71% 100 votes
no
13% 19 votes
sort of - not really planned but wasn't preventing
13% 19 votes
SS
0% 1 vote

Re: was this pregnancy planned?

• We TTC for 5 cycles with both of my pregnancies.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Yes. 

Our DD1 was a beautiful surprise. We tried for DD2 after our MC ( another surprise). And we tried for almost 8 months for this one. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Loading the player...
  • DS was planned and got pregnant in 3 months of starting to try, this one was an accident and we were physically trying to prevent but evidently I am just to fertile. Lol.
  • shan24shan24 member
    edited March 2017
    We had talked about ttc, but hadn't made any definite plans. We didn't use protection one time and here we are!
  • Total surprise! Nearly fell off the toilet when the test came back positive. I had drunk a bottle of wine 2 days before I tested not thinking anything about pregnancy because I had what I thought was a period the month before. Both previous pregnancies I had charted bbt and had a clear temp shift so I knew early on. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Planned. Stopped the pill in December. Waited 1 cycle to try like my doctor told me to and got pregnant right away. My family has always been fertile though. My mom knew I had come off birth control and when I told her I was expecting she said she figured I'd be calling about that soon. 
  • Pardon my ignorance, but what does SS stand for in the poll options?
  • Ours was planned. Took 5 cycles to conceive!
  • @mommac2017 it means "Special Snowflake" so an answer that is not a poll option.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Heck yes. After 2 MMCs last year we were focused in 2017! TMI we "TTC" :p every other day in January...and voila! Got the BFP in feb
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Yup. I got pregnant three years ago shortly after we got married and that was a total surprise, I was on the pill and we weren't even sure if we wanted to have children at that point. I had a miscarriage. When I got pregnant with my son that was planned, got pregnant the first month that we tried. This one was planned as well  and I got pregnant the first month we tried again. We seem to be ultra fertile, I may need to get my tubes tied after this!
  • It was planned...just for a little later this year! So yes, but it happened much more quickly than we were anticipating. We're not complaining, we're excited and feel very blessed! 
  • Very much planned. We had been ttc for 16 months and had a miscarriage after my first iui back in December.  
  • DD was a not trying but not preventing surprise.  This little shrimp was certainly planned.  I was a little shocked to see it took 3 cycles to get pregnant when last time it happened instantly. 
  • Both of my pregnancies have been planned. We started TTC as soon as we were married in 2014, and 3 months later were successful. Our son is now 18 months old. And we started TTC this one in February. We managed it the first try?? I was astonished as I have always been told by my OBs it would always be difficult to get pregnant. They were very wrong. 
  • Very much planned. We started TTC last January, had two chemicals in the spring and a MMC in November. First full cycle after that, we got our BFP for this one!
  • @curlyq423 A multiples thread sounds like a good idea! (Not in the club)

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • TTC since last July. This was planned
  • *TW* 

Yes but I have had two miscarriages since December so I was pretty surprised to be pg again this cycle and I am farther along than I thought. 

• emwj10187emwj10187 member
    edited March 2017
    I'm in the minority here...This was a sort of planned baby... We stopped preventing it back in November, with the mind set "if it's meant to be, it will be". We were both surprised and blessed for it to happen in January. 
    \

• Planned but surprised it happend so quickly.  I always had in my mind it would take awhile coming off of bc but apparently not for me.  We're very lucky!
  • @baker1jm2 same. Planned and we even used protection for the first half of the month so we were very surprised I got a BFP this early.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ghetigheti member
    curlyq423 said:
    Planned. Though twins weren't planned! However my grandma is a twin (not sure if that counts as running in the family), so it has always been on the back of my mind. To be honest, I'm terrified! Thought about starting a new thread for those of us having multiples. I have so many thoughts and questions! 

Me too! Found out it was twins 3 weeks ago and I have been freaking since! Lets start a thread!
  • Yes! Just didn't think it would happen so soon. Very thankful! :) 
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker