Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms- Week 3/20

Happy Spring Y'all! 

What's going on this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms- Week 3/20

• Ok so I have a random question. Does anyone here color their hair regularly and if so, what are your plans for after you get KU? It seems like there are a lot of differing opinions about getting your hair colored while pregnant and I have no idea what to do. I have a hair appointment in a few weeks and I am thinking about going back to my natural color if possible but I'd rather not.
  • @JJMNO1616 I color my hair every 8 weeks or so and I plan on continueing to do so when I get pregnant again. I have a ton of greys though so I don't feel like stopping is an option. My doctor never said I had to stop either.
  • Loading the player...
  • @JJMNO1616  I have wondered the same thing.  I have super short hair and color it blonde.  Roots show up sooo easily and quickly.  I haven't discussed it with my doctor yet but I'd like to be able to continue to color as long as there would be no harm to the baby.
  • TW I canceled an appointment to get a cut/color when I found out I was pregnant.   Afterwards my girl let me know she uses products that are "safe" during pregnancy. I haven't looked into them so I'm curious what "safe" means exactly. Most of my girlfriends have continued to color their hair regularly. I'm on the fence about it.
  • I asked my girl about hat and she said it's fine. I'll ask my doctor eventually as well, but I think I'd be pretty hard pressed to stop - I go every 6 weeks. But I get bayalage, where they paint your hair, so it's not like soaking my head in dye for a long period of time.
  • @JJMNO1616 I do Ombre with my hair and I don't think I'll stop when I get KU, unless my doctor tells me otherwise. Since my roots are similar to my natural hair color, I do not have to get my hair dyed often, maybe once every 3-4 months. But even if I was coloring it more often like @TigerCakes and @ali_gator11 I would continue to do so. I think as long as your doctor is okay with it, you should be fine.  
  • JJMNO1616 I do it and did it when KU. My doctor said it was fine... and, as you know I am sure, EVERYTHING says "ask your doctor when pregnant or breastfeeding before you use this product" since they can't ethically test products on pregnant women. I remember seeing it on Crest White Strips... I mean, come on? I think you have to make a judgement call... but all of my friends who have had babies did it and nothing negative was reported! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• I went radical somemonths ago, and stopped dying my hair, even though I have a lot of grey. I started getting greys in my early 20ies, and I was just fed up with dying it after 12 years. TTGP was just the step I needed to encourage me to stop. I'm happy I did, although I think I'll be happier once my hair isn't half dyed and half not :)
  • I color my hair pretty often, I have greys too so I wouldn't want to stop because it looks awful, but if they told me I HAD to I would. I remember seeing somewhere that it's fine if it doesn't have ammonium in it? I haven't researched it or anything so who knows if it's true. I know plenty of pregnant ladies that have colored their hair though.
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies! I have been struggling with what to do and my hair appt is before my OB appointment next month. So I have to make a decision on what to do before I see my doctor. I'm standing in my friends wedding this July so if I am lucky enough to get KU before then I can't have crazy root problems going on. 
  • KTcakes87's BFP chart confirms my suspicion that FF is on some crackalack and has been predicting O dates wrong (at least I think it predicts mine wrong). I'm making sure DH and I GDTPT earlier then my chart has been recommending for TTC purposes. Whenever that day finally gets here! 
  • @JJMNO1616 I've been using Kindara (my cousin recommended it), and it's been pretty accurate for me. I have a hard time reading my chart on FF. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @jsnakehole Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check that out.  :)
  • @jsnakehole So I just downloaded the app and put in all my info in for the past month. It looks like for Kindara you have to indicate the temp shift yourself in order for the O date to generate? Just based just on CM it's telling me I O around CD13 but then when I indicate the temp shift it's moving O up to CD16 which is what FF says too. I think they are both wrong and I Oed on CD15  :D Oh well... I guess the moral of the story is HIO and cross your fingers. 
  • I am currently re-watching scrubs. It is the show that got me through organic chemistry in college. I kept saying 'if JD and Turk can get to med school, so can I'. I got it so much, and there is so much accurate stuff in the feelings of medicine. I love it so much!
  • @JJMNO1616 I actually haven't started temping. I've only been logging menstruation/CM but it's seemed accurate. It's been on the money for the last two cycles.

• @jsnakehole What are you taking into consideration when you say it's "been on the money"? Just that it pedicts when your fertile CM will be and when CD1 starts? 
  • Pretty much. As I said, I'm not temping yet (since I won't see DH until summer at the earliest), and I've only been charting seriously for two cycles. But it's helped me recognize when my body is moving to a new phase as best as I can without using an OPK.

• @kiwi2628 I used to love Scrubs! DH can't stand it. It's okay, I got back at him. The song they played during the montage at the series finale? Book of Love by Peter Gabriel. I walked down the aisle to it at our wedding. And he cried.

• @LoveInDC omg I love that song!

My H knows how much I love it, so when my H was proposing, he had the location play a song over the loudspeakers-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDUK_h_jxxQ

• @kiwi2628 Looove Scrubs! DH and I always have a sitcom show to watch before bed and Scrubs is one in our rotation. I think we've watched it twice through so far.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Side note: I just went to Target and holy mother of god - they have the cutest little kid clothes right now. I walked around like a creep, checking everything out and my uterus exploded. I might start buying things in secret lol. It's all very old lady in Palm Beach - but like, CUTE. 
    Perfect. Old Lady Palm Beach is my signature style  ;)
  • @kiwi2628 so weird. I actually started rewatching Scrubs last night! Got through the first 4 episodes. We actually own all of the DVDs. I love it. My DH & I have watched the whole series (even the college yrs season) more times than we can count. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @BreezyBee The baby/toddler clothes in Target kill me every time. Really, the baby/toddler clothes anywhere kill me...
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • I'm so glad I'm not in the TWW right now because I have been exhausted every night. (It also doesn't help that every time I'm tired in the TWW, DH says, "Fatigue!"--mostly as a joke, but BSC doesn't discriminate.)
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @LoveInDC i got my first stitch fix box. I loved it! I only kept 2 items, but I thought my stylist did a great job considering it was the first time and she's just getting to know me. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @Avrilmai That's so awesome! I'm glad I didn't give you bad advice :) Enjoy flaunting some new swag!
  • This rain is KILLLLLLLLING MEEEEEEE. It's going to rain and rain and rain all weekend. But that also means snuggling up in my jam jams and binge watching everything, so, you know, I guess Iran not that bad :)
  • Gahhhh I posted in TWW earlier that it seems to be a little warmer today, so I was going to take a good walk with dogs and kids. NOPE. It's snowing. Like a lot. Why you gotta be so crazy, weather? It's almost April! 
  • @MJDsquared I've been there a few times lol mostly with this one particular pair of underwear that I put on inside out EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Because of how the seems are and I get dressed in the dark so I don't wake DH in the morning. Lol oh well
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • So I just read a story... a ranch restaurant is opening is St. Louis. Where you can order a flight tasting of different ranch things...

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Avrilmai said:
    So I just read a story... a ranch restaurant is opening is St. Louis. Where you can order a flight tasting of different ranch things...
    This is my heaven. 

• I just heard of a Star Wars themed burlesque show happening on May 4th. Lord help me, I might put together an act for it. To the Cantina Band music.