August 2017 Moms

**Sunday** ticker change 3/19

How far along are you & how big is baby?   

Upcoming appointments?   

Symptoms?  

Cravings?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?   

GTKY: Which chore is your favorite? Least favorite?   
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **Sunday** ticker change 3/19

• How far along are you & how big is baby?    
    19 weeks- and thanks to @Nxy I have the cool chart that says baby is the size of an old school gameboy haha which fun enough, we actually have one that I sometimes play Pokémon on

Upcoming appointments?   
    29th is the a/s and I'm so excited for it 

Symptoms?  
    I just feel like there's always something going on with my gut. Sometimes it feels like cramps, sometimes like bubbles, sometimes stretches, sometimes gas. Sometimes it feels like I'm at the top of a rollercoaster and my stomach does that flip. I hope one of those is baby at some point, but I'm never sure. 

Im also breaking out in a few mild rashes and my back is killing me.

Cravings?  
    I'm usually not a spicy person, but I've been wanting a little spicy. And always fruit.

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    I'm a little nervous about my animals and the baby. Nothing dramatically nervous in particular, but the cats sleep in the bed with us and we can't keep our doors shut completely and they won't lock. So our cats can push through. It may not be a problem but I don't want them to try and sleep with baby. We also have a dog, who is 9 and sometimes is anxious around children. It's usually when our families are over with lots of kids, but he's snipped or growled at my niece who will be 2 in May a couple of times. I need to read up on it, but anyone have advice on bringing baby home with pets?

I like starting laundry, but I hate folding/putting away clothes. I'd rather scrub the bathroom than fold or put away clothes. I also prefer to hand wash and dry dishes (when I do them) rather than using the dishwasher.

• NxyNxy member
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   19 weeks and as big as a gameboy. (I keep having to look and make sure I'm actually that far along. I'm still convinced I'm around 12 weeks where is the time going??)

Upcoming appointments?  End of March

Symptoms?  Still exhausted but that's nothing new. I have the urge to nest but no energy.

Cravings?  Fruit and skittles. Basically the same, right?

Rants/Raves/Questions?   DD has a slight mystery fever and all she wants to do today is cuddle so we've been watching disney movies all day. I feel bad she doesn't feel good but being lazy feels so good. I wish she'd just be lazy with me without not feeling well.

GTKY: Which chore is your favorite? Least favorite? I really like picking up DD's messes because it's fast and when I'm done it's really satisfying because it looks like I did a bunch of work.
    I absolutely hate the laundry. I used to like it but at some point DH decided he's got magic laundry baskets and wash/dry/fold/put away just happens on its own. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
    17 weeks - chipmunk.

Upcoming appointments?   
    Regular checkup on Friday.

Symptoms?  
    Insomnia, itchy boobs and constipation.  

Cravings?  
    I picked up mangoes and pineapple yesterday and I'm looking forward to eating them once they ripen more.  I have a hard time resisting chocolate and other sweets.

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    The insomnia really sucks.  I have no problem falling asleep, but I'm up for hours in the middle of the night.  DH's snoring isn't helping me fall back asleep.  I try to move around in an effort to get him to stop without waking him, but then he goes back to snoring before I fall back asleep and I get annoyed.  This is almost never an issue when I'm not pregnant because if he snores, I sleep through it.

I hate them all, but cleaning the bathroom is the worst and I guess laundry is okay.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   16 weeks / Action Figure

Upcoming appointments?   This coming Friday. It's our QUAD genetic testing & U/S. 

Symptoms?  STILL having morning sickness, nausea & food aversions. New this week are sore boobs. 

Cravings?  I'm not craving anything specific, but every meal is a struggle with the aversions, queasiness, m/s. It's completely up to the baby what I can eat at any given time. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   Like @Nxy , my DD isn't well & we are snuggled up watching Disney movies (The Good Dinosaur earlier & now Trolls). 

GTKY: Which chore is your favorite? Least favorite?   My favorite chore is grocery shopping, and my least favorite is folding laundry. I'd rather clean a toilet than fold laundry, the opposite of @MetsGirl18. I can't even imagine how much worse the laundry for 6 is going to be... 
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   16 weeks! 

Upcoming appointments?   April 3.

Symptoms?  I have a GI virus so pregnancy symptoms on the back burner today. 

Cravings?  Nothing. No food please. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   So I spent last night in the ER getting 3 bags of fluids. I have a GI virus and threw up 30+ times in 12 hours. I wasn't able to keep anything down. I had extreme dehydration. Home today and taking it super easy and feeling a bit better. DS has it now too. Poor DH is having to take care of both of us. Lots of Disney movies here too  @pinkprincesspiper & @nyx

GTKY: Which chore is your favorite? Least Favourite- I don't mind decluttering, it makes the house look clean and easy to find things. I hate putting laundry away and desperately want one of those robot vacuums. Ever since we put in dark hardwood floors you see everything all the time. Drives me crazy. 
  • @maebee87 I hope you feel better! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Feel better @maebee87! Lots of rest & fluids! 
  • NxyNxy member
    @maebee87 holy cow!! take it easy! 

@PinkPrincessPiper hope your kiddo feels better soon! I'm not really sure what's bothering mine but she's hovering around 100-101 and miserable. 

@metsgirl18 I've got insomnia too, not as a pregnancy symptom but as an all the time condition. If it's just Dh's snoring are those little ear plugs an option? For the waking up maybe try some melatonin? My Doc okayed unisom/benadryl to help me get to sleep but if your issue is night waking I'm not sure that will help. I'm sorry you're struggling with it.

@erindippity a bunch of people say to bring something with baby's scent on it home before baby to let the animals sniff it but I didn't do any of that. For the dog, just the baby being yours and in your home all the time will probably encourage your dog to accept baby as part of the pack. It's hard to say right away with the dog because for the first several months baby wont be doing much of anything with the pets. For the cats, I'd just make sure to get those doors fixed before baby comes so if they are attracted to baby you can shut them out. Mine never wanted anything to do with DD but some cats love babies. They will be loud and mad you locked them out of the room but as long as you compensate with lots of love and affection during the day they should adjust pretty quickly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @erindippity I also heard the same thing about bringing home items with baby's scent. I also imagine it's important to act like everything is normal. If you're super nervous when dog is near baby, your dog will sense something is up and maybe act more anxious than usual. Probably easier said than done haha but soon your pup will get into a new routine!

Pregnancy Ticker
    19 weeks - a little hedgehog. 
    Upcoming appointments?   
    Anatomy Scan tomorrow!! So excited. Wednesday MRI follow up with OB medicine and Thursday is the gender scan (but we won't know the result until Saturday). 

Symptoms?  
    Constipation continues, I'm up at 3am every night for an hour or two. 
    Not really a symptom but I feel the baby quite a bit now. Still bubbles and swipes but I notice them more often. 

Cravings?  
    Orange Juice 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    Rant - my SIL is annoying with wanting to know the gender. Keeps saying if it's a girl can she have it - I'm trying to hold my tounge but if she's says that again I'll be letting her know how I feel about that statement - it's beyond rude to me.

GTKY: Which chore is your favorite? Least Favourite? 
    I love gardening honestly don't mind cleaning the house. I hate laundry and cleaning the bunny litter - that's DH's job. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @maebee87 I hope you get better soon!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• How far along are you & how big is baby?   18 weeks and size of a sling shot!

Upcoming appointments?  April 2nd

Symptoms?  Still nauseous and food aversions making me not eat much variety of food.

Cravings?  Fruits, smoothies, special k cereals, PB & J sandwiches on wheat

Rants/Raves/Questions?   2nd trimester energy levels are great. Just got back from Tampa area to take DS to see the day out with Thomas the Train tour.

GTKY: Which chore is your favorite? Least favorite?  fav - washing clothes; least fav - folding & putting away clothes! Lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maebee87 - hope you are feeling better!!

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

17+ weeks

Upcoming appointments?   
    Nope

Symptoms?  
    Any increase in my irritability. I just have a shorter fuse nowadays. 

Cravings? 
    Nothing too strong.

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    Tmi rant: what is with all this discharge all of the sudden??  

Rave: I bought underwear in a size up. That was a smart and comfy decision.

I love all things laundry. Washing, folding, ironing. Everything else can suck it. I can't wait to get a robot vacuum. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   19 weeks- gameboy 

Upcoming appointments?   March 30 AS

Symptoms?  I'm pretty Moody. I have also caught the plague/ cold. 

Cravings?  Changes daily. But give me food. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   This cold is stupid. Last week I was running a low grade fever every day, but felt fine. Now I feel like crap. @maebee87 I hope you're feeling better. I'll take a stupid cold thing over that any day.

taGTKY: Which chore is your favorite? Least favorite?   I always say I got married so I wouldn't have to take the trash out.  I'll take laundry or vacuuming any time over trash.