August 2017 Moms

FFFC 3/17

Any flame free confessions on this St. Patrick's Day??? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 3/17

• Flame it away!
    I'll star by apologizing if my confession upsets anyone but...
    I feel a bit cheated out of the full pregnancy experience because I have not had any nausea/ms. 

• My FFFC  is that I wish someone had thrown a baby shower for my first DD.  Not for all the gifts but I wish I had got the experience of a baby shower. Now I know on that with this baby no one is going to do anything for baby. I'd be so fine with just the games and snacks without gifts. Just being surrounded by excitement for baby and love by family would be fun. I didn't really care before but now with this baby being the last it dose make me a little sad I didn't get to experience that, and that I never will. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• Loading the player...
  • I die a little inside whenever I see a double stroller. My time is coming soon.....
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • LivLew said:
    Flame it away!
    I feel a bit cheated out of the full pregnancy experience because I have not had any nausea/ms. 

You should be happy. Trust. I spent three miserable months vomiting violently, vomiting up bike, with my face covered in broken capillaries from the extra pressure. I lost 25 pounds. It's not a magical experience and be thankful you didn't have to deal with it. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My flame today is not knowing my maternity policy!
    My company didn't have one since it is so small and the only people to have kids were men. They both took a month off. Now, with me they are crafting an official company policy. Great-Yay. But they told me three weeks ago they would be releasing it. 
    Ummm, can you do that? 
    I have to give daycares potential start dates and I have NO idea when they are because I don't have my policy yet. 
    Also, daycares in my area already having waitlists through Jan 2018!!! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @SarahBethBR I definitely feel thankful even if I feel a bit cheated. I just wanted a bit of the morning queasiness. I spent most of my first trimester thinking "am I really pregnant?". I honestly didn't really expect to be sick because I've never puked unless alcohol related. My mom always joked that I'm an alien because she has never seen me puke as a child. I guess I have an iron stomach. 
    @bumpybump I'm one and done. That's why I keep thinking I want the whole experience. I think pregnancy is so weird and wonderful. I just love the whole idea of growing a human being. 
  • @LivLew trust me it is not fun at all my last pregnancy I threw up mostly all 9 months it was horrible, the super nose you get did not help me and with this one I only puke if I am sick or over ate too much.

I think I am hormonal and to add I am feeling sick and right now I am thinking of calling my boss and tell him I am going home because I am not sure what I have but is a mix of stomach ache, fever, and throwing everything up hopefully it is not the flu or whatever virus is going around because I hate being sick.
  • NxyNxy member
    @LivLew I didn't have nausea with DD. I threw up once which is what prompted me to test with her. I get why you'd feel that way because I did too, now I'm kicking myself. What was I thinking? This little baby has had me so nauseous all the time that I've lost 20 pounds. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate St. Patrick's day. 

It's lost all meaning to most people. Just a day to get wasted. My city actually had to cancel one parade because of the violence and utter disregard for property (i.e. vomiting, urination/defecation on private property). However, they brought it back and now they're saying on the news things like, "No arrests this year!" When you have to brag about no arrests you know it's bad overall. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 oh how much I am with you on this! Our city goes a little overboard. I love me a green dyed river, but it is insanity. I used to live by Wrigley- that entire area should have been put on lockdown when St. Patricks rolled around! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • NxyNxy member
    The only thing about St Patrick's day that bothers me is the amount of people who seem to be totally convinced they are Irish. 
    Example, my Dad's family has super Irish roots but they immigrated to Canada and eventually the US between 1835 and 1843. We aren't Irish guys..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LivLew said:
    Flame it away!

I don't quite understand why people think nausea/vomiting is necessary to be or feel pregnant. There are thousands (ok maybe just "a lot") of pregnancy symptoms out there that are shuffled between various pregnancies. Some people have a bunch at once, some have them over the extension of their pregnancy or pregnancies, and some get by with very little ever. I am so thankful not to have bad nausea with this pregnancy. I was pretty queasy in the afternoons last time and it was miserable. I was a slave to food because anytime I got hungry I felt like I was gonna die. Not to mention I have a phobia of nausea/vomiting. MS does not define pregnancy, it's one of many many things that are just considered common. I also had bad dizzy spells and felt faint when I stood too long with my last pregnancy and am thankful to not be experiencing that this time. Why anybody is sad about not feeling miserable is not something I can fathom.
  • I just bought a travel system earlier than I was planning just because it was $90 cheaper in a kelly green color. Happy St. Patrick's Day, y'all!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 oh how much I am with you on this! Our city goes a little overboard. I love me a green dyed river, but it is insanity. I used to live by Wrigley- that entire area should have been put on lockdown when St. Patricks rolled around! 
    @smallbutmighty77
    Ok here's a real FFC for you, as I also lived near Wrigley for awhile (I was south of Belmont but even that was too close).

The "south side Irish parade" was exclusively patronized by white chicks wearing "South Side Irish" t-shirts with North Face jackets taking bar trolleys from Wrigleyville to Bridgeport (or wherever it originally was, sorry) who would never deign to step foot south of the South Loop except for that fucking parade. You ain't South Side Irish, honey, when you're from Michigan, or Naperville or the North Shore. (That's my play on the recent, "You're from Evanston, Bruh!" Fox news drama.)

This topic actually gets me fired up, haha. I'm from the NW burbs originally and have Irish ancestors a few generations back, but that South Side Irish thing is really personal. My old boss is Irish-Irish, and she grew up on Chicago's west side. She remembers the days when store windows used to say things like, "Help Wanted. No Irish."  I'd be ashamed of myself if I played up the South Side Irish thing without being truly affiliated with that community, to say nothing of the transients from other Midwest states who saw the excuse to go down there and make a pigsty out of the community in the name of "Kiss Me I'm [.01%] Irish!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @middy411 For me, was the fact that the midwife wouldn't see me until 9 weeks and during all that time I felt absolutely nothing. Then, I went to my first appointment and they couldn't find a heartbeat with the doppler. So, the first time the pregnancy felt real was at my NT scan at 12 wks. Ms, in my mind, would have validated my pregnancy. I know it's irrational but that's how I felt. Sometimes you just want to have the same symptoms as the people around you to feel normal. 
  • @LivLew - I get that. I've had m/s with both of my pregnancies now, and definitely don't miss it when I'm not pregnant, but on days that I'm not really feeling pregnant and still can't feel LO move, there is comfort in being like "well I'm not nauseous just for shits and giggles...so the baby must be in there". So yeah, when you explain it like that, I totally hear you.

@Nxy - 100% not selfish and shitty. If I were in your situation, I'd be craving exactly what you are: normalcy, a family home, family support around, home country etc. Don't get down on yourself for feeling that way. It takes a pretty strong woman to do what you're doing for your H and your family.
  • @Nxy I also don't see that as selfish at all. It's actually self-less - the fact that you'd be separated from DH so your kids could be near your families. Would DH ever consider that arrangement? It sounds like you aren't planning to live abroad long-term. I hate coming across the perfect house when you're not in the position to buy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My confession: DDs middle name is Jayne. With a fckn Y! What's worse is that I knew how tacky it was when I did it. 

Flame away. 
  • @LivLew yea I wasn't seen til 9 weeks either. But morning sickness wouldn't have eased my mind a bit lol just made me miserable and still impatient to see if everything was ok. I forget that I'm pregnant all the time this time around and I find it to be absolute bliss!
  • My confession: DDs middle name is Jayne. With a fckn Y! What's worse is that I knew how tacky it was when I did it. 

Flame away. 
    I don't think that's that unusual. I've seen Jaynes. It looks fine to me and I'm not a fan of adding ys to names that don't need it lol 
  • SO was miserable today because he went to bed at nearly 5 am and I woke him up at 8:15 to go to the ob appointment. I told him to stay in bed at 11 pm, then bugged him from 3:45 am (when I woke up - thanks bladder) on, and I have zero sympathy for him, and zero guilt about that. Suck it up, buttercup. 

@Nxy Can you buy it and rent it out so it's ready when you move back? I'd have a really hard time turning down a dream house myself.
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    My son eats chicken nuggets so often, I wonder if he will actually turn into one. Picky eater. I try my best but right now, I don't have the energy to battle with him. 
  • BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    edited March 2017
    LivLew said:
    Flame it away!

Same. I've had a lack of symptoms in general. So much so that cramping last week brought me into the office. Cramping, a completely normal symptom of pregnancy, scared to %$#& out of me. :/ lol 

My FFFC is that I'm Irish and I hate St Patrick's Day, corned beef, and fake Irish things. I can't wait for today/this weekend to be over! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• NxyNxy member
    @HappyToBeHere & @secicc12 It feels selfish because that's all time DH wouldn't have with his kids. He's said he'd be alright with a year or so. We've talked about us leaving a little early but a full 2 years without us around would be really hard on him (and the thought of our son not knowing his Dad for the first two years of his life. too much). I love Germany so much but after years in Guam and years here I'm just ready to be done with this adventure. I know we knew what we were getting into but I hadn't realized how hard it was going to be with kids. 

@lyse01 I looked into that but we are going to get the best benefits with DH's VA loan and the VA requires us to live in the house for a year before we rent it. I'm still doing some looking at some options though. Although bad for the sellers, I hope it stays on the market for awhile so I can buy it when I take the kids home to meet the family lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy- I hope you can get your dream house and your situation is really tough!

@LivLew- I get you on the not feeling pg when you don't have symptoms, I still have that sometimes, but it gets so much better once you can feel the baby move! Just like other pp's, ms is the worst and the reason I'll never go for a 3rd baby. I was lucky it wasn't too bad this time around. 
  • @bubblesmtu I can't wait to feel the baby move! I'll have to wait longer than most since I have an anterior placenta. But at least now I have a fast growing bump to make me feel pregnant. I can't believe some of us are already halfway through. 
  • My FFFC is really lame. I'd been looking forward to dinner at my parents house all week. The menu sounded wonderful, but in reality, I think my mom's forgetting how to cook. I was majorally disappointed. :( 
  • @Nxy ugh. Trying to figure out the VA loan myself and that was one piece of fine print that is not easily accessible on the website. We would totally rent out the dream island house in the summers (and live with my parents down the street) to afford it until we're a bit more settled. on a brighter note, at least you can take the rotater home? I'm trying to visit FAO friends in Europe in the next few months and I'm hating that it's gonna cost me $600/person instead of my record $46. Missing MAC flights like whoa.
  • I think the leprechaun trap stuff is nuts.  Only learned this was a thing last year.  Seriously do kids need another day where they get stuff? How did this start??  Seems excessive.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 Some of the kindergarten teachers I work with do a trap, but growing up, we might get some green dyed food and that was it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • All this St Patty's Day chat triggered my FFC. I really dislike all the school events. For every little holiday there's a pot luck, a parade and a performance. It's like impossible for me or hubby to get to all of them and I always have mom guilt about it. Just since January we've had New Year's, Chinese New year, Valentine's day and St Patty's. I also got the notice for Easter today. 
  • @Lauradi1010 Some of the kindergarten teachers I work with do a trap, but growing up, we might get some green dyed food and that was it.
    We did a sort of scavenger hunt that went along with whatever we were learning through the playground to find the "gold." It was those mini gold wrapped chocolates
  • @Nxy @lyse01 make sure you contact a VA loan rep and use a mortgager very familiar with how they work. We used it to purchase our first home. EVerything VA wise went smoothly apart from the girl actually doing all of the paperwork on our banks end. We ended up renting out that house and we were able to use the little bit of va eligibility left towards a new home in another state.