October 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (3/18)

edited March 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Haven't seen this post in a bit, so let's share random things here!

Me: 31 DH:35
TTC #1: March 2011 
Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
6 rounds of clomid
5 rounds of iui
IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
FET 1/10/2017  
Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
FET 2/2
BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms (3/18)

• @tyannejohn I think I missed most of it too! Lots of activity lately and I like it!  :D
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @bluejeanbabi05 ok bacon with a donut sounds amazing! I had a snickerdoodle whoopie pie. I regret nothing.  :p
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a free Starbucks drink, so I tried the new coconut milk mocha macchiato (say that five times fast!) but I'm pretty disappointed :( oh well, now I know! 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• I ate pancakes, baby wanted pancakes. I also found out baby does NOT like crab 
  • Omg lol! Poor thing!! @shan24 I haven't had pancakes in months, it was so random lol
  • canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited March 2017
    I threw a fit at starbucks this morning on the way to work because they didn't have my Mint Majesty tea. So I got a half caff latte instead all while huffing and puffing. You know how they have those new spring cups they're supposed to draw on for you? Yea, mine was left blank. Jerks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• I threw a fit at starbucks this morning on the way to work because they didn't have my Mint Majesty tea. So I got a half caff latte instead all while huffing and puffing. You know how they have those new spring cups they're supposed to draw on for you? Yea, mine was left blank. Jerks. 

Omg lol, that's actually kind of funny! I didn't know they drew on them. I got my H a latte, I'll have to go check out his cup :lol:

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• In hindsight I guess it is kinda funny. But man I was disappointed. I didn't even realize they drew on them versus drawing on them yourself until I looked up the hashtag for "StarbucksSprinfCups". @Uhlease13

Pregnancy Ticker

• I kept meaning to start a randoms thread all week. And kept forgetting.

And they say pregnancy brain isn't real. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore

Totally real. I just said to DH I'm really brainless lately. I left without my purse this morning. Only had my keys. I also keep forgetting important dates. Like when bills are due. Oops. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @jessafishy I keep forgetting too! I am starting to get overwhelmed with our boards chaotic structure though. I normally am easy going, but there are several threads that have been bumped to the second page and I am probably being a baby for being so bothered by that so I'm blaming the hormones. In fact I know hormones have something to do with it, because I feel like my house is a chaotic mess and I need to purge/clean everything. Just taking a gander at the other BMBs and they all seem to have it a bit more organized, so we just may be the board that goes against the grain.  :/

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH took DS to watch soccer this morning so I'm just relaxing with coffee and it's amazing. I'm in a Fitbit step challenge this weekend though and I get stupidly competitive so I'll have to get moving at some point.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I threw a fit at starbucks this morning on the way to work because they didn't have my Mint Majesty tea. So I got a half caff latte instead all while huffing and puffing. You know how they have those new spring cups they're supposed to draw on for you? Yea, mine was left blank. Jerks. 

The cups are actually meant for you to draw your own spring picture! 

The cups are actually meant for you to draw your own spring picture! 
    But most of my friends have the baristas do it. Hmmm 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I love college basketball.  This is my favorite weekend to veg on the couch and soak it in!  

Pregnancy brain is sooo totally real. Add to that having a toddler and my brain has seriously left the building. 
  • I dunno what's wrong with my app but I can't start new threads.  I get this when I click on New Discussion.... ummmmmmm I AM on the app...
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dunno what's wrong with my app but I can't start new threads.  I get this when I click on New Discussion.... ummmmmmm I AM on the app...
    And I click on it and get this
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our 3 year old has her first experience with pink eye. We had it diagnosed last night (teladoc for the WIN, if your insurance offers it, it took our $75 copay to $0!) but couldn't get the prescription filled until this morning. Hearing blood curdling screams at 3am because your child can't open her eyes is not my idea of a good time. On the plus side, she's rather agreeable to the eye drops since I told her they will help keep her eyes from being glued shut again. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone else been having trouble with the desktop version of TB constantly logging you out? 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife something similar happened to us. I handle all of our bills, so DH just leaves everything in a pile for me on my desk. Somehow I missed an envelope from our bank, and it sat for over a month. I opened it the other day and it was a $1000 check for the surplus on our escrow, too! Awesome surprise.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @beezeemarie nice! I guess they most banks do the escrow review around this time then. I will be setting a calendar reminder for next year, hopefully the same thing happens.  :D
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @beezeemarie @ChocolateIsLife same thing here! I had been staring at the pile of mail on the counter for about a week. I generally just shred our statements so thank god I opened this because it looked the same. We got about $1900 back. I didn't quite believe it was real and had to ask my mom what it was #adulting

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also I've watched Moana about 137 times this week. I'm just glad we've moved on from Frozen.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm working a party at the studio again. Guess who's trying to stay awake at the desk. Today is a terrible, no good, horrible, sleepy, day. Thankful mondays are just for making lunches and getting kids to school.  I need some energy help. This is getting really out of control. Come on second tri!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• It weirds me out that there are 12.5K views on Introductions but only 415 replies. I understand that there will be a discrepancy but that's a huge difference.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It weirds me out that there are 12.5K views on Introductions but only 415 replies. I understand that there will be a discrepancy but that's a huge difference.

So I totally get where you are coming from here but my own experience may provide a theory. I didnt joint this group right away and my due date is towards the end of the month. When I joined there were so many intro posts already that I didn't have time to read through them although I would much prefer to do that than chase around my toddler sometimes. I didn't feel it was quite right for me to go in and drop an intro on myself if I wasn't willing to read the ones others posted. Plus I felt like the quantity was overwhelming enough and at that point it seems like people don't read the newest ones. Though that could be a totally wrong assumption. So though I read maybe the first page or so, I didn't continue and didn't post. Perhaps this is what happened with a lot of other people. However, now that I typed that out that doesn't seem like it would be enough to explain the discrepancy. As you mention, the discrepancy is super large. Maybe a lot of lurkers? Or maybe people on the cusp of oct and either September or November just trying to get a feel so they can figure out which month they want to join. Now I'm just totally throwing random guesses. I don't know. But it is super weird. 
  • edited March 2017

It weirds me out that there are 12.5K views on Introductions but only 415 replies. I understand that there will be a discrepancy but that's a huge difference.

This number counts views, not individual viewers :) so everytime I, for example, go to look at a new intro it counts me again. 

Eta: we had this exact same discussion on TTGP a few months back and were super skeeved until someone pointed this out.

• This number counts views, not individual viewers :) so everytime I, for example, go to look at a new intro it counts me again. 
    This! I also go every time there's a new intro to read it and like it :) 
  • We are taking DS to the children's museum today and I am so excited. I take him usually once a month because we have a membership. But today is the first time DH is getting to come with us. I just know DH is going to have sooo much fun! I actually can't wait haha
  • JessDG said:
    I love college basketball.  This is my favorite weekend to veg on the couch and soak it in!  
    My cousin plays for Toledo!!   
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I got super excited when I got to work this morning and realized that my lesson plans for today are cake!   I teach high school Spanish and today is a review day for their test.   Quizlet live all day.   The kids love it and it's super easy for me!   Win for the first tri teacher right there!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I go off for one weekend without cell service and this place finally sees some life!  Looks like I have a lot to catch up on today. 

Also, we decided to extend our camping weekend for the entire week and just go back and forth to work from there, I may be regretting that already!  This preggo is so tired.  But it's so nice and relaxing. 

• I opened my curtains this morning and saw five squad cars! Granted, I live on a major, major street in a space above retail but yikes! I know the business owner beside us (empty below us) and he doesn't have a story yet so I think it may have been domestic. I didn't hear a thing - and I hear literally everything because I am hyper-vigilant from previous trauma.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• I had a headache all day yesterday and it's still lingering. Ugh. I need to get some more Vitamin B2 to see if that will help this time around, but I have a suspicion that it's related to the crazy up and down weather we continue to have.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore