April 2017 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying 3/16

What's got us feeling like

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 3/16

• Loading the player...
  • @KirstinH88 I am so sorry that that memory was brought back for you and that your birthday is now also shared with that memory. I hope you are able to celebrate and enjoy your day on Saturday. Your precious rainbow baby will be here before you know it! Definitely not an overreaction. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KirstinH88 I'm so sorry. It makes sense that it would bring such a strong reaction - a meal like that touches on all your senses and can be such a trigger for memories. Hugs dear. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @KirstinH88 Hugs - I don't think it's an overreaction at all.  I think it's perfectly normal and healthy to grieve what could've been while celebrating what lies ahead. I hope you get to celebrate your birthday in a way that is meaningful to you. <3
  • @HGRich Now I'm tearing up at my desk! That is so thoughtful of her.
  • @pancake227 I hope your son is ok!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @Pancake227 I'm sorry about your son!

I don't have a long term sub lined up either....It's incredibly stressful but I keep telling myself it's not really my job. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @KirstinH88 & @cafedisco - thank you.  He's kind of a rock.  We have maternity pictures on Sunday.  sigh

@cafedisco - I have been trying to tell myself that too but it is no longer working.  They can't even pull it together while I'm there.  Both of the paraprofessionals that work in the classroom are out on medical leave.  They both extended their leave today for another week.  So they come back April 3rd.   I'm due April 10th.  I had hoped they would be back earlier so I can have people there that know the kids and the routine.  Now it's all up in the air.  All of my students with IEPs are turning five and need re-evals done by their districts.  Then there's graduation.  It's just too much and I want to deal with as much as possible before I leave not during my leave.  Ugh too much
  • @KirstinH88 - I'm sorry about your loss and the feelings your having now.  Sending hugs!

• I'm sorry to hear that your birthday is such a sad reminder of your loss @KirstinH88 I hope you have a wonderful meal that can contribute to your healing! 
  • I'm ready to cry because I can't even have the glass of Jameson on St Patty's to take the edge off after the week from hell. 
  • @KirstinH88 oh no. :( I'm so sorry. 
  • Adding another...I cried like 10 separate times in a matter of 30 minutes tonight. 

Little man has been struggling with pretty bad gas. I've talked to his pediatrician about it twice and both times she said that babies digestive systems are immature and just need some time. The first time I asked if I should get Gripe Water or Mylicon and she said there was no need. From that appointment to the next one 4 days later, it seemed to get  worse so I asked again. She said no and I said well is he in pain because he seems to be.  She said that there is probably some cramping but it will go away. (She's not big on medicine/antibiotics unless really necessary - which I liked when I consulted with her prior to having him). 3 more days have passed and I HATE seeing him so uncomfortable so we got Gripe Water today after reading so many reviews and hearing how many moms swear by it.  I gave it to him once he got fussy tonight and he immediately turned red, scowled his face, had bubbles coming out of his mouth (like he swallowed children's bubbles!), and couldn't breathe.  He finally screamed and this cycle kept repeating.  Then he vomited everywhere and every time he opened his mouth a bubble would form blocking his whole mouth, he'd turn red, stop breathing, etc.  I'm hysterically crying and DH is holding him leaning forward and smacking his back.  I was seriously ready to call 911.  This was all in like 3 minutes.  Once all those reactions were gone he just kept crying.  And of course this is the first time he had actual tears coming out which just made me cry even more.  I gave him a bottle and he calmed right down, but then he choked and vomited again so cue me crying again. I was GOING to go to bed, but now I'm terrified to not be watching him so who knows if I'll go to sleep.  So little man has been sleeping peacefully, no grunting, squirming, screaming, crying since he had the Gripe Water, but I will NOT be giving it to him again.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Nolegirl1185 I'm sorry you are dealing with tummy troubles. It's SO HARD to listen to them cry and not know how to help! I'm not exactly sure why your little guy reacted so poorly to the gripe water - what a giant bonus stressor. I've used it here and there for my crew & while it only seemed to help one of them for sure, it certainly didn't hurt the others. Is his umbilical cord still attached? If not warm baths are good, and doing the bicycle peddling exercises with his legs. Maybe try those Windi straw things we talked about on FB?   Anyways, feel free to ignore everything I suggested, but please know I'm thinking of you. Hang in there – you're doing a great job! 
  • @Dannylion24 Thank you! I'm better this morning, he does not seem to have had any issues since the giving it to him. His umbilical cord is not attached anymore, but he has a small scab still. I've done the bicycle legs a couple times and I'm going to google monster infant massage today haha.  Yes to the Windi things, I forgot about those. I'll have to pick some up.  I appreciate all advice and suggestions so no worries about that!
  • @Nolegirl1185 The sleep paranoia is real! I would listen to my daughter breath at night I used to get so worried. There is a product called Colic Calm that looks scary, its black, but, all natural and worked wonders for us when we thought she was have tummy trouble. Some of the other OTC meds have sugar/flavoring in them to make it more appealing to infants. Personally, I think that makes things worse for some nb. To this day, my kid has the worst poops after eating fruit cups that have extra syrup in them. 

• @jennielynn+  Thanks!  I will have to look into Colic Calm.  Right now I'm a bit scared to try anything else.  I think I want to wait until he's closer to 7 weeks old.  He is 2 weeks old which is the requirement for the Gripe Water, but perhaps being preemie has something to do with it?  So 7 weeks would put him at 2 weeks past his EDD. IDK if it's the case, but I'm going with it!
  • @Ekzerr aww. :( I'm so sorry. 
  • @Ekzerr Sorry to hear about your kitty :(
  • @Ekzerr I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Ekzerr so sorry about your kitty :( we lost our family dog last month so I can relate. Take it easy today and relax if you can