November 2017 Moms

Symptoms thread for the week of March 11

Re: Symptoms thread for the week of March 11

• I am 7 weeks.  Up until today I have had minor cramping sometimes.  This morning I did a yoga class that had some crunch like ab workout.  Ever since I have had cramping all day and it's more medium intensity.  I am wondering it the ab workout could have triggered a miscarriage.  I track my BBT and I woke up at 2:30am so I decided to take my temp and it seems to have dropped.  But this is not the normal time I take it.  Any thoughts?
  • slavenslaven member
    edited March 2017
    @Gonflable123 I wouldn't trust the BBT temp since it's not a normal time for you. At 7 weeks the baby should be pretty well established so I'm not sure how well a temp drop would be at indicating a MC. It could be that the ab workout spurred on some more intense round ligament pain or other ligament/muscle pain. As long as there's no bleeding, I'd just log the pain so that it could be discussed with the OB. Do you have an 8 week appointment?

eta: My pregnancy app even suggest some light ab workouts, like leg lifts. With yoga I bet you weren't using heavy weights or anything like that so it's probably just soreness. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Loading the player...
  • @slaven thank you for the reassurance!  Losing sleep over here!  I'm hoping that what you suggest is the case, which totally makes sense.  I actually have my first appointment on Tuesday AM.  Hopefully the cramping subsides soon.  
  • I am 7 weeks.  Up until today I have had minor cramping sometimes.  This morning I did a yoga class that had some crunch like ab workout.  Ever since I have had cramping all day and it's more medium intensity.  I am wondering it the ab workout could have triggered a miscarriage.  I track my BBT and I woke up at 2:30am so I decided to take my temp and it seems to have dropped.  But this is not the normal time I take it.  Any thoughts?
    Call your dr. No one here can tell you if the cramping is normal or if anything is wrong. If you think it's really out of the ordinary call the dr and request to be seen. Secondly, what triggers MC is a highly debatable topic. You cannot tell what's really causing the cramping so getting checked will be the best reassurance you will get. 
  • @Gonflable123 Have you been bleeding? Typically a miscarriage wouldn't happen instantaneously... Have you gone to the bathroom lately? Exercise can sometimes get #2 moving and if you've been constipated, the cramps can be a little intense. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 @Gonflable123 good point about getting a bowel movement started. I've been constipated since my BFP. DH and I had sex and this sounds weird but I finished and had super strong cramps. We both thought something was wrong but I ended up just having a big BM. Must have been a good orgasm
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Gonflable123Gonflable123 member
    edited March 2017
    Good questions!  I have not been bleeding.  In fact this morning (TMI) I had a rather large bowel movement and now feel great!  Abs are still sore, but no more cramps.  Wow I was so worried. Glad that is behind me...for now!  Thank you all for the support!
  • Here is a list of foods that will help. Don't wait until you're already constipated!
    https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=173130
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @Gonflable123 I'm glad you're feeling better!

• So one dr on Thursday said I had RLP and another said it was too early for that. I read TB's article on RLP and I think I definitely have that right now especially after reading it's common to have a sharp pain if you move quickly a certain way or cough etc. Anytime I twist my torso it happens. Annoying but I also love signs of baby!

• @DuchessOfCambridge I definitely have RLP or some kind of stretching. Here's a weird fact -- the RE told me that by 7.5 weeks, your uterus will have doubled in size. So that stretching you're feeling is very real!

• @DuchessOfCambridge and @adirat I also think I have this.  I already have joint and ligament issues in my hips which I think is contributing to RLP. I'm not a doctor lol but it makes sense in my head. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My abdominal cramping is up high, right under my ribs, last night it was actually burning. I have an active job and did plenty of shoveling this week but idk why my upper abdomen would hurt so much. That and the extreme bloat that feels like extreme tight pressure are the two biggest symptoms I have as well as bigger sore boobs. 
  • @MaximumEffort Whenever I have that, it's almost always gas and constipation. Hope it goes away soon for you.

• @NYTino24 it is most definitely not constipation. I have been taking gas-x since I know most of the bloating was gas. 
  • Anyone else with super itchy eyes? Mostly at nighttime when I'm tossing and turning attempting to sleep. Three nights in a row I've had to put in drops. It's so itchy! 

• Well this is new, while eating my normal spinach, kale and grilled chicken salad for lunch all at once the spinach made me gag and I had to spit it out! That's new .

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Furmommy it's funny when I first found out I was pregnant all I wanted was a salad. Hopefully this is a one day thing bc I premade salads for lunches this week. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211  When I first found out I was pregnant all I wanted was apples and pineapples, I can eat them now, but I want is not very good food... tator tot hot dish, popcorn chicken, oh well...
  • Has anyone else had cold sores as a symptom? I've had three already! I used to never get them and now they don't stop coming :(
  •  The only vegetables that seem appealing are Panera salads.... Ha, is this a symptom? A potentially very expensive symptom?
  •  @jess0211 Kale was my nemesis my last pregnancy. I already can't eat the salads I made for lunch either. I did find that having a salad in a wrap was one way I could trick myself into eating veggies.
  • 5w2d (sorry no ticker yet) and I'm symptom-free so far. BUT I have had influenza A for the past 8 days. I've never been so sick for so long. At first, I was mad that my happy time between BFP and MS (mine has started just before 6 weeks in the past, and lasted til 20 weeks) was spent being terribly sick, but in hind sight as it improves, I'm so thankful that I wasn't having MS/PG exhaustion on top of the influenza!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Hopeful87 that's a great idea!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Furmommy and @jess0211 my first time around any form of salad, veggie, or meat made me gag.  I lived on bread and cheese for most of my pregnancy (not really complaining bc I love me some carbs and cheese!  Haha)

@MississippiCatfish were you in July 14 or August 15?  Your SN/pic seem so familiar!

My main symptom is still being super thirsty all the time, which makes me have to pee alllll the time.  This appleseed isn't even pushing on my bladder and i'm already peeing all the time!

• Haha @DuchessOfCambridge, mine too! At least, my nipples are super tender while the rest of the boob is pretty normal feeling, although they're definitely getting bigger! Mine were pretty small to begin with, so it seems like a big deal :)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @TallMomma29 One thing I've noticed is that not only am I thirstier, but when I drink my normal amount of water, my urine is much more concentrated/darker so it seems like I actually do need that extra water and it's not just random thirst. Like before I could have 6-8 glasses a day and have light/clear urine but now I need some extra water for light/clear urine. 

I've lost a few lbs since my BFP even though I have no MS. DH offered me a Klondike bar last night and I said no to it. I've just had a smaller appetite. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven same here.  I definitely need the extra water bc I feel all dehydrated otherwise and my pee is pretty dark (especially in the morning).  How does such a tiny thing need so much water??  :D

• @TallMomma29 I wonder if it's from the increased blood volume
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven I think you are right and it's not just the appleseed consuming all of that water (although I like to picture a cartoon seed in there chugging from a water cooler nonstop)!  

• @slaven @TallMomma29 My pee has definitely turned a fabulous fluorescent yellow color because of my prenatals.... so maybe that might be a factor?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @lahansen I bet it's partially the prenatals too.  Also that just reminded me that I need to take one today.

• car1acar1a member
    @Furmommy @jess0211 @Hopeful87 @TallMomma29 Same here! Last week I made a rice, broccoli, and kale mix (with hot sauce - it tastes better than it may sound!) for lunches and could only eat it for one day. I thought that the broccoli was turning me off, but I later pinpointed that it was more the kale. I then had a nice, normally appealing spinach/strawberry/walnut salad and finally had DH eat it tonight because I just couldn't bring myself to eat it over the past few days. I thought spinach had escaped the aversion but apparently not. Like you, I hope this doesn't last! I have had to stop pre-planning lunches and meals because I've become so particular.
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • @slaven I've noticed the same thing. I've been drinking 64 oz of water a day and my urine is still pretty dark. Before pregnancy it would have been clear!

• car1acar1a member
    @DuchessOfCambridge mine didn't start to get sore until right around week 5 also, but they've been sore since! I find it to be my #1 most reliable symptom now. When TTC and during the TWW I never had sore BBs, but I also never do during PMS so I thought maybe that was why. Also btw, right after mine got sore they also definitely got larger over the past week!
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I had the SAME reaction the first day mine were sore  :D

• Anyone else have a heightened sense of hearing while pregnant?  Everything sounds sooo loud.  I was ready to divorce my husband the other night because he was eating chips so ridiculously loud, but it just now occurred to me that everything has been super loud.  This happened last time too--I kept thinking my appliances were breaking bc I heard every little noise they made, and when my neighbor's dogs barked it sounded like they were IN my house.   It's so weird!