May 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms 3/18&19

Well, since I'm up, figured I'd get us started! What's everyone up to this weekend?

Re: Weekend Randoms 3/18&19

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh my cold symptoms are back again. I can't figure this illness out. I'll feel good for a few days, then the symptoms will come back for like a week. Then, they'll
    go away and return again. This has been the pattern for like 6 weeks now! The worst part is I get very little sleep when the symptoms are raging. Man, what I wouldn't give for some good meds to kick this cold's butt!!! Sorry to be a downer this weekend! 
  • @ShadeofGreen816, just noticed when you started the thread. What were you doing up at 5 AM?
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• We are supposed to go to the science museum this morning as part of our staycation. I'm not feeling so great though. I was up 4 times in the 7 hours I was in bed last night. Why do I have to pee so much at night?!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @kns1988 Cleaning out the file cabinet and bacon!!! He sounds awesome! 
    @ShadeofGreen816 I was up at 5 too. Hope you were able to back to sleep (unless you had to work or 5am is just your jam)

Low key weekend. My parents are out of town so we are dog sitting there long hair chihuahua. For the most part that is fine but she does bark a ton and doesn't like DS so we have to watch her close. Grocery shopping today and maybe hanging a ceiling fan. We have a bowling fundraiser to attend tomorrow which will be fun and hopefully hanging the bedside tables and art in DS' new room. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kns1988 said:
    @ShadeofGreen816, just noticed when you started the thread. What were you doing up at 5 AM?
    Lol, central time told me she was up at 4  :D I was like no way I'm bumping that early.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @BabyMC517 were they the foil wrapped ones? Those are the best Reese's ever, I ate a whole bag the other day :#

no real plans today besides I need to do some homework, I'm also planning on running to hobby lobby if I have the energy.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Random re hospital visitors.  Thoughts on circulating something like this.  I can't decide if it ok or offensive.  
  • @clebl24 I'm actually only going to accept visitors at the hospital where I'll have nurses there as goalies. I feel the biggest issues were the rotating door at my home the first week. We never got the bf down pat too many people wanted to hold or I felt embarrassed because ds would fight me when we tried so I would just pump whenever anyone was over 
  • @Jens_Hoes - sounds like a case of "when it rains it pours". Sorry all those things are happening at once! Hopefully life goes back to normal soon!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• saric83saric83 member
    edited March 2017
    @clebl24, I don't think it would be awful if you sent it, but honestly, I wouldn't unless it were to specific people already asking to visit at the hospital, and even then, a direct response might be better.  Is anyone bugging you yet?

We had a strict no-visitor plan for DS (but we ended up in the hospital longer than expected, so we actually invited our parents and siblings there on day four or five), but the only people we let know in advance about it were our parents and siblings in one-on-one conversations more like "We don't think we'll want visitors at the hospital, so we'll let you know when we're ready" and left it at that, which seemed to go over well with everyone (not that I cared).  And no one else had the opportunity because we locked down visitor access on our floor and didn't announce where we were. :)
  • BeachMommy2BBeachMommy2B member
    edited March 2017
    @Jens_Hoes omg! Next week has got to be better then this one!!! Don't do anything risky like use sharpe objects until you know you'll survive!  :D

Our weekend is going to be spent basiclly finishing the nursery and moving DDs big girl bed and dresser into her room. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Going to get some much needed cleaning done today! Grocery shopping is on today's to dos. Also might take DD to the book store. 
    To the ladies who don't feel well or didn't sleep so great I hope y'all feel better and get a good nap in today. 

@Jens_Hoes wow you've had one hell of a week! Hope this weekend gets you off to a better start to this coming week! 

@clebl24 I see nothing wrong with sending those to have already made it clear they want to see the baby in the hospital. But I do agree with @vrj0522 that accepting would sound better than expecting! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @Jens_Hoes what an awful week! I hope your weekend turns things around!
    @kns1988 Your DH wins the award for me! Mine is really pretty helpful but I might have a stroke if he did all that! 
    @clebl24 I don't think it's the worst especially if you have a lot of friends/family itching to come see you. If it's only a few I think it would be better received individually/personally. If I were a recipient of the message I think it would be less off-putting to just be told that vs the cute saying. But you know your friends and family best so if there's a lot then that's probably the easiest way! Definitely do change the excepting/accepting! 
  • @Jens_Hoes when it rains, it pours! I'm sorry it all happened at once and hopefully next week goes better for you.

@ShadeofGreen816 that's not a fun night! I am not very nice about DH snoring and will elbow him in the ribs until he turns over. I already can't fall asleep because I'm uncomfortable and have heartburn, I don't need you sawing logs on top of it.

Pretty laid back weekend over here. I'm taking DS to my SIL's house to see their new baby chickens this morning and DH is finishing up putting the nursery together. I'm jealous of everyone's nesting instinct because I feel like it completely skipped me this time. I don't know if it's second child syndrome or what, but I've been so laid back about getting things done this time around. I need to get it together.
  • @Jens_Hoes Holy moly! I'm so sorry for the flood of aweful you have had. Hope things level out for you soon!

@clebl24  I agree with others that it is completely acceptable to express your wishes early. Although I am on the same page with @Yiggle09 and much prefer visitors in the hospital. The rotating door of visitors at home is one of my biggest fears this time around. 

Question: When does the linea nigra appear? I'm coming up on 31 weeks and thought it had started at this point last time already. It took forever to go away before and didn't fully disappear until a while into this pregnancy. Just thought I would see it starting by now. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Jens_Hoes I'm surprised your husband is still living! I hope things are better from here on :)

@clebl24 We didn't really tell people when I went into labor. While we didn't have family in the area, we didn't want to be bombarded with requests on updates or if the baby made it yet. I just did a group text with my own immediate family and kept them posted and that was it. They were under strict order to not mention anything on social media. We announced the birth a couple days later, after we got home. 

• kns1988 - woke up to DH making bacon too! Every morning should start like this.

Jens_Hoes - WTF indeed! That’s a lot to deal with all at once.

A slow day here. Hubby was up at 3 am. So he'll probably nap the day away. Think I'll catch up on some baby reading and projects I've been putting off.

• @Louise_Belcher I never got a line last time and haven't this time either. Maybe it's hit or miss?

May '17 labor memes
  • BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited March 2017
    @chickyclg not foiled wrapped, but individually wrapped. I haven't seen the Reese's eggs in foil...I've already had one today...hoping the bag lasts a few days lol

eta: fix autocorrect 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • vrj0522 said:
    @clebl24 - I think that something like that is okay and probably better than having to tell someone directly that they can't come visit. I have a sil who sent a text asking for no visitors until they had been home for a couple of days and no one was offended, after all, it's their newborn and they are trying to adjust to their family changes. 

The only thing that makes my eye twitch about the sign is that it says excepting instead of accepting. 
    Ha! First thing I noticed too!