May 2017 Moms

FFFC 3-17

Re: FFFC 3-17

• Oh I have one! I don't understand people who hope to have "a small baby" I get the logic of maybe it will hurt less, but I'm pretty sure no matter the size birth hurts. DD was 9.9lbs and had to have her blood checked. I know the ideal weight is between 7.5-8lbs right? Most of my friends had pretty tiny babies and it's like, if you look at them they might break! I'm not saying I hope DS is 9lbs or anything, but I don't wish for a 6lb baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bacorrea eh I would take a (healthy) 6-pounder! I love me a squishy little newborn and 9-10 pounders seem like 2-month olds!! Plus I have a couple adorable newborn outfits I would hate to waste :)

that being said Im trying not to hope for anything! 
  • Mine is I have taken hot baths almost daily this pregnancy. My belly stays out of the water (for the most part) so that's how I've justified it being ok. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine is I have taken hot baths almost daily this pregnancy. My belly stays out of the water (for the most part) so that's how I've justified it being ok. 
    If I had a big enough bath tub (mines just the tiny standard one, not comfortable at all) I would be taking hot baths too! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • kayemjay2 said:
    I'm due on 5/26 and I am really hoping this kid comes out before June...partially because I much prefer May's birthstone and I really want some kind of jewelry with both boys' birthstones. (I'm not really a "jewelry person" but I really like that idea.)
    My DD is May. I'm due 5/25 and am hoping DS comes in May as well. Then I don't need two different stones since they'd share.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • @BeachMommy2B I have been taking nearly daily baths since about 24 weeks.  It is so relaxing and helps my back and sacral area feel better.  
  • @jens_hoes I imagine we will vote at least 5 people to make decisions and to be admins of the group? Who knows. I can barely remember how it was done on my last BMB! I'm guessing the "process" will start early may if not sooner

• Jens_Hoes said:
    Another FFFC: I'm both anxious and excited about how we as a board will figure out the letters to Hogwarts. I feel like that has really been the only major divisive topic we've had here. 
    I'm quite curious and anxious to know when the whole process is going to start.... 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @Jens_Hoes in my last BMB a group of regs just started a group and PM'd other regs they liked to ask if they wanted an invite. 

I think posting about it makes the bump gods angry and tends to cause a shitshow. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Just came in from playing in the snow with DH and DD at 10pm. She is 2 and usually is in bed around 8:30, but we haven't really had many snow play opportunities this winter. 
  • PghMom412 said:
    Just came in from playing in the snow with DH and DD at 10pm. She is 2 and usually is in bed around 8:30, but we haven't really had many snow play opportunities this winter. 
    That sounds super fun! You have to break routines every once in a while. It makes life more interesting. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• hp_momma said:
    Jens_Hoes said:
    Another FFFC: I'm both anxious and excited about how we as a board will figure out the letters to Hogwarts. I feel like that has really been the only major divisive topic we've had here. 
    I'm quite curious and anxious to know when the whole process is going to start.... 
    I'm quite curious as to what you're all talking about. What did I miss?

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I am curious about how this will play out too. One thing to consider if it will happen around all the births is that some women that have not been active or lurk only seem to come back/become active in the few weeks prior to delivery. It's like in the last few weeks they really want the support/camaraderie of having a baby. So do they make it in even though they were not around most of the time but are really active for a few weeks?

I also remember in my last bmb a bunch of randoms that would post in the birth announcements even though they were never active on the board.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @vrj0522 Thats my concern too, as we get closer to delivery more lurkers are going to start coming out, so how do we decide who gets a letter and who doesn't? 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • hp_momma said:
    @vrj0522 Thats my concern too, as we get closer to delivery more lurkers are going to start coming out, so how do we decide who gets a letter and who doesn't? 
    I feel conflicted about it. In some ways I feel like the letters should go out before May to prevent that? Then again I also know that even some of our regs will unfortunately drop off permanently after delivery so then should we wait for that to happen? But we do we are back to trying to figure out what do with all the newly active people.
    Married 8/27/2011

• But but but lurkers like lurking and even knowing there are other ladies in one's same situation is extremely comforting, even if we don't come out of lurk-dom. I guess count me down for hoping this board doesn't just fall off the earth. 
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the lurker in Hogwarts issue. I'm for it, I'm nervouse about it...lets fly by the seat of our pants! 

My FCCC: I never gave up laying and sleeping on my back. It's the only way I can fully stretch out and it feels great. Also, I usually can still figure out a way to lay on my stomach.
  • absbubbs said:

My FCCC: I never gave up laying and sleeping on my back. It's the only way I can fully stretch out and it feels great. Also, I usually can still figure out a way to lay on my stomach.
    I wake up on my back All. The. Time. Even the nights I sleep with my Snoogle. My midwife told me if the weight of the baby is enough to start causing problems my body will wake up so I can roll back on my side before any damage can be done. I fall asleep on my side every night but I'm always so comfy when I wake up on my back in the middle of the night.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hope everyone stays around after a FB group is formed as I don't/won't have an account there and know others who are in the same boat. I'll definitely still be around post birth too, especially for late night feedings
    Sadly, I think that once the transition happens, this board will really slow down. If you look through other boards, even as recent as dec16 and jan17, most die down. I know there are plenty of people that don't have a fb account. In my last bmb we had a couple of regs who created non-searchable, very private accounts so that they could join us.  Maybe something to consider? 
    Married 8/27/2011

• pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited March 2017
    vrj0522 said:
    Hope everyone stays around after a FB group is formed as I don't/won't have an account there and know others who are in the same boat. I'll definitely still be around post birth too, especially for late night feedings
    Sadly, I think that once the transition happens, this board will really slow down. If you look through other boards, even as recent as dec16 and jan17, most die down. I know there are plenty of people that don't have a fb account. In my last bmb we had a couple of regs who created non-searchable, very private accounts so that they could join us.  Maybe something to consider? 
    This. I hope some of the regs will take that route depending on how much things slow down, which I'm sure will be a lot. Those who absolutely do not want to create an account at all, I'm just curious of the reasoning?

ETA mobile bumping

• @pshaortao While I have a facebook, I understand the desire not to.  I honestly HATE facebook and find it to be very AWish.  The main reason why I'm on facebook is because of the Etsy related and crafting related groups that I'm in to promote and learn about my small business.  If it wasn't for that, I'm not sure I'd be on it.
  • @emilyalso I totally would have done the same  :# Sorry you got bitten!

We finally got DD to open her mouth willingly for us when we asked to count her teeth. We would count very slowly as we brush a specific tooth and be like WOW you have this many teeth! It doesn't always work at 2.5yo now since she is very insistent that she does it herself.  :(

• @Jens_Hoes - A few years ago, I cleaned house on FB and went from maybe 700 friends people that I knew or had met once or had gone to elementary school with to ~150 that I might actually speak to if I saw them in public. I would say I have unfollowed 80% of those people now. They are sweet and nice and well-meaning, but I don't have the time in my day to keep up with theirs! I also realized that certain people - through no fault of their own - were making me feel discontent with my life. I honestly don't think they were posting things to 'talk up' their lives, but I was tired of making comparisons. 

Long story short, I hear you LOUD AND CLEAR! I follow a few business pages to watch for sales, and just try to keep up with my 'actual' friends now.  :#
  • kat81kat81 member
    bacorrea said:
    Oh I have one! I don't understand people who hope to have "a small baby" I get the logic of maybe it will hurt less, but I'm pretty sure no matter the size birth hurts. DD was 9.9lbs and had to have her blood checked. I know the ideal weight is between 7.5-8lbs right? Most of my friends had pretty tiny babies and it's like, if you look at them they might break! I'm not saying I hope DS is 9lbs or anything, but I don't wish for a 6lb baby. 
    Agreed. Some people have super small pelvises and so they really can't birth a child over a certain size and must get a c-section, but it's pretty rare to a) be that small yourself and b) be that small but birth a really big baby (e.g. you'd have to have a super tall/big husband, usually.)

I had one baby who was 6 lbs 6oz and another who was 7lbs 6oz. They both came out equally easily (actually the bigger one came out more easily, but she was the second kid so I think it's a wash.) The bigger baby was MUCH easier to care for in the beginning. The little one had a ton of trouble nursing and gaining weight for a while, so he stayed very small for a while (though he caught up and was plenty fat by 5-6 mo). Granted I've never birthed a big baby, but between those two I prefer the larger one. 6lbs was too small. He was a bit too small for the newborn clothes at first, and then wore these for a quite a while before graduating to 0-3.

• I guess my confession is I haven't started brushing ds teeth yet... he's 18 mo has 16 teeth and I'm so super guilty. The pediatrician has given him two fluoride treatments. We have a brush and paste. It's mostly I do everything bath, clean up room, make sure there's diapers stocked in the caddy and wipes, laundry, dinner most nights, pick up drop off daycare and night time routine that I feel like one more thing will break me. But I laugh because new baby is a new thing. Can't ask dh because he's horrible with dental care and if he's not going to take care of himself he's going to "forget" or barely do ds dental care