October 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread (week of 03/18)

How are you feeling? Share your symptoms here!

Re: Symptoms Thread (week of 03/18)

• Last night I had horrible achy legs. It went all the way into my hip, but the worst was my lower calf and even into my feet. Anyone else? DH thinks I was just on my feet a lot yesterday compared to other days (which is true) but it was still worrisome to me. 
  • Sick sick sick sick sick (to the tune of work work work work work). 

Also the usual tiredness and extremely hungry yet everything sounds gross all at the same time!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mommac2017 Hopeully it's just from being on your feet all day! Prop them up this weekend if you can!
  • I put this in the other symptoms thread, but I'll put it here, too, just in case it doesn't get seen. It's tmi, but I didn't have it with my first. Does anyone else get pretty intense poop cramps before having to go?  I wake up with them every morning. It almost feels like I'm going to have a nasty experience, but 9 times out of 10 it's normal. They're fairly painful, though. 
  • Horrible stomach gas pains...as in up multiple days this week overnight because I couldn't sleep because it hurt so bad. Omg....I remember this from my last pregnancies but it's so much sooner this time and it makes the nausea worse. No vomiting, just feel sick, bloated and gassy all day long. Not a fan..

• I cried watching Moana with my girls last night. Yea, I suck. 
    Plus side is my nausea seems to be on the lighter side today. I woke up feeling icky, but as the goes on feeling much better. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @shan24, not consistently. But last night I had awful cramps and was actually getting concerned. Went to the bathroom and had diarrhea (TMI?) and instantly felt better. It happened again later that evening right before bed. 
  • I've been getting more headaches over the past week or two.  I've upped my water intake thinking it was dehydrated, but that has not helped.  I'm assuming it's just hormones?
  • gpullegpulle member
    edited March 2017
    No nausea. Feeling hungrier and tired but don't sleep super well at night maybe cuz boobs are sore. And gassy! 
  • Last night I had horrible achy legs. It went all the way into my hip, but the worst was my lower calf and even into my feet. Anyone else? DH thinks I was just on my feet a lot yesterday compared to other days (which is true) but it was still worrisome to me. 
    This happened to me with my first pregnancy but not until the second half of the second trimester. However this time around I am
    alteady noticing calf cramps. They happen to me most in the middle of the night and morning and definitely are worse when I've been more busy and on the go. They say bananas help. No idea why. Something about the potassium. If you are worried maybe give your dr a quick call. 
  • shan24 said:
    I put this in the other symptoms thread, but I'll put it here, too, just in case it doesn't get seen. It's tmi, but I didn't have it with my first. Does anyone else get pretty intense poop cramps before having to go?  I wake up with them every morning. It almost feels like I'm going to have a nasty experience, but 9 times out of 10 it's normal. They're fairly painful, though. 
    I do.  Mine typically end up being a loose bowel movement.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • JessDG said:
    I've been getting more headaches over the past week or two.  I've upped my water intake thinking it was dehydrated, but that has not helped.  I'm assuming it's just hormones?
    Caffeine withdrawals? That's what I'm blaming my headaches on atleast
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll be 11 weeks on Monday and my acne is starting to flare.  I don't sleep well but then again I never really slept well.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My wrists kinda hurt? I work a lot with my hands and I wonder if it's carpal tunnel? Eh, it is pretty mild so I can't complain too much. I also have daily headaches, which I assume are hormonal as I am very well hydrated.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @ForwardnBackward

I cut out caffeine after I got my BFP about 6 or 7 weeks ago and haven't had any coffee or soft drinks since.  Maybe I'm eating something else with caffeine in it and don't realize it!  
  • I cried watching Moana with my girls last night. Yea, I suck. 
    Plus side is my nausea seems to be on the lighter side today. I woke up feeling icky, but as the goes on feeling much better. 
    Hey, Moana is a great movie. No shame there lol 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My wrists kinda hurt? I work a lot with my hands and I wonder if it's carpal tunnel? Eh, it is pretty mild so I can't complain too much. I also have daily headaches, which I assume are hormonal as I am very well hydrated.
    I had raging carpal tunnel last pregnancy needing steroid injections. I'm terrified of having it again it was so terrible, couldn't even wrote my shower thank.you cards.  I doubt that's it now... usually happens 3rd trimester when you swell and retain fluid 
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @newtoo, yes, I have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday. So I just need to take it easy until then. 

@reneeannemm, a friend of mine always gets carpal tunnel when she's pregnant. It's been her first symptom with all 3 pregnancies when her wrists start to hurt. 

Not a symptom, but I slipped and fell on ice today. Do you think I should be worried? I have an appointment on Tuesday with my OB (12 week regular check up). And I fell on my butt, not my
    stomach or anything. Trying not to get myself too worked up about nothing...thoughts?
  • @mommac2017 You're probably fine, especially if you're not cramping or bleeding. Those babies are super protected in there. If you're worried maybe call the after hours line to talk to a nurse? 

I watched Moana for the first time last night and definitely had teary moments. It was embarrassing and I made sure my husband didn't see.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mommac2017 I slipped and fell on my butt when I was about 11-12 weeks pregnant with DD. I called in, they said I'd be fine as long as no cramping or bleeding, and that falling on my butt (as opposed to hitting side or stomach) was not a big cause for concern because of how protected they are at this stage. I'm sure your fine, but it's great you have an appointment this week to calm any concerns.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Thank you @riverraine and @beezeemarie! Much appreciated! This is what I thought too but it's nice to have some reassurance. Glad I have an appointment Tuesday :)
  • curlyq423 said:
    Sick sick sick sick sick (to the tune of work work work work work). 

Also the usual tiredness and extremely hungry yet everything sounds gross all at the same time!
    Super frustrating! It's like my body can't decide what's up. Last night I was sitting on the couch having a major craving for popcorn. By the time I walked 10 steps to the kitchen and put a pot on the stove, the idea of popcorn made me queasy.
  • @keiraanne Exactly! I'll take a bite of something I actually wanted then be like "Nope!" Ugh, so frustrating. 
  • Yesss the erratic food cravings are so frustrating! Grapes are pretty much the only thing I consistently can eat. I have to eat saltine crackers as soon as I wake up, otherwise I get ms. I've been getting irritated really easily the last few days as well. I just wish I could hire a house cleaner, because smelling cleaning chemicals makes me gag, but our house is a mess, and DH is working on yard stuff. 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mommac2017 oh no slipping on ice sounds painful! How are you feeling today?
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had some spotting at work today which totally freaked me out. I talked to a nurse I work with then called my doc. My doc is fantastic and said I should be fine and to keep an eye on it. It wasn't a lot, but noticed a couple times going to the bathroom. I've never had
    any spotting this pregnancy or last so it really worried me, especially since there's 2 babies brewing in there! Not looking for medical advice, just wanted to get it out there bc it has had me worried the past few hours! 
  • @ChocolateIsLife Saltine crackers are my go to meal/snack too. 
  • Oh. My. Gosh. The bloating.  

We just got over norovirus (along with first trimester nausea yay *eye roll*) and my digestive system is so out of whack.  I'm either nauseated or too full because I tried to stop the nausea.  I'm waking up more and the dreams have started a bit.  A few round ligament pains too.  

Oh, and I look 3 months pregnant at 8 weeks, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @canonmom413  I seem to get teary eyed while watching just about anyting. 

I seem to have a complete aversion to meat. Pork and chicken especially. The only beef I can stomach is a good juicy steak. I think it's the texture. The only things that seem appetizing to me are loaded with carbs :(  However, that seems to be the only symptom I have, other than fatigue of course. I've been lucky so far, almost doubting this pregnancy. 1 more week and I get an ultrasound done to ease those doubts.
  • @ChocolateIsLife, I actually feel fine today! Thank you for asking! I expected to be quite sore today but I am okay. I'm waiting to see if any bruising appears. Hopefully not! Thankful I have my appointment on Tuesday or else I would be panicking. But no cramps or bleeding so I feel reassured that baby is okay too!
  • Does anyone know how much of a fever is cause for concern? I have a bad cold and am feeling feverish, but I'm at work so I haven't actually tried to take my temp yet. I'm guessing it's only up a bit.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • mrs_foguemrs_fogue member
    edited March 2017

canonmom413riverraine  Moana is our new favorite.  And yes I cried.  Then watched it again and cried even more when I realized that was Grandma heading off with her.  And now I'm crying just thinking about it.

But seriously, I sorta want to buy the sound track because the songs are so good. 

• @beezeemarie I got sick with some sort of virus when I was pregnant with DS. I had a fairly high fever (for me) and the doc just said to push fluids and take some Tylenol to bring the fever down. Of course call your doc if you are at all concerned but I think as long as the fever responds to a fever reducer and you aren't dehydrated or have other symptoms you are probably good.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Every time I think my nausea is going away I get another bout of it. I don't remember it lingering this long with DS but maybe I've just forgotten.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy thanks. I'm going to see how I feel/what my temp is when I get home, and call the doctor if it's higher than I think it is.

I'm having the same experience with my nausea. It was pretty much gone yesterday and this morning, but by mid-morning today it was back. I didn't really have it with DD, so I have no idea what to expect as to when and how it will end.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Snap! I missed this thread somehow!

Symptoms: I continue to get sick and defeated every night. Something new: It was 80 degrees outside yesterday. That's the hottest it's been all year and I felt like I was about to pass out. I'm not normally like that, but it was bad. I needed an emergency Powerade to keep me from passing out. I was shocked!
    I ended up having to buy some nylon tights for my thighs only because they have seen an increase in weight and rub. They rub so much that I actually get irritated and minicuts from it. I'm not heavy by any means but I am the heaviest I have ever been now and it's bringing some unforeseen changes.

My stretch marks go between staying the same to lengthening slightly. No belly marks yet (fingers crossed) but my hip stretch marks, thigh marks, and tushy marks have all grown in length.

@beezeemarie I would say that any fever while KU is a bit of a concern. I'm sorry your feeling yucky :( I would try to push up water intake as much as possible to help bring it down. 

@MamanBee i'm in the same boat, except I can't deal with steak much either. I love me my carbs right now. They give me life... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so hungry all the freaking time. 

We went out for lunch to pancake house today. I was stuffed. 10 minutes later we are driving home and my stomach is grumbling. Ugh!!!! I'm gonna be a whale by the end of this pregnancy. 
  • @VLillyV reminded me, so my stretch marks on my thighs from DD have been super itchy and little bumps have popped up in them.  WTF is that? 
  • I'm so hungry all the freaking time. 

We went out for lunch to pancake house today. I was stuffed. 10 minutes later we are driving home and my stomach is grumbling. Ugh!!!! I'm gonna be a whale by the end of this pregnancy. 
    That happens to me too! I will be so stuffed and feel disgusting and in a matter of 30 mins I'll be starving again. What. The. Ef. Now I want pancakes. Maybe next time get some to go so you can have round 2 when you get home. Unless people don't know you are pregnant yet. Then that might seem weird.