July 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3.20.17

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3.20.17

• LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your commiseration @ljd2010 and @CapricaAndrea (also how odd about your mom and her coworkers but the less the merrier!) My husband got her to remove it but not before my mother (who knew that I would be pissed when I saw the status) LIKED IT thereby spreading it to all of her friends (I.e. All of our family ... many of them do not know about the pregnancy and will maybe never know because they aren't in my life). 

It is really quite odd the fascination with social media like my MIL cant just express her excitement in real life to me or her friends or any of the tons of ppl who know. It doesn't count unless it's posted online somewhere. I feel like the older generation gives us crap about it but they do it at least as bad. I don't want my pregnancy to be fodder/gossip/just another item on the scroll and I know it will be for many of the people on my "friends" list. Definitely time for a purge before I do any actual announcing.
    amen to bold section. It boggles my mind that my inlaws act like they don't care about anything with me but yet post giant birthday messages to me, and pregnancy stuff....all on Facebook....and I do NOT even have Facebook?!?!?! Yet, they don't tell me any of what they post in real life. They do it for 'likes'. I hate it. @Potterphile

eta tag! 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) hope everything  continued to look great after the accident. That is scary and annoying all at the same time.

MBF is my doctor taking 40min to come talk to me for 3min after a repeat sono to check 2 things. I was there with my twins in a stroller and knew she would only talk to me for 3min. I understand having to wait but this doctor is always late and just irritates me.
  • Loading the player...
  • My company. They have known I've been getting out of the Army now..FOR MONTHS. Next week is my last full week of work before I start clearing post. And they still don't have my replacement. Way to fuck everything up. 

I sign out on leave to drive back to WI on April 21st..how much you wanna bet they're gonna call me 5,000 times for things I can't fix?!

It makes me so HEATED!
  • @BabyBump2 That's so frustrating.  DH has had similar situations happen many times.  On a much less important note, it took freaking MONTHS for them to remove my name from the FRG treasurer account one time and I was really concerned about being liable when I didn't even live there anymore.  Hooah, right?!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) so scary!  Hope everything went well with the monitoring and you and baby are all good.
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) oh my goodness, that is so scary!! I always get nervous when someone in front of me stops quickly, and I obsessively stare at tailgaters in the rearview to make sure they notice--people are crazy! I hope the rest of your monitoring went well and that you're back home relaxing. 
  • @BabyBump2 That's so frustrating.  DH has had similar situations happen many times.  On a much less important note, it took freaking MONTHS for them to remove my name from the FRG treasurer account one time and I was really concerned about being liable when I didn't even live there anymore.  Hooah, right?!  Good luck!
    Speaking of that...our unit is so awesome, we just got awards back a couple months ago...that were from 2015!!!! Like what?! 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified)  just saw all this - hope you are feeling better and all the monitoring went well! Car accidents are scary. Hugs!
  • @Dovahkiin_99 so happy to hear everything is fine!  I'm glad your smart car held up.

A friend of mine had his totaled. He was behind a garbage truck. The truck just randomly started backing up on a narrow one way street. Because the smart car is so tiny, the truck had no idea my friend was there until it was too late.  
  • @Dovahkiin_99 So glad that your little one is doing well!
  • ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited March 2017
    @Dovahkiin_99 - glad for the good news! And glad you're still getting your car checked out. The first car I had that was rear ended didn't have any damange to the outside, but the fender underneath was bent. It was my very first car and was older so I didn't even get it fixed. I used my insurance check for a down payment on a new car. :) (funny enough - that car was also rear ended and I used that insurance check to make the final payments on the new car! Plus repairs bc that car did get damaged pretty bad.)

ETA: After my accidents, I was terrified of anyone being close to my rear at all. I would stalk my mirrors when I slowed down and came to a stop. I'm better now, but it takes awhile to get over.
  • @Dovahkiin_99 Glad everything is ok. That's so scary. Definitely go with taking a different route to work. I had to do that for months after an accident I was in and still hate being near that intersection. 

@oheliza44 There might be an issue with your epipen because of the company's price hike. There's an alternative brand now that's around $10, so they may want you to use that one instead. Sorry for the pain in the butt of dealing with insurance companies though. 
  • @Donvahkiin_99 I'm glad you and baby are safe! Hopefully you get some good rest! 
  • @maybeitsmadeline That thought did cross my mind and I'm assuming that has happened.  We are both on Android but it's the same with our phones as well.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @Donvahkiin_93 I'm so glad you and baby are ok! I hate other drivers, more so since getting pregnant. I swear every time I go out, I see someone who just wants to cause an accident. I stalk my back mirror as well. When I was like 5 this idiot lady drove right into my dad's car on the side of the highway. We could see her coming for a good mile. It was obnoxious, but ever since then, I am super cautious about who's behind me. 

A day late, but my MBF is still my SMIL. I won't go into the details again, but she just ticks me off and makes everything about herself, and it hurts and infuriates me that she's making my baby shower and my pregnancy all about her. She just never thinks about anyone else or how they might feel about it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Yes, it's Tuesday and yes, I'm going to add to the MBF.  So last night I made a post on FB about feeling blessed and how much I have enjoyed pregnancy thus far.  My sister comments that I'm just in the "happy zone" 2nd trimester phase and my cousin said, "I second this."  Is it just me or would this piss you off?!  Like really?!  Is it so hard to believe that I have actually enjoyed being pregnant?  The worst part is that I even said in the post that I probably won't feel the same at 38 weeks when I'm uncomfortable and thus miserable.  Unfortunately I am not at all surprised that she was the one to say something but of course I'm letting it upset me.  Did she really have to say anything?! Couldn't she have just let me be without being a condescending jerk?!  One of my good friends piped up and posted that a family member of her's loved it, she hated it with her first but enjoys it with her second and then told me not to let anyone ruin my pregnancy buzz.  So much love for that girl in that moment!  LOL

I'm sick of parents treating me like a clueless deer-in-head-lights.  It's getting really, really old!  *angry*face*       
  • @stokesm21 I'd be pissed. Heck, I am pissed for you. I don't know why people feel the need to constantly burst pregnant women's bubbles, but it's so old. I'm really glad you've been able to enjoy the pregnancy, and I really hope you continue to enjoy it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @stokesm21 Yeah you're not alone.  Reading that just made my eyes roll super hard.  There's always someone there that's happy to rain on your parade.  WHY???  Just do you girl.  Be happy and enjoy it.  You deserve that!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stokesm21 - that kind of ish drives me nuts. I get so tired of hearing "you'll be ready for that baby to come out. You'll be begging to be induced. Blah blah blah." I'm sure I'll get uncomfortable, but I'm educated enough to realize that baby needs to stay put until 40 weeks for a reason. I have a friend who is constantly talking badly about pregnancy and her kids and it drives me mad. Just bc you hate your life doesn't mean I will. 
  • @donvahkiin_93 glad to hear the happy update! I'm also interested to hear about your Smart Car. I think they're adorable, but my husband is convinced that a Smart Car would crumple up if it got into an accident with anything larger. Glad that's not the case!
  • @stokesm21 Some people have horrible pregnancies. Mine has been awful. I am glad you are enjoying it but some people follow the misery loves company line of thought. They shouldn't bring you down. Guaranteed they are just jealous.
  • @ladybray @ginger1228 @maybeitsmadeline @kerils
    Thanks for the love ladies!  I'm definitely more of an exception and I'm not quite sure how LO has let me get away with so much haha!  I mean, it hasn't been perfect.  I've had some annoying symptoms but they haven't really bothered me.  For the most part, I truly enjoy it.  I also don't mind getting big.  I love the pregnant belly!  My sister had a terrible pregnancy with her first.  I can't remember how her second went but I think it was less than favourable as well.  DH texted me after he saw all of it and said they were just jealous haha!  Told me to stay happy and not let them rain on my parade.  Love that dude :P I was also a bit overweight to begin with so I'm sure it's not as uncomfortable for me as it would be for say, the girl I know who finally gave birth yesterday who is super, super tiny.  I am especially enjoying it because my chances of getting this lucky twice are slim.  I will expect a bad pregnancy next time around lol!  

But seriously.  If you can't just be happy for me then keep your condescending comments to yourself.  My Mom wouldn't say anything to my sis but I know she'll be pissed at her when she sees that which gives me a little bit of a sick sense of satisfaction.  Terrible.  I know. Haha!       
  • @stokesm21 iv had random relatives and friends keep a check on me by asking questions in a negative connotation, "are your throwing up yet?," " have you gotten pigmentation yet, no that will happen in third trimester...!", " how are the sleepless nights going?" Etc etc. H just tells me not to give them any positive details about myself because they must be truly miserable to be asking questions like that, and plus also, keep your evil eye off of me!! (There's my superstition, one I truly believe in lol). 
  • @stokesm21 Sorry they said that to you, I truly hate comments like that.  None of us have any clue what we are doing, we're just trying our best and figuring it out as we go.  Don't let any fb comments make you feel bad!  I think it's great that you're having a smooth pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @stokesm21  +1 to enjoying being pregnant and having an easy pregnancy (so far).  I've had comments from friends/family along the lines of 'you're so lucky' and 'enjoy it while it lasts' but the one that hit the nerve for me was from my BFF, who had 2 pretty horrible pregnancies; 'you suck'.  I was really upset over it because you really don't have any control over how your body will react to a pregnancy (like you said, the next one could be miserable) and it was almost as if she was guilt-shaming me because of having an easy pregnancy and enjoying it.  So, let's just enjoy this happy, lovey feeling and rock our pregnancies! 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017