November 2016 Moms

Weekly randoms & vents 3/20

added vents since I feel like that is all I do here :)

Re: Weekly randoms & vents 3/20

• Just dropped DS off at daycare for the first time and admittedly cried when we got home. This is his trial week before work and I just want to go get him now. So I guess this trial is necessary for me too so I'm not a wreck next week.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • awwwww @SandNStarsNJ hope the day gets better for you and you feel good knowing he's being cared for and making new friends (yes I like to pretend our babies make friends at daycare at this age haha)
  • Loading the player...
  • @SandNStarsNJ - you didn't cry until you got home? That's actually impressive. I couldn't stop crying at the daycare when I dropped her off the first time. I was a royal mess (and I'm the type of person that doesn't cry in front of other people so it was a big deal). I hope it gets easier for you as the week goes on. I found that by week 2, I didn't feel like crying every time I dropped her of and now (10th week back!) it feels just the tiniest bit like freedom, though I still miss her like crazy.

@kvruns - I really think E is making friends even though she's so little! I'm told she hangs out on a boppy and chats and since most of the other babies are more mobile they will come over and interact with her. 
  • So LO hasn't stopped nursing since coming home from daycare. 

And my 2 yo tells me she has a boyfriend... it's time to tell her about cooties. 
  • @sandnstarsnj that's so cute about your two year old:)
    my three year old started telling this boy at her preschool that she loves him, and apparently they "got married " one day during play time ha ha. These kids are so freaking adorable sometimes ;)
  • My 4 year old "plays family" with her two buddies every time they are together! The two girls pretty much make the boy go get them things...which is NOT what we really do in our family! Ha

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A real bra @mrsbigtime?! He better appreciate that! Have fun!

DH just told me that he figured LO must have slept through the night because he didn't wake up to crying last night. Oh, you poor poor naive man. 
  • Ugh i keep meaning to buy clip-down real bras for work! Today I wore a nursing tank top under a drapey sweater. :D 
  • Work pumping has been going well but then yesterday I got in back to back meetings and one ran over and my conference room got swiped so I went home and pumped (it was end of the day). Then today I'm working from home and needed to pump but got called for a last min client call so I had 10 min to pump but I don't pump well if I feel rushed or anxious so I got basically nothing. Hopefully this is just a bad couple of days 
  • @kvruns, I feel you. I don't mind pumping but I have to pump in a conference room that gets used as the pass through between my office and my boss's friends company. Of course, the other company is all male and act put out when I'm pumping. My deepest apologies that you need to walk an extra 10 steps to use the door.
    The kicker came yesterday when the guy I like the least walked in while I was finishing up. He looked at me and goes "Just starting or ending?" I was totally confused and said "Ending," so he WALKS in and just breezed past me. My coworker, who sits right outside the conference room, was horrified.
  • @MrsBigTime enjoy the bra and heels! And the date.. but mostly the bra and heels. 
  • Ugh i keep meaning to buy clip-down real bras for work! Today I wore a nursing tank top under a drapey sweater. :D 
    I have two very nice nursing bras that my mom got me, and I still wear my nursing tanks to work more often (with pads in them to give me a little shape). They are just so much more comfortable and easier to deal with when pumping. 
  • @kvruns - I've had days like that, too. I have such a pathetic supply already that I get really worried about it dropping more when I don't pump enough. So far I've been able to boost it back up within a few days (to my meager 2-3 oz a session), but it stresses me out.

@RhodaMorgenstern that is horrifying! Were your boobs out still? I would be so pissed, but probably too much in shock to say anything. Is there no lock on the doors? If not, I would totally prop chairs under the door handles from now on (if you can).
  • I hate how everyone (ok, not everyone, but some people including H) seems to think I need to be ready to go out without LO. People keep saying I should want to. I just don't, the thought of leaving him outside of my normal work hours stresses me out and it doesn't feel worth it. The in law's are coming this weekend and I know they will probably offer for us to go out and I just don't really want to leave LO. But I feel guilty because I feel like I should want some alone time with H. And I feel guilty for not really wanting to leave LO with H's parents. 
  • @desoky01 I don't think you should feel guilty at all. I was and am the same way. The only time I've ever spent the night away from DS is when I was in the hospital having DD. H and I do go out for dates (2ish hours) every once in awhile while my mom watches the kids, but she lives right across the street from us, is at my house almost every day, and I can trust that my kids will be comfortable and taken care of in a way similar to how I would care for them. I would not be comfortable leaving them with my in-laws or anyone else. My SIL and H's family act like I'm crazy because she takes her kids (ages 1, 3, 5) to stay with my MIL who lives out of state for weeks at a time several times a year and they always try to talk me into letting DS go stay with them too. Sorry, not happening. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you're not comfortable leaving your LO, don't, and don't feel guilty.
  • I agree with @mrsmoose5. My parents ask to have our 3 girls sleep over at least one night most weekends and while I welcome the break, my husband keeps asking when I think they will take Nicholas too. Even if they offered I'd say no.
  • I have a few bags of breast milk from the first week after I had my LO. It is yellow and mostly colostrum. Can I still use that? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • When will my hair stop falling out?? It started a few weeks ago and it just seems like sooooo much! Granted, I have long hair, so it looks like more than it probably is. It's just getting old having handfuls fall out every time I wash it or brush it.  :'(
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Megz1902 said:
    When will my hair stop falling out?? It started a few weeks ago and it just seems like sooooo much! Granted, I have long hair, so it looks like more than it probably is. It's just getting old having handfuls fall out every time I wash it or brush it.  :'(
    Same here!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• kristah2kristah2 member
    edited March 2017
    I've been avoiding washing mine because it's actually gross. I brush it so much before I get in (to the point I have to clean out my brush) and it still comes out by the handful and covers my shower wall. 
    Thabks hormones. 
    Taking a prenatal is supposed to help. 

ETA: i have really long hair and so much of it and I'm actually "balding" in some spots. Here's hoping it slows down soon. 
  • @anne11716 yes absolutely use it!
  • kristah2 said:
    SNIP

Taking a prenatal is supposed to help. 
    I still take my prenatal every morning and have started losing tons of hair after LO turned 3 mo. 
  • @desoky01 - You are not alone, lady! I've been away from ODD twice- once for BFF wedding and the other for the birth of DS. it took me 2 years to leave her and I'm not apt to do it again soon. The same holds true for this LO. 

It took DH some time to understand that but he gets it now and sometimes reasons me into a no kid outing. My ILs still don't get it but are less annoying about it. My MIL once told me I needed to try and be a better wife and take my husband out once in a while. Since then I've never welcomed her babysitting. 

And on the ILs they move several states away today!!
  • a baby who is snotty and has been sleeping all night is a face only a mother can love.  he was COVERED in dried snot and boogies this morning...like his entire face looked like it was super dry skin but really it was dried snot. So gross.  Took forever to get him cleaned up.

We're off to the Dr bc daycare suspected pink eye. I still doubt it although his eye did have more discharge yesterday but I really don't think it is pink eye. Unfortunately once they suspect it I had to go get him and now go to the Dr. Thank goodness for a flexible job and good insurance. 
  • @kvruns Awww, I hope he feels better soon 
  • @SandNStarsNJ I'm in the same boat. I keep telling myself it would be worse if I wasn't taking them. I think it does make the hair start growing back a bit faster though. Great in theory. Not great for my hairs that are an inch long that stick straight out. 
  • The baby hairs are a PIA @kristah2! I had just started getting back to normal before I got pregnant again. I'm actually getting a haircut this afternoon and hoping she can bring some semblance to this mess. 

@kvruns This happened to us with ODD when she was little and DH was PO because he had to pick her up and run to the dr for what was literally eye boogers. To this day she still gets green and yellow stuff in her eyes when she has a snotty head cold. The dr says it's because her sinuses are so close together. If this is the case for you, get it in writing so you aren't required to go to the dr every time. Hope he feels better soon!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited March 2017
    @SandNStarsNJ the Dr (well actually NP) said that technically he had an eye infection, but it was related to the cold he had and was common. It is a type of conjunctivitis (which pink eye is conjunctivitis) but it isn't quite the same as pink eye.  Unfortunately he still needs drops and has to stay home for 24 hours. Of course today it hasn't been leaking at all so I'm taking him tomorrow morning even though it won't have been 24 hours of drops by then since he's napping right now and my prescription just got filled. Also said to massage the tear duct as that could be related
  • Glad you have an answer @kvruns! Hope he recovers quickly!
  • Megz1902 said:
    When will my hair stop falling out?? It started a few weeks ago and it just seems like sooooo much! Granted, I have long hair, so it looks like more than it probably is. It's just getting old having handfuls fall out every time I wash it or brush it.  :'(
    I hear you! Mine's been going strong for at least a month. :-( And E likes to grab my hair now so I'm constantly pulling strands off her hands so they don't get wrapped around a little finger or end up in her mouth. So annoying.
  • So my next door neighbors are apparently having a bunch of trees in their backyard cut down today ... getting 2 kids to nap to the sound of multiple chainsaws, trees crashing into the ground, and men shouting is awesome  :|
  • That sucks @mrsmoose5! That was us earlier this year.  Last night there was a motorbike that ripped past our house twice, waking LO and causing me to start bedtime all over again. Ugh. 
  • Has one colored their using shades?
  • **Long rant warning**

H stays with S during the day currently while I'm at work. He works evenings. I was prepared last night to let S CIO if she woke up at 10 since I know it's a habitual wakening. To my surprise she didn't wake up so I went to bed. H comes home making noise and S starts to stir but luckily stayed asleep. He knows she's a super light sleeper but still insists on making every single noise he can. S woke up for her feeding and went back down easily. He comes to bed and starts hacking his brains out and doesn't even attempt to cough in his pillow or go out in the living room so she wakes up. I just knew she was going to sleep well last night because she didn't have any random wake ups. Needless to say I'm lucky if I got 5 hours of broken up sleep while he Finally went and had a lovely sleep on the couch and then acts like he doesn't want to wake up at 6:30 when its time for me to go. Which is also super annoying since before I went to back to work he didn't mind waking up at 5 to go work out. 

End rant 
  • Has one colored their using shades?
    Come again? :smile:

Also, stop the presses. We had a 7:30-4:30, 4:45-6:30, 6:30-currently sleeping kind of night. Thank goodness! Sending sleep vibes to the rest of you! 
  • B is back at daycare. He has 0 eye leakage yesterday of course so it sucks having to have spent the $$ for Dr + missing day care but you still pay. Oh well. To celebrate he projectile spit up for the first time ever - thankfully it was on the cabinets at daycare and not totally on me lol
  • @lajoliedreamer I was super pissed. I had just put my boobs away when he barged in. There's a lock but anyone can open it with their security badge and I've been propping a chair under the door handle but he just barged on in. I'm still pissed and it was like a week ago.
  • @desoky01 Shade is apparently like a baby step to hard coloring that dyes the gray hair (I'm graying too much for 32). It just means I have to go darker and I'm not totally a fan of that. Maybe the better question is: does anyone currently have a good solution for hiding my gray hair??
  • Ladybug2821Ladybug2821 member
    edited March 2017
    @desoky01 Shade is apparently like a baby step to hard coloring that dyes the gray hair (I'm graying too much for 32). It just means I have to go darker and I'm not totally a fan of that. Maybe the better question is: does anyone currently have a good solution for hiding my gray hair??
    I'm not sure what shade is but I would suggest going to a colorist. I know it can be expensive but box dye is horrible. The colorist knows how to work with dyes to get the color you want. They can also use Demi permanent dyes that aren't as hard on hair.