July 2017 Moms

July 2017 baby name ideas

Re: July 2017 baby name ideas

• We are huge Yankee fans and I actually like the name Derek. But when I mentioned it to DH he asked if LO would be called #2 because he is our second child. He totally called me out and siad we're not naming or kid after someone I have had a crush on since 1995! In Stephanie Tanner's words "how rude." Back to the drawing board for us! (I think it was the step too far when I suggested "Derek Peter Lastname")
  • Loading the player...
  • @satsumasandlemons does your daughter like the movie despicable me? I know one of the girls is named Margot - maybe she'd warm up to it that way. 

I love the name too, one of my favorite bloggers (back in the day) named her two daughters Margot and Leta and I adored both names 
  • Thank you to everyone who helped with names that have 'Lee' sound in them. I honestly couldn't think of any when put on the spot. 

Keep them coming if you have more?!?!?! 

Cant use:
    Sally,
    Lily(or any version of the name)
    Carley
    Bailey 

• @oheliza44 My sister's boys are named after country music singers, so we've always joked we will use the hip hop names...
    So just don't try to take my Waka Flocka!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    Thank you to everyone who helped with names that have 'Lee' sound in them. I honestly couldn't think of any when put on the spot. 

Keep them coming if you have more?!?!?! 
    Analeigh
    Marilee (like "merrily")
    Liara 
    Lorilee
    Leisha
    Briley

And of course you could modify the spelling of any of these depending on preference. 

• We had a boy name picked out and this one is a girl, of course that's how it would work right? So during our A/S when she said that babe was definitely a girl apparently we both had the same name come to mind, Emma. Unfortunately we both don't want a super popular name and Emma is exactly that. I'm not sure how much of a deal breaker that is for us. We're sticking with it for now and trying to figure out middle names. We like traditional names, I've thrown around Michelle and Christine and Leah/Lee/Leigh. 
  • Dcwtada said:
    @satsumasandlemons does your daughter like the movie despicable me? I know one of the girls is named Margot - maybe she'd warm up to it that way. 

I love the name too, one of my favorite bloggers (back in the day) named her two daughters Margot and Leta and I adored both names 
    No she hasn't seen that movie yet! maybe I'll suggest tonight :)
  • Rae1 said:
    @satsumasandlemons maybe Margo will grow on him? I like it. I love Olivia but it's super popular right now. I honestly hate Neveah (sorry if anyone has used it or is using it). I just think it's so cliche. 

What about Rosealie?
    I'm hoping Margot will grow on her- It's DD, not DH, who has a problem with it, lol. Also, lesson learned - we're not going to suggest names for her approval anymore! 

I am SO not a fan of Neveah, either. That was the ultimate horrible name on TB back when I was pregnant with DD in 2011 and I have never met or heard of any Neveah's IRL - until DD started TK, and now she's all about it.

I do like Rosalind as in As You Like It, but I'm not really into "Rose" as a root. 

Anyone like Elliott for a girl? That's always been our boy name - like, the only name we ever really had for a possible boy. Would it be weird if we named a girl that? We would either nn Lottie or Ellie (I'm hoping Lottie sticks, because Ellie is so common) 
  • @satsumasandlemons I love Olivia (my husband nixed it).  I don't lurve Elliott for a girl but you could roll with it I don't think it raises any eyebrows - and I love the potential shortened Ellie.  Lottie is supercute too!  

@LoveLee85
    We are hovering over Elyse and Elisa right now for a girl (Ellie for short).  Do you like either of those?  (Husband's favorite is Charlotte now - how about Charlize?) 

Our agreed upon backup from last pregnancy for a girl is Lucille - to call her Lucy.  My concern is that the sibset Lucas + Lucy is too close - I may mess up every time I try to call one of them lol!  Thoughts?
  • @satsumasandlemons I generally can go either way on boy names for girls, but I think Elliott (and Ellie and Lottie) is cute. I would just add that I think it's becoming a very popular boy name. Two of the eight kids in my son's daycare class are named Elliott. At first all I could think of was stabler from law and order svu, but now I think it's really cute. 
  • @satsumasandlemons, I LOVE Lottie. I feel like it has that classic, vintage feel that you're looking for while being uncommon enough to not evoke the image of an octogenarian. And to have Elliott be the full name is an excellent way of using a name you love, since you like how it shortens. If you're worried about it being overly common or masculine, adding an "e" to the end would feminize it without altering it too drastically, I think, but it's very on trend to use names that are perhaps not the standard gender-stereotyped names, so it works either way. Regardless, I really, really like Lottie.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @caribbeanmama I'll offer up my girl name :-) Elysian (or Elysia) Lucy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @satsumasandlemons I love Olivia (my husband nixed it).  I don't lurve Elliott for a girl but you could roll with it I don't think it raises any eyebrows - and I love the potential shortened Ellie.  Lottie is supercute too!  

@LoveLee85
    We are hovering over Elyse and Elisa right now for a girl (Ellie for short).  Do you like either of those?  (Husband's favorite is Charlotte now - how about Charlize?) 

Our agreed upon backup from last pregnancy for a girl is Lucille - to call her Lucy.  My concern is that the sibset Lucas + Lucy is too close - I may mess up every time I try to call one of them lol!  Thoughts?
    Oh I know I would!
  • mj8215mj8215 member
    edited March 2017
    @satsumasandlemons I like Elliott for either boy or girl! One of my favorite tv characters ever is Dr. Elliott Reid from Scrubs :)
    plus Ellie is a great nickname
  • After finding out we were having a boy, we have it narrowed down to 2. No middle name picked yet. 

Jax (or maybe Jaxon)
    Jameson (would call him Jamie)
  • @hyperangel_8509 since our girl name for this LO is Norah, I will share our (short) boy list in the hopes it might help you!!

Nolan
    Grant
    Elliott
    DH also likes Liam but I think it's too common and sounds goofy with our last name 
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited March 2017
    @sakeefer, Emma Christine is lovely!

@satsumasandlemons, not to pee in the punch bowl or anything... but Elliott is such an awesome boy's name, I can't picture it for a girl. Lottie is super cute but really is best on it's own or as a shortened version of Charlotte. Doesn't really make sense as a nickname for Elliott, IMO. If you know you're going to call her Elle, Ellie or Lottie for short then why not just use one of those names as her full name? 

ETA: Margot is fantastic! I wouldn't let your daughter's opinion sway you... you're the parent. She'll either learn to love it or get used to it once little sister is here. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • lamphelelamphele member
    edited March 2017
    DH is all for the name Gwendolyn, but I'm now not sure. Our second daughter is Evelynn and I feel weird having two girls with "lyn" in their names while my oldest daughter doesn't.  It also kinda bothers me that one is "lynn" and the other is "lyn". I'm leaning more to just having Gwen as the name,  but DH doesn't like that idea

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lamphele What about Gwenevere?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @satsumasandlemons Elliotte is at the top of our list for a girl (spelled how I did) and I love Ellie or Elle as a nickname. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @Sassenach1743 yeah i'm actually not a fan of charlotte or nn's ellie or elle! i'm hoping for at least a few other names that will hit me like Margot did. 
  • @OperaSingerMommy I LOVE Guiniviere!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @OperaSingerMommy I've suggested Gwenevere in the past,  but DH doesn't want to budge from Gwendolyn. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Throwing Gwyneth out there?? Could still nn Gwen. I LOVE Gwen...not sure on any longer versions of it though? Gwen was actually one of my top girl names but DH doesn't love it. BOO. 
  • So today again FIL expressed his extreme dislike for our top boy name. I have no problem naming the child the name I just don't EVER want to hear FIL say anything to the child about it, and I don't trust that it will not happen. FIL is great, he just has many opinions and is very vocal about them. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • So today again FIL expressed his extreme dislike for our top boy name. I have no problem naming the child the name I just don't EVER want to hear FIL say anything to the child about it, and I don't trust that it will not happen. FIL is great, he just has many opinions and is very vocal about them. 
    My cousin is 27 years old, and our grandmother continues to call her the wrong name. Last visit she said, "I'm sorry. I have just never understood your name." So awkward!! Grandma and my cousin have a fantastic relationship, so cousin just laughed. 

That is very Dear Diary, but maybe your son and his grandfather will have that type of thing - so it will be ok even if FIL acts like an idiot about it. 

FWIW I like Connor and think it goes fine with DD's name, but what do I know
  • We just told my grandmother we're having a girl and plan to name her Mia and she looked at me and said "oh god, why Mia?! I would never name my child Mia." Literally ANY name we come up with she has some answer if it's not a very common and traditional name. It's so hard to not let people get in your head. But this is exactly why we don't announce the names on social media or to anyone except immediate family because you'll get everyone's opinions and it may sway yours. 
  • @nktrodden826 keep your name of choice, I don't think it sways me but it definitely upsets me, I want my close ones to be happy and like the name, I'm trying to convince my mum right now too she's half way there lol. Don't worry about your grandma. 
  • @nktrodden826 Everyone seems to like our name choice EXCEPT for family! But maybe they are just more polite!  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My mother's response to Maura was, "I just can't be excited about that name" followed by the suggestion that we choose something more feminine/fabulous for a middle name.  She then continued to suggest names that I hate, so I made sure to tell her how much I hated those names.  I also call my daughter Maura all the time.  It's grown on her, and she seems to have caught the hint that she was an ass.
  • @chiquita928 My mom hates our name choice too, mostly because we plan on nicknaming her Mickie (DD's nickname is Evie) and she says it reminds her of Mickey Mouse.

So don't call her by her nickname!!

Luckily she likes the full name so that's what I keep remind her IS the name, but family can be so annoying. It's like they think they get some say in it...
  • @GlitterFish this is going to sound a little crazy but does your sister live in NC? One of my neighbors has 3 boys all named after country singers which I thought was so unique! 
  • MamaRN13 said:
    All of these examples are EXACTLY why we waited with DS (and will do the same with this little girl) to tell anyone his name until he was born. It takes a pretty heartless person to knock a name when you say "let me introduce you to ____ " while you put a squishy newborn in their arms. If they didn't like it, they kept their mouth shut. Now, I'm all for running names but you awesome ladies as a "trial run" so I can get a feel for how the name will be received... but no one IRL will hear her name until she is here! 
    THIS. So much this!
  • @megandchase Lol, no, she lives in CT and only has 2!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MamaRN13 I wish that was the case, but DH can't keep his mouth shut about ANYTHING and therefore always tells my in laws names. I totally agree with that philosophy. FIL knows we will name our son what we want regardless of what he thinks but he is very loud and vocal about hating it (he says it's because it was his first boss' name who was an asshole, mind you he's 65+). 

I guess I'm just nervous that along the same lines of someone telling a child "we were really hoping for a girl but you're a boy", that he would say "I told mom and dad I hated the name Hunter but they didn't listen". 
  • I had this same problem with my first. I told my mom the name we chose for my son and she said she would NEVER call him by his first name. He is now 11 and she has always called him by his given name. Now I know she's still not happy with it but she hasn't said anything to him about not liking it. 

His name is Dante and some christian ladies on here might know that is supposed to be the name of Satan's right hand man. My mom is a very Christian lady so she wanted nothing to do with it. He was actually named that after a video game character and the movie Dante's Peak. It was the only name his father and I agreed on

This pregnancy she has tried pushing my late grandmothers name for baby if its a girl. I told her we're set on our girls name though. Nora Rosalyn

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers