I heart theSkimm
I heart YNAB
---------
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
- Albus Dumbledore

Re: FFFC | 3.17.17

• That movie always makes me smile :smile:

This isn't super juicy, but we're telling my BIL & SIL tonight that I'm pregnant and I'm kind of nervous. She told me a few months ago they were going to start TTC and has asked a lot of questions about when/if we would try for another one and I kept deflecting the question - not because we were hiding anything, but 1) I've lost one before and it was horrendous un-telling people and 2) We had no idea how long it might take to get pregnant and didn't really want to tell anyone we were even trying. 

I know I have nothing to feel guilty about, but I feel like I've basically been lying to her for the last few months. I very much want them to get pregnant quickly, so it's not like I have ulterior motives - my other SIL and I had our first kids 3 months apart and they are so close now and have so much fun together. I'd love to have this baby have a cousin super close in age, too (other SIL is done at this point). 

So yeah. I'm nervous. I know I have no reason to be. But I am. We haven't always had the greatest relationship, but we've both been really putting in the effort lately and it's been paying off - I really don't want this to set us back.  :neutral:
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn good luck. as i am sure you know this can be hard news to hear if you are struggling ttc. so whatever their reaction is try to not let it affect you. it isnt about *you* it is about whatever they are dealing with. but i hope they just have an announcement too!
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Loading the player...
  • @natleilynn Good luck! I know it's hard and I agree totally with @carries2018
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • This transition to a toddler bed has been horrendous and last night I had my first "what the eff am I doing having another baby" moment.
    ugh i am sorry, i had a similar moment last night around 3am. but it does get better. what is your approach? i have been laying with her until she falls sleep. but after my 5th failed attempt to slither out of the bed i just said F it. and i left the room. every time she got out of bed i put her back and left again. i had to go in like 5x. then she just cried herself to sleep. i am hoping that clicks. its just hard bc now that dd1 and dd2 are in a room together i am worried about her waking up the other. and then everyone in my bed.

but i promise within a week or so it will be good, and you will be so thankful you crossed this bridge and dont have to worry about it when the baby comes.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @carries2018 thanks - I know they'll be happy for us, they're just the two people that I'm nervous about telling because I feel like I've lied to her (even though I know it's really up to us what we tell and when we tell). We're older than they are, so I think it's more expected anyway. Definitely hoping they have their own big news soon. I loved being pregnant with my other SIL - it was nice to have a sober buddy all summer last time :smile:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This transition to a toddler bed has been horrendous and last night I had my first "what the eff am I doing having another baby" moment.
    ugh i am sorry, i had a similar moment last night around 3am. but it does get better. what is your approach? i have been laying with her until she falls sleep. but after my 5th failed attempt to slither out of the bed i just said F it. and i left the room. every time she got out of bed i put her back and left again. i had to go in like 5x. then she just cried herself to sleep. i am hoping that clicks. its just hard bc now that dd1 and dd2 are in a room together i am worried about her waking up the other. and then everyone in my bed.

but i promise within a week or so it will be good, and you will be so thankful you crossed this bridge and dont have to worry about it when the baby comes.
    @carries2018 I've tried a few things. I've laid in bed with him, sat next to his bed until he is asleep, rocked him and then laid him down. I also tried holding the door closed so he couldn't open it (that obviously didn't work but I was getting desperate). The problem is every time he gets out of bed and opens his door he gets wired because he thinks it is a game. Finally I got his pack and play out and he finally went to sleep. At almost 10pm. 

We are going to try giving him an option of pack and play or toddler bed tonight and let him pick. We will see how it goes. It's been a long time since I've dreaded bedtime this much.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy  @carries2018   we give DD a choice every night - she can sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag or in her toddler bed (we REALLY need to get her a big girl bed at this point, working on it). You'd be surprised how excited she is to sleep in the sleeping bag.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ugh i know, i used to just put her in the crib and then be done with it. i also did the play quietly approach with dd1. like i put her in bed and tucked her in. if she played that was fine. but it had to be on her bed. there were a few later nights but she eventually fell asleep.

Pregnancy Ticker

• and my parenting method is just a series of threats haha. so i would tell her if she didnt listen i would shut her door. dd2 i think is still too young for the threats. my lyfe.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @jessafishy we put a doorknob cover on DS's door so he can't open it when he gets out of bed. When he gets up he knocks (or bangs) on the door until one of us walks him back to his bed. We also had to basically re-sleep train with the crying and periodic checking in. Hope it's a quick transition for you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jessafishy we put a doorknob cover on DS's door so he can't open it when he gets out of bed. When he gets up he knocks (or bangs) on the door until one of us walks him back to his bed. We also had to basically re-sleep train with the crying and periodic checking in. Hope it's a quick transition for you!
    we did that too, that is why my threat of shutting the door was so serious lololzzz

Pregnancy Ticker

• i think kids falling down is hilarious (pending they aren't seriously hurt or whatever) 

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited March 2017
    @carries2018 agreed.

Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • i dont know all the rulez of the new bump. and i feel like i dont want to know them.

Image result for haters gonna hate gif

Pregnancy Ticker

• @carries2018 I don't think the rules are much different. At least not from my experience. They crack down on people "making TB unwelcoming" more than they used to, though, since the moderators aren't community members. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy
    Dont feel bad, I had that thought the other night. My girls are older, but we were off to dance and my 6 year old was trying to grab her dance bag, that was open, out of the car and the entire contents spilled out in a busy parking lot, while my 9 year old was completely oblivious and I had arms full of stuff to bring in. I had a WTF moment of thinking about how in the freaking world am I going to add a baby carrier with a screaming baby into this mix?!? OH hormones.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @carries2018 I don't think the rules are much different. At least not from my experience. They crack down on people "making TB unwelcoming" more than they used to, though, since the moderators aren't community members. 
    ugh. that was the best part! what do i have to have my own life now or something?

but seriously there is a lack of snark unlike the old days. let's make TB great again O17!
    I got a warning when I tried. :p 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I am backed up 3 sessions to edit. One is a model shoot from 2 months ago! I need to get these done, but sitting at my desk is hard.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @feeislove it totally makes sense. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • come on people...i need some fffc!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Maybe after we all have our babies and I'm drinking again I'll get loose lipped and reveal my crush. 

@natleilynn I type and delete all the time!

@VLillyV another FFFC... I love Grease!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • *rofl*

@jessafishy same! I really gotta dig deep to come up with something
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •                                   DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• today marks another sober st. patrick's day. i have made a tally in my notebook of drinks i need to make up for in October.

Pregnancy Ticker

• today marks another sober st. patrick's day. i have made a tally in my notebook of drinks i need to make up for in October.

BabyFruit Ticker