August 2017 Moms

Feeling fat not pregnant

I'm a small to begin with pre pregnancy. I weighed 100 lbs. now at 17 weeks I already gained 9.5 lbs and feel fat. Like all my insides got pushed up and out. My "bump" feels higher in my abdomen than lower in my pelvis. It looks round but feels soft and flabby. Anyone else have a bump that's soft not hard? 

Re: Feeling fat not pregnant

• This has definitely been discussed on the "Weekly Symptoms" thread.  You should join us over there.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • NxyNxy member
    It really doesn't matter what side of this you come out on; gained 20 pounds or lost it, weight during pregnancy is a touchy subject. We get it. But you're pregnant you're supposed to gain weight. You're only 17 weeks and I'm assuming a first time mom your bump will become more firm as time goes on. Chill.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @Lauradi1010

and @littlebug2010 if you really have nothing nice to say then just don't post on my threads.  I don't get how people can be so rude when we all are here for one common goal, healthy and happy baby   I'm really thinking of delating this app. People have been down right mean 
  • Vickers224Vickers224 member
    edited March 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • LefinLefin member
    I'm sorry you are feeling this way @Vickers224, I have been feeling like this, too.  Mostly, because of my nutritionist.  She told me my weight was "a little on the high side."  I did the math, and my weight is totally fine, if I continue on my current trajectory, I will be right in the recommended weight gain category for my BMI.  Gaining this weight is way harder than I thought it would be, but we need to gain this weight for our babies.  And we all need to gain a different amount.  Ooh, and do some googling, too.  I found a lot of articles that gave some really great advice about maintaining a positive body image.  Also, I bought some super cute maternity clothes (which highlight the bump), and that makes me feel so much better.  In my regular clothes, the bump just looks like fat.  I hope you feel better, soon.
  • I'm sorry if you feel that anyone was being mean, but I'm having trouble seeing any of that. The women who responded early on were very supportive in guiding you to a better place to post so that you would get more advice and feedback.

For what it's worth, I weigh a lot more than 100 pounds, and at 19 weeks my belly is just starting to firm up. Discussing weight on here has been, and will always be a sensitive topic.  Instead of leaving the bump, perhaps lurk for a bit to get a feel for how it works, and I think you will really start to see how supportive everyone is.

Pregnancy Ticker

• secicc12 said:
    @Vickers224 - @littlebug2010 really wasn't being mean at all... she's expressing frustrating at your random post. This is a community of women that have been supporting each other since November. So when someone comes in and starts a random thread without offering any support to others, it's really not well-received. Especially when you call 109 lbs. "fat". That may be fat in your eyes, but it likely makes others feel bad about their pregnancy weight gain (at least it did for me, personally).
    This!  Sorry you feel burned @Vickers224, but you should really stick around, lurk some and try participating in the group. There is also a helpful search  a function (magnifying glass icon) to search.  Perusing the "Read this First" thread really helps.  We really are supportive even those who you think are "ridiculous" or "rude".  

FWIW, we are all women of different shapes/ sizes, but if I knew you IRL I would call you out for mentioning "feeling fat" at 109 lbs especially while pregnant.  I do understand that any weight gain (pregnant or non) can be a bit of a shock, but remember healthy is the most important thing no matter your size/ shape.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh geez...seriously, do you not think most of us have felt this way or will?  Yet you just had to AW yourself. But guess what, you are PREGNANT!  Get over feeling fat and be thankful for the life inside of you (not saying you aren't thankful, just saying focus on that baby instead of your outward appearance). 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• In related news, anyone else not able to see @britvahok gifs on mobile (not sure if they can be seen on desktop). 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• NxyNxy member
    @bumpybump I couldn't on mobile but they show up on my laptop.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    No one is being "downright mean." This is a board to support each other and you seem to post only about issues you're having to garner sympathy...while offering nothing to anyone else. We aren't here to be your cheerleader, therapist, or doctor. Please get over yourself or settle in and just have fun playing the victim. It looks like you're super used to it :smiley:
  • You feel fat having a human and a placenta inside your middle section? Cool, bro. At least now I have an excuse better than overconsumption of alcohol and carbs. 
  • @NYTino24 yes, yes, and more yes.  
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"