Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of March 13

2»

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of March 13

• The word "gift" would piss me off too. 
    My company kind of does the same thing- they "allow" me 6 weeks for a natural delivery and 8 for a c-section. Those days off cannot be used against me in any way. BUT the catch is that I have to use my saved up sick days. If I don't have enough sick days then it becomes unpaid time. I get paid at full salary though for my sick days. 
    Or I can use FMLA but get paid at a percent of my salary (Which I still need to look into.)
    anyone know what percent of your salary you get?!

Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @colleen0516 All my FMLA leave will be unpaid. I'm not sure if it varies from state to state but that's how it is in Ohio. I'll be using my accrued PTO leave and then supplementing my FMLA time with my short term disability.  My short term disability pays a lump sum every 4 weeks of qualified time.

Well we had our anatomy scan and everything looked great! I was a little nervous because she was focusing on the heart a lot and wasn't able to initially get the images she need. I was walking laps, jumping around and moving my hips when we took a break to get the baby the move. She literally had her toes above her head at one point!
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2017
    @Colleen0516 I think the amount and whether or not you get paid during FMLA depends on where you are located. FMLA itself does not guarantee any paid leave, just job protection and benefits, except for in some states with additional wage protections that can be used during FMLA such as SDI and paid family leave, like in California. Fortunately, while it still needs a lot of work, CA offers small business employees job protection for up to 4 months and during that time we get wage replacement of up to 55% (still crappy). SDI can continue longer, however there is no guaranteed job protection past 4 months. With a large employer, FMLA protects only your job and benefits for 4 months while SDI covers wage replacement, then CA family rights act protects your job and benefits only for another 12 weeks and paid family leave replaces wages for 6 of those weeks.

If your in CA, a great resource for this information is https://legalaidatwork.org/pregnancy-leave-rights/ . 

There are also individual short term disability policies with maternity benefits that are not integrated with SDI but pay on top of it. They may have limitations, like mine, that requires the policy be in place for 8 months before I deliver, and I must deliver in the 3rd trimester to get paid. However, it's well worth paying the monthly premiums. Combined with my CA SDI, I will have at least 6 weeks at 100% of my salary. I have a total of 4 months job protection total between pre and post delivery, however, outside of those 6 weeks paid by my individual policy, I will only get 55% of my income. My plan is to work till my water breaks, then take 6 weeks off with full wage replacement, then use some of my accrued personal time off to work part time another month (officially considered f/t so receiving full salary), then resume full time work.

• I have FMLA but I have to use my time.  my work gives us an added benefit of paying out at a rate of 2hrs for every 1hr PTO so i get to stretch my time by double.  it really blows how all of us are all over the place with coverage.  I had a co worker come from Ireland and she was in tears when she found out she hadn't worked long enough to get much of any benefits other than a 4 weeks paid out of STD when in Ireland they pay you no matter what and its not your personal time.

AFM had my monthly appointment today, with a surprise glucose test, it wasn't horrible but felt crappy afterwards.  I just got the phone call from the nurse, of course they always call me after the phones are off for the day.  My phone died right after I hear "you were a little high" ugh! thankfully she called back and left a message but I didn't get to talk to her.  Apparently i was 148 and they want me under 140 :(  My OB also discussed my BP which was perfect again today, my OB wants to treat me as a person with HTN but just not on medication which really just means they are going to watch me closely for preeclampsia and I get to have another ultrasound in 8 weeks to measure baby's weight which I am more than ok with :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @Colleen0516 yep thats the same over here! I am guaranteed to not be fired for those 6 or 8 weeks, but I have to use my saved up sick leave. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• @ARB425 - That's so exciting! Glad to hear everything looked great!

@rmarble23 - its great to hear that they are giving you additional attention & being extra safe & cautious with you! Please the extra scan to see your little one sounds great!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• beckij34 I'm in New Zealand, I get 22 weeks paid but it's minimum wage. Not that I'm complaining, we have a fantastic system here and I feel very lucky to have my job held open for a year. 

ARB425 I feel like ease of cleaning is a huge consideration in a pump! 
    Has anyone heard of a haakaa pump? 
    https://www.haakaa.co.nz/collections/new-arrivals/products/haakaa-silicone-breast-pump-150ml
    I'm not totally convinced but it's so cheap and some people swear by them. Possibly not going to give you the volume or speed you need to pump for/at work but I'm hoping it will be enough for my needs.

• Thanks everyone!!! In NY we get a percentage of our salary for FMLA but they suggest you use your personal time for the first 14 days, then let it kick in. 
    I think I'm going to just use my sick time and get full pay. I saved those days for this reason so I might as well use them- but I have sometime to figure it out! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4