August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 3/20

Comments? Questions? Rants? Raves?
If you don't know where it goes, it goes here!

Re: Weekly Random 3/20

• Loading the player...
  • So I have to rant about my college students. Today is the first day back from spring break and half of my class is missing when they have an exam today! They better have a pretty good excuse for missing! After all, they had an extra week to study and prepare for this test.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @LivLew - agree with @bumpybump, if you're comfortable, go for it. We're going to Hawaii in a few weeks and I was trying to figure out whether i needed a maternity one piece or could just wear my more full-coverage bikinis and everyone said if you're comfortable in what you usually wear, no reason not to just wear it. I don't want to buy a new bathing suit, especially not knowing if i'll be this pregnant during bathing suit weather for any other pregnancies. Some of my bathing suits are too skimpy with the new body changes but I have plenty that should work. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @LivLew I say go for it.. I'm definitely planning to! There are some cute tankinis available too if you don't want to totally bare it all.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LivLew I say go for it if you're comfortable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivLew I totally did during my 1st pregnancy!
  • @livelew If you're comfortable in it, then go for it!! I have so much respect for pregnant women who wear bikinis, because I know that I'll never be comfortable enough to do it. 
    I just bought a maternity tankini.  I haven't work a tankini since like 7th grade, it felt weird buying one again lol.
    My random is that I miss my husband and want him back home working regular hours.  I really feel like he's going to miss this entire pregnancy because of work.  His schedule was great for a couple months then someone at his plant got arrested, so he had to take his night shift position on the turnaround.  As soon as it was over, he got called to go out of town.  He is still out of town and they're calling him because his plant had a fire and is about to go on another turn around....I guess better now then come August?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ran out of girl scout cookies and my MIL who is troop leader also ran out. I'm devastated. I need more do-si-dos!
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• I wasn't sure where to fit this in so I chose here. Does anyone have a "comfortable" panty liner they'd recommend?  I have a decent amount of discharge and wear panty liners almost daily but have noticed when I do, I tend to have irritation. I did the same during my first pregnancy but had no irritation. So, any recommendations on brands/name?

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• happylifex3happylifex3 member
    edited March 2017
    @livelew I totally plan to! I bought a one peice maternity and it is super cute but my belly needs some sun. Regardless of how big or gross it may look.  B)

Edit to add: i only bought the maternity one to wear at the gym. Swimming laps in a bikini is annoying.

Edited again to add:
    @bumpybump no advise here but if you figure it please share! I feel your pain. Ive tried lately sleeping with no bottoms to help the irritation but its weird with so much discharge!

Man, this pregnancy brain is killing me.
  • Thanks all for the advice! I was afraid to be inappropriate but you gals gave me courage. I'm going to Bermuda next week and Sydney next month and don't want to buy different bathing suits for each bump phase. I'll definitely get a tankini for June/July in Cape May but at that point my bump will be giant and I don't think I can buy anything now that will also fit then.
  • @bumpybump I also react to liners so for now I'm just changing underwear a few times a day. Is this a pregnancy phase or will it be like this until the end? So annoying. Have you tried organic cotton liners such as Honest and Natracare?
  • Omg ladies, the discharge is killing me too.  I probably change undies twice a day and it still drives me nuts. I put on a thin pad the other day because the panty liner chaffed as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The liners are too much like diaper rash!! It's too much discharge for plain underwear and too little for an entire pad. I just can't!!!! I was using the always infinity ones that have that foam insert instead of the like gauzey type cover and it was okay I guess. 
  • @bumpybump - I've tired quite a few brands - pricy ones and cheap ones - with having the progesterone suppositories (those are so messy!). Always Sheer Dailys I like best but if you need a bit more coverage (you'll know what I mean if you take a look at the Sheer dailys) the Always Thin Dailys work well too. They have a thong daily liner if you need it too that I liked. I kept a box of both the Sheer and Thong on hand (you can use the sheer as a thong liner since the pad in it is narrow if you want as well actually) and started using them again when this discharge amped up recently. Worth the extra money from the generic brand to me. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• You can get cloth pantyliners. I have cloth pads that I've used as backup to my menstrual cup, and I thought they were less chafe-y than disposable pads.

So far, I've mostly just been using tissue if things get a little too wet because the discharge is usually temporary and I can throw them away the next time I'm in the bathroom (I feel like this should be a foul bachelorette meme).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bumpybump I second the Always dailies in the purple box- long or xtra long. I usually change it once or twice during the day (if I remember) and go sans pantiliner when I get home. 
  • Thanks ladies!  I've just been using what I have here since I never had an issue before but have painfully noticed it at least three times this pregnancy and just determined it had to be the panty liners. Once I have the irritation it takes about a week to go away. I thought it was hemorroids at first but I know it's not. Time to try some new stuff. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I really never thought I'd appreciate such a frank pantyliner discussion, but man this is timely and needed! Time to stock up on pantyliners. 

@LivLew I'll add my yay vote for a bikini to the echo chamber. 

@JWatt5 Go ahead with that self control!! It's so so so hard to not look, I know. I only had to wait one day until my H got home from work. No way I could wait days for a cake! I was happy that we found out together. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LivLew said:
    Baby bump in a bikini. Yay or nay?
    YAY.
    I was just on my babymoon and rocked mine. I saw at least three other women doing the same. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • NxyNxy member
    The base only has a regular care clinic but they offer acute appointments for "walk-in" type care but its space available/first call first served. That being being said the only other option would be to take her to the ER for care. SOO if we can't get into an appointment tomorrow would strep (90% sure it's strep) be a legit reason for an ER visit?? I feel like it's overkill but we don't have a bunch of care options here.. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am on vacation in Florida right now and brought two bikinis and one maternity one piece. I just look fat in the bikinis at the moment, but don't really GAF when I'm with my fam and just want a little sun on my belly. The maternity one piece has a lot more room to grow and I def look more cute pregnant in it, but I feel way covered up. I could never find a maternity tankini that fit me (way too big on top). I actually have one from motherhood that i've worn once if anybody wants it I would be happy to send when I get home. It is a peach color size small, prob fits size 2-4ish on bottom and 34-D on top.

I have recently started running with a generic poise pad and can't believe how much they chafe (sp?). I totally need to admit defeat and start figuring out better options for these as well if anybody has btdt!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @nxy I would say so. If it's strep then antibiotics are needed and your daughter won't feel better until she gets the right meds. Since the care options are limited then you just got to do what you have to do. Hopefully the base clinic can get you in! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Nxy
    I agree, if left untreated,  strep can turn into scarlet fever.  I'd definitely get to ER if you can't get an appt at the care Center.  Good luck! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Nxy Yes definitely appropriate. I'm a ER nurse, and when people come to us after making an effort to see their primary and can't get in I'm fine with it. Especially because it is easy/quick to treat and the patient is actually pretty uncomfortable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • NxyNxy member
    I wish we had an "Urgent Care" facility the ER feels so serious. Thanks ladies! 
    DD  had me Dr. Google-ing all day today trying to see what might be wrong with her.. Her *only* symptom has been a fever yesterday and today. No cough, no runny nose, she's eating and drinking normally, in a decent mood.. She told me her teeth hurt so I looked in her mouth and she's got like textbook strep going on back there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy I hope your little girl feels better soon! I'd go to the ER if necessary too. DS2 just finished up a 10 day round of antibiotics for strep. The sooner she gets them, the better. 
  • Jumping back to the pantyliners, has anyone tried those period panties called Thinx? I haaaattte pads and was considering getting a few pairs of Thinx for the postpartum recovery period in order to maybe avoid having to use pads. Maybe it's some FTM naivety here since I have no idea what everything is going to be like...(or if I'm going to actually give two rips about using a pad after birth)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LivLew -- definite YAY on the bikini baby bump! i think it's adorable
  • NxyNxy member
    @Mango517 my postpartum flow seemed like it would have been way too heavy for Thinx for the first week and a half or so, after that they may have worked. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bumpybump kotex ultra thins are my favorite liner. They feel like you're wearing nothing, but I've yet to have one leak. 
  • @Mango517 I've never tried  but have heard great things about them related to normal periods. I'm personally a menstrual cup user when my period comes back and just stick to the really long Always pads for postpartum bleeding. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump I got a cup and then my BFP so I never had the opportunity to use. Now I'll probably have to buy a size up  :(
  • @LivLew you also may not need a different size. It really depends on your body as a whole. I actually use the Lena and have both sizes. I use one one my light days and the other on heavy days.

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• It looks like my A/S appointment this Friday is only 30 minutes, then 30 min follow-up with my OB. From what I've read on here, it seems like most people's took about an hour. From those who have already had theirs, do you guys think 30 mins is enough time to accurately see everything?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 I think it just depends on if baby cooperates.  Mine would not roll over and the tech had to get the doctor to come in and see if they would wiggle him around enough to see the four chambers of his heart.  They had me lay on my side for a while, they wiggled my belly all over, it was nuts!  But if your kid cooperates, then it should be fine.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy!