July 2017 Moms

March Plus Size Check In

I hadn't seen this thread in a while and I know there's at least a few of us on here.

How far along are you?

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses?

Triumphs?

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?

Me: 26  Him: 27
Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: March Plus Size Check In

• How far along are you? 23w5d

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses? The biggest struggle has been with my hips and the aches/pains. I know they're part of the "process"...it doesn't make them suck any less. Especially when your primary commuting mode is walking and public transit. I went ahead and put in for another month of transit benefits, but I feel like April will be my last month.

I'm also struggling with how to approach the subject of boundaries with my parents and my MIL. I'm worried that any attempt to give my parents seemingly more than MIL will not go over well with DH. The bottom line is that I trust my parents and I have no qualms about leaving the baby with them. My MIL, on the other hand, I do not trust, and it's something I'm trying to work through. For both of the parental sets, I refuse to be steamrolled (which, based on past experience, is a HUGE part of who MIL is). DH and I have already started talking about what WE want with OUR child(ren) and I think the hardest part is going to be enforcing that with the grandparents.

Triumphs?  Well, not having my weight thrown back into my face at every appointment has been a huge change. I'm sure that will end at some point because I'm not a small woman, but the fact that the baby is healthy and measuring on track for my EDD is probably helping. Yes, I'm not happy with my size and I was actively losing before the BFP (and intend to get back on track after the baby is born), but I'm not letting other people dictate what I can and cannot eat or do. I have my days where I want something "bad", but compared to before the BFP, it's actually less now. I consider it a HUGE triumph (however small).

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? Have any of your doctors said anything about a C-section being a more likely option? I've been reading a lot of literature lately and that is listed as one of the "side effects" of being plus-sized and pregnant. 

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? My parents got me hand towels for my birthday this year (LOL). My MIL frequently gives me bad gifts, like a cheap plastic makeup organizer or a (tacky) martini glass. I do get a lot of gifts that I feel like the person giving them THINKS I should want or have, but they just mean nothing to me. Like the antique hand mirror I got at my bridal shower. Or the set of china from my grandmother (we did not register for any china).
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @lfk2013 Good for you to push through that sounds so uncomfortable!  I have to do a fair amount of walking and so far it hasn't bothered me, so I've been fortunate in that.  I completely get trusting your parents over your ILs too.  I would never leave LO alone with my MIL because she can hardly take care of herself let alone my child. For us, it's not even a matter of trusting, it's just know that she couldn't possibly handle a baby on her own.

I think when it comes to what you want, you just have to be firm.  It will probably anger those around you, but bottom line, it's your child.  My mom emailed me asking, "Is my baby moving today?" I responded back that I had no idea what her baby as doing, by MY baby was blah blah blah.  And she said I was being a baby hog.  I told her I didn't realize you could hog your own child.  I know it's partially in good fun and all, but a majority of my family refers to my LO as "our baby" which is strange, but I'm not backing down.

It's so great that your weight hasn't been an issue!  I was worried about that too, but the docs have been pushing me to gain weight and luckily my last visit they said I'm on track for what they want and that I could gain another 8-22 lbs the remainder of my pregnancy and they'd still consider it normal.   :|

I assumed based on my height alone (5'1") that I'd be more prone to a c-section, but my doc said she thinks it's way to early to decide and that height/weight alone wouldn't be the only considerations.  She didn't go into more detail, but I am hoping to avoid the c-section if I can.  I did read that, but I know very few plus size women that had c-sections interestingly enough.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 21+3

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses?  Recently, I had been struggling with body image as I have lost about 75 lbs prior to getting pregnant and seeing my stomach grow again was kind of a mindf*ck.  I've gotten better about it though because I feel her moving and see my stomach jump when she kicks so I know it's her and am wrapping my mind around the fact that it's not fat.  I spoke with my doctor about this too and she said that it's normal to feel that way, but to realize that my weight is stable and I'm not putting on fat, but growing a human. She put a lot of emphasis on this which helped my perspective a lot.

Triumphs?  I have managed to keep my weight where it needs to be, while still indulging more than I should.  I plan to clean up my eating a heck of a lot next week to give my LO everything she needs.  I know I've slipped from my clean eating that I was very strict about prior to my BFP, so I want to get back on track with that to make it easier after delivery.

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?  Do you think your weight has made you less excited to be pregnant?  I'm trying to figure out if it's affected me.  As stated above, I lost a good amount prior to my BFP, but I wasn't done.  I'm satisfied with my size right now bc I'm not uncomfortable really, but curious if I am robbing myself of some joy because I wasn't a perfect BMI.

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?  My BIL gave me a furry vest this past Christmas.  I'm really not sure AT ALL why he thought that was my style, but I can't bring myself to find any way to wear it.  I also got a Peanuts shower curtain from a friend once because she 'remembered how much I love Peanuts and Charlie Brown.'  Ummm... That's cool, but it's never been my thing and I don't remember ever telling anyone at all that I like that comic.  Very weird.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?  Do you think your weight has made you less excited to be pregnant?  I'm trying to figure out if it's affected me.  As stated above, I lost a good amount prior to my BFP, but I wasn't done.  I'm satisfied with my size right now bc I'm not uncomfortable really, but curious if I am robbing myself of some joy because I wasn't a perfect BMI.
    Full disclosure: I am a lurker from Aug2017 BMB. We don't have this thread and I think I want to start one. 

I really like the point that you make @maybeitsmadeline. It really made me think about my emotions regarding my weight this time around. I am a mom of 2 and this is my third. Between each pregnancy I have tried to lose weight and end up with a BFP instead LOL. I am constantly fighting negative thoughts because my bump isn't perfect and therefore I shouldn't be able to show it off. I finally get to the conclusion that I have every right to be happy and excited to show off my bump. I am trying to eat healthy and move as much as possible. I'm not dieting but just trying to be healthy for my baby. Because we are PS doesn't mean that we deserve less than other mommas out there!  

Yes we will gain weight but we are also being rewarded with the most precious gift there is! 

• CPR79CPR79 member
    Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses?  Recently, I had been struggling with body image as I have lost about 75 lbs prior to getting pregnant and seeing my stomach grow again was kind of a mindf*ck.  I've gotten better about it though because I feel her moving and see my stomach jump when she kicks so I know it's her and am wrapping my mind around the fact that it's not fat.  I spoke with my doctor about this too and she said that it's normal to feel that way, but to realize that my weight is stable and I'm not putting on fat, but growing a human. She put a lot of emphasis on this which helped my perspective a lot.

**Stuck in the box**

More than 10 years ago, I lost about 60 pounds (Was about 230 at 5'9", got down to about 170 initially, then a few years ago got back up to about 190.  Joined weight watchers, got back down to around 160 then eventually evened out at around 175, which I was ok with.  I have only recently started having some anxiety about my weight regarding this pregnancy.  I gained nothing in the first trimester but have been gaining quite a bit in the last month or so.  I know that I will gain weight from the pregnancy, but I feel like it's going too fast and maybe I am gaining too much?  Doctor hasn't said anything about it though, guess I'll talk about this at my next appointment as she knows none of this history, I was living in another state at the time I lost the initial weight. 
  • @morgy_bee I'm glad you jumped in!  It's kind of one of those things where I don't want it to seem like PS moms need to be alienated, but rather joined together to remember you're not alone.  I often don't realize that there are PS moms in this BMB because they have the avatars and I always picture them super thin because the avatars are thin.

As for the topic, I think it's something we might struggle with depending on the day.  I have my days where I feel like I shouldn't be happy I'm pregnant, but the last two days I've felt such a love for what my body is accomplishing and the little girl I'm growing and it's simply amazing.  Just because our bodies aren't in the perfect shape doesn't mean we can't be proud of what they can do.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CPR79 I would definitely consult your doctor.  Mine harped on gaining weight in the beginning and I had to actually ask her during my last visit how I was doing weight wise because she had nothing to say surprisingly. I was pleasantly surprised when she said everything was on track and weight-wise I was doing really well, so that made me happy.  I think also knowing what they expect of you in regards to your weight throughout the duration of your pregnancy should give you a good idea of what to expect over the next x amount of weeks.

My doc was monitoring my weight closely before because she took out my mirena and I spoke with her about how my weight would contribute to my wanting to get pregnant so I think giving your doc your weight history and goals will help bridge that gap.  Good luck and remember it's all for the good of your baby!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline thanks for making this!

How far along are you? 24w4d

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses? I think my main struggle has been trying to be physically active. I started off the pregnancy with plans to stay active, walk, do prenatal exercise videos, etc. Then when I had some spotting at the beginning I chickened out and didn't do much at all. Now I find myself struggling to get into the groove of taking some time out for exercise. Especially because I always feel sooo tired! But I know everyone says you'll feel better and do better during labor if you're more physically active throughout the pregnancy.

Triumphs? I've thankfully been doing well with my weight so far! I think I gained a few in the past three weeks since my last visit but I started off losing and then hadn't really even gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight yet, despite the occasional indulgences, which I think is because I've been trying hard to balance them with more fruits and nuts and healthier snacks.

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? I once got a marionette from a friend as part of a secret santa thing in high school. She also gave me chocolates so I just said "thank you" and then kinda ignored the marionette... I think it's probably still in my parents' house somewhere, but I never really knew what I was supposed to do with it!

@lfk2013, I haven't been told by my own doctor that I'm at higher risk for C-section but I have heard that before. Oddly enough, it was a few years ago when I was talking to an OB resident who out of the blue started talking about c-section statistics in overweight women. At first I thought he was making some kind of vague commentary on my weight but as he kept talking it seemed like he had one of his own patients in mind.  My doctor told me we were aiming for a vaginal delivery, so that's all I'm holding on to. I'm also looking to my sister as hopefully a good sign because she's probably around my size and had three uncomplicated vaginal deliveries.

@maybeitsmadeline I can't say that I'm less excited to be pregnant, but I do sometimes feel weird or awkward about certain things that I think I wouldn't be if weight wasn't always on my mind. For instance, there are three other pregnant women at my job. Two are due later on in July and one in September. I am larger than all of them and I always felt weird when people would comment about them "showing" but not me. Or once a few weeks ago someone literally looked me up and down and said "nope, you still don't look pregnant!"  And I imagine that if I was a thinner person maybe that would be a compliment? But I have personally noticed my belly has been much larger than its ever been and so to me it just feels like they don't notice it because they just expect my belly to be big because I'm fat.  I don't know if that made sense? It makes more sense in my head lol.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you? 20+5

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses? 
    Probably making myself realize I need to eat for baby to be healthy. I have a problem with not eating when I get depressed about being overweight. 6 years ago I was 110lbs
    after losing 40 lbs in 4 months. The weight loss was a combo of stress, walking 11-12 miles a day (6 purposely after retail work) and not eating. Like all day I would only eat a candy bar or a soft taco from taco bell. When my husband & I started dating he would make sure I ate and tried to help with the stress. After 6 months I was up to 130 and feeling good. I ended up getting back to 150 before getting pregnant with DS2. I gained 40lbs with him. I then got pregnant right away (8wks pp) with DS3. So I only lost about 10lbs before gaining 30lbs in his pregnancy. I was up to 210. Right before this pregnancy I had made it to 195 and was so proud. 

Sorry that was long. Basically struggling to eat right. Even with my McFlurry cravings lol.

Triumphs? 

My ex got me a necklace with a birthstone as the stone for my birthday one year. The birthstone was neither mine,his or our childs. Still not sure how he forgot my bday was on Halloween when we'd known each other for awhile by then. He got me May's birthstone so not even close to October.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks for bringing it back @maybeitsmadeline!
    • How far along are you? 24+1

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses?  I've been putting on more weight with this pregnancy than I would like. Especially since I wasn't really starting from a great place. I was really hoping to exercise more, but the SPD makes it so even walking briskly feels like my body is ripping apart. 

Triumphs?  I've decided to let my husband take a couple of pictures of me. (Not boudoir style, just wearing a normal maxi dress). Honestly, I have a few photographer friends whose feelings have been hurt because I refuse to do maternity shoots. I'm just so uncomfortable in my skin...even before pregnancy that I'm self-conscious about things like my arm flab. Even saying yes to my husband feels like a minor victory, so I'll celebrate it. 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?  Hmm...not that I can think of. 

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?  My uncle gave me a taxidermy owl wearing a top hat and glasses. He thought it was hysterical. I did not... 
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses? I have gained more weight than I wanted to. I'm only 10 lbs away from the weight I was when I gave birth to my DS, and I'm only a little over halfway through. I have been eating poorly, though, so I can't act surprised... It's never easy for me to resist temptations, let alone pregnant. 

Triumphs?
    I wish I had something to put here. Sigh. Feeling a bit down at the moment. 

My mom went into the hospital via ambulance on Christmas morning one year. She had cancer, and had to be heavily medicated to be comfortable. We learned later that day that she couldn't be conscious and comfortable at the same time, and that basically our time with her was at an end. She died about a week later. Needless to say we did not open/exchange gifts that day. I spoke to my dad (they're divorced) Christmas evening and he was very annoyed at me for not opening his gift (seriously???) because he had paid extra to have it there by Christmas. When I opened it a day or two later, it was a long coat that didn't button well over my hips. It was really unflattering and not my style. When I told my dad that I appreciated the thought but that I planned to exchange it for something I'd use more, he told me in all seriousness that he'd rather I kept it, even if it hung in my closet never worn. I exchanged it anyway. The gift was bad but the worst part was my dad's behavior.
  • @maybeitsmadeline I dare you to wear the furry vest for the next HDBD!! My friend at work has a few furry vests and I always refer to them as 'yeti-chic' 

@manillabar I hear you on the exercise goals. I anticipated that I would be far more active during my pregnancy, but it's been such a struggle. Even walking around the block for 10 minutes hurts my lower back. Carrying around a baby is so tiring.  

How far along are you? 
    23+5

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses? I'm experiencing some hip pain at night which is no fun. Also dealing with some body image issues related to weight. Prior to getting pregnant I was on a weight loss journey and had lost about 15 pounds and was feeling really good. It's a bit disheartening to see the scale go back up, but I keep trying to remind myself that supporting this baby is one of the most important things my body will ever do. One thing that's freaking me out a bit is the thought of how much bigger my boobs are going to get. They're already massive and I really don't want them to get any bigger. 

Triumphs? I started taking aqua-size classes and swimming laps in the pool. It's easier on my body than zumba and walking, and it helps me sleep at night. 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? When were you able to feel baby from the outside? I think my fluff is 'muffling' the baby kicks, but I'm not sure. I'm so excited for my boyfriend to feel baby, but it feels like we're still a few weeks off. 

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? I've honestly been pretty happy with what I've received over the years and never got anything too 'out there.' Years ago my parents received a ceramic life size dog statue (think a 12lb dog, not very big), and they hated it but kept it in the family room next to the fire place so not to offend the gift giver (my older bro). One of the cats ended up falling in love with the dog statue and we wouldn't let my parent's get rid of it because it would hurt the cat's feelings  :D 
  • @manillabar I can't believe people tell you that you still don't look pregnant!  I definitely can tell in your HDBD photos!  That's always my fear is that I just appear to have a huge belly rather than looking like I'm growing a baby.  I try to ignore it most days and just try to remember that I am regardless of what people might think.  I agree with seeing your belly as larger than it's ever been!  Mine has been the same.  Yet, I still feel like I just look fatter.  Also, depending on what I wear I just look fat vs. pregnant.  Tight shirts are my friend lol.

Also, marionettes are super creepy in my book.   :#

@michelle04us I have not thought about a mcflurry once this pregnancy!  I used to love getting them before (m&m), but strangely they haven't been on my radar at all.  Oh my goodness.  Maybe he thought the birthstone was just a stone and was pretty?  *goes to google May birthstone*

@lanie1000  Letting your husband take photos of you is a huge victory.  I told DH I'm not comfortable doing a maternity shoot, but he really wants to me do it even if the photos just sit in a drawer because they're memories I might want to look back on.  I'm still not sure if I will or not, but props to you for allowing him to do that!  If DH had any talent with a camera I would consider that, but he's lucky to just take my weekly bump photos for my progress tracking on an iPhone haha!  Taxidermy anything is scary as all get out.

@mamadcb  Don't feel down girl!  You have a huge support system her in this group.  I'm glad you feel safe to confide in us about your feelings and we all get it I'm sure!  I have been eating poorly too.  I go through periods of eating better and then, like today, I have a sausage and cheese kolache and a chocolate iced donut for breakfast.  :s  Balance?  Who knows.  I plan to try to shape it up next week with salads and things that are more beneficial to my baby.  Maybe start by picking one or two days a week where you're disciplined and try to slowly increase it so at least half your week you're eating clean and the rest you can indulge?  Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk because I know it's a huge struggle.

Also, on your worst gift, I'm so sorry that happened to you and from your dad of all people.  I don't see why he wouldn't have wanted you to exchange it, especially if it wasn't flattering!

@a_wee_bit_terrified  Girl you're on!  I'll be rocking a furry vest next HDBD!  It's blech. I completely understand your body image issues!  I was really struggling with that too especially being on a weight loss journey myself.  I know it helped after about 10 people telling me this, but realizing that the weight I was putting on was good for my baby.  As long as you maintain a fairly healthy diet, indulging isn't all that bad.  I know my mom was around 200 when she got pregnant with me and gained 50 lbs which blows my mind!  After she gave birth she said she dropped 30 of that in a few weeks, so I wouldn't worry too much about what you're putting on because the odds are good that a lot of it will come back off.

I love aqua classes!  I haven't been to any in a while, but they are so good on your joints and I'm a July baby so the water is my love.  I feel my baby a ton on the inside and I can see the movement from the outside, but I've yet to feel good-strong-I'm-100%-positive-this-is-my-baby-moving kicks from the outside.  I imagine it definitely has to do with fluff.  I consider myself lucky that I can actually feel it on the inside because I was worried I would be much farther along before I could feel anything.  If anyone has experience with this, I'm interested too!

Too funny about the cat loving the statue!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline lol yea my craving is McFlurrys(reese cup) this pregnancy. Im doing good where if i get one I limit my sugar intake the rest of the day (didn't used to do that) so I guess thats a victory. 

Oh I wish it was just because it was a stone and pretty. While I was unwrapping it he said he wanted to get me something personal and he knew I loved my birthstone (opal). Well, when I opened it and saw the emerald green stone I just gave him a blank look. He couldn't figure out where he went wrong till I explained my bday is in Oct therefore either opal or pink tourmaline. 
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @michelle04us Oh my goodness.  Yeah, there's no coming back from that lol.  I tried to give him some benefit of the doubt, but no dice!   :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline I agree that it depends on what I wear, I bought a couple shirts too big and they do just make me look frumpy but lately even then I feel like my stomach sticks out.  Plus I have some stomach flab, so lately I've been wearing a belly band to help round it out and look more pregnant-y lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @a_wee_bit_terrified the back pain is real! And supposedly it'll get better if we're more active but who wants to be active when your back hurts?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @michelle04us I was going to suggest the same thing about his reasoning, but I guess not! Too bad :(

@maybeitsmadeline Thank you for the encouragement. We are going on vacation for a week (leaving tomorrow am) and I am going to make a concerted effort not to go too crazy. We'll have a kitchen and I've packed lots of food so there's no reason I can't have "normal" meals, especially breakfast and lunch. I know we'll be eating out some but I am just going to try to keep it in moderation. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline my weight is definitely affecting my personal view of my pregnancy. We plan for this to be my last and I think I will forever live with the regret of never being the "cute pregnant lady" but rater the woman where people were afraid to ask until I was 35 weeks, because they just weren't sure if I was just gaining weight. I can still remember the joy I felt when my priest blessed my stomach during communion with DD. It was the first time at 35 week that I felt like I looked pregnant without someone douting it. I know- a bit crazy, but this weighs on me a lot (no pun intended) I try to wear clothes that make it more obvious- full panels do wonders :)
  • Got a pregnancy belt today. OMG. How much of this tummy is me and how much is baby?  I swear I look 9 months when I'm only 5.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have a mini babymoon in May and the thought of shopping for a swimsuit is giving me heartburn. It's hard enough finding something I feel comfortable in when I'm not pregnant since I'm so bottom-heavy. Even those skirted options always draw more attention to my problem areas.

On the bright side, I won't be nervous about my belly sticking out! 

• lanie1000 said:
    I have a mini babymoon in May and the thought of shopping for a swimsuit is giving me heartburn. It's hard enough finding something I feel comfortable in when I'm not pregnant since I'm so bottom-heavy. Even those skirted options always draw more attention to my problem areas.

On the bright side, I won't be nervous about my belly sticking out! 

Can you just do shorts? My chub rub is already so bad, there is no way I would be bare-thighed by May!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish good call. I hadn't even thought about the chub rub since I wear shorts under all my dresses for that very reason...well, that and jiggle reduction.

Knowing me, I'll spend the whole weekend in a maxi dress or a coverup anyway. 
  • I actually get a lot of my swimsuits from swimsuitsforall.com. Yes, including a few bikinis. I actually like that I can order two different sizes for the top and the bottom.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @star_beagle I've never heard of swimsuits for all until now. It doesn't look like they have maternity swimwear, but I will definitely be checking them out when this baby arrives. Thanks! 
  • mamadcbmamadcb member
    edited April 2017
    Do any of you have nursing bra recommendations? I didn't buy any with my first because shelf-type bras are always too small for my boobs and therefore fit poorly. But with a toddler and a newborn I expect to be nursing on-the-go more and would love to have some good nursing tanks on hand so I don't have to show the world my belly. Plus it will be summer (my first was born in January) and temperature-wise tanks make more sense. Suggestions for large busts?

ETA: the Bravado ones look great but they're so pricey!
  • it's not march anymore but i couldn't find an April thread so here goes

How far along are you?
    28+2

Any struggles as your pregnancy progresses? it's popular here but hip pain!. Also insomnia is no fun! I’d be tired and dying for a wink of sleep but would just flop around for hours. And this thing started where the first few hours of my sleep are super light, you know when you’re asleep but completely aware of your surroundings? So exhausting!

Triumphs?

I’m only 1 kilo above the weight gain goal I set for myself I’m so happy with that!

Also I feel like my almost 2 year old would love having a baby around since she’s obsessed with her 2 months old cousin. Not really a triumph but makes me happy lol.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way, if I walk during the day it makes my hip pain way worse but if I walk at night it helps a lot and almost makes the pain go away completely! So weird.

Clothes that don’t fit or that are waaay too big lol MIL is guilty of both, she doesn’t mean anything mean by it but it just makes me sad.

• @mars8k I totally know what you mean. Getting clothes that are multiple sizes too big always makes me sad, too. I know I'm being hypersensitive, but I can't help
    but think "is that how you see me??" 
  • @mamadcb I hadn't even thought this far!  I guess I need to look into nursing bras for sure.  

@mars8k I completely understand the clothing thing.  Clothes that don't fit period just make you feel bad.  If they're too big you feel like they see you as enormous and clothes that are too tight almost come as an insult.  It's good that your MIL doesn't mean any harm by it, but it still sucks!

I got some maternity leggings at Old Navy and they fit great in the legs, but are all loose in the stomach.  I'm not sure if I should go down a size or not, but that has me a little freaked out that they won't fit.  Has anyone else used those leggings?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline Not sure which leggings you mean, but the ones I got with the full panel are fine except baggy in the crotch. I haven't had the problem yet of being too big in the panel!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish I got the full panel ones that are to the ankle and I was probably an 18 going toward a 16 pre-pregnancy so I got an XL which said 16/18.  The legs fit well, but for whatever reason the panel feels too big.  I like it more snug and supportive, so maybe that's why.  I want to switch them out for a L.  I carry most of my weight in my stomach too, so it's really throwing me off.  I don't have a baggy crotch, but I do have these pulled up almost to my bra line because the panel is so large lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @GlitterFish I got the full panel ones that are to the ankle and I was probably an 18 going toward a 16 pre-pregnancy so I got an XL which said 16/18.  The legs fit well, but for whatever reason the panel feels too big.  I like it more snug and supportive, so maybe that's why.  I want to switch them out for a L.  I carry most of my weight in my stomach too, so it's really throwing me off.  I don't have a baggy crotch, but I do have these pulled up almost to my bra line because the panel is so large lol.
    I think the panel is supposed to go up to your bra line??? At least mine does, so maybe that's why I didn't think it was big! haha
    I wear an XL in them too, but I don't like anything too tight. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• mamadcbmamadcb member
    edited April 2017
    @maybeitsmadeline I have some yoga pants from Old Navy that fit me the same way-- they almost gap at the top, like there's not enough elastic to cinch in above the belly. I like a little snugger fit too. 

Minor rant: I picked up some maternity capris at Motherhood the other day but didn't have time then to try them on. Got home, put them on: they fit fine in the panel/waist/hips which is always my problem, but the legs below the knee were so dang tight! My calves are larger than some people's but not disproportionate with the rest of my body. Really uncomfortable and disappointing to feel too big for stretchy pants :(
  • mamadcb it happens sometimes, chances are it'll expand with use, i know it sucks though.