October 2017 Moms

FFFC | 3.17.17

Re: FFFC | 3.17.17

• I already have a girl crush on someone here.
    I have a couple of these too! 

FFFC: I've been on a trip to Portland since Wednesday (flying home today, at the airport right now) for a conference for my internship. I told my full-time job I have strep because I don't want them to think my internship is interfering with my job. Even though it totally is and IDGAF. Cough cough.

• I need to tell our family soon that were expecting #3 , but still havnt because they live 3 hours away and I hate talking on the phone and listening to people cry happy or sad tears and ask questions. I'd rather email, or snail mail the news and wait for the texts and calls to roll in. I'll ignore the phone calls though unless it's my mom. She's a cool cat. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Loading the player...
  • I need to tell our family soon that were expecting #3 , but still havnt because they live 3 hours away and I hate talking on the phone and listening to people cry happy or sad tears and ask questions. I'd rather email, or snail mail the news and wait for the texts and calls to roll in. I'll ignore the phone calls though unless it's my mom. She's a cool cat. 
    i told my bffs and sisters via text bc of this lololzzz.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • I lied. I wash my face and ALSO pluck/nair. Because I am hairy like animal. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @carries2018 I'm glad you are here!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @carries2018 I don't think the rules are much different. At least not from my experience. They crack down on people "making TB unwelcoming" more than they used to, though, since the moderators aren't community members. 
    ugh. that was the best part! what do i have to have my own life now or something?

but seriously there is a lack of snark unlike the old days. let's make TB great again O17!
    @carries2018 @jessafishy
    One thing I don't miss: It used to be that anytime someone mentioned a loss on a BMB, there would be a follow-up post like, "why do people have to talk about m/c here?  It bums me out."  So glad that I am not seeing that this time around.
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • @aprilsarahjune i never saw that on my BMB. which is good bc i would have burned ish down. that is f-ing low.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I already have a girl crush on someone here.
    I have a couple of these too! 

FFFC: I've been on a trip to Portland since Wednesday (flying home today, at the airport right now) for a conference for my internship. I told my full-time job I have strep because I don't want them to think my internship is interfering with my job. Even though it totally is and IDGAF. Cough cough.
    Oh, hey :::waves::: Hope you liked Portland! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ok don't worry guys...ill keep this thread rolling. what do you guys like participate in your real lives or something?

Pregnancy Ticker

• i am eating burnt popcorn. it tastes terrible. but it is food. sooOOooOooOoo....

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think my hormonal rage doesn't kick in until closer to 4:00, check back then.

Our office building provided free popcorn today and it was amazing. I'm stalking the table to see if they leave any leftovers soon...
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn Great! Now I want popcorn. All I have is a microwaveable chemical shitstorm. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Well now I'm eating a buddy bar. I mean, the doctor did threaten me if I lose any more weight at my appointment next week. Just trying to follow doctor's orders...
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having a Food Day here at work today and I'm. Eating. Everything. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a 5 hour flight in front of me and I'm super nauseous and have to pee every 20 minutes and got boarding group C (southwest, no assigned seats) even though I checked in right at 24 hours....I told the customer service agent I'm pregnant and got a preboard pass.

I feel slightly guilty, but not as guilty as I would feel asking my rowmates to get up every half hour. 
    @bluejeanbabi05 Meh, I feel like that's a perfectly valid reason to use the pregnancy card!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I swear to god if my toddler asks "what is it?" one more time time I'm going to jump off a cliff. I have no mommy patience today.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I swear to god if my toddler asks "what is it?" one more time time I'm going to jump off a cliff. I have no mommy patience today.

Oh. Em. Gee. The questions.

DS will ask me a question and when I answer him he will say "Huh? What? Huh?" KID I JUST TOLD YOU!!!!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • ugh the whining "mom...mommy...mama...mommmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" why...WHY...are they never whining for daddy!?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh, mine wines whines for daddy as soon as he walks out the door. Just not while he's standing there offering to play.

(it was a legit typo that I felt was appropriate to leave in)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cancelled a pretty important meeting with my boss because I don't really want to deal with him today on top of my usual nausea - but I told him it was a migraine (which I am actually prone to)
    I am the girl who cried wolf but I literally can't with life today. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel bad, but I just verbally mauled DH over food... via text... and he's still bringing me food. God. What a champ. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @jessafishy I'm with you. We transitioned my 3 year old to the bottom bunk of a bunk bed with my 4 year old in December and all was well.....and then she was hospitalized with RSV and ever since it's been hit or miss. I was up with her for over an hour last night with random "needs" and then 2 additional times because my 4 year old had bad dreams. Seriously? How the heck am I supposed to manage a newborn with this...and grad school. I wish sleep was optional. 

• @carries2018 I should probably be in September...I'm due 10/15 but neither of my kids made it past 37 weeks so I'm not expecting to make it to October. It happens!

• Umm... can someone please fill me in on what FFFC stands for? I'm still learning all these acronyms! Hahaha... :D  
  • I put it in the first post @keiraanne but it's Flame Free Friday Confessions.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • aka carries2018 ignoring work day to sit foaming at the mouth ready to flame.
    Image result for flame gif

Pregnancy Ticker

• @jessafishy Oops! Don't know how I missed that! Haha thanks for clarifying. :)
  • VLillyV said
    I secretly hope that my brothers who voted for Trump get their health insurance benefits terminated. They are still living at home with ma' and pa' and for the life of me I don't understand their political beliefs.

Edit: Spells.
    Totally laughed when Trump repealed the upcoming bill that was to give those with HFA home loans a bit of a financial break because my mom voted for Trump and she has an HFA loan and also is as thrifty as they come most of the time.  How's that working out for you mom?
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • today marks another sober st. patrick's day. i have made a tally in my notebook of drinks i need to make up for in October.
    Yup.  It's a good thing I'll only be pregnant for half of football season.  But my tally includes missing all of baseball season and the BBQ holidays!
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • today marks another sober st. patrick's day. i have made a tally in my notebook of drinks i need to make up for in October.
    Yup.  It's a good thing I'll only be pregnant for half of football season.  But my tally includes missing all of baseball season and the BBQ holidays!
    I'm excited about being able to have Thanksgiving and Christmas! October babies are kind of perfect timing! :smiley:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • FFFC. As a STM, i haven't once been concerned that "what if I dont love this kid like I love my first born" or some version of that statement that I often hear.  To be clear I'm crazy about my first born.

At the same time, I've always wondered when parents say "I love all of you equally" if that's true or not and wonder if I'll find out its a lie when 2.0 is here (or years down the line.)

The irony of those two statement is not lost on me.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
    we are huge pats fans with season tickets. i am so bummed i dont know if i want to go to opening day and haul ass up a zillion ramp 75 months pregnant.

Pregnancy Ticker