August 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-in, Week of March 20

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

I think we can kind of skip the intros by now, but do so I feel you'd like!

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: Have you chosen a name, or potential names, yet for this little one?
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Check-in, Week of March 20

• This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you? 
    Approaching 21 weeks. 
    How are you doing? 
    I'm good. Yesterday was rough, because I worked 24 hours straight on a Friday and it caught up to me. But I felt much better today. 
    A week from tomorrow. 
    The weather is amazing! We took a family walk tonight and let our kids walk our dogs (control the leashes) for the first time. Everyone loved it!
    Owen Michael. Both are family names, Owen from DH's grandfather and Michael from my disabled brother.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you? 
    19+1

How are you doing? 
    Other than my back killing me today and still living that insomnia life style I'm chugging along!

AS Thursday! I am flying DH home for the weekend so he can be there. He hasn't seen her since she was a tiny blob.

So some college students I guess have to earn volunteer hours or whatever and they came to my school today to "help" and were cleaning up which is all fine and dandy. Except they hung out in huge groups in the hallway talking semi loudly about their personal lives and our school was once a grocery store so it's been divided up into classrooms a few times aka the walls are very thin. They were scrubbing walls outside of my room with cleaner that made me want to die and they were again talking and doing whatever insane scrubbing causing the whole wall to shake while I had already distractable 5th graders trying to read. (Ps. All the girls were smitten with the college boys. Ugh). I yanked open my door and say hey! I have kids trying to read in here can you be more careful?! They quickly went somewhere else to clean lol Sorry not sorry. 

Sweet girl will be Eleanor "Ellie" Lorraine. Lorraine is her late grandmother and I have a soft spot for old lady names lol <3
  • Loading the player...

How far along are you? 
    17+5. I told someone I was almost 19 wks this weekend so I'm already losing track unless I check on here !
    How are you doing? 
    Last week for a couple days I didn't feel any movements at all so I had a mini freak out and felt a little bit better after using the Doppler. I just can't wait til the AS
    AS but the weeks have been going by so slow!
    It was picture day at DDs daycare today except I wasn't sure if it was because I'm unorganized like that.  So I had to message the daycare and ask them if it was fifteen minutes before I dropped her off. Just like last week when at 9pm on Thursday I realized she was supposed to wear a green shirt on Friday and we had no clean ones. She totally went in an unwashed shirt. Oh well :)
    We haven't debated about names much yet but I really like Lucas/Luke
  • LefinLefin member
    How far along are you? 
    19 weeks
    How are you doing? 
    Great!  The anatomy scan was this morning.  Everything looks great, and the baby is a girl!!!
    Next appointment is Wednesday.  General check with the midwife.
    Today's appointment was so cool!  And from the scan pics, it looks like she has my nose.
    We do have an idea for a name, but we're staying silent for now ;)
  • cmmiller531cmmiller531 member
    edited March 2017
    @szwill86 I was just thinking of her yesterday! I hope she's okay. Keep breathing through this week! <3

@mokay19 I don't get the flutter feeling either haha but last night I was sort of poking and prodding at my belly trying to see if I could get her stirring and after a few minutes there was a definite retaliation punch! 
  • How far along are you?  20 weeks!  Half Baked! 

How are you doing? Good, little boy is wiggling around a ton and its great to know hes all good in there.  AS went really well! 

When is your next appointment?  I went to my AS on friday and everything looks good. I have an OB appointment this thursday. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  Feeling good! Really excited about being half way, and knowing the sex. 

GTKY: Have you chosen a name, or potential names, yet for this little one? We just started talking about it, but I dont plan on telling anyone until after he is born. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • How far along are you? 
    17+2

How are you doing? 
    Pretty good.  I have energy and am able to exercise again.  I still have moments where I'm nervous about things in general, but I'm really trying to enjoy the pregnancy.

I have a regular checkup on Friday.

I hate the scale.  I'm exercising, trying to be pretty good with eating and no matter what I seem to do, I pack on the pounds.  I'm definitely the healthiest and most active I've been with this pregnancy, but it looks like I'm heading down the same 45 lb. weight gain path as my other ones.  I know I need to just accept that my body will gain what it wants, but it's frustrating to see the scale climb so quickly.

DH generally doesn't like to discuss names until the last month or so, but he shocked me and engaged in a conversation about it recently.  I have a girl name I love, but thought he'd hate and he didn't reject it.  I'm pretty sure he just assumes we'll have another boy.  We found a boy name we both like, but I'm not sure I love it.  We still need a middle name and will probably try to come up with other names towards the end.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks

How are you doing? I'm getting over a terrible flu that went through my house this weekend. so much vomit. I have no appetite. 

When is your next appointment? April 3

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: This weekend we are going to my inlaws to tell them we are pregnant. They won't be happy for us- it's going to be a long day.

We are struggling. We just don't agree on anything. With our DS he got the only name we both liked. We are so doomed.
  • How far along are you? 
    18 w 6d
    How are you doing? 
    Good! 
    Not till April 14th! it's also the AS. I am super jealous most of you have had yours. 

This baby is not much of a mover. Which sends PGAL brain into overdrive. And my aversion to coffee is back, but with a toddler, caffeine is a must. I have been sipping Arnold Palmers when needed. 

Nope. We have a list left from last time. Our first didn't get a first name till he was over 12 hours old. And the middle name came almost a day later. It may be the same this time. 
  • I hit post too soon....

@MetsGirl18 I always think if you are eating healthy and exercising, you are fine. I worked out every day and taught aerobics until nine months with my first, and still gained over 40 lbs. However, after birth I could fit in my prepregnancy jeans two weeks later. I think that says a lot about where the weight was really going. (I also had a 10 lb baby) The scale is only one number! Your heart rate, blood pressure, etc. are all just as important. 

@cmmiller531 I can imagine.. Fifth graders hormones kick in right about now. I have the joy of teaching them "Human Growth" at the end of this year. 

• Hey ladies!! Sorry been absent a couple of weeks. Having some drama with my mama, she's in a nursing home and we now have visiting hospice and we are trying to determine next steps. Fun stuff. Plus the board got all drama llama for a minute and I have enough drama IRL so I took a break;) 

so happy to see all of you doing so well! I remembered this was your milestone week @szwill86 so I had to get on and check on you and congratulate you on your blessed rainbow baby! Yay!! You made it!! 
  • @dmbfan46835 we missed you! Sorry to hear about your Mom; those are always stressful situations to be in. Glad you took a step back from non-real life drama to focus on your family.  <3 
  • AS yesterday was excellent! The tech said the baby was very cooperative so I'm hoping she stays that way lol The doctor however was the same one who did an extremely painful CVS test last year for me and I have definitely judged her for stabbing me repeatedly for it and don't like her haha but she pressed SO hard to get the images of the baby and made me flip onto my side and press hard into my hips. So I continue to dislike her and associate her with pain lol
  • Let's celebrate for @szwill86

BTW, I learned how to GIF just for you! 
  • DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @Kudlica27 @britvahok thanks, ladies! I needed some happiness before my 2 hr long mtg I'm about to go into!!