August 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms

Lets start a weekly weekend randoms board! This will be the place to talk about anything weekend related.

I'll start:
Yesterday spent the day at Babies R Us creating our registry. So many ideas!
Today I'm cleaning the house and later DH and I will go see Beauty and the Beast!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Fun!
    We're heading to Target later to start stocking up on diapers.  Boxes are $28, you can use a coupon for each box, and if you spend $75 or more, you get a $20 gift card for your next purchase.  We'll have 2 in diapers for a bit, so want to start stocking up now while we can!
    Then heading to my parents for corned beef dinner. I had a stomach bug all weekend and today's the first time I feel like I can keep anything down, so fingers crossed for a good dinner! :smile:

Pregnancy Ticker

• LSP87LSP87 member
    Yesterday was spent trying really hard to clean. I have had a lot of pelvic pain (anyone else dealing with horrible crotch pain already? Whyyyy!) so I took too many breaks to really make a dent. We went to Home Depot so my husband could work on dropping in more Internet lines around the house. Success! We had our 4 year wedding anniversary on the 16th, so we celebrated with a nice lunch at a local steakhouse (just the 2 of us!). It was so nice having some quality time alone.

Today, we're going to a troll's themed birthday party. DS is beyond excited! I'm looking forward to him getting to play with friends. I'm hoping to do more around the house today and hit up the grocery store later. I literally did nothing last weekend so I'm playing catchup this weekend.
  • Loading the player...
  • LSP87 said:
    I have had a lot of pelvic pain (anyone else dealing with horrible crotch pain already? Whyyyy!) 
    Yes to the crotch pain! I was told that it was round ligament pain (if it radiates into your crotch/groin). But I'm also having stabbing pain in my pubic symphysis if I move too quickly, get up out of the car, or walk up stairs. I feel your pain, quite literally. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• LSP87 said:
    (anyone else dealing with horrible crotch pain already? Whyyyy!) 

Stuck in box, but yes I noticed the crotch pain when I got out of bed today. 20w3days. I didn't feel this way til 30+ last time. Sometimes it was excruciating to turn in bed and walk, so yeah not looking forward to it
  • I went to a prenatal yoga class and felt super accomplished, and then was sore for the rest of the day. Today, I'd really like to get some cleaning in, but maybe should walk my dog first since it's actually sunny! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are spending the afternoon/evening at my parent's house, watching March Madness. My mom cooked a ton of food, and I'm more than happy to help eat it! My kids are their only grandkids, so we usually spend every Sunday here. 
  • I saw Beauty and the Beast today and it was worse than I expected.  Think they tried way to hard.  Sometimes less is more.  It wasn't even up to the level of the musical in my opinion.  Emma Watson was a major weak link.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 Why did they cast Emma Watson for a singing role? I haven't seen the movie yet (and probably won't unless forced), but I hate how Hollywood butchers musicals with actors who can't sing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpotConlon,

Not sure how she got cast.  FWIW, she's not a powerhouse, but she can actually sing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• The "only thing" that mattered to me this weekend happened last night. My team, Purdue, made it through to the Sweet 16. Even sweeter since I live in Iowa and they beat Iowa State!

Went shopping yesterday and got a Snoogle and some other things. Made corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots for dinner. Almost fell out of bed due to said Snoogle :D.  Today went to church then made corned beef hash for lunch. Now relaxing until DD gets up from her nap and we'll play outside. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm out of the March madness loop, but I'm a Purdue alum, and reading this makes my crumby weekend feel better.  
  • Yesterday DH and I went out and celebrated finding out the sex. Had a lunch date, and bought baby some clothes and blankets at home goods. I also got a hair cut and it was amazing. 

Today I went to church, and was told I had popped, and got many "so how you feeling"s and one person asked me how my weight was. I was hoping for these questions to hold out a bit longer but nope. Right now DH is napping thanks to my ability to snore so loud it keeps him up all night. Later we are going to clean out some closets because we are getting new hvac in our house this week!!! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Insurance question: We get an update from our insurance each week with the amount that has been billed to them (very clearly marked THIS IS NOT A BILL).

We got our insurance update from genetic testing and it shows that we will owe $23,000. LOLOLOL. The only actual *bill* we've received for this (from the genetic testing company) is for $20 from the genetic testing, so I'm not too worried about it but DH is freaking. out.

So, now our insurance is showing that we've met our out of pocket max. My question is, does this seem right? Should we expect a bill like that? And, even though I think the $23K is a total mistake, does that mean we don't pay for anything else, at all? Insurance is so confusing, and never in our lives have we spent this much money on medical costs so I literally have no clue what to do with this. Help!
  • Yesterday went to Ikea to get a new toy storage solution. Made it back just in time to meet my mom, my aunt (who was in from out of town), my grandma and great aunt for lunch. Then last night I went solo to a friends birthday dinner while my husband stayed home with DD.  

Today i I was suppose to meet my SIL to see Beauty and the Beast. We ended up having to get a refund because my brother went to the ER late last night (dog bite)  my husband went to Urgent Care this morning (possible knee bursitis that wont go away) and my daughter woke up with a fever (thankfully already gone). So instead I got to go to Costco and the grocery store on a Sunday while my DD napped and my husband sat with his leg elevated. 
  • @littlebug2010 if anyone brings up my weight this pregnancy, I'll just roll my eyes and walk away. I'm going to end up doing the same thing when people start saying "OMG you're going to be so hot in the summer, ugh most be such a pain to be pregnant in the summer" I hate that so much!!!!

Is Beauty and the Beast really that bad??? I wanted to see it but maybe we should just save the $$.

Yesterday we went walking around the mosasic district then spent the rest of the day at my inlaw's house (I'll compain about that in the inlaw thread) Today I went to the grocery store and the rest of the day we're watching March Madness and getting ready for tomorrow.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @britvahok,

I'm the only female I know who didn't absolutely love it and find it amazing.  

I'm a huge fan of the original and the musical, so am getting flack from my sister because she thinks I am nuts.  I think it was good (solid 6.5), but it didn't wow me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Aww, I really loved Beauty and the Beast! I am a total sucker for Disney movies though and these days, cry at just about anything.  The only part I really disliked was Beast's solo but the rest was wonderful 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Midway through Sunday afternoon, the very last day of spring break, and I am just now starting my lesson plans for the next few weeks :astonished: I was sick for the past week and stayed on the couch. What a way to spend my vacation. (Feeling sorry for myself just a little bit)
  • @mrsmatt1212 call your insurance about the deductible being met. They added the full $3,000 to ours last year, but we didn't ever get charged at all (*TW*the test failed and we lost the baby-but I called the actual testing rep and she said they often work on your behalf to negotiate the prices down blah blah*end tw*) but anyway my point is they ended up not applying it to our out of pocket deductible it was some out of network deductible instead. 
  • @cmmiller531 ok that's super helpful. I hate how annoying and complicated insurance is. 
  • @britvahok I just saw Beauty and the Beast tonight and really liked it. I say go see it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bumpybump I was totally hoping Vermont was going to upset Purdue in the first round lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsmatt1212 SOOOOO annoying. I'm sorry :( I don't trust the explanation of benefits pages until they've been updated through a phone call or another bill has cycled through. 
  • This seemed like the longest yet shortest weekend ever! DH is out of town for work, so I spent Friday night at home celebrating my dog's 8th birthday with her lol. Oh and I got a massage! Saturday I had to wake up and bring the pups to the ILs so I could go to an out of town wedding.  Rode there with my dad, and we ended up not staying the night, so we spent over 4 hours driving, only to be in the town for 3.5 hours! Sunday I woke up at the crack of dawn to ride with my family another hour and a half to the Irish-Italian parade.  Tons and tons of fun, got super sunburned.  Weekend felt short because I was so busy and hardly home, and long because I was hardly home and always in the car!

@mrsmatt1212 the same thing happened to us, except it was like $5k not 23.  I was freaking out about it, but DH convinced me not to worry about it since it said this is not a bill.  I"m still confused and waiting for something that says "you owe..." Let us know what you figure out please!
    @britvahok Yessssss if one more person tells me I'm going to be miserable this summer, I may punch them.  Like thanks, I know it's going to be hot as hades and I'm going to be miserable, but guess what, we TTC for a year and if this is when little one wanted to make her appearance, then so be it, she will be worth the being miserable!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • About the pregnant in summer thing- is there any perfect time to be pregnant? Maybe it varies by climate. If I was in my first trimester in summer I'd have been miserable- wonderful weather that I can't take advantage of (long runs, outdoor festivals) because I felt like shit. At least being in the first tri when the weather sucked and not much was going on, I wasn't missing anything.

And plus, it's called air conditioning. It gets used. We'll be fine! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Preach! @DeansGirl14

I thought winter lining up with first tri was great. It gave me the perfect time to just snuggle up and hibernate inside. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 @DeansGirl14 The number of people that have given me pity looks when I tell them I'm due in August is insane. Thanks for the support, jerks. 

I'm also loving the new comments from coworkers along the lines of "ohhh just wait until..." or "travel now while you can!" I understand life changes after you have a baby, but people make it seem like it's literally over and you'll go no where again except BRU.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh well, I can't wait for the heat! I love feeling hot. Most summers I feel bummed that I spend most of the time in the air conditioner at the office. 
  • @LivLew Summer in the office is the worst! I have to dress like it's winter and take quick walks outside to "defrost" haha.. it's freezing in there.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LivLew I'm with you on wanting to feel hot!  I am cold all the time, and can't wait for the heat. I was hoping that my mom was right and that I would feel warm, but no such luck. Andplusalso the summer in an office sucks, so getting to be home in august will be awesome! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @secicc12 I can't stand the wait until or just you wait people. Like shut up, yeah, it's tough, but why do people want to make it seem like a punishment 

• I am both looking forward to and dreading the summer pregnancy.  We don't have air conditioning.  We have one air conditioner in my bedroom.  Every other window air-conditioner seems to be too small to fit our 1920's windows.  DH is on notice that he will probably be buying a portable rolling one that only requires a hose for the window.  When I was pregnant with DS (December 14 baby) I was opening the windows in November & December when it was something like 30° outside.  Even though I am cold now, I sense my internal furnace arriving with the heat.  

On the bright side I live a few minutes from my gym with 3 pools both indoor and outdoor.  My parents also have a pool and air-conditioning.  I am also looking forward to sunny warm weather where I can get out of the house.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I was pregnant during summer last time. Baby born 9/3. I had central air thank god. But I couldn't even breathe outside. Ny humidity is bad. Every day I went to work with a wet shirt. It was miserable. 
  • I wanted a summer baby because its a lot easier planning backyard/park birthdays, January always makes it a but more challenging.

Besides I'm miserable in the summer even when I'm not pregnant. I'll be hauled up in the AC like every other summer. It will actually give me a good excuse to not go places people ask me too..."sorry I'm so pregnant I just can't."  

Is there a place that's 75 degrees and sunny year round? Where you can wear jeans or capris with a tshirt and flip flops everyday? That's my happy place. 
  • I'm a July baby and my DH is September so we're on board with a summer baby...
    I will say after shaving my legs tonight,  I have no clue how I'm going to do that when I'm bigger and actually need too!!
    DH is not good at shaving with anything other than his electric face one, so I can only imagine the butcher job he will do if I ask for help...
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I'm a July baby and my DH is September so we're on board with a summer baby...
    I will say after shaving my legs tonight,  I have no clue how I'm going to do that when I'm bigger and actually need too!!
    DH is not good at shaving with anything other than his electric face one, so I can only imagine the butcher job he will do if I ask for help...
    Omg, forgot about this... I had to have DH shave my legs for me last time but only a few times because it was winter. This summer will be interesting. My DH was ok at it last time but it was still awkward and took forever. I'm also too afraid to just wax my legs because my skin gets even more sensitive when I'm pg. 
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited March 2017
    It's gotten above 75 here a few times already and I felt my body generating an embarassing amount of sweat. I'm normally not a sweat-er and I can tell my usually cold-natured self is much hotter since this pregnancy. I don't seem to need jackets when other people do. I'm truly dreading the summer and hauling my 12 month old around in the heat running errands and trying to keep the car cool. I know we will survive, but I'm really not looking forward to it. I have actually said on several occasions that I need it to just stay 70-75 for like 6 months straight. That would be amazing!
  • @smallbutmighty77 @bubblesmtu shaving legs wise, I found it helpful to have a place to safety prop my leg up to reach for shaving, such as a stool or small chair (plastic of course). For private areas, I ended up using an electric trimmer and scissors. Lol. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker