Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Check In Week of 3/13

13»

Re: IF/Testing Check In Week of 3/13

• @wabash15 - It's just what she told me. I was just as confused and skeptical when she said it. I'll ask her for more info or an article on it next appointment. I just asked DH to make sure he heard the same thing from her and I didn't imagine it. 
    Me: 28  DH:33
    Dating: Sept 2009
    Married: April 2014
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

Living on a little farm!  :)
  • I've heard that it is possible, just not probable. Since ovaries can kind of move around willy-nilly, (within reason, to the side of your ute, front, back) I suppose that they could both be snuggled next to each other and the good tube could suck the egg over (assuming that the bad tube didn't already suck it in). I'll put it this way: I wouldn't count on that working to get pregnant but I also wouldn't count on "oh, I'm ovulating from the bad side" to avoid pregnancy. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Hm. Well, the nurse just called and said my blood work from this morning came back with estrogen level of less than 5. And they like to see between 30-50 with Letrozole. I have 1 more pill to take tonight so they are having me come back in Monday to draw more blood and do an ultrasound to measure the follicle. I'm not sure if it's too early to feel defeated but I feel like that's a huge difference and how will 1 more pill get me to where I need to be? I guess I just have to wait until Monday now.
  • @travelingcouple letrozole does not increase estrogen in fact it can decrease it.  Don't be defeated yet things may improve over the weekend once you stop taking letrozole or they may alter your protocol for next cycle and add estrogen in. I take estrogen on a medicated cycle (I tend to have thin linings.) hang in there.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Thanks @wabash15, I do remember reading up on Letrozole's effects on the body and seeing that it does decrease estrogen. So I was a bit confused as to why they want to see higher numbers. It shouldn't be a surprise for it to lower estrogen so I'm just wondering what other outcome would be expected? 

From what I understand, the lower estrogen levels increases the levels of FSH which is what we want, right? 
  • @traveling couple yes the lower estrogen helps you make more follies but can mean your lining will be thin...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @TravelingCouple Just chiming in to reiterate @wabash15 to not feel defeated yet. Letrozole made my estrogen levels plummet as well, but they can give you estrogen pills. 1 more pill and a little time can make a difference (even the time between when you've taken the last pill and your next appointment, when you might not be taking any medications at all) . I've seen my levels and follicle growth change drastically in the span of just a couple days. It's not over until it's over!! FX for good news from your appointment on Monday.
  • Thanks @madspunk, I'm not giving up hope yet :) I have a busy weekend ahead so it'll keep my mind occupied until my appt Monday too!
  • @GiddyUp82 - I will have to look into that- I hadn't heard this. My RE told me she would recommend not paying for an iui if I didn't develop any follies on the left side. Good Luck with your iui!
  • Did my beta at the RE today and it was a BFN. Also AF came. *sigh*...I think I want to do another month of the Femara 5mg + trigger + TI because I did respond well last month. Back to the drawing board....
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• So sorry for the bfn @vintageandrea90. I know how much it sucks. Be kind to yourself and I hope next month is the month for you.
  • @vintageandrea90 sorry for the BFN  :/ 

• @vintageandrea90 so sorry for the BFN :( I'm glad you responded well to the Femara, I hope next cycle is it!
  • Thanks ladies  <3
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• So sorry for your bfn @vintageandrea90
  • Sorry for the BFN @vintageandrea90 :( It is good though that you responded well to Femara, FX for next month!
    Me: 33, DH: 38
    Married: May 2015
    TTC since September 2015
  • My CD 11 ultrasound today showed just 1 little follicle maturing but only at 10mm and she said they like to see 18mm. I'll hear the blood results later but I'm thinking they'll have me come in again in a few days for another follow up. She said they like to see more than 1 follicle maturing too which makes sense since that's the whole point of this medicated cycle. Just trying to live in the now and not stress about what could or couldn't be since there's nothing I can do now but wait.
  • @TravelingCouple Sorry to hear that it's not the number of follice you waited for. <3 HUGS. <3 However, 1 could be all it takes, so good plan to stay in the moment, and let this cycle happen however it does. FX your follow up US will produce good results.
    Me: 33, DH: 38
    Married: May 2015
    TTC since September 2015
  • @travelingcouple sorry its taking longer to get that follie to mature but hopefully it will get there. THinking about you. hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Had cycle day 15 u/s today and follicle on the left is growing- it is just over 16. I have to go in on Wed again for another tocsee if it is peogressing! The ones on the right are not growing anymore although I do have one at 11. I am anticipating trigger shot on Wednesday and IUI on Thursday or Friday but we shall see! RE is having me start Estrace twice a day now. @TravelingCouple my follicle is taking a little longer jab usual so hopefully both of ours will keep growing!!