May 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/20

I think we could probably all use another one of these.

game of thrones hbo annoyed annoying cersei lannister GIF

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/20

• Loading the player...
  • hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited March 2017
    kayemjay2 said:
    I was to preface this by making it clear that I absolutely love Target...but why must they combine their maternity section with their "women" (plus sized) section? Pregnancy and plus size are not the same thing. Maternity clothes fit very differently. My local Target stores have maybe 3 racks of actual maternity clothes. So lame. 
    I don't think they are actually combining it, its just a continuation of women's clothes in general. My Target has juniors, regular fit, plus sized, and then maternity all in like a row down one section... 
    But then my moms Target has maternity actually in the kids section which is weird to me! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @bacorrea and @WombThereItIs I thought you'd appreciate this today! My man-child can basically do nothing by himself either. 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @kayemjay2 I agree! Mine has just juniors, women's,  clearance, plus size and maternity. The maternity and plus size racks are mixed together.

Also pissed at target, ordered a shirt online to wear for maternity pics but I didn't like it so went to return yesterday. Was told I cannot return it in store and have to call a number. Like wtf? I've never not been able to return an online order. The target lady was baffled too. So now I decide if one shirt is worth the hassle of getting my money bck. 
  • @hp_momma that is my life in a graphic right now. I am laugh-crying at it.

I think I get what @kayemjay2 means about target. Ours used to have it across the aisle from juniors/womens/plus by intimates and hoisery and after a remodel it is no longer a clear section of its own at all, it isn't labeled and is just a few racks of things in the middle of the plus section. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @kayemjay2 That's how my Target was, they were mixed and it was confusing! Well, now the moved the maternity completely which would be great except its like a whopping 2 racks now and the selection SUCKS.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I couldn't fall asleep till Midnight last night. I normally go to bed by/ around 10:30. This morning I've been running around and now I'm tired and cranky. I'm pissed at myself for messing up the infant CPR thing.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Add me to the annoyed with DH club! Yesterday DH told me that he was going to help me go through some stuff in our home office and get the furniture moved out so that we can get start prepping the room for paint for the nursery. He told me that he had to run to his parents house (15 mins away) to help his dad change his water filter and then he would be right back to help me. He ended up being gone from 11:00am to 3:30pm!! Then when he gets back he says he needs to move some stuff around in the basement to make room for the stuff from the office, decides he needs to vacuum the stairs to the basement...spends over an hour cleaning the shop vac with the air compressor and then vacuuming the stairs. By then DS and I were ready for dinner and needless to say another weekend has gone by with nothing getting done in the nursery! 

• @emilyalso I totally made a face when I saw Turkey. That's just...wrong. We don't do lamb, but we do brunch.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Right? I haven't bought a single thing because it's all so meh.

@mdlorenz Im sorry! That would realllllly upset me :(
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @mdlorenz Oh geez, I'm so sorry. That would have made my blood boil. :(
  • @mdlorenz - Ugh that has to be so hard biting your tongue all day, I don't know if I could do it! I'm so sorry! 

• @mdlorenz yeah, I'd be mad!  Could you speak to her supervisor or something? Nurses really need to be much more professional than that, especially when they are in a public area! 
  • @Kipperoo Oh HELL TO THE NO! You are a much better person than me because I would have been like NOPE. I have the PERFECT GIFin mind and I am so Bump illiterate that I don't know how to paste it in here :'(

@mdlorenz I am so sorry that is not cool. Hopefully, venting about it here helped a little bit.  If not, I say if you talk to the nurse you can always request something simple and preface it by saying "I hate to be finicky..." that is a good passive aggressive way to let her know you heard her without making too big a stink about it.  

My bitchfest, so last night I was making two casseroles to freeze for post-baby...and my husband walks in and say "Can I help?" and I replied with "yeah can you cut this onion please" so he cuts the onion and then just goes and sits down to watch TV and leaves me there cooking. Like seriously?? You are only good for one thing? I was so angry I couldn't even talk. I wanted to be like "HELLO over here still have more things you can help me with" But I was in a MOOD and didn't want to start anything because it would have escalated QUICKLY I'm sure and it just wasn't worth it. 
  • My toddler and the 30ish pounds behind her fell on to my stomach this morning. So I'm heading into my doctors office...may have to go in to triage. Blah.
  • @SparkySunDevil - OH NO! I hope everything is OK! 
  • Sorry you have to go in @SparkySunDevil but out of curiosity was it something in addition to the toddler body slam that sent you in? My son is 33lbs and routinely flys at me out of nowhere and I never think to go, just wondering if there are additional signs or something your doc told you to look out for?

May '17 labor memes
  • Sorry you have to go in @SparkySunDevil but out of curiosity was it something in addition to the toddler body slam that sent you in? My son is 33lbs and routinely flys at me out of nowhere and I never think to go, just wondering if there are additional signs or something your doc told you to look out for?
    I was going to say the same thing. My OB has always assured me that even my 5yr old wouldn't be able to harm the baby with their own strength (though I should discourage them from doing it). 
    Hopefully nothing is wrong if you had to go in! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Kipperoo said:
    @mdlorenz , that is completely unprofessional and ridiculous. I would be really upset if I were you. Maybe you could say something like "I was pumping this morning behind the curtain and overheard you talking about the schedule shift this morning...did you have an update for me so that I can plan xyz (maybe pumping schedule, or an errand away from the NICU?)" So, not directly calling her out on calling you finicky, but making it known that you heard her? That's a rough situation and you have every right to be upset. 
    I definitely think this would be a perfect way to let her know you heard her! So sorry you have to deal with that @mdlorenz on top of the normal stresses of NICU and newborns! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @mdlorenz I agree with previous posters. Even if you decide not to address the "finicky" comment directly, the nurse needs to know that you overhead. I like the suggestion about clarifying the schedule change.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @kayemjay2 That's how my Target was, they were mixed and it was confusing! Well, now the moved the maternity completely which would be great except its like a whopping 2 racks now and the selection SUCKS.
    I looked for nursing bras at my Target this weekend and found nothing. They did however, have 90 racks of impractical cami bras. 
  • I second everyone about the teeny maternity section at target.  Super lame.  
    @fbmandy55 that's so bad your target doesn't have nursing bras. Even though mine has basically zero maternity things they do have a ton of nursing bras and tanks and different brands.  Hope you find some soon.  

@mdlorenz that is so super lame.  I would feel the same way about not wanting to bring it up and be confrontational.  It is so hard to feel like you need to confront people when you're already stressed out.  However I would say that if someone heard me being unprofessional (which obviously I try hard not to be) I would rather know about it so I can check myself.  Its possible this health care professional would benefit from being reminded to keep her comments in line with appropriate patient care.  She would want the nurse of her family member to be professional so she needs to be too.  
  • @emilyalso - TURKEY?! no no no no no!

@mdlorenz - That would frustrate so much. How would she act in regards to parents who may be on edge? It's the friggin' NICU. There should be a little more sensitivity.

@SparkySunDevil - Ouch! Hope everything is okay.

I’m just annoyed in general today and the fact that my arm is covered in bruises from all the blood taking last week doesn’t help my mood. I wish they would hurry up and fade away.