June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20

• @huskermom14 that sucks...I am sorry!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @MKRLTX, I initially found our pedi by asking friends for referrals. Then I checked reviews and the office websites online which often answered many of my questions such as do they take our insurance and do they visit the hospital I am delivering at.
    Things that are important to me: 
    Insurance: make sure that they are in-network. They might accept your insurance but if they're out-of-network it costs an arm and a leg. 
    Location: You'll be going there a lot the first few months. Also imagine driving a very sick child to the doctor. Depending on where you live, it can be an extra stressor you don't need! 
    Sick hours: Do they have guaranteed same-day sick appointments? If not, this is a big hassle.
    Hours: 
    Do their hours work with my work schedule? Do they make Saturday appointments?
    An on-site lactation consultan is a plus. I definitely used that service last time. 
    Good luck! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Loading the player...
  • zhi-2zhi-2 member
    I've got blood work in the morning and im so scared it's supposed to be 15 vials and I have really low blood pressure always have before I was pregnant I had 5 vials taken and I was in critical care for 2 weeks because my heart stopped. :'(
  • zhi-2zhi-2 member
    Update* in the hospital now... they couldn't even fill one vial before my heart got too slow and they had to stop... It looks like I'll be here for a while. I feel like such a failure
  • @Zhi that sounds awful, but it's not your fault. There's nothing you can do to change your ability to have blood taken. I'm sure they've seen it before and will do what is necessary to get what they need, even if it takes longer. 
  • Yall - I am so sad today.  My sister just found out she was pregnant last week, and we were SO excited!  Her and I made a cute little plan to tell just the immediate family.  Yesterday, she started bleeding.  I went to the doctor with her and they told her it didn't look good, but they would wait and do blood work to see if her HCG levels were rising, and again on Thursday.  Fast forward to this morning and she is having full blown profuse bleeding.  She is so sad, I am so sad.  We were so excited to share pregnancy together this time.  I am just heartbroken for her and my niece/nephew that is now in heaven.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC I am sorry for your sister and for you! Hopefully a little rainbow comes shortly for her.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you both!
  • That sucks @EmeraldNC!! I hope she gets her take home baby soon!
  • mkrelmkrel member
    Sorry @EmeraldNC. That is such a terrible feeling. 
  • So sorry @EmeraldNC I hope she is able to rest and recover, both physically and emotionally. that's such a tough thing to go through. 
  • Oh I'm so sorry to read that update @EmeraldNC.  
  • That really sucks @EmeraldNC, :disappointed:

Currently sitting in the waiting room for my 1h glucose test. The drink itself wasn't too bad but it's been about 30 mins and I'm feeling somewhat lightheaded which I wasn't expecting, but Google tells me is fairly common. Thank god my husband is here to drive me home afterward, I would not feel comfortable behind the wheel feeling like this. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear that @EmeraldNC. My brother and SIL did an embryo transfer back in the fall (before we had told them I was pregnant - they've had a tough go with IF) and I know how bummed I was when it didn't progress. I also had thoughts of how much fun cousins growing up together would be. Hope she's doing ok, and thinking of you too. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • So sorry @EmeraldNC.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• mrtmrt member
    @EmeraldNC that sucks. I'm sorry :/.
  • I'm sorry @EmeraldNC. That is heartbreaking. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I'm so sorry, @EmeraldNC. I hope she is able to find good support as she grieves her baby.
  • HgPaHgPa member
    edited March 2017
    @EmeraldNC I am so sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking of you and your sister today!
  • @Emerald27 I'm so sorry for your sister. 
    @zhi I hope you bounce back soon! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • I'm so sorry @EmeraldNC. Big hugs to you and your sister. I hope she gets her rainbow soon. <3

@Zhi that's so scary! Don't be too hard on yourself, it's nothing you can control! I hope you're able to get out of there soon!
  • I went to go be fitted for and pick up my support band after my antepartum class today and they were asking me if I had met my deductible yet. I said I wasn't sure but we had to be getting close and she replied, well if you haven't yet you will! So now I'm over here like how much do these support bands cost?!  :# Hopefully insurance covers most of it!
  • So had my US and it showed my placenta has moved a good amount, but not enough. I have to one more US at 34 weeks to check again. Crossing fingers but they say at this point it shouldn't be a concern. 

They also have changed their schedule since my last babes. I start going every two weeks now. I didn't think that happend yet. This makes me feel so close. 
  • @EmeraldNC I am so sorry for you and your sister. 
  • @Zhi I hope you make a quick recovery! It's not your fault at all. 

@EmeraldNC I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's loss. I'll thinking of you all. 
  • I went through dd's newborn clothes this morning. They are so tiny! Also, I have so many clothes. Why?!
  • mrtmrt member
    @ellie111227 because newborns need sooooo many outfit changes! They pee/poop/spitup through everything!
  • Thank you for the kind words.  We usually talk 24/7 and she has been radio silent today.  I am disappointed, but I just want her to be okay.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So sorry to hear that @EmeraldNC. I'm sure she's having a rough time emotionally today.  
  • @Wino0920 With DD, my placenta moved a bit, but not enough.  At the follow-up, it was deemed just far enough out of the way.  I hope you get the same news!
  • @EmeraldNC It sounds like giving her that space, at least today, is the kindest thing you can do. I hope this doesn't happen for your sake and hers, but I know that after I miscarried my first daughter, I needed to really minimize my contact with pregnant people and new moms for a while. It was just too hard, even though I still loved those people and eventually renewed my relationships with them. Definitely not a universal reaction to miscarriage, but I think it isn't that uncommon either. Being patient if she does need that space is a huge support even if it feels like it isn't. 
  • Between my husband and two dogs snoring I may snap and injure one of the three tonight.  I just want sleep!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• FSUNole31 said:
    Between my husband and two dogs snoring I may snap and injure one of the three tonight.  I just want sleep!
    Oh girl, I feel you way too much on that one. Good luck 
  • @Emerald27 I was just like @ellie111227 I pushed people away really bad with my first two miscarriages. Basically anyone who was pregnant or who was trying for a baby I think I was afraid that someone would become pregnant. Its crazy looking back, but at the time it was just the way I handled the stress and sadness.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @EmeraldNC It sounds like giving her that space, at least today, is the kindest thing you can do. I hope this doesn't happen for your sake and hers, but I know that after I miscarried my first daughter, I needed to really minimize my contact with pregnant people and new moms for a while. It was just too hard, even though I still loved those people and eventually renewed my relationships with them. Definitely not a universal reaction to miscarriage, but I think it isn't that uncommon either. Being patient if she does need that space is a huge support even if it feels like it isn't. 
     I thought about this too... I don't want her to be in more pain by me being around being pregnant.  She eventually did talk a little last night, we kind of just changed the subject and talked about other stuff.  She is working today, which I think is a good thing for her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My sil was about halfway through her pregnancy when I lost my second. We were out celebrating when it happened. It was so hard being around her after that. I just about killed me, but I made my nephew a quilt and went to her shower, because I love them. That was really, really hard though.