November 2017 Moms

Silly Question Sunday 3/19

Re: Silly Question Sunday 3/19

• Has anyone had an ultrasound and nit heard the HB yet? My EDD is Nov 8. This is my fourth preganacy and only one birth prior. Im concerned that something is wrong again. As in Nov. I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks 5days. I have another ultrasound scheduled this wed.(week from last one) to check again for hb but im extremely worried. Please tell me im not alone lol
  • @juliannacarter97 It depends on timing I think. We did not hear the heartbeat at 5+6 ultrasound, and the nurse practitioner told us it was just too early. At 7 weeks, we heard a nice strong heartbeat of 131. Having another ultrasound a week later is the standard of care and I hope you will hear it then!

• Loading the player...
  • I have a silly question but it's making me nervous... I have been so sick the last week that I'm losing weight rather than gaining. I try to eat a little every hour or two, but I just can't keep enough down and usually nothing is appetizing. My pants are getting a little looser so I know I'm losing weight. How big of a problem is this? Is it OK if I just try to eat as much as I can or is there a point where I need to be concerned? I'm not a particularly skinny person so it's not like I'm going to starve to death (I'm a size 8), but I worry about whether the baby is getting enough nutrients.

When I've googled this questions I get mixed results so I'd be interested in your thoughts. 

• jess0211jess0211 member
    edited March 2017
    @adirat one of my really good friends had horrible vomiting and nausea for both of her pregnancies. She lost weight in the first trimester for both and she's very tiny to begin with, like 100 lbs soaking wet, and she delivered two very healthy babies. My sister in law also loss weight the first trimester from vomiting, also delivered 2 healthy babies. I would just keep track of your weight and let the doctor know so they can decide if you need to supplement with anything. But I think it's pretty normal based on what my friends and family have experienced. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ArtificialRedArtificialRed member
    edited March 2017
    @adirat, while we wait for someone with a more similar experience to chime in, I'll say that my food aversions left me eating pretty much only plain bagels and fruit without a prenatal (only folic acid) for many weeks with DS. I believe I lost around 8 pounds (and I was around 110 to begin with). It turned out just fine. But I was keeping down my piddly meals. 

Eta and someone else did while I was typing lol

• @adirat a good friend of mine had HG and lost a lot of weight in her first trimester. The doctor wanted to know about it and eventually she went in once a week or so for IV hydration. Not saying you're there yet but I would mention it to your doctor just to make sure they don't want to do anything about it. Hugs girl, nausea is the worst.
  • adiratadirat member
    edited March 2017
    @jess0211 @artificialred @heatherdubrow Thank you all!

I'm usually only vomiting in the morning but I feel queasy all day and just can't eat enough (especially healthy things :( )

• Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited March 2017
    I have a question that's making me nervous.
    Yesterday took to tests both BFPS  ( one digital the other plus line).
    Today I had to go to the bathroom frequently throughout the night so urine was light yellow..almost clear.
    Test came out negative. Was urine too diluted or am I out?
    I haven't drank anything yet.
    I  am a little unsettled this morning.

• Also I don't have any symptoms- my stomach feels quesy sometimes..boobs are pms sore.
    Other than that nothing.
    And period isn't coming.
    And I'm nervous

• @Chawk17 How far along are you? I would guess it's just diluted urine and nothing to worry about. I believe it was @kschref who was telling us all recently about how the further along you are, the lighter your line can get due to some hormonal effects even though you are totally fine. I have this by the way -- I took another test at 6+6 that was lighter than my previous lines but I heard the heartbeat the very next day. Fingers crossed this is just a fluke.

• Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited March 2017
    @adirat thank you- I'm hoping you're right.
    Lmp was Feb 10 so approximately 5 weeks.
    After 4 years trying- I had left tube removed in October and this was our third round of clomid.
    Calling dr for labs tomorrow.
  • edited March 2017
    My midwife wanted me to wait till 20 weeks to have my first ultrasound. Like, in what universe does she think a pregnant woman will be cool with that? I fought to get one at 12 weeks for the first trimester screen, but I really really want one at 8 weeks. Should I push for it?
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• @captainfoxtrot while I do think providers are leaning towards more ultrasounds to appease patients, it was standard policy with my original provider to have no scans until 20 weeks. I was actually quite surprised to find out a dating ultrasound was standard with my current providers. Youre not that far from being able to hear the heartbeat with a Doppler, so maybe that can hold you over?

• kissthesky32kissthesky32 member
    edited March 2017
    @Chawk17 I think it depends how far along you are. Did you just get your first bfp? I would try holding it for as long as possible and take another one. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @kissthesky32 yes yesterday was my first bfp.
    I'll try your advice- thank you.
  • @Chawk17 I know if sucks not knowing. Honestly, I think taking a test with your first morning urine tomorrow is your best bet. There will either be a line or not. If not, it's likely a chemical pregnancy and your period will start soon. I've had two of them and it sucks. I'm hoping for a nice, strong line for you tomorrow.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My midwife wanted me to wait till 20 weeks to have my first ultrasound. Like, in what universe does she think a pregnant woman will be cool with that? I fought to get one at 12 weeks for the first trimester screen, but I really really want one at 8 weeks. Should I push for it?
    My midwife practice doesn't do any US except for at 20 weeks. My first appointment with them is at 12 weeks and I'm hoping I don't have an anterior placenta again this time so we can hear the heartbeat then. 

We we did decide to go to an independent ultrasound place for one at 15 weeks to learn the sex, but that is going to be totally out of pocket. 
  • @captainfoxtrot if you want an 8 wk ultrasound then I would say so! Based on advice from the ladies here I called my OBs office to find out what they were going to do at that first appt and if they had said no ultrasound I would have asked. They can't be surprised that as a pregnant woman and concerned mother to be you'd be fine with just one at 20 weeks. Also this is silly but I really want one of those picture frames for ultrasounds in each trimester ha

• @adirat - definitely talk to your doctor about this.  Throwing up enough to lose weight during pregnancy is generally not good, and they have medications that can help.  It is so easy to get dehydrated this way, and that's nothing to play around with even unpregnant.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @adirat Hopefully the doc will give you answers. It's been a while for you and if you can't keep anything down, that isn't good. Is it possible you have HG?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @juliannacarter97 I am having an ultrasound tomorrow with the high risk OB and one on Thursday with the regular OB. Officially I will be 6 weeks and 6w3d by LMP, but 5 w and 5w3d by ovulation. I do not expect to hear or see a heartbeat yet. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 The nurse practitioner at the RE's told me not to worry about HG unless I was vomiting every day, which I'm not -- maybe 3-4 days per week. I am going to try some other food strategies (salt and vinegar chips, whole grain crackers instead of ginger and cereal) to see if that helps and I'm just treating my nausea wrong. Thanks though for posting that -- it was helpful to make me think about this in more depth.

• @adirat with my last pregnancy I was always sick in the morning.  The one thing that I could stomach was bagels and cream cheese.  It may take a lot of different foods but you will eventually find one that will work!  FX it doesn't last long for you.
  • Thanks ladies guess im just being overly worried lol just saw all the ladies that put there ultrasound pics with hb which is about the same edd and made me mire upset :-/ 
  • @juliannacarter97 Not all ultrasound machines are made equally either. Some are more sensitive and high-tech than others. Be patient! Most women won't even have visits / ultrasounds until 8 weeks. Some of the women with early ultrasounds have had problems in the past or present.

• NYTino24 said:
    @juliannacarter97 Not all ultrasound machines are made equally either. Some are more sensitive and high-tech than others. Be patient! Most women won't even have visits / ultrasounds until 8 weeks. Some of the women with early ultrasounds have had problems in the past or present.
    True. With a low risk pregnancy, my OB wont even see me until 8 weeks, and won't have an US until 12 weeks just for dating. The only other one that they do is at 20 for the anatomy scan.  
  • @adirat with my 1st pregnancy I lost 20lbs total and with my second I lost 35lbs. I had HG with my second and was violently ill my entire pregnancy. It still wasn't an issue. As long as I was able to eat some nutritious foods, the doctors were not worried. Baby takes what he/she needs first so you will feel the vitamin deficiencies before they do. As long as you are able to eat something, and you try to eat healthy, it isn't an issue. Only if it starts to affect your blood pressure and sugars do they start to get concerned. I was told to try to drink Ensure every day to ensure (har har) baby was getting a full meals nutrition without me having to eat a large meal. I found that manageable. Not ideal, but better than not ingesting any food at all.
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited March 2017
    Well I am out- AF came 9 days late- brown spotting this morning.
    Good luck other November bumps.
    I'm going back to the TTC boards!
  • I'm so sorry, @Chawk17 :(
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @Chawk17 I am so sorry

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone
  • @Chawk17 I am so sorry <3 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @chawk17 Sorry to hear it. Hoping to see you on December instead! 

• When you open a thread you then get a little yellow "new" box when someone posts something on it. Is there a way to "turn off" that box?