only thinking of doing a 3D one after we had the anatomy one. I don't know why the tech picked May. She didn't ask me any days just looked at her computer then flipped her schedule book until she hit that date.  It might just be when they're available. 
  • My mil has started suggesting baby names. :expressionless: We've haven't decided yet if we're sharing Little Mister's name with everyone until he's born yet, so we haven't told her that we've already picked a name. But she's very passionate about the names Elliott and Joel. (Both nice names, just nms.)I kinda want DH to go ahead and tell her his name, just so we'll be spared months of this. (And I know it will be months, because she did this to sil before us. Same names and everything.)

• @labby18 I know that being uprooted and forced to move across the country isn't fun, so I don't want to down play that... but "island off the coast of Seattle" sounds amazing! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Um, also our neighbor just asked me if I could doctor a document to say that she got released from the hospital yesterday instead of in February, because she missed a court date and needs an excuse. :flushed: It is a really weird day around here, you guys.  

• Um, also our neighbor just asked me if I could doctor a document to say that she got released from the hospital yesterday instead of in February, because she missed a court date and needs an excuse. :flushed: It is a really weird day around here, you guys.  
    We were just talking about stuff like that at school today! Apparently the mother of an older student has been caught doing things like that several times. Who even thinks to do that? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 it's a 3hr ferry ride to seattle lol. I'm semi petrified just bc we have always been a dual income household and i plan on going back to work after baby, and theres not much on the island other than the base. But don't get me wrong it's GORGEOUS there. We shall see what happens. 
  • labby18 said:
    @HollyGolightly09 it's a 3hr ferry ride to seattle lol. I'm semi petrified just bc we have always been a dual income household and i plan on going back to work after baby, and theres not much on the island other than the base. But don't get me wrong it's GORGEOUS there. We shall see what happens. 
    My brother had that problem when his wife was stationed in Japan. He's an attorney and they were in a smaller area on a Marine base (she's Navy, but medical staff). If they had been near Tokyo, there would have been some American firms he could work for. He ended up getting a decent job on base. Maybe that's an option? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @bridge-and-wall

When the government hiring freeze is lifted i would definitely look into a job on base, but until then...the unknown lol
  • Today I just hate people...I've decided that I'm nearly positive that my husbands family for the most part sucks.  It's really disappointing bc all of the drama is due to people being pregnant at the same time.  Which happens to be the biggest pile of crap in the world bc if you're mad someone else is pregnant when you are then you need more serious things to be concerned about (hopefully I'm not offending anyone).  It just stinks that we can't even talk about our pregnancy to his whole family bc they are selfish jerks... I guess that's a rant more than a random.  But I'm just feeling really down right now... it didn't have to be this way
  • @jillibean0871 sorry you're going through that.  I never understood why people feel like when they're pregnant no one else can be. I personally love having someone to relate to with this stuff so the more friends/family pregnant at the same time as me the better.  
  • @jillibean0871 I'm sorry you have to deal with this kind of drama, that really sucks. I don't understand people who get annoyed when others are pregnant at the same time as them. It's so diva-isa and self-centered. Like two days after I found out I was expecting, a college friend was complaining that so many of our other college friends were pregnant at the same time as her. Joke was on her, because like five more people have announced their pregnancies since then. :lol: From June to September, there are like twelve babies due in our college friend group, and I think it's awesome!

• I lovr using the PC version when im at work. Everything is easier
  • awildrose said:
    Whoa...... I just logged on to The Bump on my computer for the first time ever.... this is so fancy! 

I've never logged on to the bump on my computer. Perhaps I need to check it out!