July 2017 Moms

July 2017 baby name ideas

Re: July 2017 baby name ideas

• @satsumasandlemons the whole reference to Rikers Island is my only drawn back although everyone mentioned the reference to Hudson River with my son. Being a teacher there are so many names I just can't get by the association lol I have yet to meet an Alina and have only come across a couple Hudsons so for my area I think of them as uncommon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ktewart said:
    @megandchase, I'm a huge nerd, so when I saw Ryker, I immediately went Star Trek, haha. :D
    whoops, +1 here :)
  • @satsumasandlemons the whole reference to Rikers Island is my only drawn back although everyone mentioned the reference to Hudson River with my son. Being a teacher there are so many names I just can't get by the association lol I have yet to meet an Alina and have only come across a couple Hudsons so for my area I think of them as uncommon. 
    I live next to the Hudson, so this would be weird to me here! Same with Rikers, its a bit too close to home. At least Rikers is,in the East River? Haha
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Ya we're from the South so a very distant after thought for us! 
  • +1 on the Riker's Island, and I live in the south. 
  • Same as Camden...I heard it's a not so great place out in the northeast?! I would have never known if I didn't read it on a baby website. Nowhere near there. 
  • @LoveLee85, huh. I think it depends where in the North East the frame of reference is coming from? I did a really quick google search and came up with Camden, NJ, which is probably what you're talking about, but I was initially really confused because the Camden I know (and think of) is in Maine and it's beautiful. I used to spend summers up there. But for what it's worth, I love Camden as a name on its own, references to geographical locations aside, haha.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ktewart yes, the NJ (Camden)is the name reference. I remember everyone wondering why some Laguna Beach chick would name her baby after the NJ town?! I didn't know the town was in existence to begin with. Just remember reading about it. For what it's worth, I have never been to Maine or NJ! I have always wanted to visit Maine! LOL
  • Camden, NJ has an awesome aquarium, but a not-so-awesome reputation. We had some issues in the aquarium parking lot that make me reconsider going back.
  • Camden, Maine is one of the prettiest little seaside towns I've visited! I'm much closer to the nj one but hadn't even thought of that. 
  • I instantly think of Camden Yard in Baltimore. Lol
  • ... I love Camden market in London... thats all I think of when the name comes up. 
  • I instantly think of Camden Yard in Baltimore. Lol
    Wahoo, go O's!  (Born and raised in MD!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vivienne is a classy old lady name. One of my faves.
  • @hellobabyLC I think this is the thread where you meant to post about your name choice, right?? 
  • @GlitterFish are you still thinking Julian for a boy? If so how are you spelling it?

We are on the fence about spelling it Julian or Julien. DH like the 'e' spelling better and I prefer the 'a'. 
  • @oheliza44 Yup, still haven't found anything better!  :D I think at this point its almost weird to call him anything else, although this week I've been thinking about Hadrian. I think that will sound "made up" to a lot of people though, even though it's not! DH is basically fine with any emperor lol

We would be using the A in Julian. I like the E too bc its more French, though!  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I think Julian is better outside of France. Julien makes me want to say it in French and doesn't have the same "ring" to it in English.
  • mj8215 said:
    I think Julian is better outside of France. Julien makes me want to say it in French and doesn't have the same "ring" to it in English.
    Now as far as pronunciation, I definitely prefer Julien in French! But we're not that pretentious and tbh DH has a hard enough time with the English! 

@oheliza44 could totally get away with it in NOLA, though!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So I'm down to two names for boys, Hunter and Connor. DD's name starts with Co though, even though it's a different sound. Would that be a weird sibling set? Or make people think that we're using C's intentionally? I just don't want to have to answer a single question about his name. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @Glitterfish are our husbands the same person? DH went through a phase of suggesting any emperor's name. Now he jokingly refers to the baby as Wolfsbane Amadeaus. I had to promise my mother that we are NOT actually naming our kid that name.

Also, I completely agree with you and @mj8215 that the "a" spelling is more common and probably better anywhere but France... the only exception being NOLA, where so many names are French. That's the only thing that gives me pause about excluding the "e" spelling. Thanks for the input, ladies!
  • So I'm down to two names for boys, Hunter and Connor. DD's name starts with Co though, even though it's a different sound. Would that be a weird sibling set? Or make people think that we're using C's intentionally? I just don't want to have to answer a single question about his name. 
    @dancegurl1118 I would assume you were going for the C names intentionally.  But I don't think that's a bad thing.  If you like the name, go for it!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @oheliza44 They really might be! My DH has actually been using "Amadeus" as his middle name choice, especially to annoy my mother!!
    I read your reply to him and he laughed and said he just wishes he had come up with Wolfbane first!  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I mentioned A LONG time ago that we are team green and hubby has picked out names for this kiddo (Brandon or Brynlee). My ex hubby just had his first child, a daughter. Her name! Brinley. 

What are are the odds? (He's still friends with my brother, which is how I found out). would it be strange for my (potential) daughter to have the same name as his? Our kids will more than likely never meet, but I'm sure a few of my family members will think I "stole" the name. (I didn't, hubby picked it out, and exDH and I NEVER even spoke of kids names (we were married over 10 years ago, super young and kids were the last things on our minds). 

Ugh
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Name help, please! Girl names that have 'Lee' sound in them. I'm stumped but it would cut out having to use Lee as a middle name. 
  • I mentioned A LONG time ago that we are team green and hubby has picked out names for this kiddo (Brandon or Brynlee). My ex hubby just had his first child, a daughter. Her name! Brinley. 

What are are the odds? (He's still friends with my brother, which is how I found out). would it be strange for my (potential) daughter to have the same name as his? Our kids will more than likely never meet, but I'm sure a few of my family members will think I "stole" the name. (I didn't, hubby picked it out, and exDH and I NEVER even spoke of kids names (we were married over 10 years ago, super young and kids were the last things on our minds). 

Ugh
    I would be hesitant for the reason bolded above. And probably not use it for that reason.  But I'm also a chicken and would hate the controversy. If their opinions don't matter to you, I say use the name anyway!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lily? Sally? Lol @LoveLee85
  • @mslynn2012 I probably wouldn't use it. 

@LoveLee85 You can steel mslynn's name haha Brynlee. 
    My niece's name is Maelee which I love. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lovelee85 Kaylee, Marley, Allie, Leah, Leanne, Bailey, Avalie, Carly, Riley, Hailey, Emily, Everly, Natalie...

I could keep going :D not sure what your style is, just went through people I knew or their kids names...you have TONS of options though!

• LuLiLaEv said:

@lovelee85 Kaylee, Marley, Allie, Leah, Leanne, Bailey, Avalie, Carly, Riley, Hailey, Emily, Everly, Natalie...

I could keep going :D not sure what your style is, just went through people I knew or their kids names...you have TONS of options though!

I LOVE Everly. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rae1 That's DD's name so I'm partial :)
  • @Knottie55891484 Your question is much better suited here or on the Baby Names board. 
  • I am so lost on boy names....DH and I had 100% chosen a girl name (Danica), so of course this minion is a boy. I find our super short last name makes it that much more complicated. 

Our daughter is Norah - I like common but not super popular. But all the older boy names still sound so stuffy to me, or not stuffy ones are in the Top 10 lists.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • I'm thinking any time time the SSA will release the top US names of 2016!!! It's normally in the Spring. 
  • @mslynn2012 - yeah i probably wouldn't use it either. if it was a coworker or an ex bf or an old friend you no longer keep in touch with? okay sure. but i probably wouldn't only because you were once married to the guy.  
  • i'm back for more names! dd absolutely hates Margot.shes really gunning for Olivia,Sonia, Rosetta (after a fairy in tinker bell) and Neveah. or katie.

anyone have suggestions? i love margot, slightly quirky but not too whimsical names.