September 2017 Moms

Maternity Clothes!

Re: Maternity Clothes!

• Leggings are how I manage chub rub. But I'm a pants in the middle of the summer kind of person (I just don't DO shorts). But I have to be fully covered to be in the lab, so leggings aren't a problem.
  • I sometimes just put deodorant on my thighs. Doesn't work in shorts because they turn white but does the trick for skirts and dresses
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @MyNamesTaken yes!! I usually do that too when I'm not pregnant.

For some reason when I'm pregnant my thighs quadruple in size and require something more than just deodorant.  :D:(
  • @IsItTacoTuesday thanks for the heads up! I'll be checking that out today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @IsItTacoTuesday Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a few outfits. Been looking for an excuse to buy some maternity clothes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • When it comes to chub rub you cannot beat jockey skimmies! There's also a different brand I really like as well called Ellen Tracy slip shorts. Both options are thinner and less hot than bicycle shorts. I also find them to be much sketchier. They kinda hold you in but not in a tight way like spanx, just in a supportive way if that makes sense. And they are reasonably priced.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QH9CA56/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489592751&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=womens+slip+shorts+ellen&dpPl=1&dpID=41WnIaTqHBL&ref=plSrch
    Me: 26 DH:25
    Married:August 2015
    TTC #1 since April 2016
  • @suziemay827 second the jockey skimmies. They also work like a slip-- keep dresses from riding up/clinging too much-- and I wear them (white or black color depending, not nude, that would look funny) under semi-sheer things too. love them. 
  • I was just coming to tell you about the Old Navy sale!

I picked up 3 dresses, a pair of leggings, and a pair of pants. I will probably hate them all (that's just how I am, I will bring 30 things into a dressing room, and only buy one or two of them). But if the dresses fit ok in the boobs and shoulders, I think I'll be able to get a ton of wear out of them through the pregnancy and after.
  • i went to my walmart....could not find ANY maternity clothes anywhere in the damn store other than some bras.
  • lahearn18 said:
    i went to my walmart....could not find ANY maternity clothes anywhere in the damn store other than some bras.
    For real?! That's lame... mine has a little tiny section on the edge of the aisle between the clothes and bras and it has a few tanks, a few shirts, a few pants, shorts, some tank dresses, some bras, belly bands and leggings! That's so weird that you don't have one :( 
  • @stephy_p Deoderant on your thighs ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby powder works too for the thigh rub. And get clear deodorant for the thighs for shorts 
  • Has anyone bought maternity clothes from Loft? They had a couple cute things online but I've had mixed experiences with their non-maternity clothes. 
  • labby18 said:
    FOUND THE MATERNITY CLOTHES AT WALMART
    Ooooh yay!!! What'd you get?!?!?!
  • So, I just learned that a co-worker of mine has a sister who is a maternity clothes designer. She does Ingrid and Isabel and just signed with Target. I looked at the website and her clothes are pretty cute. They're not cheap though. I'm hoping she'll have a cheaper line at Target. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @wyomama0427
    a pair of jeans, a t shirt, and a tank. :)
  • @labby18 Where did you find them? I didn't see any at my Wal mart either...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 go to the bra & undie section. There is a TINY section with some maternity tops and bottoms. For me it was right next to the nurse scrubs and sports bras. 
  • @stephy_p This stuff works miracles for me in the summer. Also, bicycle shorts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E96MG2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Aaaannnnddd ordered!  Thanks for the link!
  • labby18 said:
    @wyomama0427
    I require photos!!!!!!
  • zetega said:
    Has anyone bought maternity clothes from Loft? They had a couple cute things online but I've had mixed experiences with their non-maternity clothes. 
    I purchased most my pre-pregnancy clothes from LOFT, so it was a no-brainer to go there for some maternity clothes.  I found that a lot of their shirts were tent-like and not as fitted (which is my preference), so I've been staying away from their shirts.  A coworker of mine said the full panel on their jeans was too rigid and hated them so I've steered clear from those.  I ordered some dresses, sweaters and shorts, and as far as I can tell, they're great.  It's not quite the weather for the shorts or dresses, so I don't know what they'll be like in all day wear.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • labby18 said:
    @HollyGolightly09 go to the bra & undie section. There is a TINY section with some maternity tops and bottoms. For me it was right next to the nurse scrubs and sports bras. 
    Thanks! I definitely didn't look there... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • labby18 said:
    @wyomama0427
    I require photos!!!!!!
    Yes... pics, please! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FYI, Motherhood Maternity is having a sale right now. Dresses and bottoms (including all jeans and shorts) are buy one get one 50% off, and tops are buy two get one free. Plus, if you spend $75, they give you $30 worth of "Bump Bucks" to spend next month.

I got a nice pair of jeans (and they had both petites and longs in stock!), two dresses, three shirts, and a maternity support thing. I'm so excited have some clothes that fit again! And the maternity support thing looks like spanx, but it isn't very tight on the belly, and it gives just enough support to the belly, which is nice since I'm having pretty consistent round ligament pains. It was so much more comfortable than I expected, I'm excited to wear it!

• @amandarene112 yay!!! That's awesome! It's soooo nice to have clothes that fit, I don't even want to think about tying to squeeze into my normal clothes anymore!
  • I hit up the Motherhood sale yesterday too! Got two pairs of pants and four shirts. However I definitely spent more than $75 and didn't get any bump bucks
  • jena333 said:
    I'm struggling with finding local places that do plus size maternity :( I have a feeling I'm just going to have to order a bunch of stuff online and then go through the hassle of returning everything that doesn't fit.
    I hear ya. I actually found this site yoursclothing.com and I got a pair of leggings and jeans and they're awesome! Also larger sizes from ON worked well last time for me. Annnnnnd then I just sized up at torrid because I need some cute clothes in my lyfe.
  • Anyone have any preference so for maternity swimwear? I have never had a bump during the summer. I'm sure I could just wear a normal bikini but I am kinda self conscious and I've seen some cute one pieces and tankinis. 

-snip-
    I plan to just stick this bump in a bikini and be done with it. The only area of my body I'm usually self conscious about is my tummy, but not this year! Plus, I feel like all the maternity swim suits are really expensive, and I probably won't fit by August what I bought in May. I might buy a maternity bikini bottom and just pair it with a regular top, though.

• I had great luck with thredup. You can return for free if they don't fit and I lurked in local consignment shops that have a maternity section. You can usually find high quality nursing tanks and maternity jeans for next to nothing, because consignment places prefer to take in name brand. I got a pair of Joe jeans and they are the best! 

I also liked the higher quality leggings from motherhood maternity. They are super pricey, but I can wear them while not pregnant, too.
  • Good Morning Ladies! For those of you who have purchased off of ASOS, have you found that their sizing runs accurate? I am in need of a formal dress for 3 weddings we have coming up and they seem to have some very cute dresses that are not overly expensive. I know the sizing is in UK and I looked at the UK to US conversion chart and just want to make sure I shouldn't size up or down. Thank you!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    XoXo, Dee
  • atthemomentatthemoment member
    edited March 2017
    I just went to destination maternity and got 2 new cropped jeans( im short so they work as pants and were cheaper) and 3 shirts. All jessica simpson brand which is actually really cute stuff. All my clothes from DS were old handmedowns and i was a total frumpy the entire time. :# trying to change that this time. I agree its so nice to have something that fits! Plus i got 50 bump bucks for the end of april that my Credit card can look forward to using lol
    DS 8/13/15 
    Blessed  <3o:)
  • I need maternity dress pants that won't cost me an arm and a leg. :cry: 
    Mine are so worn in from wearing them so much at work that there's holes in the thighs, and I can't justify buying pants right now if they won't fit me in a couple of months. But everything looks like it's 70 or 80 dollars. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • stephy_p said:
    Why don't maternity pants have real pockets? I just bought 2 pair and they have pretend pockets. What's the point?!
    Mine have real pockets!!