July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 3/20/17

For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31.

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common?
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 3/20/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week? Just scheduled a fetal echocardiogram appointment for Wednesday morning.  I also have an endocrinologist appointment on Friday.

Any new symptoms or changes? I feel like the baby has finally moved from being tucked in my left side all the time to more in the middle of my abdomen.  I'm hoping that means they are getting bigger!  I am definitely feeling bigger than last week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: my mom and sister have been getting on my nerves about making decisions in this pregnancy.  The decision is between DH and I, and I feel like we have been doing a good job of understanding and considering all the outcomes.

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common? Wow this is actually stumping me lol.  Apparently my dates have run the gamut.  I've dated short (5'4"), tall (6'3"), blonde, brunette, white, non-white, my age, and up to 12 years older lol.  I'm not sure if I've dated anyone younger than me.  Other than that, they are all male??
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya / spaghetti squash / coconut

Upcoming appointments this week? Had another A/S this morning to try to see the heart and finally caught her little profile, but she's still face down and stubborn as all get out!  They want me to come back to the MFM in two weeks to try to see the rest of her heart, so another waiting game.  They didn't see any huge markers and ruled out cleft palates/lips and most everything else, but can't clear her heart 100% yet because they couldn't get some views they wanted.

Any new symptoms or changes? Not that I've noticed

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: Planned to do a lot in the nursery this weekend, but allergies or some kind of cold knocked me on my butt and I spent the weekend mostly in bed and resting.  I'm still coughing today and have a ton of tightness in my chest.  Rave: Got to see my baby's profile today finally!

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common?  Yikes, that's a hard question! I have to agree with @SpongeWorthy lol!  I'll say they're all men hahaha.  I honestly can't think of much else except that they all like beer?  :D 

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline I feel like I need to consult this baby before I schedule my appointments lol.  Like, can you be not all curled up next time?  We finally got to see the profile last week and the tech printed out a photo, but it's so dark you can't even see anything!  Sorry you have to go for another follow up.  Continuing to have my FX that all is good!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 24 weeks - viability day!

How big is baby? Cantaloupe and Atlantic puffin 

Upcoming appointments this week? 24 weeks appointment today. They're going to start measuring my belly today!

Any new symptoms or changes? Baby keeps doing karate in there. I've still been doing better with reflux, but I can't eat cheeseburgers or I throw up. I think it's the grease. But CHEESEBURGERS ARE SO GOOD. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: sleep. I want sleep. I hate sleeping on my side. 4 more months (although then my boobs might leak everywhere!)
    Ooh... four more months isn't very long. Sometimes it hits me that THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING 
    ETA a rave bc sometimes I just complain. :) I cleaned out all my kitchen cabinets this weekend. Our kitchen isn't extremely large but it has a TON Of cabinets. I threw away some old Tupperware (I call all storage containers Tupperware) and things we never use. I need to clean out our pantry cabinets now, but that doesn't usually take very long bc it seems most things are expired so I just pitch a lot of stuff, haha

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common? Probably something stupid like they all played video games? Other than that, I'm not sure. I can steal the "they're all men" answer too. 

@SpongeWorthy - glad you can get in to your appointments so quickly! I bet it's frustrating hearing your mom and sister's opinions. I don't like other people's opinions on anything (unless specifically asked) so I can't imagine how frustrating it has to be when it's something so serious. Plus it's something so personal that only you and DH can decide. 

@maybeitsmadeline - your babe is stubborn!! Do you have to pay for all these appointments separately? That's the part that would irritate me! Or do they just charge the one fee?
  • Options

How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, nothing until the 30th

Any new symptoms or changes? I’ve been MIA for awhile, so I can’t remember if I updated you all on my abdominal issues. Looks like I will have to have my gallbladder taken out, now we’re just trying to stall to wait to do it until baby girl is born (provided it doesn’t get any worse before then). On a more fun front, I feel like I finally have a small but cute baby bump. :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? We finally went out and started our registry and found our crib and dresser/changing table. And my DH felt baby girl kick him for the first time yesterday!

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common? Apparently I stick close to my age group. I haven’t seriously dated anyone more than a year younger or older than I am.

@SpongeWorthy I hope your mom and sister learn to back off soon. I’m sure it’s annoying.

@maybeitsmadeline While I’m sure it’s frustrating to have all the repeat appointments, at least you get to keep seeing your baby girl!

@ginger1228 Yay viability! I’m laughing in commiseration at your cheeseburger comment because even though it makes me feel gross I keep eating cheese popcorn.

• Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks (1 week shy of v-day!!!)

How big is baby? Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Other than the baby tap-dancing on my bladder... nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? Are maternity bras really "all the rave"? I am still wearing my normal bras and I have to pull it up once or twice a day because I will pop out a little bit but I don't know if I want to spend money on a maternity bra.... Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am a FTM lol

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common? Other than my DH, they all were "bad boys". DH comes off as scary and intimidating to people until you get to know him. Hes' a teddy bear lol.

@SpongeWorthy - GL at your appointments on Wed and Fri

@maybeitsmadeline - Sorry you have to go back again to try and look at the heart. It must be frustrating (at least I know I would be lol). Yay for seeing the profile!

@ginger1228 - WOOT WOOT for V-Day!! They measured my belly last week. I was not expecting that lol. GL at your appointment. Let us know how it goes!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @abjm0325 - Boo for the health stuff but yay for your DH feeling kicks!!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @abjm0325 - right? Like how do I just not eat a cheeseburger for 4 more months? Cheese popcorn sounds amazing, btw. I had a friend whose sister had to have had gallbladder removed and I think they were able wait until after she delivered. I can't remember if they did it at the same time or waited a couple weeks after delivery. 

@SaphireSweetie88 - thanks! As for bras, I just bought a couple cheap bras that are bigger bc holy cow BOOBS and my old bras don't fit at all anymore. Are you going to nurse? I read somewhere around here that a lot of STMs recommended just getting nursing bras and wearing those since they'll be useful after delivery too. I haven't bought any yet but I need to. Bras just aren't as fun to buy as cute tops. Plus they're more expensive. I've really only been buying maternity clothes if they're on sale or I have a coupon. 
  • Options
    @ginger1228 - I plan on nursing if I am able to. I did look at some of the bras at Target and saw the prices and walked away lol
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SpongeWorthy I'm so glad you're feeling movement and can notice that baby is getting bigger! I love that.  Yes, I 100% agree that these babies have to be consulted!  She refused to flip for the tech and even the MFM came in and tried her hand at it, but she refused to budge.  She was flailing her arms and legs around and giving the thumbs up to us in one photo (so cute!), but she just wouldn't get out of my belly button.  The tech called her a little stinker, which is totally accurate lol.

@ginger1228 I call everything tupperware too!  I don't even know what else you would call it hahaha!  Storage container sounds so much like adhesive bandage rather than Band-aid.  :D Yay for V-DAY!!!

@abjm0325 You're right! I'm absolutely excited that I get to see her so much.  So sorry you have to have your gallbladder out, but hoping that will bring some relief!  DH felt our girl kick on Saturday morning and his eyes lit up!  It was amazing to watch his face when he finally realized she was in there lol!

@SaphireSweetie88 I finally was able to stop guessing which parts of her I was feeling since she's been in the same position for almost two weeks per my sonos.  Her back is in my belly button so the thumps I'm feeling at belly button level are elbows and legs.  The lightning crotch is caused by her head and hands since she is head down and per today's A/S loves putting her hands behind her head and above her head and is using her little fists to punch my bladder.  I feel you on the bladder pressure!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@ginger1228 The plan is to wait a week or two after I deliver, but they said they can do it now if I develop stones or other complications. Obviously that isn’t ideal, so I should probably stop eating cheese popcorn…

• Options
    @ginger1228 I realized I forgot to answer your question!  I have no idea.  Thankfully, I haven't been charged anything yet for my U/Ss.  I'm waiting to get my EOB to see what happens then.   :# 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    (snipped)
    @SaphireSweetie88 I finally was able to stop guessing which parts of her I was feeling since she's been in the same position for almost two weeks per my sonos.  Her back is in my belly button so the thumps I'm feeling at belly button level are elbows and legs.  The lightning crotch is caused by her head and hands since she is head down and per today's A/S loves putting her hands behind her head and above her head and is using her little fists to punch my bladder.  I feel you on the bladder pressure!
      @maybeitsmadeline - I wish I knew what parts I was feeling. I was to AW that's my baby at the u/s to notice if my baby was in the same position each time lol.
    abjm0325 said:

@ginger1228 The plan is to wait a week or two after I deliver, but they said they can do it now if I develop stones or other complications. Obviously that isn’t ideal, so I should probably stop eating cheese popcorn…

@abjm0325 - ....... but cheese and popcorn are heaven together...... :(
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks!

How big is baby?  Apparently the size of an endive. 

Upcoming appointments this week? No. I won't go back again until 4/17. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None today. 

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common? They've all been (including my husband) musicians!
  • Options
    My 24 week appointment went well! My weight and bp are good. Baby's heart rate is 147-155. I'm measuring a week behind, but dr said that was fine as long as I'm within 1-2 weeks, and she likes it being about a week behind bc it reduces the chance of an 8-9lb baby (I like that too!). 

My next appointment (28 weeks) sounds like torture. I have to get my Tdap, rh shot, glucose screen, and she does an early cervix check. None of that sounds fun!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 25 weeks 

How big is baby? Cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments this week? None until the second week of April

Any new symptoms or changes? Lots and lots of movement/ baby kicks. With DD1 I had and anterior placenta so I didn't feel much so this time it is amazing but also weird feeling so much movement all the time.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Had to have a second ultrasound after the anatomy scan because baby girl wouldn't show her heart properly. Just got the results back and everything is completely perfect so I had a mini heart attack for about a week for absolutely nothing. Also found out babygirl is breech so I know it's still early but has me kind of panicking about the possibility of her not turning in time.

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common? Their height. I am pretty tall at 5'10 so I've always been self conscious about dating someone shorter than myself.

@abjm0325 : I had to have my gallbladder out at 10 weeks. I developed stones and my liver and pancreas levels started rising so the had to do it before I delivered. I was a wreck. The recovery sucked. Think of doing about a million tummy crunches it's pretty sore/painful, but within about a week I was eating what I wanted and carrying around my 10mo. The best thing I found was ice cold organic apple juice when my tummy would hurt before I had the surgery it really helped. Also a really bland low fat diet..yeah I know blah it sucks especially being prego but your tummy will thank you! I hope it all works out for you!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks today

How big is baby? According to the bump an endive

Upcoming appointments this week? My anatomy scan tomorrow. Cant wait to see the little man. Had to reschedule to this week so my husband could join.

Any new symptoms or changes? No real new symptoms but this acne is driving me crazy and I haven't been sleeping good so I'm feeling kinda grumpy the past week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not related to pregnancy but my daughter finally used the potty at school! She has been terrified of public bathrooms for the past few months because of the autoflush feature. Not sure why the one at her school would scare her so much because its just a basic potty but we're hoping this is a start in a good direction.

GTKY: What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common? Hmmm I would have to say that they have all been dark brunettes. Never really thought about it until now but yea apparently I've never dated anyone with any other color hair lol.