Baby Names

Anything I'm missing?

We haven't found out yet if we are having a boy or a girl, but here are the names we've picked out:

Felicity Rowena
Vincent Carl

Our last name is one syllable and starts with an S. Is there anything I'm missing? Do they flow together well? Any weird NN that might crop up? Any bad connotations with those names?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anything I'm missing?

• I love these choices! Love love them

• Lovely choices. When I hear the name Vincent I always think of Butch Italian guys named Vinny. But that's not necessarily a bad thing and perhaps you are Italian :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • @Knottie1447173547 Haha! I was afraid at first that Vincent was too "ethnic." Most of the guys I know that have the name are black. But I think it's funny that you think of Italian. So it must not have too much of a label to it. Vincent is my dad's MN, and this is his first grandchild.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lovely names! Congrats on choosing!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Great geat choices! 
  • I love Felicity! Solid name choices.
  • Great choices! Especially love Felicity
  • Felicity is a beautiful name!
  • Both are very nice. Good job!
  • I think Felicity Rowena is too many syllables. But I do love the name Felicity. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• catem07 said:
    I think Felicity Rowena is too many syllables. But I do love the name Felicity. 
    I actually disagree. With a short last name (one syllable), I think it works. If you had a longer last name, I would suggest a shorter middle name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • catem07 said:
    I think Felicity Rowena is too many syllables. But I do love the name Felicity. 
    I actually disagree. With a short last name (one syllable), I think it works. If you had a longer last name, I would suggest a shorter middle name. 
    Thanks for mentioning this! I have always hated how short my name was. Both my maiden name and married name are one syllable, making my name 2  1  1. (Which now that I think about it is the same as Vincent Carl...sigh) DH's name is 3  2  1, and has a much better flow. Felicity Rowena would be 4  3  1, which imo also has a nice flow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmarygs I'm particularly sensitive to this issue because DH has a one syllable last name (I hyphenated, so my last name is stupid long).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Love both! When I was a little girl, I would always say I was going to name my daughter Felicity one day. She was my favorite American Girl doll. That won't happen for me, but I am so happy to see it's still being used! :)
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmarygs oh that's funny - my name is 2-1-1 and I always loved the flow and its brevity.

If he goes by Vince, does that run into the S- sound of your last name too much? E.g., "Vince Smith" is kind of like "Vince Mith." 

But I like both names, and only wonder about this "issue" since you asked. 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 That's actually a good point that I hadn't thought of. We could nickname him Vin or Vinny, so he does have other options for a NN.
    Pregnancy Ticker