July 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3.20.17

Bitch away ladies!  
Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3.20.17

• DS was up throwing uncharacteristic tantrums half the night. I have no idea why, and neither does he (or so it seems). As a result, I woke up with an enormous headache that I cannot get rid of, and decided to call into work.
  • Loading the player...
  • oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited March 2017
    @chiquita928 waking up with a headache is the worst. I hope your day improves!

@JulyBaby17 I'm so glad you and your DH were able to talk and that he is taking your concerns seriously and is trying to make improvements. Also, I know exactly how you feel about maternity clothes.  DH and I went out this weekend and I realized I have NOTHING that fits into the non-work, non-workout loungewear category. I tried to put on a non-maternity top that was really flowy and big and immediately regretted that decision... I looked like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy when he does the "fat man in a little coat" bit. It was not the best way to start the night. Have you tried Old Navy for maternity clothes? I don't normally shop there, but I've got a few maternity pieces on sale so they didn't break the bank.

My Monday Bitchfest is my health insurance company. I am severely allergic to bee stings/insect bites. Every March I need to get my Epi-pen filed. Insurance denied filing it for some unknown reason, and now I have to spend part of my workday coordinating between my doctor, insurance, and the pharmacy to get a medication my life depends on... awesome. Andplusalso I've had this prescription filled without issues for years. Not sure what the holdup is now.

Edit because autocorrect owns me. 
  • @JulyBaby17 I'm glad things are improving with your husband, it can get hard sometimes. 

Also in the same boat: nothing fits me!! I really can't wait for nicer weather so all I can wear are dresses! I haven't bought many maternity pants only because I was hoping I can make it with what I fit into until all I have to do is slip on a dress. 

My MB: me and DH made an amazing copy cat Joe's Crab Shack steam pot (ours was way better)  ;) last night for dinner.... but now I'm having the worst gas, and not doing to well in the bathroom  :/
  • My SIL (who is going through a "mid-life crisis") left my DD's birthday party less than an hour into it to go to a concert. The thing that irks me the most is that if I had done that to any of her kids back when she actually was a parent, I would have been torn a new ass hole. But it's ok that she's a twat now, because she's "going through stuff". Eff you, biatch. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Yes, Old Navy maternity is great! It's been the only brand that's really fit me. Sadly, the Old Navy here doesn't have maternity so I have to order online, and they always seem to be sold out of my size! 
  • @JulyBaby17  That's great to hear.  I've had similar convos with my DH (not about drinking/going out) but just lack of help around the house and expecting more.  He's been better as well and it makes me happy/excited that he's trying.

@chiquita928 Feel better!  That's the worst.  At least you can stay home and hopefully rest today.

My MBF is that I couldn't get on TB most of the weekend.  I feel like I missed so much in 2 days.  :(
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• edited March 2017
    My BF is to inanimate objects (if that's possible).

I work in Fine Jewelry and we have a big trunk show coming up where we need to do at least $25,000 in 1 day. Well my counter is testing my patience. First the computers, registers, case lights decide to go out and there is still one that will randomly turn off even after it being fixed. Then over the weekend, one of the lights in the ceiling goes out causing our counter to be in a dark area instead of lit like it should be. They replace the bulbs and they go out 2 hours later but there was no one here to replace them anymore. Then this morning, they're back on again...... Ugh
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• My MBF goes to the guy that rear-ended me an hour ago on the way to work this morning. I was stopped at an intersection waiting to turn right with my blinker on and the guy that was tailgating me earlier hit me! He wasn't going very fast, but it was enough to give me a jolt. I called my midwife and I'm heading into the hospital so they can monitor baby for 4 hours. It's so frustrating that so many people don't pay attention on the road. 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) - I've been in two accidents and they were both from being rear ended. The first time I was driving like 20mph during rush hour on an interstate and the guy kept weaving in and out. He hit me and then drove off the exit. Asshole. He didn't hit me hard but I was upset bc I was out of town and didn't know what to do. 
    The second time I was stopped at a red light and a truck came and smashed into me. He didn't have insurance and wasn't supposed to be driving bc he was on oxygen and awaiting a heart transplant! 

It's so frustrating. I hope you and baby are fine and insurance isn't a hassle! 
  • SpongeWorthySpongeWorthy member
    edited March 2017
    @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) oh no!  I hope you and your baby are alright.  That would really piss me off.

edited: typo
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) What a scary situation! I've been rear-ended like that twice, because people don't pay enough attention (both times by students), so I know exactly the "jolt" you mean! I hope everything looks good at the hospital! Keep us posted!
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) So sorry that happened!  Hope all is well for you and your baby!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LuLiLaEvLuLiLaEv member
    edited March 2017
    @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) It's so scary anytime something like that happens but especially pregnant!! Hope everything goes smoothly at the hospital and the monitoring is just for precaution and peace of mind! Keep us posted!

edit:word
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) I hope everything turns out perfect, car accidents and ER visits are scary and a pain. 
  • @chiquita928 as a member of the my baby never sleeps though the night and a new member of the toddler throwing daily tantrums group - I feel your pain with that combination - it sucks!  Hope the headache passes soon!

@oheliza44 WTF at the insurance company!

@JulyBaby17 have you tried stitchfix?  I have more misses than hits but did get a couple cuter pieces too.

@Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) how scary!  Hope everything is okay - keep us posted!

My bitchin goes out to my midwife who I love - but seriously over an hour wait the last two appointments as if I have nothing better to do all day!  Come on!!!
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) That's so scary! Hope you and your baby are fine!

@JulyBaby17 I'm glad you and your husband had a good talk. Honestly, I've seen some of the same issues that came up when I was pregnant come up once my son arrived. It's really important to be able to talk through your issues. 

My mbf is that I let my cousin's wife borrow my snoogle and then my best friend. I finally got it back, and it was all mushy and misshapen, and I've slept horribly with it! I think I have to get a replacement. Ugh. 
  • I hate tailgaters for that reason. I hope you're ok, @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified)!
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) - I hope you and your baby are okay. Sorry to hear that happened to you and that there's no issues with insurance.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @caribbeanmama I blame a burst of postpartum hormones. I clearly wasn't thinking straight. My husband never touched my snoogle, but I'm seriously skeeved out right now. 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) hope all goes well with monitoring!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) sorry to hear about the accident. hoping you and baby are doing well! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) hope everything is OK. FX for you and LO. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• For anyone else who need clothes that fit, Old Navy has 40% off with coupon code SPRING. 

Thank you all for your support with my husband. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this does come up again after baby comes, but I know he tries. He's not perfect (who is?) but I feel better knowing he's trying to be more supportive. 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) that sounds horrible! I hope your trip to the ER is uneventful and you are cleared to go home soon.
  • @julybaby17 - I meant to comment about your post. I'm glad you were able to talk to DH and he was receptive. I hope it stays that way. I think it's a good start that he's trying and didn't blow you off. 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) Glad you and baby are doing ok.  So sorry that jerk hit you!  Did you get his info so his insurance can pay for any damage to your car or did he drive away?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ohhh I'm so sorry!! So glad you and baby are  okay!!!I hope you get a hold of that jerk! Just relax now and pamper yourself so sorry you had to go through this. @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified)
  • @Dovahkiin_99 (formerly Wee Bit Terrified) glad to hear it all looks good so far... what a stressful load of bs!!

My MBF is my MIL (very cliche but she's normally got her act together). We have not announced on social media and I've been very clear with everyone that I'm not sure if we will do so and I would ask they not post anything until/unless I do. Wellllll my SIL is due four weeks before me and she had a shower this past weekend. My MIL posted a picture of my SIL on FB and in the comments of that picture said (to one of her misc friends) "oh and Potterphile and her DH are due on 7/26! We don't know what (gender) they're having!" completely unsolicited. 

i know she did it because she's excited but HOLY CRAP THANKS. So now I'm stewing and trying to decide whether I should yell at her. Wouldn't even be a question if her father wasn't in the hospital but I'm trying to play nice. I honestly just don't understand why other people need to share MY news first and on social media no less when she knows how I feel about it. We've already had some questions about her ability to understand that this isn't her baby so it's not too surprising she also thinks it's her news to tell the world. 

Lesson learned I guess? Now she will be finding out the gender when social media finds out. 
  • @Potterphile that would really make me steamed. I'd have my husband mention it to her. Your mom, your prob, right?
  • @Potterphile UGH that's so maddening!!! We haven't put anything on Facebook either, and my FIL went ahead and posted that we're having a boy! Luckily, my husband was just as pissed as I was, and he took care of it. I don't know what's so hard to understand about letting people announce their own news. We're not some story to post to garner likes. 
  • @Potterphile we were so worried about my mom being the one to do that before we had the chance to even tell all of our friends ourselves back when we first started telling people. She had done it once before with some of our wedding photos and I had to ask her to take them down, so we had a whole speech worked out ahead of time about why it was so important for us. Turns out that for some reason she doesn't want any of her coworkers to know that I'm pregnant so I'm extremely thankful that we dodged that bullet. 

Hopefully your husband can make her understand, and hopefully not too many people see her unsolicited comment before it gets taken down. 
  • Thanks for your commiseration @ljd2010 and @CapricaAndrea (also how odd about your mom and her coworkers but the less the merrier!) My husband got her to remove it but not before my mother (who knew that I would be pissed when I saw the status) LIKED IT thereby spreading it to all of her friends (I.e. All of our family ... many of them do not know about the pregnancy and will maybe never know because they aren't in my life). 

It is really quite odd the fascination with social media like my MIL cant just express her excitement in real life to me or her friends or any of the tons of ppl who know. It doesn't count unless it's posted online somewhere. I feel like the older generation gives us crap about it but they do it at least as bad. I don't want my pregnancy to be fodder/gossip/just another item on the scroll and I know it will be for many of the people on my "friends" list. Definitely time for a purge before I do any actual announcing.
  • My mom does weird stuff like that @capricaandrea's mom (not to mean your mom is weird!!). Like when I told her I was pregnant, I told her she couldn't tell anyone yet (I was only around 7 weeks and we weren't announcing until 12 weeks). So her reply was "ok. I'll just tell my coworkers you didn't tell me until you were 12 weeks."
    Who freaking cares?? Just tell them the truth! "I've known but she didn't want me telling anyone yet." No one cares. 
  • My MBF is at my hormones. I'm not a crier and if DH and I get into a tiff, automatic crying. Wtf?! I don't like this one bit!!!

My second that is just more of a rant. My friend always spells "weird" wrong. She spells it "wierd." Like, this is one of those words in English that has a ridiculous exception to the rule. The weirdest (lol) part is that I tried it on my phone (we have the same brand) and it doesn't autocorrect. Still. She just did it again and it's driving me nuts lol! Ya know crazy cat ladies? Yeah. I'm the crazy spelling lady! :P
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • My mom does weird stuff like that @capricaandrea's mom (not to mean your mom is weird!!). Like when I told her I was pregnant, I told her she couldn't tell anyone yet (I was only around 7 weeks and we weren't announcing until 12 weeks). So her reply was "ok. I'll just tell my coworkers you didn't tell me until you were 12 weeks."
    Who freaking cares?? Just tell them the truth! "I've known but she didn't want me telling anyone yet." No one cares. 
    You see, I don't get this. My in-laws were the same way. It's like they couldn't have knowledge about us without being able to tell everyone else immediately. "I feel like I'm lying to the neighbors when they ask how you are because we can't tell them you're pregnant." WTF? Or, when we found out we were having a girl, H didn't want them to tell a family friend because he wanted to tell her in his own time and his mom was practically distraught, like "We told her you were finding out today, what do I tell her if she asks about it?" And I was like, ".... just tell her H wants to tell her himself. It's not that difficult." -_-
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @stokesm21 So if by chance you both have iPhones I know that if you cancel out the correct it'll autocorrect to the misspelled word going forward! DH spells it werid from ONE misspelling and now he always has it say werid because it changes! Drives me nuts!!!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker