August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/20

How are you feeling today?  Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/20

• I thought I was over morning sickness, but apparently not. Otherwise feeling pretty good. Feeling baby move a lot more and especially at night when I'm ready to sleep. Feeling hip pain, but I don't know if that's pregnancy related or not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This happened last time too, but I've started to have a lot of trouble sleeping at night. I toss and turn and cannot get comfortable. Was thinking of getting a pregnancy pillow but they are expensive. Probably worth it though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been feeling baby move more often now.  Thursday night she was super active and I felt her for a good 15 minutes straight. I find I feel her more when it's late at night and I'm laying on my back watching tv or something. Also starting to get a sinus infection, which just makes my nausea 10x worse.
    Is it true that when you're pregnant you're more likely to sunburn then when you weren't? It takes alot for me to burn and when I do, it usually doesn't hurt and turns brown by the next day or so.  Yesterday I got a terrible burn on my chest and shoulders and it hurts so stinking bad.  I slept even worse last night because side sleeping when your shoulders are burned....eesh!
    @belmont1785 I've been sleeping terribly at night also.  And I have a pregnancy pillow! The U shaped one.  I've never had trouble sleeping on my side before, so I'm not sure what the heck my problem is these days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NatSprat0703
    Yes, I read that sunburn is easier when pregnant. Get at least SPF 45 and lube up!

As far as my symptoms go, insomnia's a bitch. I'm also sick of being congested as that makes it harder to sleep. Not being allowed to sleep on one's back is also a bitch, as that's my preferred position and the one that makes it easiest to breathe!
    Last night I tried propping myself up on pillows so I could kind of be on my back. It helped a little. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited March 2017
    @Kathryn0903 sorry you're still dealing with MS :(

@belmont1785 I broke down and got the Snoogle this weekend. I didn't use anything with my first pregnancy but decided I needed something for my hip/back pain. Two night in and it's definitely an adjustment but I feel better pain wise. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump

So you recommend the snoogle? I might just break down and go for it. I need better sleep. I just feel so much pressure. I'm a side sleeper so I feel like it would help me.
  • @belmont1785 Chiming in here, but I definitely recommend it! It helps you feel supported at night. I find that when I don't sleep with it for a night or two, my back and neck start to hurt. 

@Kathryn0903 Ugh I'm sorry to hear you're still dealing with MS. I thought you were in the clear after your last update. 

Speaking of sunscreen... are people investing in a pregnancy-safe sunscreen for summer? Or just going with the regular brand?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 I totally thought it was gone after going 9 days without getting sick. Then I got sick twice in 3 days. It sucks, but I keep telling myself it'll all be worth it in the end.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @secicc12 I think I'm going with a regular sunscreen, but I am curious about this. I'm going to the Kentucky Derby in early May. Being out in the sun all day, I will definitely need a good sunscreen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @belmont1785 I'm liking the Snoogle thus far but I do wake up a little when switching sides to reposition it between my legs (fall right back asleep). I was waking up without the Snoogle too so not a big deal to me.  Long term I can't really say but I have friends who are addicted to theirs years later. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• +1 for insomnia. I have no problems falling asleep but once I am up to pee in the middle of the night it takes me hours to fall back asleep. I've never had problems sleeping in my life. Prior to my BFP I could sleep through anything! 

I thought I was done with constipation but that's back from the first trimester too. Ugh. I've done everything I can think of to help with this with the exception of taking colace or going on a prescription. I might have to ask my doctor for a script. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @belmont1785 - I love the snoogle. I still don't sleep that well and I toss and turn but it's much better than without it. We're going out of town this weekend and I'm trying to decide if I should bring it (we're driving so won't be too much of a hassle.

@secicc12 - I'm super fair with freckles and wear SPF moisturizer on my face and neck every day, rain, shine, snow, etc. I live in California so also have already started having to wear it for my outdoor runs on my neck and shoulders. Mineral sunscreen, not the regular sunscreen, is what we should be using. Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide should be the active ingredients, I believe, but double check. I asked my doctor and she said as long as it was the mineral based, not the kind that absorbs, it's good but could be worth asking your doctor. Check your makeup too if you have anything with SPF. I've been using babyganics SPF 50 and a tinted moisturizer with zinc oxide as the SPF ingredient. As for the babyganics, I do prefer regular sunscreen as this turns white when I get wet in the pool and seems to stay on forever but it's much safer for baby, plus you can use it for baby once they are old enough for sunscreen if you want to go back to your regular stuff after birth without wasting what you have left over. I'm a huge sunscreen nut since I'm so prone to burning so I felt it was extra important that I figure out what's safe and what's not - sorry if any of that sounded preachy. If you're only going to be using sunscreen once or twice between now and august, check with your doctor about what the actual hazards are, but like I said, you'll need the mineral kind for baby eventually anyways (I believe you're supposed to wait 6 months before using sunscreen on a newborn).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Stupid sciatica.  And I'm exhausted because DS's allergies are flared up and when he doesn't sleep,  I don't sleep.
  • @kvh22 Thanks! That was definitely helpful. I have a few more months before the sun is really out here haha but good to be prepared. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SouthernMama15 Seconding the stupid sciatica. I spent Saturday in tears it hurt so much/I didn't know how to fix it. Even now it feels like I pulled a muscle down the outside of my hamstring. 

@secicc12 @kvh22 and others... SO gets Ombrelle off Amazon, because it's a foreign formulation. It isn't a mineral sunscreen but which doesn't include the bad active ingredient (I wish I remembered what it is, but it's in all American off the shelf brands). I'll probably use his most of the time!
  • @lyse01 I have some exercises, but I can't do most of them because I have a torn meniscus. Hope you get some relief 
  • @SouthernMama15 you too! I just got a heating pad off Amazon and it felt helpful tonight.
  • I've been having these every so often, but I swear they are getting more frequent.  Stabbing/shooting pains in my vagina! So weird and annoying
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm making colostrum?! I'm only 17+4 but I swear I noticed dewy drops of clear to pale yellow goo on my nipples yesterday. No wonder they are so crusty and itchy everyday.
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Heartburn and acid reflux. I can taste my breakfast all day long... I'm craving bananas, but they tend to give me instant acid :( yesterday, my sweet husband ordered me extra spicy curry, my favorite, but I paid dearly for it all evening. 
    My other new one is being extra flaky and dry everywhere! Every time I take off my clothes, it snows (gross, I know)
  • Sooooo tired but I think that has more to with a crabby toddler. Also the oak count here is insane right now so my sinuses are just done. As far as actual pregnancy symptoms, just the baby moving every now and again. I actually forget I'm pregnant sometimes because I've been lucky enough to feel well and this baby is wayyyy calmer than my daughter was. With DD, from 15 weeks on, she never stopped moving. And she still hasn't!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • The acid reflux has begun, not fun! The past few days my lower back has been so tight/tense/terrible. I am not using a pregnancy pillow yet, so maybe that is causing issues? I can hardly sit at work it is so tight. Thoughts? Remedies? 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @smallbutmighty77 I love my pregnancy pillow to help keep my hips aligned which I think is probably helping with my back, but for that particular aspect, just a pillow between your knees could do the trick. Also, my back feels so much better after I do prenatal yoga. there are some great 15-20 minute videos on youtube if you can't make it to a class.

I got sick after eating all of the rich food DH and I ordered for my birthday dinner last night. Not sure if it was food poisoning (but we shared everything and DH is fine) or something specific not agreeing with baby or just my decreased immune system. Considering I didn't eat anything DH didn't, I think it's a pregnancy symptom (or at least because of the pregnancy) somehow. Not fun in the middle of the night but it was still a great meal.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I've gotten sick after the few rich dinners that we've had.  I've found it's best for me to eat smaller, blander meals at night.  It sucks.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm sleeping like absolute shit, but my sex drive is raging.  ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @thistle8677 if my DH hears about more people having crazy sex drives in pregnancy, I think he might trade me in for a different model! I have not had any...I feel kinda bad because the one friend of his who has a kid-even DH's dad- have mentioned the awesome-ness that is pregnancy sex drive. I would love to have it, I just don't. :-( The bad back isn't helping any in the bed department. 
    One pregnancy 'symptom' I would not mind having.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • @smallbutmighty77 Don't feel bad; I definitely have yet to develop that "symptom". 
  • @smallbutmighty77 & @mrsw2017, I don't recall it being this strong in all of my pregnancies. I think for me personally, it's really pronounced because I'm almost 40 and I'm still sort of in my "sexual peak" season of life. Just a theory. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I haven't had the sex drive either. On the one hand I feel bad for DH, but he's not initiating either. His work has been crazy since right around the time we found out about the pregnancy (and first trimester ickiness didn't help the mood) and he's never in the mood when he's stressed anyway. 
    I'm trying to maintain intimacy in other ways though- you know, hugs when you get home from work, cuddling before going to sleep, that sort of thing. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know if this is so much a "symptom" of pregnancy rather than a "holy shit" moment of pregnancy. 

I'm starting to feel huge and am incredulous that I'm going to keep getting bigger for another 19 weeks (or less). 

The maternity jeans are great but I'm still mostly wearing my loose (or long/stretchy) regular shirts. The regular shirts are just starting to get too snug or looking wrong and I'm at the point where I'm obviously, to any stranger's eye, a pregnant woman. It's just that disbelief is starting that I'm going to get really fucking huge, apparently. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have not had the increased sex drive either.  For the past 2 months, DH has either been out of town for work or had a terrible schedule to where we never see each other, and as much as I've missed him, I haven't missed the EOD let's have sex initiative lol.
    @DeansGirl14 I feel like I'm huge already, especially after looking at other people's bump pics, but majority of people tell me I'm barely showing and tiny.  So I guess I just look fat and not pregnant lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 @NatSprat0703 I am so on the feeling huge train. Realizing I'm only halfway I was like how am I going to double? I haven't put on that much weight,  totally in the range for my doctor,  but I feel big. I don't know how people at 20+weeks aren't showing like crazy. 
    I know everyone is different,  and I am fairly small and short, but I just keep wondering how I'm going to keep getting bigger.  Crazy.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • I have not had the increased sex drive either.  For the past 2 months, DH has either been out of town for work or had a terrible schedule to where we never see each other, and as much as I've missed him, I haven't missed the EOD let's have sex initiative lol.
    @DeansGirl14 I feel like I'm huge already, especially after looking at other people's bump pics, but majority of people tell me I'm barely showing and tiny.  So I guess I just look fat and not pregnant lol
    Yeah every body type is different, even my current self compared to past self. I thought I was bigger this time, but I see pics from 2013 and i was bigger then. Probably because I started that pregnancy 20lbs smaller than this one, so less tummy fat to hide bump. Also my bump is smaller in morning and instantly bigger after I eat, so that factors into people's pics too. My best friend says I look tiny and I actually get upset. Like damn it I want to have a huge baby belly! But everyone notices and comments on the baby so at least I look pregnant.  
  • @NatSprat0703 @DeansGirl14 @brookedeyo The bump pictures have made me aware of how different everyone's bumps are! (I gave in and took a look at the thread). And I have gained the same weight as I did with my first, but I look completely different. 
  • @DeansGirl14 - I was just saying the DH I need to get some new shirts. I have a long torso already and add what bump I have now and the shirts/sweaters aren't quite covering well enough anymore. 

This baby brain thing is getting real, I've left my wallet at stores twice this week and dont realize until the following day. Luckily I always get it back...I've been misplacing and lot lately and having to write everything down at work. hehe
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @smallbutmighty77
    The raging sex drive isn't all that when your SO isn't into it. We're on different work schedules, so when I get home, he's getting ready for bed. This past week, I had a cold, and as soon as I felt better, he got the cold (it's a nasty sinus one). So I'm just constantly frustrated and agitated. Doesn't help that we're re-watching Californication, which has like 45 hot scenes every episode. 
  • Scallops - love em. Except apparently now I think they're gross and fishy and contaminate the cheese sauce. SO thought they were delicious when I gave him my entire entree. :( 

Luckily I still enjoy the hot goat cheese that was on my salad!

@JWatt5 I need new shirts too - too many are showing half of the full maternity jeans panel. And yesterday I left my entire wallet at work and didn't notice until I left the house this morning!
  • Does anyone else's feet "fall asleep" or tingle fairly often? It happened after my 16 week appointment so I haven't talked to midwife about it yet, but I'm gonna bring it up Wednesday at my appointment.
  • Anyone else get tingling in their crotch? I don't know if baby is pushing on something, but I get tingles in my crotch occasionally. This just started over the past few days and of course it was happening last night when I had an hour drive home. It's not painful or anything, but just really annoying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @erindippity not my feet, but my hands. Blood flow is so weird during pregnancy. 

@Kathryn0903 yup, lightening crotch