May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

• @pshaortao Maybe I am naive and lucky because my past BMB was pretty drama free from a catfishing/AE standpoint. Once we ended up on FB there was drama after a few months and some folks left and the group splintered but the subgroup of ladies I am still in a group with are very active over 2 years later and I also have met several of them.

May '17 labor memes
  • @WombThereItIs Same. We had some drama and some ladies have left when we saw their true colors. The group eventually ended up splitting into two separate groups with an overlap. It has been great once the dust settled. Apparently its very common from what I've heard. I wouldnt be surprised if it happened to is too but this group has been by far the best at getting along!

• Loading the player...
  • @pshaortao I'm curious too! I think I have a guess though. But I still don't understand WHY?
  • @WombThereItIs Yikes! That does sound painful. I hope its nothing major!!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited March 2017
    Omg, I had no clue we had a catfish here early on. Could someone private message me who it was?
  • @L1C4gal No clue. I just chalk it up to psychological issues. Several people due later than us have been made aware so they know to watch out for her. It'll be pretty obvious if she comes back with the same story. You (and any body else) can totally PM me if you want to know who!

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited March 2017
    To go off what @RainyDays86 said, I think it's a mental escape for some people. I'm totally going to reveal my nerdiness here, but when I was at a low point after my mom was in a coma, I escaped to online gaming. It was basically my life for like 2 years and gave me a big sense of all the things I was missing in my own life; community, accomplishment, fun, etc. I could definitely see how it might be the same way for someone creating an alter ego in real life to make a life they wish they had.
  • Exactly what @SKZW just said!
  • @starphish18 I hope you enjoyed your bday celebration minus the discomfort! Have a better day! And yes, I would imagine a cookie makes any morning better YUMM

@mrsrep123 Sending you lots of energy and strength, you go girl!!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @RainyDays86 @pshaortao @starphish18 Thanks for the explanations. That makes sense. And I second the shout-out to those who are watching out for all of us!
  • I had no idea we had an AE early on. Anyway I'm glad she's kept her distance.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I often have to look up the different acronyms...I use this reference from the bump, but sometimes they aren't on there so I google them haha 

https://www.thebump.com/community-glossary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Lol so I figured out a big ago what AE stands for, but for the longest time, I kept thinking "alternate entity." Which is so unnecessarily complicated!
  • I also had no idea ! I think once it was discovered someone should have made it a bigger deal and gave her a hassle on here to make her sweat a little bit... or maybe I just missed it?
  • Holy moly i feel clueless! I had no clue we had a catfish... Im with @starphish18, so curious! Someone please pm me too... I want the details!

Also...ive felt very periody today... Like tons of pressure and just general yucky feeling pkus i feel like i need to poop but i dont actually have to. Is this just normal when babies sit LOW? Dd sat so high that i never had issues down low.
  • @kayemjay2 and @rkstro2 I'm sorry I said that I figured it out and then didn't say what it was! I wasn't thinking. Although subconsciously I probably thought I was the only one who didn't know because I'm usually not "with it" on stuff like that, and I assume that everyone else is!
  • I don't find the detective work creepy at all. I figure if I put that much info about myself online, I expect that at some point someone may try to use that info in some way.

I'm glad there are people out there more savvy than me to weed out the AEs and catfish before we all get more personal with FB info. Because while some may just be doing it for attention, I don't want to increase my risk they're stealing my personal info and using it for something more nefarious. I get that I'll never be 100% safe if I don't know and trust you IRL. It's just more comforting to know that they may be caught before it gets that far.

Anyways, back to my freezer meal cooking spree. Hope everyone is having a nice day!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Had to do a major catch up...

@SJsMommy -  CONGRATS! Glad to hear your girls are doing well. 

I'll probably still bump post baby. I'm on FB all day for work and have grown to hate it. It can be a tad too revealing. Plus I'll be a WAHM, so I'm going to need some support to keep from going crazy.
  • Kipperoo said:

I am not a super private person, but I don't like being lied to and a I don't like a lot of drama (I like to observe the drama from afar, but I'm not a fan of being involved in it). I really only lurked on my first BMB because I wasn't sure about the quality and authenticity of the group. I was actually happy that there was an early FB group formed here because I was pretty sure that if there was drama, if would herd in that direction. I wish no ill will on that early FB group, of course, and hope it's as drama free and fabulous as our BMB is! I will be sad if this board ramps down too much...maternity leave is lonely and it's nice to have some solidarity when dealing with the inevitable newborn baby drama. 
    This is exactly how I feel too.  I only really lurked on my first BMB and once the mass exodus happened, I regretted it because I felt left behind and missed the group during the newborn phase. 
  • @rosemarylaff I've just been waiting for someone to say something to me. I've been getting a Dunk decaf several times a week. I would get regular caff (1-2 times a week) if it didn't make me feel sick. Anyways, I just know someone is going to say something and I really want to snark it to them.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Here's a random. Does baby's schedule in utero end up being anything like their schedule once they're born? This baby definitely has it's active awake times. To the point that I can know what time it is based on their movement.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Here's a random. Does baby's schedule in utero end up being anything like their schedule once they're born? This baby definitely has it's active awake times. To the point that I can know what time it is based on their movement.
    @nda_roxybabe I was wondering the same thing yesterday! Curious to know...
  • L1C4gal said:
    Here's a random. Does baby's schedule in utero end up being anything like their schedule once they're born? This baby definitely has it's active awake times. To the point that I can know what time it is based on their movement.
    @nda_roxybabe I was wondering the same thing yesterday! Curious to know...
    Ditto!