September 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/20

Not ready for this week to start, so lets hear it. What has you bitching?

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/20

• Mine for the day is about a dumbass I work with. She is probably the laziest person I have ever worked with. She constantly asks others for "help", but then she just ends up letting then do all of the work. She always tries to be the "leader" but she doesn't have any of the knowledge and she is far from leadership potential. Not to mention we already have a pretty good team leader and a kick ass manager. She needs to sit back and either learn, or fly under the radar and let us continue to carry her load while she sits there and is quiet.

Ok rant over.

• Guys.... I don't have anything to bitch about today.... :flushed: 

@DPandMB UGH I hate when people do that. It's so frustrating. I hope she realizes she needs to sit down and let your team leader and manager handle things. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mrsmarygs said:
    WHAT? Where is @wyomama0427 and what have you done with her? You've been hacked!
    :joy::joy:
  • mrsmarygs said:
    WHAT? Where is @wyomama0427 and what have you done with her? You've been hacked!
    :joy::joy:
    Hehe, jk. Actually I'm really glad that you don't have anything to post. It means you and H have been making strides. :grin:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wyomama0427 I'm glad you don't have anything to post too. I'm so happy you and DH are working in the right direction.

• @cmar1006 I'm sorry. I'm having similar issues with a shower with my mom's family. They live about 8 hours away. My issue is just that I don't want to have to drive that far twice and I'm supposed to go to a wedding up there in April. I hope it works out for you. 

My BF today is that my exhaustion has hit the point of causing problems. It has made me grumpy all the time, which leads to me being less than nice to DH. I'll say something rude and then feel just awful about it. To his credit, DH could not handle it better. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • DPandMBDPandMB member
    edited March 2017
    @cmar1006 I'm sorry you have to go through that. I know how much that sucks. With my DD, my sister wanted to throw me a baby shower. Since she lives 4 hours away, she wanted to use my house. lacks follow through on her plans, so of course it ended up being on my shoulders. I had to clean my house so company could come over, go grocery shopping, plan the food and make it.  I was sick with borderline pre-eclampsia and on modified bed rest. I was 8 months pregnant when it happened. I had zero fun and was miserable. I don't know what would have made it better, but I feel your pain. Good luck.   

Edit, because I apparently no longer know the difference between DS and DD

• DPandMB said:
    @cmar1006 I'm sorry you have to go through that. I know how much that sucks. With my DS, my sister wanted to throw me a baby shower. Since she lives 4 hours away, she wanted to use my house. lacks follow through on her plans, so of course it ended up being on my shoulders. I had to clean my house so company could come over, go grocery shopping, plan the food and make it.  I was sick with borderline pre-eclampsia and on modified bed rest. I was 8 months pregnant when it happened. I had zero fun and was miserable. I don't know what would have made it better, but I feel your pain. Good luck.   
    My sister was supposed to throw me a baby shower for DS too! Only her lack of planning was worse and she made me think everything was going well and then I never had a baby shower...
  • DPandMB said:
    @cmar1006 I'm sorry you have to go through that. I know how much that sucks. With my DS, my sister wanted to throw me a baby shower. Since she lives 4 hours away, she wanted to use my house. lacks follow through on her plans, so of course it ended up being on my shoulders. I had to clean my house so company could come over, go grocery shopping, plan the food and make it.  I was sick with borderline pre-eclampsia and on modified bed rest. I was 8 months pregnant when it happened. I had zero fun and was miserable. I don't know what would have made it better, but I feel your pain. Good luck.   
    My sister was supposed to throw me a baby shower for DS too! Only her lack of planning was worse and she made me think everything was going well and then I never had a baby shower...
    That's horrible. I'm sorry. Maybe you can have a shower this time. I know you're "not supposed" to have a baby shower for #2, but if you never got one the first time, seems to me you should get one.

• @DPandMB after he was born she told me we were going to have a "welcome to the world" party/shower, and that didn't happen either. I was so disappointed at the time but I don't think I want to have one now, so much of my family hasn't even met DS, or even tried, I don't think they really care that we're having another lol. Oh well! 
  • MrsJessSMrsJessS member
    edited March 2017
    Oh man. So far not a terrible Monday overall. But my BF of the day is still freaking insurance. DH joined the Natuonal Guard back in January. It was supposed to take 2 weeks to process him in the system. It has now been 7 weeks and I am freaking out because I think we are going to miss this cut off too and now I won't have insurance until May 1 potentially. And the one doctor here that will take TriCare can't even give me a cash cost for a first visit. Just "$520 up front and we will bill you for the rest" w no idea what range the rest will be. I'm so frustrated with this whole thing! (P.S. please don't judge because I had good insurance through my job when we decided to try for a baby but I was unexpectedly let go a week before we found out our trying worked) :(

edited because mobile
  • MrsJessS said:
    Oh man. So far not a terrible Monday overall. But my BF of the day is still freaking insurance. DH joined the Natuonal Guard back in January. It was supposed to take 2 weeks to process him in the system. It has now been 7 weeks and I am freaking out because I think we are going to miss this cut off too and now I won't have insurance until May 1 potentially. And the one doctor here that will take TriCare can't even give me a cash cost for a first visit. Just "$520 up front and we will bill you for the rest" w no idea what range the rest will be. I'm so frustrated with this whole thing! (P.S. please don't judge because I had good insurance through my job when we decided to try for a baby but I was unexpectedly let go a week before we found out our trying worked) :(

edited because mobile

That stinks. Do you know if Cobra is an option through your old job?

• @DPandMB it was ... but the cost was incredibly high and now I am past the 60 day window. I made the mistake of believing it would work out in a semi timely fashion. This is not DHs first time w military though so I should know better!!
  • I'm having anxiety about maternity clothes.  I feel like it's way to early for me to buy things, b/c I'm not sure what size I'll end up being.  But I'm also terrified that I'm going to wake up one day and nothing fits.  *waaaahhhhhh*
    pity party mr crabs small violin GIF
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @MrsJessS boo. I'm sorry. Fingers Crossed it will magically come through this week.

• @cats*in*space Do you have a Pea in a Pod or Motherhood Maternity near you? I believe both have bumps you can put on to try with clothes which can help make sure pieces will fit come third trimester!
  • MrsJessSMrsJessS member
    edited March 2017
    @DPandMB thanks!!
    @cats*in*space yes! I am feeling the same way. It's very intimidating for some reason. The idea of going in Motherhood Maternity legitimately makes me feel so overwhelmed. But things are starting to I feel snug in a bad way
  • @Cats*in*space and @MrsJessS  Maternity clothing is generally sized so that you should fit in whatever size you were beforehand.  For example, if you're a medium, you should be a medium in maternity clothes.  
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ColoradoHiker thanks :) I'm not as worried about sizing...mostly just weirdly apprehensive about buying the stuff. Without a Dr appointment yet I feel like maybe I'm jinxing things or something. I'm anxious by nature though lol
  • MBF- My in-laws are driving me crazy with the constantly changing schedules we've been juggling lately, in regards to where DS is going and on what day of the week.  The in-laws watch him full time, so they get a lot of leeway from me, and usually they come to our house 3x a week, and I drop him off at theirs 2x a week.  The days have been changing constantly for the past month, and I asked last week that we just get back to a consistent schedule again, whatever it is.

But they only have one car, and now FIL wants to change the schedule again, and for me to give up my normal gym days, so that he can join a running club.  I would have to go to the gym two days in a row, in the middle of the week.  It doesn't make sense, especially since DH and I see a trainer in the evenings on one of those days, and I'm pissed.  I'm giving up my only 'me' time that I have, so he can go join a running club.  I'm not cool with it, but they hit me with it this morning, when I was already not in a great mood.  
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Cats*in*space I did wake up this past week, and suddenly nothing fit! I didn't love the fake belly at motherhood maternity, though, because the back is flat, and I'm already definitively showing, so it sat funny on me. But I bought my usual size, mediums, and they fit me well now, but with the ruching and stretchiness, I have plenty of room to grow. I've just accepted that I'll probably have to buy new shirts and dresses in the last few month, because anything that would fit me then swamps me now. 

• @amandarene112 we lived in Manhattan while I was pregnant with DD and about 8 months after. Then we made the journey out to New Jersey. It's definitely cheaper in Jersey, but I wouldn't trade any of the experiences we had in Manhattan! If you have any questions let me know! I know some great spots that I still love to take DD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsJessS said:
    @ColoradoHiker thanks :) I'm not as worried about sizing...mostly just weirdly apprehensive about buying the stuff. Without a Dr appointment yet I feel like maybe I'm jinxing things or something. I'm anxious by nature though lol
    @mrsjessS- I was this way my first pregnancy. I just ordered stuff and kept it in the box with the receipt. I figured if something bad happened, I could easily return it, but it was there if I needed it.
  • jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited March 2017
    I'm a microbiologist, I do environmental monitoring at a big company. Any time work is done in a clean space (like duct work, any kind of construction, etc) the space has to be monitored by me/us before it can be released back to the lab workers.

This work should have been done by 11, leaving me plenty of time before lunch to do the work. Wasn't done until just after 12. So here I am, walking the rounds, watching the air sampler count down 60 seconds, take a couple steps, watch it tick down 60 more seconds.... For an hour. And I have a plating to do immediately when I get back. I might get to go to lunch around 2. I am now a cranky pregnant lady.

Oh!! And someone just poked his head on and said the humidity in the room is way too low, there's no way they'll open this lab today. Super glad I gave up my normal lunch time
  • My bitch is people, especially family, but also friends, who act like us moving to New York City with a baby is the worst idea ever. You'd think the whole city is the projects, or a war zone, they way they talk.  Aside from that, you tell people that's where you've moving, and EVERYONE has an opinion. "Oh, that's so expensive! Why not live in Jersey? Can you afford to live in Manhattan? Ugh, you won't like that neighborhood, too quiet. That neighborhood is too far from your husbands office, he'll hate it! You can't live there, you'll look like hipsters!" Like, if one more person tells me how expensive it is as if that had never occurred to me, I'm going to get sarcastic and unpleasant. No shit, Sherlock, I didn't know, tell me more obvious things! And if we took everyone's advice on neighborhoods, we'd never live anywhere, because everyone seems to have something against each neighborhood. Can't live in Harlem, not gentrified enough! Oh, but you can't live in Chelsea either, too gentrified!

I'm going to start handing out a little card every time we tell someone we're moving. "Yes, we know Manhattan is expensive. Yes, we are aware that raising a child there will be very different from the way we were raised, but millions of people do it successfully every year. Yes, we know our chosen neighborhood is quiet/a bit of a commute for DH. No, we don't care what you think, or where you think we should live instead. If you have a suggestion for a great restaurant, or a subway-friendly stroller, we'd be happy to hear those, otherwise, no comments are necessary." 
    @amandarene112- I lived in Manhattan almost 7 years, DH lived there for the better part of 20 years. We live in the burbs now, but I won't lie and say I don't miss it. There are challenges to babies ANYWHERE you live, period. And Manhattan has some really cool, really unique perks! There are some days I am really happy we left, but there are other days I wish we had stayed. Lucky for us, we are just a short train ride into the city. It is such a fun place to live and tons of people have babies there every day. People need to mind their own.
  • My bitch goes to this plumber who is supposed to be at my house. He was supposed to arrive between 12-1 and isn't here yet (it is 12:45). I know he is still in his window, but I have this sinking sensation he isn't coming and I will have to reschedule. And that annoys me. I should add that it is warm and sunny outside for the first time in weeks and I would much rather be outside with DD than sitting in my stupid house.
  • My complaint is against myself.  I thought I'd wash the dogs after work. We'll lifting a 35lb dog in/out of the tub plus bending over to wash my 12lb one has flared up the back pain like no other.  I pushed through it to blow dry and brush them but now I just want to retire on the couch until this baby is born.  
  • @sarahufl not sure I've asked before... where are you located? I'm on the Northern Jersey Shore. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cmar1006 said:
    @sarahufl not sure I've asked before... where are you located? I'm on the Northern Jersey Shore. 
    southern westchester
  • @beccam1230 ugh I still have morning sickness too. I'm so sick of it! :( I just want to feel better and eat like a normal person again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @LuckyPenny1231 I know!! I told DH exactly that yesterday, I so badly want to eat like a normal person. Most of the past 9 or so weeks, I've been eating like a toddler. When I do crave real food, by the time I get it, it makes me sick. Oh to feel well again...
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I actually have nothing to bitch about today.... it's been a pretty darn good day. 
  • Here's mine..... My sister in law ( hubby's sister) has two kids a 13y & 7y, that don't live with her or she take care of unless it befits her. The kids live with my in laws. This weekend she tells her parents and brothers that she is pregnant again with her new husbands kid. Her due date is Nov 9th. Her new husband has 5 kids already that he nearly never  sees. I'm over like she does not need to reproduce and why does she have to be pregnant at the same time as me. She and I don't get along because I tell her like it is and she needs to grow up she is 36 years old. The poor in laws are now going to have to keep a newborn when she wants to go party. 
    Married since 8/18/2006
    ***** TTC #1 since July 2012
    **** BFP #1 10/23/12 Mabry Hart- Born 7/2/13
    ***** Surprise *****BFP #2 1/13/2017 Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    @FutureBabyLMom She definitely sounds like she doesn't need to be having any more children. Especially since she isn't caring for her two oldest. It always boggles my mind when people will continue having children when they don't take care of the ones they already have. 

ETA: If I were her parents, I would put my foot down and not agree to take the baby so that she can party. However, from the sound of it it seems as though her parents are a safer place for those children to be. :( 
  • @Msashley2010 Yes her parents is the safest place. They know it's not the kids fault that their mom is crappy. My poor inlaws. 
    Married since 8/18/2006
    ***** TTC #1 since July 2012
    **** BFP #1 10/23/12 Mabry Hart- Born 7/2/13
    ***** Surprise *****BFP #2 1/13/2017 Pregnancy Ticker