July 2017 Moms

Re: FFFC St Paddy's edition

• I have more than one:
    1) we were snowed in with our daughter Tuesday and wednesday. I worked from home and totally took a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day
    2) I made the mistake of purchasing the Easter candy too early and have eaten two bags thus far. Mmmmmm give me all the candy!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd rather send my son to daycare on days I'm working from home than have my in laws watch him at the house with me on my MIL's occasional days off. It always has to be both of them there, and they keep the tv on all. damn. day. 8 straight hours. I feel bad (sort of), but I can't deal with that. 
  • @AdaByron my sister and I weren't allowed to say "fart" growing up!! Saying "poop" and "pee" seems pretty normal though, so it's odd those were "potty" words!
  • kat0607 said:
    @AdaByron my sister and I weren't allowed to say "fart" growing up!! Saying "poop" and "pee" seems pretty normal though, so it's odd those were "potty" words!
    Yeah I remember my mom didn't like fart either. She would try to get us to say "pass gas" or something. We usually use "toot" with the 2 year old. But I'm like how on earth do you potty train a kid without ever saying poop or pee? Their older girl is potty trained, but they said their daycare pretty much trained her and they didn't have to do anything. Now they don't know what to do about the younger one. And I was like "Step 1, stop teaching her to be embarrassed by the words poop and pee."
  • @ljd2010 YES, there is nothing cute about a leprechaun. And those traps seem like WAY too much work to just throw away after one day. With this child I'll probably just stick to green-dyed breakfast :joy:
  • @AdaByron those are normal words in our house. My daughter thinks its hilarious to fart and im kinda glad shes not embarrassed at this age. Im sure that will change as she gets older but its normal and everyone does it lol
  • @ljd2010 I remember doing those with my oldest back in the early days of elementary school. Glad he's in middle school now so still have another 2 years to worry about the traps.

My FFFC is that I called my 5th grader in to school sick because I was sick not him. I drive him to and from school everyday (open enrolled) so having sinus pressure, watery eyes, sneezing attacks and sore throat from drainage I didn't feel like driving hour and ten min. round trip twice to get him there and back. Instead I stayed on the couch all day(bumping lol) while my husband took care of the kids. When he left for work my 5th grader was my hero and helped me with his brothers where he could. I still got up to fix supper and bedtime routine but everything else I handled from the couch. I don't feel guilty about it because 1. my DS11 is a straight A student who luckily doesn't struggle to catch up if he misses a day(doesn't happen alot) and 2. it's been awhile since I've taken a sick day for myself. Usually I just suffer through it but combined with the exhaustion from this pregnancy wasn't up for it yesterday.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• clioclio member
    @AdaByron Is there even a refined way to say poop, pee, and fart? Those terms seem age appropriate to me.
  • @AdaByron my 3 year old  says poop and thinks it's hilarious, honestly I pick my battles. Although I recently got side eyed because he says "what the heck" it was annoying bc her little girl say "ohhh Gawd" all tge5  time. We do not let our son say that and discourage our regions thick accent. I guess as parents we all have different phrases that get under our skin.

FFC: I have been sitting on my couch for about 50min while my children spent 30min alone in DS room and are now in the livingroom with me pulling out toys. I generally allow one type of toy per kid, but they are being so cute and warm coffee is such a rare treat for me we will just have a massive clean up party in a bit.
  • star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited March 2017
    I am completely side-eyeing in a not nice fashion a woman I work with who wants the rest of the team to move around their schedules for a meeting in April that we scheduled last October because her cat needs medicine. Umm...WTF? There is this wonderful thing called "boarding at a vet" where they can do that for you. We also can't move the meeting earlier or later. Also, if either of my dogs needed meds like this, I would find someone to do it so I didn't hold up progress on any of the projects this team oversees. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I am completely side-eyeing in a not nice fashion a woman I work with who wants the rest of the team to move around their schedules for a meeting in April that we scheduled last October because her cat needs medicine. Umm...WTF? There is this wonderful thing called "boarding at a vet" where they can do that for you. We also can't move the meeting earlier or later. Also, if either of my dogs needed meds like this, I would find someone to do it so I didn't hold up progress. 
    LOL Cat people are crazy. I say that with love, because some of my dearest friends are crazy cat ladies. But I swear, they are all so crazy when it comes to their cats.
  • @star_beagle @AdaByron I'm a crazy cat lady!! Haha But even I agree that she definitely should have planned better on her end if she's known about this meeting for months...
  • @LuLiLaEv - I'm a failed foster home too! We fostered one dog and he was so annoying, but someone adopted him in about three weeks. Them we got another foster and fell in love with him. He's a little stupid, but he's so sweet and so easy going. 
    We no longer foster. Haha
  • LoveLee85 said:
    .........I have washed the same load of laundry 3 times now because it never made it to the dryer....*hangs head in shame* 
    I'm the QUEEN of doing this!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ^^ I call that getting our clothes extra clean around here. 
  • FFFC I watch DH wash his hands or if I'm in another room I listen to how long he runs the water and if I'm not satisfied I make him rewash them.  If it were up to him, he wouldn't really do it at all.  I've witnessed him pump the soap on one hand and just rinse it right back off.  WTF.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is anyone else really hoping praying hard baby doesn't look like someone(read:MIL) they don't want them to...? 

"fart" in English was our acceptable word because the other words in my language were far more unnaceptable 

@michelle04us get well soon! Do they know your pregnant? I think they would have/should have agreed for sick day if you had just told them you were sick yourself, when my mum wasn't feeling well she let them know it was her and it wasn't an issue! 

@hyperangel_8509 that's so cute and happy bday to your doll. 

• LuLiLaEv said:
    I mentioned at the beginning of the week that we were starting fostering dogs and got our first dog Tuesday. 
    24 hours in and my husband was already like, "Can we keep her?! I love her!" And I was making fun of him.

Now 3 days later I'm looking up our city's law to see if there's any loophole for the 3 dog limit so we can adopt her.

We're terrible fosters (or really good, depending on how you look at it ;)
    Yay @LuLiLaEv so glad your new addition is working out! How does the city know if you have more than 2 dogs?

DH and I had our physicals for our life insurance policies today. The nurse came to our house to do the tests. We have and old house with antique floors so depending on where you stand they may or may not be level. The cheap scale she brought was on one of these spots and because it was tilted it knocked a few pounds off my weight. Then, she added about two inches to my height... I'm 5'1 on a good day. I didn't correct her. I'll take all the height I can get to make my BMI number go down.
  • @AdaByron haha my girls decide on their own what words are bad words (stupid, ridiculous).... meanwhile I'm terrible at watching my mouth. The other day I slipped and said to H that something was effing stupid (in a sort of flippant way)-- my little one said "mama stupid is not a nice word"... we laughed and laughed and laughed. I make sure to tell them some words aren't appropriate for school, or for little kids to say, but generally I am just not that worried about it! Maybe less worried than I should be lol

and my girls think poop is hilarious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dcwtada said:
    FFFC I sometimes use on of our dogs as a vacuum cleaner when the kids have made a mess with food
    I have to say, being a new dog owner, he comes in handy a lot of the time!! Until DS thinks it's a game and purposely throws his food on the floor for the dog to eat. 
  • I'm wearing my bella band with jeans and it isn't doing much to keep them up today. Glad I don't have any meetings :/
  • I don't really have a FFFC today, except that I don't understand all the hype with St. Patrick's day. 
  • A couple weeks ago my MIL was in town but couldn't see DS because there had been a HFM outbreak at daycare and she couldn't risk getting it.  She was planning a return trip this week when DH is out of town but I said I would bring DS for a visit on Saturday.  She emails me a couple days ago to tell me that she is flying home on Saturday and would I be available on Friday to bring him over.  I work and DS goes to daycare but sure no problem I will re-arrange life just because you booked your flight on Saturday instead of Sunday for no reason.  
    FFFC - I'm actually off work today but because I am annoyed I told her I could bring him over after work/daycare which means that he will most likely be cranky and out of sorts and her visit will suck.  Sorrynotsorry.
  • AdaByron said:
    I am completely side-eyeing in a not nice fashion a woman I work with who wants the rest of the team to move around their schedules for a meeting in April that we scheduled last October because her cat needs medicine. Umm...WTF? There is this wonderful thing called "boarding at a vet" where they can do that for you. We also can't move the meeting earlier or later. Also, if either of my dogs needed meds like this, I would find someone to do it so I didn't hold up progress. 
    LOL Cat people are crazy. I say that with love, because some of my dearest friends are crazy cat ladies. But I swear, they are all so crazy when it comes to their cats.
    My FFFC is that I'm a total cat lady. I love my cat and do actually worry about him while I'm out of town. Silly I know, but I don't care
  • @kat0607 I think the hype is really over the drinking part of the holiday vs. the fact that it's a holiday to celebrate the patron saint of Ireland. I spent time in Ireland in college for a study abroad and they definitely do not celebrate the holiday like we do here. That said I am still in head to toe green.

@BusyZee I am actually afraid of that as well....

My FFFC: DH has been great with help around the house and I've been taking advantage. I am like "oh babe can you just let the dogs out bc I am stuck in this comfortable position on the couch and it's so much work to get up" - the only part that's true was the "I'm comfortable" part. I feel a *little* bad...but only a little. lol..

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oheliza44 I guess they wouldn't. The only way I can see us getting in trouble is if one of our neighbors complained and they looked into it and saw we have 4 dogs registered at the vet. Our neighbors know we're huge dog lovers though and didn't even bat an eye when they saw another dog playing outside, a bunch of them asked if we got another puppy, so I don't think anyone would turn us in, but I also don't want to get in trouble and then be forced to get rid of one  :'(
    The law reads that you can't have more than 3 dogs or 4 cats or 10 total domestic animals (which is a combo of any domestic animal) so I'm like "maybe we can say we misunderstood it and thought we couldn't have more than 10 dogs" lol
  • @LuLiLaEv if you are going through a rescue you can always use the option of officially listing it as a foster even though you plan to keep it through the vet. My mom runs a rescue and has done this for people - fostering is tough, my DH who maybe had a tear trickle down at the birth of his children sobbed when we gave up our last foster pup to an AMAZING home. We have three and can't take another, not because of law but just sanity purposes. 

I adore people like you! 
  • @xath omg yesss candy corn sucks!
    @kat0607 we weren't allowed to say "fart" either! Or "butt," for that matter.

I've never in my life made a leprechaun trap, and I just had to google it... I don't get the point of it. Is it just a craft or do you hide candy or fake leprechauns in there?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @LuLiLaEv the lawyer in me says that that law is really ambiguous and there is a lot of wiggle room for interpretation. I wouldn't worry about it, granted I live in an area that the police have much bigger fish to fry than number of well cared for pets in a home so I personally wouldn't bat an eye at having one more animal than allowed by statute. Maybe talk to the shelter and see if they have any suggestions. Also, could one of your family members "adopt" the dog in name only? That way ownership would legally be in their name, not yours? Just a thought.

Either way, don't let this damper the excitement of a new pup! What kind is it?