June 2017 Moms

Momma Drama Part 2

So I just found out that my mother is posting pictures of me and my kid on several social media platforms. I've let her know several times in the past that I do not want this to happen. She clearly got the memo because she created a different page than the one I'm used to seeing and blocked me from it. The only reason I found out is because she was dumb enough to start tagging herself in my husbands pictures. 

Aside from committing a felony, is there anything I can do to get her to stop this?

Re: Momma Drama Part 2

• I'm not sure. But I'm sorry. That sucks
  • Report her to FB. Don't send her photos of the two of you and if she asks what happens, tell her she won't be allowed any unless she stops. 
  • Loading the player...
  • XathXath member
    I agree with reporting the photos.  That is 100% not ok.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thats so infuriating. I also do not let others post pics of my son without permission. I want to have control over what is out there. Creating a whole other account? Wow. Other than reporting it Im not sure what you can do.
  • Yes, definitely report the photos. That sucks, sorry your mom is like that!
  • You should also ask your DH to change his privacy settings to be more restrictive and yours if they are not already highly restrictive. It's better to do it through setting so you can see all of your options, the privacy shortcuts are just the basic ones. Facebooks options maybe limited if you cannot prove the pictures are some one else's property due to the wording of their TOS and pictures based off of a similar situation a friend had. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• We just updated his privacy settings and reported her page. FB won't let me report her pictures though. I am so annoyed because they are pictures I never saw or wanted put up on Facebook. I feel so betrayed, she must have been collecting pictures that everyone else sent her. 
  • Your mom sounds like a peach. Sorry, don't have any real advice. Hopefully, Facebook does something, but it sounds like she will just make another page since she doesn't understand boundaries.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Report the photos and can you lock yours down from her? That sucks, I'm sorry you're still dealing with that.
  • *trigger alert*
    Ugh that's awful. I can relate. Last summer my mother posted our private "parent only" baby #2 announcement picture to FB. I was only 6 weeks and I was clear we didn't want it leaving the inner circle. We got in a big fight because she wouldn't take it down. It ended up being an ectopic pregnancy and I miscarried. I haven't spoken to her since August 1st. She was too busy carrying about herself and getting comments from her friends to think of her own daughter. Obviously we have history of a troubled relationship but that was really the end for me.
  • onaedonaed member
    @email2ash wowwwwwwwwww my mouth dropped when I read this. 
  • email2ash said:
    *trigger alert*
    Ugh that's awful. I can relate. Last summer my mother posted our private "parent only" baby #2 announcement picture to FB. I was only 6 weeks and I was clear we didn't want it leaving the inner circle. We got in a big fight because she wouldn't take it down. It ended up being an ectopic pregnancy and I miscarried. I haven't spoken to her since August 1st. She was too busy carrying about herself and getting comments from her friends to think of her own daughter. Obviously we have history of a troubled relationship but that was really the end for me.
    I am so sorry. It sounds like our mothers are related.