September 2017 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change - 3/20

This thread is for updating everyone on the day you change to a new week. For example, If your ticker changes on Tuesday, you can answer the bold questions on Tuesday. (If you forget, just post of whatever day you remember.) Everyone will feel free to comment and make conversation with those not in your daily ticker change!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby (babies)? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY: Who is your favorite actor/actress and why?

Bonus GTKY: It's the first day of spring! What's your favorite thing about spring?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Ticker Change - 3/20

• mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 15 weeks yesterday

How big is baby (babies)? a box of 8-count crayons

Upcoming appointments this week? nope, just waiting for the results from my one-hour glucose test last week, and my cell free DNA test the week before that.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Atomic heartburn, and lots and lots of abdominal, back, and pelvic aches and pains. Everything is stretching down there a lot.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I have to rave on my DH a bit. He not only went maternity clothed shopping with me this weekend, but he sat while I tried on about 17 pairs of jeans, and was sweet about the whole thing and how unsure I felt about how clothes look on my changing body, even though I know he had to be bored. 

I don't know if he's my most favorite, I'd never really though about it, but I do love a good Tom Hanks movie. A League of Their Own, Apollo 13, Forrest Gump...he's amazing in most of my favorite movies from the 90's. 

Bonus GTKY: It's the first day of spring! What's your favorite thing about spring? 
    Living in SoCal, we're actually about to embark on a few of our colder, foggier months. But when I loved somewhere with seasons, I loved the warming weather, getting my garden in order, and wildflowers appearing in the side of the road.

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks! Hello second trimester ❤

How big is baby (babies)? A tomato 

Upcoming appointments this week? I had one yesterday. 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings?  My teeth finally stopped hurting! Praise the good Lord! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'll rant/rave today.  With my insurance I have to go have my blood drawn somewhere else instead of the drs office. And I had to have a glucose test done early because of my first baby. Well the place I went to have it done lost all of my results and tests. So i have to redo everything. And not only that but my dr (who is amazing!) went to great trouble trying to get these results. I mean he really went above and beyond and on his time off too! He is a awesome dr and I wish everyone could have someone who cares so much about their patients. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite actor/actress and why? My favorite is Kathy bates! I adore her! 

Bonus GTKY: It's the first day of spring! What's your favorite thing about spring? This can be my FFFC I don't like spring.. my allergies go bonker and my black car turns yellow 
  • @thinkpositive2017  I'm also a FTM, but our hospital tour is bundled into the childbirth classes offered by our hospital.  Based on when we chose to do our classes, our tour will be around 32 weeks.

How far along are you? 
    16 weeks (Sunday)! 

How big is baby (babies)? Avocado or action figure

Upcoming appointments this week? This morning, but another 4 weeks until my next ultrasound.   :s

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Slowly starting to eat like a normal person again, but still no cravings or real aversion.  Nausea has subsided for the most part but the gagging still bad as ever.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  It's beautiful out today.  It's supposed to get cold again tomorrow so I'll take the warmth while I can!  

Another vote for Robin Williams.  He's just amazing.

Warm weather and more walks outside with the furkid.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Cats*in*spaceCats*in*space member
    edited March 2017
    *omg I want to murder this app.  3rd time it's eaten my post.*
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Cats*in*spaceCats*in*space member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 14 weeks!

How big is baby (babies)? A peach 

Upcoming appointments this week? sonogram at 16 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Sleeping terrible & headaches are pretty bad.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  does the bloat ever go away???

not a good question for me.  I'm not really into actors.

seeing the lupine and other wildflowers blooming.
    *TW* 

• How far along are you? 16+0!

How big is baby (babies)? This is creepy.. a Philippine Tarsier

Upcoming appointments this week? This Friday! Just a doppler and checkup I think, and scheduling A/S and fetal echo 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Most have gone away, just struggling with weight gain and feeling fat, bloated, gassy

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I am OBSESSED with listening to baby girl's HB. She moves around and kicks it and I love it even though I can't feel it yet!

DH seems like he's having a hard time being excited for a girl.. he really wanted a boy. This is a weird place for us because he was so into shopping and looking before and now he's all blah about it and doesn't want to look at girl crib sheets.

I'm similar to @cats*in*space in that I don't really have a favorite.. but I'll say Robin Williams and Emma Watson!

I love the bluebonnets blooming, the sound of leaves rusting when the wind blows, and the smell after it rains!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • How far along are you? 
    14+1

A peach

Not until 17 weeks 

Salad! Please give me all the salad in the world! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    We have dish network and they are on a blackout with ABC going on 3 weeks now. I have missed 2 episodes of grey's anatomy and the premier of DWTS! They need to get this junk figured out soon!!!

I love Sandra Bullock. She used to own a beach house down the street from us and she's super nice in real life and I like a lot of not most of her movies.

Spring basically means summer here, so for us that means beach days!!!
  • How far along are you? 14w

How big is baby (babies)? Peach

Upcoming appointments this week? No but supposed to get blood test results back. Obsessively watching portal in case it posts before they call.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Feeling more normal and less nauseous, still super tired. Not nearly as big as I was at this point last time which kind of worries me (I'm still fitting into normal clothes, but my stomach looks fat), but I was also eating everything all the time last time and I'm just not that hungry or into food this time around.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rant - DH had foot surgery last week and he won't be able to walk at all for 3 months. Sooo I get to take care of him and a toddler completely by myself. We are eating absolutely horribly because by the time I get DD to bed, I'm just too tired to cook anything so I make some frozen crap usually.

Johnny Depp I guess. He has a decent range, and I dig the quirkiness (and good looks).

Oh I love walking outside and not being cold in the morning. I actually got to wear sandals yesterday. I was so happy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Rena579 this is the newest ticker change for this week
  • How far along are you? 13wks 5 days

How big is baby? A lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, next week

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? No 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm tires of water,  I stay thirsty, and this awful taste in my mouth  is a nuisance 

GTKY: What is your favorite social media app? It's hard to choose...instagram and youtube
  • yasandsonyasandson member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 
    I am 13 week(since monday, but couldnt get to a computer, and my mobile app makes half of my posts disappear so I just gave up, i stalk without posting lol !)
    baby is the size of a lemon
    noooooo:(
    nop, just the good old bloating !!!
    Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    why can't my belly just pop already ?!?! lol, at least id feel fat for a good reason !
    I could name a few, but the first that comes to mind is Denzel. I love his acting game, the movies he choses to make/not make.
    1. it means summers comiiiiiing :smile: and ive had enough of our minus 30 degrees C. ! I wanna go for long walk with hubby again !
  • How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby (babies)? 8 pack of crayons

Upcoming appointments this week? had one on Tuesday and got to hear the heartbeat ❤

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? not really. Very specific aversion to the turkey burgers we buy fairly often which is weird

Rants/Raves/Questions?   not really. Wondering when we should transition DS to his big boy bed (a double). Right now he's in his crib which has been modified to a toddler bed. I want to do it soon but don't want to jump the gun

Leondardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon! I love The Departed

Longer days and getting outside! It's been so cold here that we never want to go out. There's also never enough snow to actually take DS out to play in it so it just sucks. I also like getting together with family for Easter dinner.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MyNamesTaken The Departed is one of my all time favorite movies! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MyNamesTaken do you mean just taking the toddler rail off?  I've seen those convertible cribs that will eventually turn into a full size bed, but wasn't sure if you go from teeny bed to full size without something in between..... :confused:
    *TW* 

• @Cats*in*space Right now we've just taken the one side off so it's still the same size as a crib but he can get in and out. He's going to get the double bed we have in the guest room since we have nowhere else to put it and don't want to get rid of it. The crib does convert to a full size bed but we're just going to reuse it for this baby. I think he'll do okay in the big bed but we'll likely need a different guardrail since he travels while he sleeps :lol: I thought about a twin bed but I don't know if we need it? 
  • @MyNamesTaken I have the worst luck. When I lived in Boston I was told that they filmed part of The Departed on the block where my office was about a year before I started there. Apparently, my co-workers met most of the actors. A year or so after I left, they filmed a Tom Cruise movie next to the office. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @bridge-and-wall Oh that sucks! There are so many good actors in that movie! I love Mark Wahlberg in it too. So vulgar. Lol
  • How far along are you? 
    15 weeks and one day. 
    A pack of crayons, an eclair, a yellow canary, a can of spam, the card board roll on a roll of duct tape, an avacado or a can of soda. ...I only have two apps but they all have a bunch of options.
    I had a blood draw yesterday for another Panorama set... My doctor forgot to request all the tests the first blood draw and the second came back as inconclusive so hopefully third time the charm to test for the microdeletions.
    I can feel him move!! I'm a FTM but I'm at least 95% sure. It's super light and feels like a finger being run across my inside. It's only where he should be and usually when I'm sitting out squished. And it doesn't feel like anything else.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    I still feel like I'm crazy that I think I'm feeling him this early. It is week 16 but I'm heavy and a FTM so I did not expect it. It took a few days for me to decide I really was feeling him. My mom friends have all said that what I'm describing is definitely baby. Has anyone else felt the baby move yet or with a previous pregnancy? 

I really tend to like Jason Statham movies because explosions are fun. Even when the movie isn't technically that good I always enjoy them. Also Chris Pratt. I'm super excited for Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

I really love dandelions. I know, I'm weird. But I think they're super pretty and I get excited when they finally all appear everywhere.
  • @HollyGolightly09 yay you get to find out what you're having soon! Exciting! I asked DH if we could get an elective us to find out the gender before our anatmony scan and he told me just be patient :disappointed:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 15 weeks!

How big is baby (babies)? Size of an orange

Upcoming appointments this week? not until next Thursday for a check up. No US =/

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Craving this amazing sandwich from my local deli and I think I might cave and eat one today :#

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I went shopping for bathing suits yesterday since we're going to Palm Springs soon and I hate that I just look weirdly fat and I don't have a cute baby bump yet. Come on belly keep getting bigger!

I'm really into Nicole Kidman right now. I have a crush on her after watching Big Little Lies and the Rabbit Hole recently.

All of the pretty flowers that start blossoming around my neighborhood. Makes me want to walk to work more. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to walk to work. I try to walk at least 3 times a week when the weather is nice.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 14 weeks today

Size of a peach

My next appointment isn't until 4/6
    Other than feeling an occasional flutter, no new symptoms. I am so relieved that the stomach ick I had two weeks ago has passed. 

I had a positive evaluation at work today, and I shared with my administrators that I will be going on maternity leave in September. I had been stressed about telling them, but they were very supportive. 

I love movies, but one actor or actress is not coming to mind. I also haven't been able to watch a whole movie without falling asleep for months, so that could be part of it.

My favorite things about spring are the wildflowers that are blooming in our area. 

• @wineren Sounds like you felt baby! There's a baby movement thread, and many other threads where others have discussed feeling baby flutters early.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • How far along are you? 

13 weeks with twins but look about 17-18 weeks. 

Lemons

none until late April. 

RLP is fun. Getting it a lot earlier with these ones. Complete exhaustion. Like, ready to go to bed when I put DD to bed at 7:30 every night. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

Finally broke down and bought a pregnancy pillow. Can't wait to get it on Saturday. Hopefully it's a game changer!

I don't really know. I really like Simon Pegg. He's a fun, quirky dude. 

Warm weather. Being able to walk around/play outside with DD. Hopefully my allergies won't be terrible this spring!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ColoradoHiker I'm loving Big Little Lies so much. I'm sad it's just a mini series. I know it's based off of a book which is why it's only a mini series... but it's so good.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SummerGirl21SummerGirl21 member
    edited March 2017

How far along are you? 13 weeks!  Officially out of 1st tri!  Woo-hoo!

How big is baby (babies)? Peach

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope.  Had NT scan, 12 week appt, and all my labs done last Friday.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? I've had another bad headache and nausea again today.  Gah.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  It was so fun to see baby at the NT appt.  S/he is already moving around so much!  I can't wait for the 20 week US!

I like JGL because...well, because he's a good actor and he's also hot.  Ditto Matt Damon.  I

Warmer weather!  I like the cold of winter for December.  Then I'm over it.
    ETA: Baseball season!  I'm sooooooo excited Opening Day is 11 days away!  I'm trying to convince DH that we should go to Opening Night.  :-D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby (babies)? pomegranate!

Upcoming appointments this week? next appointment on 3/30 for anatomy scan u/s and OB appt

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? I'm continuing to struggle with insomnia. It was particularly bad last night and I am sooo tired.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Very excited that we finally got the results back from my husband's cystic fibrosis carrier test this week and he is negative!

I'm not sure I have any true favorites, but I tend to like Julia Roberts.

Lilacs!