November 2017 Moms

Friday Ticker Change

1. How many weeks are you?
2. How are you feeling?
3. Any appointments this week?
4. Rants, raves, questions?
5. GTKY: Something fun you are going to do this summer?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Friday Ticker Change

• 2Dash2Dash member

5 just graduated from poppyseed to appleseed (tell that to the button on my pants!)

2. How are you feeling?

People told me morning sickness gets worse with each pregnancy - so yeah...that's true.  I feel pretty yuck morning until night.  I'm surviving on almonds and crackers.  Fruit is disgusting to me (weird?!?!)

I've also been insanely cold since getting my BFP despite attempts at staying warm.

Nope.  I have a confirmation appointment on the 27th - and will hopefully book an ultrasound for dating from there.

DH has been great dealing with a lot of the house stuff and the boys so I can rest.  The nausea is making me feel like I'm just trying to get through each day and I'm feeling guilty because I promised myself I would enjoy this pregnancy as it will be my last.  I would like this phase to be over.

Taking the kids back to the beach house we stayed in last summer.  I just picture the long summer nights and watching them play!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you?
    2. How are you feeling?
    Nauseated, mostly, and exhausted. I'm letting my toddler watch more TV than usual. 
    No... Sigh.
    I'm actually excited that I can't even hide this baby bump. I like maternity clothes. 
    Big family reunion with DH's relatives close and distant. I will know next to no one. Should be interesting!
  • Loading the player...
  • cottingham3cottingham3 member
    edited March 2017
    2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty Good! I had really bad nausea with my other three but it has not shown up yet. I did gag this morning...but I can live with that. I am trying to eat small and frequent meals to keep something on my stomach. 
    Nope. Not for about 2 weeks! But, as a 4TM I am ok with that. 
    Rants -I delivered my older 3 early due to BP issues at one point or another. I am sticking to a very strict less than 1500mg sodium per day. I just want a pickle!!!! ugh
    We live on the Gulf Coast so we will be outdoors at the beach all summer! We are taking a weekend trip to New Orleans in April and we are all excited! We usually just do day trips there so a weekend will be fun!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 6
    2. How are you feeling? I had a 24 hour bug/flu thing but now it's just a nasty cough. Everything I've read online said the medicines that are safe during pregnancy are safe after 12 weeks so it looks like all I get is tea and cough drops. No morning sickness but I do get bouts of nausea and this weird feeling like I'm nauseous but also hungry. 
    3. Any appointments this week? no
    4. Rants, raves, questions? not really
    5. GTKY: Something fun you are going to do this summer? We're moving from Korea to NY in May with a little vacation to visit family. Then my SIL is getting married in July and my ILs are trying to do some kind of family vacation after but they don't quite understand that DH can't just take all this time off of work (time in May when we move, time to go to the wedding, time for a vacation after the wedding, etc.). 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• car1acar1a member
    6!
    2. How are you feeling?
    I've been feeling pretty good generally, but am having an unusual day today. Over the past week or more I've been cold, had sore BBs and bloating, and some food aversions but nothing too severe (no nausea). So ask me yesterday and I would've said I'm feeling pretty good! Today I'm kind of "meh"/nervous. I woke with more cramps than I've typically had (like mild period cramps) and a few other unusual pains that have made me quite nervous. I read that cramping is common, but somehow this isn't reassuring because it can also indicate something more serious, plus it's different from how I've normally been feeling. 
    No - first appt isn't until April 6th
    I think I ranted enough above! But overall I think that there is just so much information available online that it's easy to over-analyze every detail rather than trying to take things as they come. @2Dash when you mentioned your guilt about wanting to do your best to enjoy this pregnancy - it made me realize that this hasn't even been on my radar to try to enjoy the pregnancy. Maybe it's because I'm a FTM or maybe it's my mindset, but I'm starting to think it may be in my best interest to not over-analyze quite so much and do my best to enjoy it more.
    My DH, fur baby German Shepherd dog and I like to take weekend trips camping... I've already joked with DH that I don't think sleeping on the wilderness floor will be appealing to me this summer! But no major vacations planned, I'm sure we'll take small trips (even though we'll likely avoid camping!)

@cottingham3 We used to live in FL and I miss the Gulf Coast! Living there made me feel like vacationing was so easy/nearly in the backyard (for some people - literally!)
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • 2Dash2Dash member
    @car1a I think I wished my other pregnancies would just go fast...I just wanted my babies in my arms! But the last couple of years I've reflected that being pregnant was special even through the hard times...it's part of my story. This baby will hopefully be #3 for me and I want to try to drop my insecurities and anxious feelings but like you I find it hard. There are such special moments. The first time I felt DS1 move...I smile every time I think about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @car1a I go between wanting to fast forward to November and cherishing the pregnancy. It changes based on how I feel haha. If you can, I think spoiling yourself a bit helps relish in the moment. I bought some maternity clothes already. They were on sale and we'll be moving right around the time I'll need them so I got them early. I did a little fashion show for DH which was fun. I can actually wear all but one piece right now. One dress is a maternity body con dress that you definitely need a bump for. Other things I plan to do is get nice tummy oils and have DH give me belly massages. Little things that won't get to happen once the baby arrives. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• car1acar1a member
    Thanks for the thoughts @2Dash and @slaven. I think I'll feel less cautious after I have an US and can see a heartbeat - obviously that's still not a guarantee that everything will be fine, but I think it will be a big comfort! I'm really looking forward to shopping for the baby and planning but we've decided to hold off until we're comfortable telling people we're pregnant (whenever that is). It's like we've told ourselves we can't get too excited yet because the disappointment could be worse if we MC. So I'd like to at least fast forward a few more weeks or even to the second trimester! But meanwhile I do think that shopping at least for some maternity clothes sounds good! As you said slaven so many styles can be worn even when we're not yet showing. And I really need some pants... at least a size larger if not maternity, so that I can stop unbuttoning mine every time I sit down... ugh
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • sarebear55sarebear55 member
    edited March 2017
    7 weeks :)
    2. How are you feeling?
    Other than having a fever I've been feeling great! No more nasuea just lots of food cravings!
    Nope... Had one this past Wednesday where I saw my lil shrimp and heard their heartbeat. Next appt is March 19 where we do genetic testing :)
    Wish I could take something for migraines!! Also I swear my clothes are already fitting tighter
    5. GTKY - I'm going to try to stay cool and celebrate my 1 year wedding anniversary with DH
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5 weeks 
    2. How are you feeling? So far no symptoms
    3. Any appointments this week? Calling Ob/gynecology Monday
    4. Rants, raves, questions?not at this moment
  • 1. How many weeks are you?
    4 weeks. Due 11/24. 
    2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! My boobs are hella sore already (last BFP that didn't happen until week 6ish or so) and I've been getting cramps, which worry me. I realize that's normal, but it's still messing with my mind.
    Not yet. Plan on calling my Dr tomorrow and setting something up asap.
    Nothing yet - I'm sure something will come up though :) I DO want to say that I'm pretty stoked about my due date - because of holidays and such at school, I'll end up getting an extra 3 weeks of leave with LO!
    Well, I'll be attending two trainings - one for two weeks, and one for 4 days. Other than that, I don't think there's much on the horizon for us. We may take a vacay with my family - we usually do road trips in the summer with my brothers, and I imagine I'll be in 2nd tri by then and hopefully feeling pretty good. :)

@cottingham3
    Where in the gulf coast are you? We're on the coast too! Houston :)