August 2017 Moms

ftm check-in week of 3/20

How far along are you?

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: ftm check-in week of 3/20

• How far along are you? 18 weeks and 4 days :)

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Last week was just a routine check-up with the midwife, we heard the heartbeat :). In one week, my anatomy scan...can't wait! 

Cravings? Just food! I feel like I'm always hungry. And anything sweet! 

Rants/raves? Just want this week over with, can't wait for the AS!!

Questions for FTM, STM+? I still feel paranoid that something isn't right. Either I feel my belly should be bigger or 'what was that feeling', are you FTMs still feeling this way? 

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? It has to be that first two weeks when everything starts to blossom. Weather starts to warm up, but not too warm, and it's before the bugs start coming in...
  • How far along are you? 20+4

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Tomorrow, the big ultrasound- yay!

Cravings? Still sugar. Had an amazing Cuban quesadilla last night that had plantains in it. Yum, plantains! 

Rants/raves? Insomia, congestion, being in-between normal pants and maternity pant sizing. I waived the white flag on maternity pants because even with a Bella Band, sitting all day at a desk in my usual tight pants is just so uncomfortable. The pair I'm wearing today is a little too loose (I have to pull them up after walking around or walking up stairs), but it feels so much better sitting down. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? "Nursing bras"- nursing t-shirts, nursing tank tops, nursing t-shirts/dresses- worth the extra money, or just a convenience gimmick?  

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? Seeing the flowers start blooming in all the flower beds and seeing buds on the trees and the baby ducks in the parks! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    19+4

none

Cravings?
    Kiwi! I was at a wedding this weekend and I  swear I ate every single piece of kiwi on that table.  Then I went to the store and bought a bunch.  I can't stop eating them!

Rants/raves?
    rave: Feeling her move more! I can't wait until it's an everyday thing!
    rant: sinus infection

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    at what point can you start feeling kicks from the outside? DH is dying to feel her move, he keeps telling me it's not fair that I get to feel her and he can't (although I think it's perfectly fair!)

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring?
    Well I live in Louisiana so we don't get much of a spring per say, but I'd say my favorite thing is that one or two days we get of just perfect, beautiful weather where we arent dying of heat stroke! Also, all the pretty flowers and fresh vegetables out of gardens!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    17+5
    Last week had a totally normal appt. I think doc forgot to order a urine test, though. 
    Cravings?
    Carbs carbs carbs. I just want to sit down with a loaf of bread.
    Rants/raves?
    So. Much. Dry. Skin. I try to lotion up constantly, but when I get undressed it's like a sandstorm (super gross, sorry)
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Does anyone have issues with their eyesight or hearing while pregnant? I feel like both have been a little fuzzy for me. 
    The noticeably longer days! I'd normally say something about things turning green, but there's a fresh layer of snow on top of all the old snow here, and green seems like it's a long way off. 
  • @DeansGirl14 the nursing bras, tank etc. were all worth it to me. It makes for quick and easy access when its time to feed LO. I also think the nursing clothes are so comfy!!!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @jacksonbears I feel the same way.. I've felt a few kicks here and there, but then start to freak out because a day goes by and I don't feel anything. I don't think your bump size has anything to do with what's going on in there haha. Baby is still relatively small, so it's not like you're expected to have a huge belly at this point! Is your doctor satisfied with everything/weight gain, etc..?

@NatSprat0703 I ate kiwis for a week straight haha. Now I'm so sick of them ugh. They're super good for you, though! 

How far along are you? 
    19 weeks 5 days

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? A/S Friday - FINALLY. I've been dying for this appointment. Everything has come back low risk so far, but I can't help worrying that everything else is developing properly. 

Cravings? None at the moment.

Rants/raves? Rave: my cousin has a 2 year old daughter and just dropped off two huge plastic totes of 0-3 mo baby clothes. I am so relived to have hand me downs.. they're in pretty good shape, too! Mainly onesies, pants, socks, sleepers, etc.. Now I can just buy a few cute "special" outfits here and there and focus on 3-6 + !

Questions for FTM, STM+? We have our first prep class at the hospital tonight. "My Pregnant Body" - oh boyyy should be interesting. Apparently they make the dads wear a simulated belly so they can feel how much extra weight we'll eventually be carrying around in third tri. Has anyone else taken classes and have they been helpful or a waste of time?

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? That first day I don't have to wear my winter coat is fabulous. Plus, seeing my dog roll around in the grass is the cutest thing ever. We also have beautiful nature trails that go all around my office, so I love taking walks outside as a break from work! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jacksonbears I am right there with you, no real belly yet! In clothes you can't even tell I'm pregnant. It was starting to bother me little bit but I know there will be a time in the near future where there is no mistaking being pregnant haha And all the little movements are helping, too. 

How far along are you?
    18+2
    Anatomy scan on Thursday!
    Cravings?
    I could still eat 15 bowls of Special K with Red Berries a day. 
    Rants/raves?
    Currently studying for an exam. I cannot wait to graduate and have my life back!
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    None that I can think of..
    Being able to get outside and walk/run. I feel so bad for my dog who is stuck inside too, we will get out more when the snow is melted. My favorite thing would have to be the flowers as they bloom, they smell heavenly!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think I've posted on here yet...better late than never, hopefully lol 

How far along are you?
    20 weeks today! Halfway! 

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? A/S Saturday: don't know the results yet but we're having a girl! And a regular monthly appt tomorrow 

Cravings? Forever in the mood for fruit 

Rants/raves? I'm convinced the 2nd tri energy boost is a myth 

Questions for FTM, STM+? I'm blanking 

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? not much of a spring here more like straight to summer but I love that it's not freezing as soon as the sun goes down.. yay for warmer nights 
  • @littlebeansma Of course! Happy you're joining in, it's always more fun when lots of people comment/post.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    20 weeks 5 days
    anatomy scan last week. Having a boy!

Cravings?
    potato chips

Rants/raves?
    Rant: my spring break is over and I'm back to work
    rave: getting really excited about having a boy after thinking it was a girl all along

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    When might I feel kicks on the outside? DH really wants to feel him move
    Flowers blooming and warmer weather
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @secicc12 doctors were happy with all the progress so far. They said my weight gain was right on track. I can't help but be paranoid! Good luck with the A/S on friday!!!!
  • How far along are you? 20+4

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Just got back from the 20wk!! We knew gender, but everything is checking in healthy, in place, and on schedule!!

Cravings? Chips, fruit. Not together. 

Rants/raves? Just sched. 1st tour/class at the hospital- already booking for end of April for classes. Our hospital is crazy busy and in the middle of Chicago so you have to plan everything really advance or you can't get into the classes etc. Ugh. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? When did you start feeling baby on a consistent basis? 

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? Not having to wear my now tight on me winter coat!! Also, more dogs at the park for mine to play with, it's been a bit lonely this winter and very wet!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Nursing bras and tanks are super recommended. I just bought some from target that are super comfy.  I prefer the ones without wire.

We did a few classes at the hospital (baby care, lamaze,  and a tour). The tour was incredibly helpful.  Baby care was ehhhh for me but great for hubby. I did a lot of babysitting growing up so I knew a lot already, but he had never changed a diaper so he got a lot out of it.  Lamaze was so so.  Great in theory,  but when you are in the heat of the moment in labor, I wasn't focused on my breathing patterns lol.

I have an anterior placenta, so I didn't feel movement until around 23 weeks.  Once it started, it became pretty consistent quickly and we could feel it from the outside by a few weeks later. By 28 weeks I remember seeing the baby roll around in my belly.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? 20 weeks tomorrow!  HALF WAY! 

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I had my AS on friday and everything looked good.  We are having a baby boy.  going in this week for a normal OB appointment, and most likely doing the glucose test. 

Cravings?  same old.  I just want sweets! 

Rants/raves? OY!  We are getting a HVAC unit put into our house (only baseboard heating, and no ac currently), and thats requiring us to move a lot of stuff around to get ready for it.  On thursday we are going to Drool baby expo in the city, and Im really looking forward to that.  On Friday, my parents and DH's parents are all coming over for dinner, and to find out babies sex.  I am planning to make reveal cupcakes, for it, in the zero time I have.  My parents are then staying from Friday to Sunday, and Im sure its going to be super busy, and Im going to feel like crap by Sunday! 

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? The snow usually melts.  I live in the northeast, so we have seen crazy spring snow storms, but usually the snow melts, and it gets warm.  One year, I will move to the south where we dont get snow! 

@NatSprat0703 I have been eating kiwi for a few weeks now!  DH puts them in my smoothies that we make and freeze!  So tasty! 

@jacksonbears I think right now a lot of what goes into belly size is also your height.  From what I can tell, is that if you are shorter, and/or have a short torso, you tend to start to show earlier.  I have been for a while, but im just 5 foot.  Where as someone who is taller might not even show as much as me, even if they are further along.  It can also be affected by your fitness level.  If you started off with a really strong core, its harder for the bump to come out!  Dont worry too much about your size, and just focus on the healthy eating, and make sure your OB is happy with what you are gaining! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 18 weeks

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? None this week

Cravings? All food :)

Rants/raves? Rave: DH and I are making so much progress getting stuff done around the house now that the weather is great. I got a bunch of things I've been wanting (none baby related) for cleaning, organization, every day living last weekend and we sorted through our storage and I started the garden (which usually never dies but i let it die between being gone for Christmas and having nausea and no energy for 2 months when we got back).

Questions for FTM, STM+? Very interested in when we'll feel movement from the outside (ETA: like PP's have mentioned)

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? time outdoors. We've been in a drought for 5 years but got rain so much this winter that I'm really appreciating our sunny weather more than usual.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• thanks @littlebug2010...we're alike! I'm 4'11" and in the north east!  The bump is there for sure, but some days look smaller than others. I'm sure it's bloat. I'm big on fitness too, and still going to the gym, but dialed it back. 
  • @jacksonbears I can say that up until yesterday, I felt like I had popped, but no one else really said anything.  But yesterday, while at church, many people commented on how much I had popped, and asked me all sorts of odd questions.  Ill be 20 weeks tomorrow, so apparently I now look pregnant! I like that people know im not just fat now, but I could go without the questions.  I was asked how my weight was, by 2 different men (they are older, but still)!!!!
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 17 + 2 

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? routine appointment on Thursday 

Cravings? Chocolate milk. I buy the Fair Life brand which is lactose free and soooo good! 

Rants/raves? I too am in that awkward stage where my regular pants are getting snug but maternity jeans do not quite fit yet 

Questions for FTM, STM+? I know weight is a touchy subject but here goes anyway...I have lost a total of XX lbs and only gained one pound back. I've been pretty active throughout this pregnancy. My office did not mention anything about my weight at my last visit. Is it worth bringing up? I'm afraid I'm not eating enough but I know the baby is getting all the nutrition it needs from me. I worry that if I don't eat more though it will take protein from my muscles and nutrients from my bones. I shouldn't be worrying about this but I am a worry wart, obviously. 

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? Decorating Easter eggs with DH. We never did it as kids. It's so fun to have new traditions as a couple and I'm looking forward to passing it on to our children. 

@dinofreak - my eyes are definitely changing. I have never had glasses or contacts but at the rate my vision is changing I may need them within the next year or two. :'( 
    @secicc12 I haven't taken any classes yet but our hospital and pediatricians office both offer breastfeeding classes. I plan on taking one at the hospital before birth just so I am not completely overwhelmed when they hand baby over nurse for the first time. 

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @jacksonbears -- i totally have that "what if something's not right" paranoia. Not so much on my size, cause i feel like i am always reading how every woman carries differently... but just in general nervousness about what's going on in there. it's my body so i should feel super "in control," but a lot of the time i feel kinda helpless and NOT in control at all over whether something is wrong -- and finding out so late in pregnancy. (instagram explore is my nemesis... it knows i am creeping on baby photos and i just end up reading stories that scare me). Trying not to let it get to me, and just do my best to stay positive and enjoy the process!

How far along are you? 18+3

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Last week - went great. Can't wait for the 20 week ultrasound though

Cravings? same as always - fresh fruits & citrus 

Rants/raves? the struggle of whether to share your favorite names with parents/in laws. OY! at first they agreed it's best not to tell anyone, and now we are getting more pressure to share. we've shared some names that we are on the fence about but have kept our top names to ourselves... just don't want negative responses on the names we love most all through the second half of pregnancy.

Questions for FTM, STM+?  baby names - to tell or not to tell? what did you do? do you regret it? 

when the sun finally comes out long enough to wear a swimsuit at the beach! ugh can't wait. and all the blooming flowers... since we had so much rain this winter we are getting a super bloom - yay! might have to get some maternity photos after all..

• kvh22kvh22 member
    *TW* weight discussion with specific examples although no totals or overall current weight

@BlackNYellow - I would definitely bring it up to your doctor. I had a similar experience (but have started gaining now and am back at my pre-pregnancy weight). I wanted to know whether my weight gain goals were supposed to be from the lowest number or pre-pregnancy (pre-pregnancy, fyi). Your doctor should say something if (s)he is really concerned but I know I was wondering how the original losing should impact my overall goals. Also, all of my appointments had been in the morning and my scale at home lined up. Then i was the last appointment of the day last week so i was up 5 lbs in 4 1/2 weeks instead of 3 lbs which is what my scale said that morning and the doctor said they don't like to see those kind of jumps. I told her that's heavier than when I weight myself at home in the mornings and we talked about how weight fluctuates so that it's heavier later in the day right after you've eaten which accounted for those 2 extra lbs.

Sorry for the long story but wanted to show you that even little questions to enable conversation with the doctor have been helpful to me. My weight gain has been my biggest concern during this pregnancy (aside from some genetic testing on DH and I which turned out to all be okay).

• @em1017 We only tell when we've 100% decided on the name. I don't want to hear other peoples opinions of our possible names. Right now we're about 90%, we probably won't tell until June/July.

• @em1017 DH and I decided that we are not going to tell anyone.  We are starting the process of picking names, as we just found out the sex, and are really struggling, but we dont want input from others.  We also dont want anyone to ruin the name, so once we have the baby, we will decide and then tell everyone! I know its going to drive my mom nuts, but too bad :D!
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @kvh22 Thank you so much! I will definitely bring it up on Thursday. :)
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @littlebug2010 That's exactly what we're doing too! It will be fun to have one last secret that's just between DH and me :smile:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks, 1 day.

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Just had the Anatomy Scan and everything looked great. Baby didn't cooperate at first, almost had to make another appt but finally flipped in the end. The ovarian cyst/endometrioma that was growing in the first trimester thankfully has stopped - now I think surgery to remove it will be able to happen after the birth. Can't say I wanted anything to do with surgery during the second trimester but I'm petrified of ovarian torsion, it's so painful!~ 

Cravings? McDonalds French Fries...I could eat them everyday!

Rants/raves? They were able to give us the sex today, but I have to wait to find out with the cake on Saturday. I promised DH I would wait...it's burning a hole in my pocket right now - off to the barkery (yes, barkery - the reveal cake will also be my pups 1st bday cake hehe) now to get it out of my possession!

Questions for FTM, STM+? Bassinets - I keep seeing some that are wicker, some with bumpers, and some that a mesh sides. What's better? I know there's the bumper debate with the crib - is it the same with the bassinet?

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? I do love Gardening - also love being able to finally walk to dog without having to bundle up!

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @BlackNYellow  I think that's a totally valid worry and would bring it up to your doctor!

@JWatt5 I had an ovarian cyst burst when I was 17. That shit is no joke. I like to think that since I survived that (barely...I blacked out from the pain) I'll survive home birth!

@em1017  we're having the same struggle. We definitely won't share unless it's the final decided name, but even then we're leaning toward not sharing until baby is born.

How far along are you? // 17+6

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? // Normal prenatal tomorrow, hopefully will get the AS scheduled!

Cravings? // grapefruit juice, sushi, beer, chocolate, anything vinegar-y

Rants/raves? // insurance stuff blows. Posted in weekend random, but we're trying to make sure we don't owe the $23,000 the genetic testing company billed our insurance. Also, I really want to feel baby!

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? // the beach! And more daylight in the evenings.
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @mrsmatt1212 My mom had an ovarian cyst burst when she was 17 that was apparently horrendous. She blacked out as well and was in the hospital for at least 3 days. She had me naturally (in a hospital) and asked for an epidural for my sister (her next baby) but the doctors told her she'd be fine since she'd done it before. She still wishes she had the pain meds and told me to get it if I want it and have the option but she was definitely strong enough without :)

@JWatt5 So glad your cyst will be okay for the remainder of the pregnancy. I have a small one they want to keep an eye on and can't wait for my A/S to get an update on that as well as the baby of course.

• How far along are you?
    20 weeks, 4 days

Last week we had out check-up. All is well!

Cravings?
    Grapes. I love grapes soooo much right now! DH has to stop me from eating the entire bag in one sitting.

Rants/raves?
    I'm getting depressed already about going back to work after maternity leave, and I haven't even left for it yet! It might be easier if I actually liked my job but its just an 8 to 5 grind that has no connection to my degree at all. I guess I'm having trouble with the idea that I am going to miss a lot of my baby's early childhood after I have to go back to work. Just doesn't seem fair that I will be paying a daycare, just so someone else gets to watch my baby grow in my stead, when they don't even care about those moments the way I do. Welcome to the real world, I know. It just stinks. :(

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    What are/were your approaches as far as visits in the hospital and shortly after coming home? DH and I are facing a lot of family wanting to crowd us at the hospital and visit us right after we come home... we aren't sure what to do about it.

I like the weather being warmer, but not to hot. Perfect for picnics.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Feliciosity
    I wanted to limit visitors to immediate family, and dh wanted more of an open door approach (his extended family is all local and doesn't know when to give privacy). It worked out that LO was in the NICU and their policy was immediate family only. 

I will be putting my foot down this time for immediate family only, as I want LO to have time to bond with his baby brother or sister.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Feliciosity we're doing a home birth, so we can literally lock the doors, unlike a hospital where people just walk in. But we're doing no visitors period until we give the okay, which will likely be a few hours (up to overnight) after baby is born. Family doesn't love that, but my focus is on me + DH + baby having bonding time and me being able to privately establish breastfeeding. 

My SIL had a scheduled CS and had literally like eight people in the room immediately after. She got no rest and no privacy until like 12+ hours after baby was born. She seemed to be fine with it, but I left in tears because I was so scared DH's family was going to expect that from me!
  • @lyse01 congrats lady!! So exciting! 
  • @lyse01 Congrats on your engagement!! That's so awesome. Don't stress about wedding stuff..plan whatever feels right to both of you. Sometimes parents try to go overboard with a vision that isn't your own. Have fun!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 I purchased true nursing bras and am so glad I did.  Our hospital has a boutique inside so I waited until my milk came in to get fitted.  Will do the same this time.  I converted some “regular” tank tops into nursing tank tops and wore them at first and then stopped as it was just as easy for me to pull a shirt up instead.  I had a nightgown that was nursing friendly and super comfy.  I’ll use that one again (also bought it at our hospital boutique).  Otherwise, I didn’t buy nursing specific clothing.  Just wore things that could easily pull up.

@dinofreak I have some eye issues when pregnant.  I’ve had eye twitches.  This normally signifies a change in prescription for me.  Last pregnancy I just waited it out until after I had DD because I didn’t want to revisit again after if it changed.  No experience with hearing changes.

@secicc12 some classes were better for us than others.  I enjoyed the breastfeeding and labor/delivery (hospital tour included) classes the most.  DH had to wear the fake belly and breasts during our labor/delivery class.  Be sure to take a picture for memories :)

@em1017 we were/are Team Green and also kept names a secret.  Even after DD was born and FIL asked DH what the boy name we had picked out, DH wouldn’t tell him in case we used it in the future.  We have no regrets not sharing ahead of time.  I know plenty of people who tell the name ahead of time and if people don’t like it, they’ll voice their thoughts.  If you think people won’t like the name, I personally wouldn’t share it.  Especially, if you are one that can easily be changed by people’s opinions.

@JWatt5 I had an ovarian cyst in 2010 when not pregnant.  It was the size of a chicken breast and there was fear of it causing my ovary to twist.  I luckily and surprisingly had no pain but super frequent urination (it pressed on my bladder).  I was told to keep physical activity to a minimum to reduce torsion risk.  I hope you can wait on the surgery.  Know the surgery isn’t bad at all.  Mine was done laparoscopically.  I have less than half my left ovary since.  Sorry, I’m not a bassinet user so no help there.

@Feliciosity I didn’t delivery DD until shortly after 9:00 pm via csection (after laboring for almost 24 hrs).  Before they took me into surgery, DH and I decided no one would be visiting that night and communicated such (pissed of the ILs who’d been circling the hospital all day but too bad).  Good thing we decided that as I had to be monitored for extra time and didn’t get transferred to my postpartum room until the very early morning hours.  We allowed visitors that next day after lunch in the hospital but asked that they left the room when I nursed or for other specific things I didn’t want people there for.  Home wise, we told both sets of parents that they could stay at our home while I was in the hospital (they are both out of town) but once we came home from the hospital, we wanted to get in our own groove and they were no longer welcome to stay there.  We said they could choose to stay at a hotel and visit when approved to.  Neither stayed past our last day.  Just be sure to make your wishes clear.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Congrats @lyse01 ! Exciting!

How far along are you? 16+5

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Appt today! Pretty standard, but always nice to hear the heartbeat. DH is going with me too, because we're supposed to discuss billing, which I dread.

Cravings? Still changing frequently, but I bought green grapes at the grocery that I'm really excited about.

Rants/raves? Rant: I invited my mom and MIL to the 20 week ultrasound, since it's the first grandchild for both, and really the only appt that makes sense for them. MIL won't drive to us, so she's tying to work it out with SIL, but I don't want SIL to be there. She's also annoying us about being Team Green and wants to know the sex at the A/S. 
    Rave: Excited to hang with my college friends this weekend :) 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Similar to @Feliciosity. I have a while to figure it out, but trying to plan for who will visit/when, and if we'll let anyone stay with us at home afterwards. 

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? Nicer weather. Hoping it'll motivate me to go for walks more frequently. It'll be nice to not worry about stuffing myself into a coat! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MrsVP614 if you didn't already see, I responded to that question above :)

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @Feliciosity DS was born at 2:12am and my parents were at the hospital by 3:30am. I have an amazing relationship with my parents and wanted them there asap. DH's parents came around 9am. I don't mind vistors at the hospital but get really annoyed when people want to come over as soon as we get home. I 'd like to have at least 72 hours at home before visitors come over. DH has a lot of family within 30 minutes so that doesn't happen. I think I'm going to put my foot down about it when LO is born. I want to be able to get settled at home before people just start randomly coming over.

• @bumpybump - 100% agree, hopefully no surgery until after this LO is born! This thing is about 8cm so definantly not as big as yours but still have quite a bit of pain sitting in the car for too long. After the baby they'll be going in to clean me out - that cyst that will take half or all of my ovary, the way smaller one on the other side, all the endometriosis lesions they can get and then repair the bowel damage I have from the endo. It's amazing what they can do laproscopically - if all goes well, all of this surgery should be done this way.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @JWatt5 YGPM

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• LSP87LSP87 member
    edited March 2017
    @DeansGirl14 OMG so worth it! Just be mindful of price but don't skimp on comfort. I bought some nursing tanks and bras at Target and they were a big help.

@NatSprat0703 @kathryn0903 It took until about the mid 20's to start feeling kicks on the outside. 

@smallbutmighty77 I feel her pretty consistently now at 19 weeks (weird with an anterior placenta?) but with my first pregnancy, I think it took until about early to mid 20's to feel him. Right about now, our baby's cartilage is turning to bone, so we will feel them more strongly. I do hear from a lot of FTM that they don't feel baby often until later, like into the 30's.

@BlackNYellow - I am still not up to pre-pregnancy weight. I had the same concern, although since I am overweight, I wasn't too worried. I did bring it up to my OB. She wasn't concerned as I was able to keep food down for the most part. It wouldn't hurt to speak with your OB about it and hopefully he or she will give you good news and put your mind at ease--which is what we all need throughout this oftentimes scary time.