June 2016 Moms

First Birthday Ideas!

Let's talk birthday! June is approaching quickly. Share your party themes, decorations, food, and photo ideas.
Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
Married: 11/2013
M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

Re: First Birthday Ideas!

• I think I've decided on a baseball theme for the party. The goal would be to have a party focused in our backyard around the grill for ballpark foods. My sister does graphic design at a local trophy/tshirt shop and loves making special designs for the family, so I requested baseball tees for DH, Miles, and myself with our ages and names on the back (Mom, Dad, Miles). Not sure what exactly to put on the front yet
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • We'll probably do a Star Wars party or maybe a generic "space" theme.
  •  I'm debating between Mickey or John Deere or fishing theme
  • One of my friends just had a really adorable "Uno" themed party. Black and primary colors and lots of uno cards. Thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to steal the idea.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • arteduc8 said:
    I found inspiration from a dress I found for Audri at Target. Dr Suess' Oh the Places You'll Go will be the theme. Lots of good ideas on Pinterest. 
    I LOVE this! 
  • Since my family flys out from Cali and Texas we're doing 2 parties on the same day. My oldest turns 7 on June 6 and Charlotte's birthday is June 3 a Saturday this year. So my oldest will have his party and after all his friends leave we'll do a little party for Charlotte. I never did themes for the kids till they were old enough to tell me what they wanted. It's also a family tradition to do angel food cake for the first birthday. I am going to try and make this snake cake for my son's birthday.
  • Since my family flys out from Cali and Texas we're doing 2 parties on the same day. My oldest turns 7 on June 6 and Charlotte's birthday is June 3 a Saturday this year. So my oldest will have his party and after all his friends leave we'll do a little party for Charlotte. I never did themes for the kids till they were old enough to tell me what they wanted. It's also a family tradition to do angel food cake for the first birthday. I am going to try and make this snake cake for my son's birthday.
    That's a loooooot of frosting...
  • I'm not going to make my snake as big if I do it, I haven't shown my son the picture of the cake because I don't want him to get excited and then it doesn't happen. But yes a lot of frosting, I'm going to go buy a little star tip and practice to see if I can do it.
  • I'm not going to make my snake as big if I do it, I haven't shown my son the picture of the cake because I don't want him to get excited and then it doesn't happen. But yes a lot of frosting, I'm going to go buy a little star tip and practice to see if I can do it.
    You could also probably frost it with a knife/spatula and just do the details with the star tip. That might make it a little less labor intensive.
  • arteduc8 said:
    I found inspiration from a dress I found for Audri at Target. Dr Suess' Oh the Places You'll Go will be the theme. Lots of good ideas on Pinterest. 
    I LOVE this! 
    Isn't it fun? I love the colors and playfulness of the decorations. And I can go as crazy or simple as I want. There are sure great tuffalo tree ideas online, too! And I might hit up Easter candy on clearance. The colors are spot on for it!
  • We won't have a big party, but the kids love to celebrate so I'll get them to help me come up with a theme. It's on the first day of summer, so maybe watermelons or beach, or something like that
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I LOVE the Mickey party above.  I totally want to come to that lol.  I feel like we are lame now.  We are doing a Pooh theme party at my sister's clubhouse.  We want to go all out but we also have a pretty small budget.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I LOVE the Mickey party above.  I totally want to come to that lol.  I feel like we are lame now.  We are doing a Pooh theme party at my sister's clubhouse.  We want to go all out but we also have a pretty small budget.
    A Pooh theme would be adorable! Our budget is really small too. We'll do some purchased key pieces, I'll probably bake the cake myself, and decorations will me light and likely homemade. That said, I think my Mom wants to help out so it may turn out different.
    if you're near San Diego stop by!  Lol. A nice cold margarita will be waiting  ;)
  • I think we are going with an Elephant Gerald and Piggie party. It'll be easy to theme the colors to grey and pink. Making our own cake, invites, and favors. It will be mostly adults there anyway, but I love the books so much! 
  • We are going to do a Paw Patrol birthday party! We are keeping it to just family and close friends but that will probably be about 35ish people! I am going to change it up a little bit for his first bday pictures though and do a Star Wars theme. I'm so excited for his party but am SO sad he's about to be one :(
    if you're near San Diego stop by!  Lol. A nice cold margarita will be waiting  ;)
    I LOVE the Mickey party above.  I totally want to come to that lol.  I feel like we are lame now.  We are doing a Pooh theme party at my sister's clubhouse.  We want to go all out but we also have a pretty small budget.
    We will invite ourselves :D j/k. We live in Texas, but go to California twice a year. We're due there in July for about a month. My brother and his family live an hour from San Diego in a town called Meniffee. Near Temecula.
    I LOVE the Mickey party above.  I totally want to come to that lol.  I feel like we are lame now.  We are doing a Pooh theme party at my sister's clubhouse.  We want to go all out but we also have a pretty small budget.
    We will invite ourselves :D j/k. We live in Texas, but go to California twice a year. We're due there in July for about a month. My brother and his family live an hour from San Diego in a town called Meniffee. Near Temecula.
    Lol. I live close to Temecula so you won't be far!
  • Whose invited to the parties?  I'm planning on doing a small, immediate family/close friend type deal with a few decorations.  I don't see much point in inviting kids mostly bc we only k ow one or two his age, and bc, they aren't old enough to even really understand.  Am I just a party hating scrooge? I only had maybe two or three bday parties my whole life.  To me they are just another day. 
  • We'll probably have two small parties, one with family (we'll be in CA visiting around that time anyway) and one back home with friends. Most of our friends have kids so they'd be invited, but mostly it's just be a small backyard BBQ.
  • Whose invited to the parties?  I'm planning on doing a small, immediate family/close friend type deal with a few decorations.  I don't see much point in inviting kids mostly bc we only k ow one or two his age, and bc, they aren't old enough to even really understand.  Am I just a party hating scrooge? I only had maybe two or three bday parties my whole life.  To me they are just another day. 

We're just having family and a few decorations and cake. Very lowkey but should be fun. It will be his last day of swim lessons that day too so we'll have that to celebrate too. Yay! :-)
  • I really wanted to do a low-key party.  Something at like a church hall with little decor and simple food.  Just so family can come earlier and have an excuse to see him.  Most of my family only gets to see us once or twice a year.  But it looks like we are skipping the party cause I am too stressed to plan it by myself and nobody wants to even give me input.  In fact my parents think a party is stupid (probably​ cause they simply don't wanna see our family) and keep telling me to just save my energy for a real kids party a few years down the road.

We're doing the same - immediate family and three friends (of ours), just at the house. Maybe a bit of a buffet? Not really thought too much about it all tbh with you
  • tucrewtucrew member
    edited April 2017
    I live in a dormitory with two other families. One of them has a child with the same birthday as Cora (except she is 2 years older). We will probably just have dinner and lawn games with the families, then when we visit my hsband's family in MI this summer, we always celebrate his sister's kids' bday at once, so we will add Cora to the mix. Maybe down the road we will do more, but most families at my boarding school leave for the summer, so most of her friends will be gone, and our families don't live close. That being said, we live on the ocean, so I'll use that as a theme forever. 
  • At the moment, we have 55 people on the invite list (mostly family and a few friends). When you're Asian & Mexican there is no such thing as "small gathering". Lol. We shall see how many actually RSVP and are able to make it (most live 45minutes to an 1hr away).  I plan to send out invites in the next 2 weeks. I asked people to RSVP by June 1st for his June 17th party. 
  • Teddy Bear Picnic with a little BBQ that's just immediate family. 
  • We're doing a bowling party in my hometown with my side of the family (probably like 25 people). 
  • We will be visiting my parents the week between Nadia's 1st birthday and my son's 6th, so I have to come up with something simple that I can do for a combine party. Any great ideas? Ds will have a small party in the park the next week with friends, so he'll get his theme cake that time
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • meggymemeggyme member

I finally got our invitation finished for Lillyana's birthday.  I'm hoping to get them in the mail tonight!  We have over 100 on our list but I know only about 1/2 will come.  We are planning to do a buffet style meal (rigatoni, s&s meatballs, cheesy potatoes, carrots, salad and rolls).  I'm hoping that I will be able to make decorations with my cricut rather than buy them.  I found a few things on Amazon but they are really pricey.
    Just for Internet safety, so might want to blur out your address and phone number before posting the picture. They turned out super cute though!
  • meggyme said:

I finally got our invitation finished for Lillyana's birthday.  I'm hoping to get them in the mail tonight!  We have over 100 on our list but I know only about 1/2 will come.  We are planning to do a buffet style meal (rigatoni, s&s meatballs, cheesy potatoes, carrots, salad and rolls).  I'm hoping that I will be able to make decorations with my cricut rather than buy them.  I found a few things on Amazon but they are really pricey.
    Just for Internet safety, so might want to blur out your address and phone number before posting the picture. They turned out super cute though!
    I realized that right after I posted it.  I'm not sure how to blur it out now!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers