January 2016 Moms

White poop

cali1710cali1710 member
edited March 2017 in January 2016 Moms
has anybody experienced white poop? My daughter has been acting totally fine and does not have a fever or anything and last night she had some white, very loose poop. This morning she had another poop but it was firmer and it wasn't white but it was extremely light.  She has been on formula since day one and cows milk for two months and she has had no problems with it. She is getting a couple molars but I don't think that would cause the white poop.. I should add that it friggin STINKS!!! 

Re: White poop

• White may be over exaggerated. Its just veryy pale brown. Its not like white chalk. More of an off whitr/palebrown
  • My daughter had 4 days of white/light diarrhea that sounds like what you are describing right before her first molar popped. I don't know if they are related or if she just happened to have a stomach bug at the same time as teething. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mltarrio said:
    My daughter had 4 days of white/light diarrhea that sounds like what you are describing right before her first molar popped. I don't know if they are related or if she just happened to have a stomach bug at the same time as teething. 
    Good to know! Thanks! She has one molar up already. Two at the top started poking through a few weeks ago but seem to be at a stand still and the second bottom one is starting to make an appearance. She never had this with any other molars so thats why I wasnt sure if it was connected. I stupidly googled and got myself all paranoid. I wondered if it was a bug but she doesn't have any other symptoms and is happy as a clam. She had a but if a cold last week (maybe? Could have been her teeth. I keep thinking shes getting sick but then a tooth pops through and shes fine) and wasnt eating much but thats about all. 
  • @mltarrio did she have more symptoms? Fever? Throwing up? 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    My little guy has has super pale poops before! He has 4 molars so I can't remember if it's when they were coming through? He honestly poops colors I could never even imagine lol if she's acting fine I personally wouldn't be concerned unless maybe it stayed that way? I'm no doctor though! 
  • Call your Dr just to be sure. I remember asking my Dr about poop color before and she said as long as it's not black, white, or red, all other colors are normal.
  • DS had pale, loose poops as he was getting over a stomach bug last weekend.  Maybe she had something similar but her only symptom was the weird poops? Though I think he is also getting his molars.... it all could be a coincidence!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! I'm going to see how it is today and if its still weird I'm going to call my dr. Its weird though I've googled and read okd forums about it and so many mention molars coming in!
  • @cali1710 She didn't have any other symptoms except she was super grumpy, which made me think it was related to the teeth. She is working on another molar right now and no weird poops, so I am really not sure. 
  • Thanks everyone! So far today her one poop was more solid and had more of a brown colour so lets hope it was just a bug and its starting to get better. 
  • My daughter just got over a bad bad stomach bug that lasted a week tons of vomiting and then Diaherra. The Diaherra was white literally white no exaggeration so could have been your daughter passing a small virus. She also is cutting more molars at the same time so.
  • My daughter just got over a bad bad stomach bug that lasted a week tons of vomiting and then Diaherra. The Diaherra was white literally white no exaggeration so could have been your daughter passing a small virus. She also is cutting more molars at the same time so.
    I hope shea feeling better!! Its starting to go back to normal so I don't know what happened. If she had a bug you sure wouldn't have known it!