Baby Names

boy first names

First name choices. (Forgot how to do a poll so that's that)

Tate
Cohen
Duke 
Wade
Chase

Re: boy first names

• I posted this on a other thread, but I'll post it here too:
    In the Jewish faith, the surname Cohen (and it's various spelling) denotes that historical, ones ancestors were priests in the Temple of Jerusalem. It's a really important name, and I know using it as a first name really rubs several of my Jewish friends the wrong way. They feel it's disrespectful. I would encourage you to take it off your list. 

Of the the other names in your list, Chase is my favorite.

In the Jewish faith, the surname Cohen (and it's various spelling) denotes that historical, ones ancestors were priests in the Temple of Jerusalem. It's a really important name, and I know using it as a first name really rubs several of my Jewish friends the wrong way. They feel it's disrespectful. I would encourage you to take it off your list. 

How do you know I'm not Jewish? Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Tate and Wade are my tops from your list. Wade I like slightly more but both are great.
  • FakeFinnFakeFinn member
    edited March 2017
    Tate, Chase, Wade and Duke are all fine, but NMS. I'd remove Cohen from the list, for the reasons stated by pps. I personally wouldn't go for a titel as a name. Between Tate, Chase and Wade I'd go with Chase. What about Wyatt?

ETA: autocorrect fail.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Really dislike Wade but otherwise I like your style. I find so many people are all considering or listing the same names. Love Tate and Chase would be second pic:)  are there any siblings names to consider? And what letter does your last name start with? 
  • I like Wade and Chase on your list. The others are just not my style. I think I prefer Wade just because I don't see it as much. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I loooooooove Wade! It was slated as the middle name for our May baby, but I decided to use a family name instead. 

Nobody really does know, but a pretty good guess would be that you are not Jewish.....Because you are considering Cohen for a FIRST name. Just a guess(but a pretty good guess)
  • saham07 said:
    I posted this on a other thread, but I'll post it here too:

Nobody really does know, but a pretty good guess would be that you are not Jewish.....Because you are considering Cohen for a FIRST name. Just a guess(but a pretty good guess)
    Well, it could be my maiden name, or my mothers maiden name.. Just saying. Just because we are considering it for a first name doesn't mean anything. 
  • catem07 said:
    It does mean something because it would be very strange to have Cohen as a first name in the Jewish community. Also if you were Jewish I would expect to see some more traditional names on your list given the common Jewish practice of naming children after deceased relatives. And lastly, you likely would have responded with "Actually I am Jewish" rather than "how do you know I'm not?"

but it's true we don't know you so maybe you are. But if you're going to ask for random opinions on a message board you're going to get them. 
    Just saying, you don't know if a person is or isn't. I'm not saying I am or I'm not cause religion doesn't matter, just stating that you shouldn't tell people to take a name off their list cause you don't know the reason behind the choice. 
  • Then why ask peoples' opinions if you don't want to hear them?
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• catem07 said:
    Then why ask peoples' opinions if you don't want to hear them?
    When did I say no one can post opinions!?!?!?! Oh wait I didn't!!! I was simply saying you don't know the reason behind why they chose it!
  • "you shouldn't tell people to take a name off their list" sounds a lot to me like "don't have an opinion." 

Also not naming a kid Cohen isn't about religion, it's about culture. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• catem07 said:
    "you shouldn't tell people to take a name off their list" sounds a lot to me like "don't have an opinion." 

catem07 said:
    "you shouldn't tell people to take a name off their list" sounds a lot to me like "don't have an opinion." 

catem07 said:

Like I said, it doesn't matter, culture religion. Why does it always come down to people getting butthurt over something, people are to sensitive now days. I'm done commenting cause obviously. You don't see past your own views. Have a good night!
  • edited March 2017
    catem07 said:

catem07 said:

catem07 said:

Like I said, it doesn't matter, culture religion. Why does it always come down to people getting butthurt over something, people are to sensitive now days. I'm done commenting cause obviously. You don't see past your own views. Have a good night!
    Your trolling is getting boring.

**Removed for TOU violation**
  • edited March 2017
    catem07 said:

catem07 said:

catem07 said:

Your trolling is getting boring.  
    **Removed for TOU violation**
    Oh correct myself, 6 posts. Don't want to be called a liar. 
  • I just love how so much of our time on the bump is reading people arguing or nitpicking. Now that's getting boring and I've only been back on the bump a few weeks.
  • I just love how so much of our time on the bump is reading people arguing or nitpicking. Now that's getting boring and I've only been back on the bump a few weeks.
    I've been back for a day and people are saying I'm trolling. So either way I'll get "you're a troll" "stop trolling" I asked for opinions because we've come up with a few names we like, some are for personal reasons. And also I'm not arguing with anyone, you don't know a person or anything, that's all I was saying. 
  • edited March 2017
    Pretty sad that people are like this to me.. 
    I've been back for a day and people are saying I'm trolling. So either way I'll get "you're a troll" "stop trolling" I asked for opinions because we've come up with a few names we like, some are for personal reasons. And also I'm not arguing with anyone, you don't know a person or anything, that's all I was saying. 
    I agree, I knew what you were saying:)
  • Dislike Tate (reminds me of taint)
    duke and wade are not my favs... chase would be my first choice. I like Cohen, and ironically my Jewish friend named her some Cohen but it was her maiden name as well... just saying... 

• edited March 2017
    Dirty deleting because it's not worth it. Bye, OP!
  • Dirty deleting because it's not worth it. Bye, OP!
    Kay!? 
  • Kay is a girl name. I'd go with Kai
    Kay!?

I grew up in predominantly Jewish neighborhood. None of them would have used this name as a FM out of respect for their culture. 

Kay!?
    Kai.