October 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 3/19

This check-in is for those whose weeks change over today! Meaning your EDD is on October 1, 8, 15, 22 or 29. 

*If your week does not change over today, please do not post. There will be check-ins every day so everyone has a weekly check-in*

1) How many weeks are you? 
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments or tests this week?
4) Rants/Raves/Questions?
5) GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do in the Spring?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 3/19

• monstera13monstera13 member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry, forgot to post last week. I'm writing this from SeaTac airport and trying not to be angry about my very delayed flights. 
    1. I'm 10 weeks today! 
    2. I've actually been feeling somewhat better. My nausea comes and goes throughout the weeks though, so I'm not sure yet that I'm past the MS period of the pregnancy. Still very tired though. 
    3. No appointments this week, but last week I went to my OB for the first time and met with the nurse for initial health screenings. I'm excited to hear the baby's heartbeat next week at my appointment!
    4. Other than flight cancellations, no rants. Rave: my mother is coming to visit us this week, and we are going to surprise her with the pregnancy. I can't wait!!
    5. I love being able to do outdoorsy stuff again starting in the spring. Hiking, biking, swimming, etc. It is all so much more fun when it's warm! 
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 8 weeks.
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous, tired, have a headache, literally thought I was going to have to go to the hospital with stomach pain, it was just built up gas, never had that with my first, heartburn like every day, and my regular jeans are already feeling to tight to be comfortable even with the hair elastic trick. So still in the middle of feeling pretty gross.
    Not this week. They don't schedule anything around here until about 10 weeks. But after that I am trying to decide whether to go with the midwife I went with my first too or the doctor since we found out with my first that I'm O- and my husband is A+ and I want to to covered for everything.
    Still hate insurance, it's practically useless depending on the one you pick, since you still have to pay the deductible. Sometimes I really hate living in the USA.
    I just can't wait for the lilacs to bloom but that probably won't happen until around my birthday in May. I'm hoping it starts warming up soon so we can start taking afternoon walks though. 16 inches of snow the other day means no walks still for a little while.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. 12 weeks 

2. Last week was rough with ms (all day). Happy I am able to eat more foods. 

3. No. Gender ultrasound is April 11. So excited!!

4. Smells...oh my goodness my nose is on overdrive 

5. We live in the south so it is starting to get warmer. So ready for camping and being outdoors more. 
  • 1. 12 weeks 

2. Last week was rough with ms (all day). Happy I am able to eat more foods. 

3. No. Gender ultrasound is April 11. So excited!!

4. Smells...oh my goodness my nose is on overdrive 

5. We live in the south so it is starting to get warmer. So ready for camping and being outdoors more. 
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 11! Woo hoo
    2) How are you feeling? 
    feeling better now in the evenings, can function like a normal human being. still have headaches and bloating. 
    The only appointment/test i have this week is a visit to an endocrinologist to have my throat u/s done. boo. i have a slightly elevated levels of some T3 or T4 thing and they want to rule out any more serious thyroid issues. even though I have never had this problem, it can happen during pregnancy it seems. FX
    this is same rant as last week. when will i actually start showing so i can stop sucking in my stomach lol I'm not in a rush or anything...i want to be at a point of sharing the news but want to have the bump first.
    GARDENING!!!  <3
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • 1) 8 weeks  
    2) tired and nauseous. It's getting a bit worse as the days pass but that's par for the course for my pregnancies. 3) first ultrasound tomorrow -- I'm so excited.
    4) Not sure if it's a rant or rave or what but we just bought a 15 passenger van and I'm having a hard time getting used to it.
    5) celebrating Easter!
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 9 weeks

2) How are you feeling? 
    pretty much the same. Nauseous, tired and really gassy. 

nope. I won't have another until mid-April. It seems like forever away!

I'm finding myself really anxious to get past first tri. I'm hoping I'll start feeling better, I'll feel comfortable telling people and I won't have to try and hide my bloat anymore. I feel like I should be taking it all in, since this is my last, but I'm over it. Bring on second tri!

Honestly?  Open my windows and get some fresh air in here! I open them sometimes in the winter when I find it too stuffy, but it gets too cold really quick. 
  • 1. 8 weeks
    2. Nauseous only at night time, after dinner.
    3. Growth appointment on Tuesday.  Fingers and toes are crossed.
    4. People in general annoy me right now.  No clue why.
    5.  The sun, feels like forever since we have seen it.
  • GenTKGenTK member
    1) How many weeks are you? 8 weeks! 

2) How are you feeling? 
    So sick and exhausted. My boobs hurt, my cramps won't stop, and the smell of anything makes me feel ugh. 

Nothing until next week. 
    Anyone else gone years between pregnancy and feel like it's kicking their butt this time? The first time I was 25 and all was fairly well. I hardly got sick, I was fine to go to work all the time (and I waited tables so it was brutal!) and I just felt like a functioning person. This time... I'm a big ball of useless and I wonder if it's being 32 instead of 25. 
    Most springs it's garden and get the fire pit out, but this year I'm packing and cleaning to get ready to move so I don't want to sink a ton of time in a garden that I either can't move with me, or is in huge containers that will be super hard to move. 
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 12 weeks!

2) How are you feeling?  
    HEADACHES.  ALL.  THE.  TIME.  

I have a check up with my OB tomorrow and my NT scan on Thursday.  I had two ultrasounds (6 w and 9 w) due to some bleeding, and both times they were on short notice.  Since my DH works an hour away from where we live, he couldn't come back in time.  He'll be joining me for the NT scan so he gets to see our peanut for the first time!  

I teach High School Juniors and Seniors and I told them that I was pregnant last week.  They were SO EXCITED for us.  I think I would have waited longer to tell them, but I really really love my kids this year and wanted to share my good news.  They now ask how I am feeling every day.  What nice people! 

Not wear so many darn layers/coats/etc!  I grew up in south Louisiana and now live in Virginia.  It never really got THAT cold when I was growing up, so I really hate winter.  I'm looking forward to opening up the house and feeling excited about taking our dog for a nice long walk after dinner.  
  • cranburyposhcranburyposh member
    edited March 2017
    1) How many weeks are you?  11 weeks! \o/

2) How are you feeling?
    Feeling much better during the day now, but still dealing with a little bit of nausea and vomiting at night.

Not until next month.

Feeling excited that I'm getting close to starting my 2nd trimester, really hoping the nausea and vomiting go away for a change, the nausea medicine my doctor prescribed doesn't even work on me, ironically I get more nauseous and start throwing up right after I take it. 

Hibernating less, going out more often and longer!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a day late, but piping in!
    1) How many weeks are you? 9 weeks yesterday!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Seem to slowly be getting some of my energy back, but that could be because I slept pretty well all weekend, when I wasn't in pain.   I did find out yesterday that I have a bladder infection.  yuck.
    Nope, just the unexpected visit yesterday to see why I had been cramping for 24 hours.  I got to see LO and he/she is right on track at 9 weeks. 
    Small rant.   Have to make a 17 hour trip this coming weekend.  I'm sure it will end up being closer to 20 with all the extra stops to pee.  
    Spend time outdoors with my boys!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1) How many weeks are you? I'm 8 weeks!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I'm feeling nauseous on and off, I keep getting awful spells of diarrhea, and I have zero appetite. 
    No appointment this week! My dating ultrasound is next week though
  • 1. 12 weeks

2. Nausea is still here and there, but not too terrible anymore. Feeling human again is lovely

3. Not this week 

4. Rant: Had to come back from vacation today. Which wouldn't have been so bad, had the day not started off like shit. And at 230am

5. I just like hanging out outside and enjoying the very, very little amount of days of truly nice weather before the humidity sets in. 
  • 1. 12 weeks!

2. I really can't complain. I feel pretty good for the most part. 

3. Yes finally! NT scan tomorrow

4. Work is so busy and I have a lot of deadlines coming up which is stressing me out.  

5. I can't wait to sit on my deck, enjoy a nice meal and take in the fresh air. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1)10 weeks!
    2) Exhausted, hungry, excited and clueless.
    3) None this week. 
    4) Rant- I want my bed.
    Raves- made it to week 10 before morning sickness hit!
    Questions: (1) are any of you guys into natural or holistic approaches? (2) is anyone other than me completely paranoid of all toxic chemicals in your makeup and beauty products? I'm starting to feel insane haha but mostly Im just a first time mom and extremely cautious.
    5) Gardening.